What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (8 Viewers)

Slightly intoxicated after finding out today that AngryWife and I flushed another $3K down the toilet trying to have a second kid and it's pretty much medically impossible for it to ever happen. Heading toward fully intoxicated.CHEERS!
:wall: Terribly sorry.

Slightly intoxicated after finding out today that AngryWife and I flushed another $3K down the toilet trying to have a second kid and it's pretty much medically impossible for it to ever happen. Heading toward fully intoxicated.CHEERS!
Damn, that seriously sucks. I couldn't imagine. On the other hand I've got a pain in the ### 16 year old I'm willing to part with on the cheap.(hope you're drunk enough to appreciate the humor)

Wow, sorry to hear that! I'm tossing one back for you and the Mrs.

Oh, btw... every Penn State fan I met a couple of weeks ago was awesome.
Last Saturday I was at the NIU/MN game. In the 4th quarter as my hapless Gophers were getting destroyed once again, Victor E Huskie came into the stands and gave me a hug. Not sure about their fans, but the mascot was nice.

Sorry to hear, GB. Wish I could give you an awkward man hug.

That really sucks, bentley. I know it's hard to see the silver lining here, but if you're dwelling on the 3k, it would have gotten you about twelve minutes worth of tuition in 2028 dollars. Besides, having a second kid is just a trend. You'll be glad one day when you don't look like those guys that keep getting tattoos and end up getting one on their neck or face because they're "addictive" and there's no chance they'll ever go out of style.

//official request to join cake next year//
You can take my spot. I'm done with Cake. Nobody trades and the innings limit is ridiculous.
too low?
Way too low. For the amount of roster space given, it's a joke. And good luck trying to get anyone to even respond to your trade offers, let alone execute one.
Innings limit in general are pretty silly.
What about max games at other positions? I guess you think you should be able to start three first basemen instead of a couple middle infielders.

That really sucks, bentley. I know it's hard to see the silver lining here, but if you're dwelling on the 3k, it would have gotten you about twelve minutes worth of tuition in 2028 dollars. Besides, having a second kid is just a trend. You'll be glad one day when you don't look like those guys that keep getting tattoos and end up getting one on their neck or face because they're "addictive" and there's no chance they'll ever go out of style.
:goodposting:Maybe I'll knock off a bladder of wine tomorrow night in your honor.

Shuke,

You want a free ticket to the UK - Auburn game in a couple of weeks?

Downside: You have to sit with three Auburn fans.

Upside: Free ticket, surrounded by Kentucky hicks fans.

ETA: No shtick.
Auburn fans? No thanks.

I've been mildly entertained by a chain of emails with my family. It started with my brother sending a joke to me, my other brother, my sister in law and my mother. My mother, God bless her, isn't very computer savy and it is an accomplishment when she can actually open an email and respond to it. So, upon getting the original "joke email" from my brother, the following replies occurred (keep in mind all of my Mother's responses are serious)

My SIL replied: LOL

My mother then replied: I love you too

My SIL replied: Huh?

My brother replied: Mom, do you know what LOL means?

My mother replied: yeah, something about "Loving you a Lot". But I dont know what "huh" means.

My other brother replied: Sorry, but..... LMAO

My mother replied: What does that mean?

I replied (to my own amusement): It means the same as "huh". What does "mom" mean?

My mother replied: Not funny. This is why I don't do emails

I replied: Ok, sorry Mom. I'll see this you weekend, tell Dad I LOL him.

My mother replied: Ok, I will. LOL you too.

:goodposting: :lmao: :lmao:

I really can't wait for her to learn how to text on her cell phone. That should be very entertaining.
:lmao: OMG!!

Shuke,

You want a free ticket to the UK - Auburn game in a couple of weeks?

Downside: You have to sit with three Auburn fans.

Upside: Free ticket, surrounded by Kentucky hicks fans.

ETA: No shtick.
you went to Auburn?
Yeah, that and South Alabama in Mobile.
woulda never guessed that. You from Alabama originally?
Do we even know who we're talking to here?ETA: doesn't look like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glen: Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.H.I.: Someone oughta sell tickets.Glen: Sure, I'd buy one. (Sorry, GBbentley and GBAW. :towelwave: )

Glen: Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.H.I.: Someone oughta sell tickets.Glen: Sure, I'd buy one. (Sorry, GBbentley and GBAW. :lmao: )
I promise to be done with the baby talk after tonight. I definitely appreciate the quote. AW and I love this movie and called our boy Ed (since we thought it was a nice gender neutral name) until we found out the sex.

Glen: Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.H.I.: Someone oughta sell tickets.Glen: Sure, I'd buy one. (Sorry, GBbentley and GBAW. :lmao: )
I promise to be done with the baby talk after tonight. I definitely appreciate the quote. AW and I love this movie and called our boy Ed (since we thought it was a nice gender neutral name) until we found out the sex.
I'm glad; I didn't want to offend but thought in all places this is the one that would work... I don't know. I'm not a parent nor do I want to be. I know that you have an incredibly beautiful boy. I know that it has to hurt not to have more on your own. But there are tons of possibilities if you're open to them, not just "a negra born with his heart on the outside". You and AW seem like great people and awesome parents who could give another kid in need a great life. Or you could stick with what you have and do great, too.

I'm glad; I didn't want to offend but thought in all places this is the one that would work... I don't know. I'm not a parent nor do I want to be. I know that you have an incredibly beautiful boy. I know that it has to hurt not to have more on your own. But there are tons of possibilities if you're open to them, not just "a negra born with his heart on the outside". You and AW seem like great people and awesome parents who could give another kid in need a great life. Or you could stick with what you have and do great, too.
I have two sisters adopted through Child Protective Services here in Texas and AW spent four years as an adoption counselor, so we've talked about it. The good thing about a kid born with its heart on the outside is that it would probably pay for itself on the freak show circuit.

I have two sisters adopted through Child Protective Services here in Texas and AW spent four years as an adoption counselor, so we've talked about it. The good thing about a kid born with its heart on the outside is that it would probably pay for itself on the freak show circuit.
That's the spirit! :lmao: (Is there really a freak show circuit, and where can I find it?)

Just to get a little sappy in here, but my cousin has 3 boys. That is probably a ****y thing to bring up right now, but I do so to mention he and his wife just adopted a girl from China. Their immediate family and our extended family are already as excited about her, if not moreso than we would have been if they had little girl on their own. Part of the grieving process is refocusing, I think, and considering you have a first child together and want another, I think you might fit in pretty well with my cousin's family dynamic.

You can PM me, of course, if you want to get in touch with them for any details. They applied to adopt a "special needs" child from China, and Mia has a birthmark above her left eye... yes, that's the extent over her special needs. I did see the website where there were children pictured with actual special needs.

The poor girl in question was born in China but will likely have a southern accent worse than Henry Cho.

Anyway, my stepsister has been going through this (fertility drugs) for her first child and we're hopeful for her current pregnancy in the 2nd trimester. I have a slight understanding of what you're going through, but no where near the full extent. We had a pretty big family event the weekend where she was pretty much mis-carrying her first pregnancy and it was a terribly sad thing to be around, much less have to live through on that personal of a level.

Good thoughts sent your way regardless.

The poor girl in question was born in China but will likely have a southern accent worse than Henry Cho.
:football: My best friend in law school, who was from Houston, was named LaVerne Chang. Yep, her parents were Laverne and Shirley fans from China. And if her name didn't mess things up enough, her deep Southern accent did.Like your cousin's family, I know lots of people who have adopted from China, with a smattering of other Asian countries, Russia and Guatemala thrown in, too. China certainly seemed to be the most seamless for people I knew, though still a long process. But the abundance of unwanted girl babies there still makes it the easiest, I think. About 3/4 of people I know who've adopted because they were "unable" to have kids naturally have then become pregnant within a year or so of adopting. So strange and no explanation other than they were then "relaxed" enough to conceive.

Anyone in here ever been in that LEGENDARY chili thread? Is it truly LEGENDARY?
It's pretty good, but it's labor intensive if you're an idiot like me. I've made it twice. Once for a Super Bowl party and it was a big hit. Once for a poker party and again, nothing left. But I think those people would have devoured Alpo Chili if I made it. They were just eating to coat the beer in their stomachs. But I like making it. I'll do it again some day. I'd like to do it with venison one day...or buffalo meat. I also just got a crock pot and might try doing it in there.

:bow: My best friend in law school, who was from Houston, was named LaVerne Chang. Yep, her parents were Laverne and Shirley fans from China. And if her name didn't mess things up enough, her deep Southern accent did.Like your cousin's family, I know lots of people who have adopted from China, with a smattering of other Asian countries, Russia and Guatemala thrown in, too. China certainly seemed to be the most seamless for people I knew, though still a long process. But the abundance of unwanted girl babies there still makes it the easiest, I think. About 3/4 of people I know who've adopted because they were "unable" to have kids naturally have then become pregnant within a year or so of adopting. So strange and no explanation other than they were then "relaxed" enough to conceive.
Yeah, I knew they were adopting from China for a while. I only found out about the "special needs" part of it pretty close to them taking the trip. There are some actual special needs children involved with this, but when my cousin arrived in China, they were surprised to find out that her condition which classified her as such was a birthmark above one of her eyes. I'd guess by the time this girl hits puberty, no one will be able to distinguish this birthmark without previous knowledge. Heck, until I knew it, I didn't notice. Now that I do, it stands out to a degree in pictures, but not really...if that makes any sense.I started posting before I saw Bentley's adoption related posts. I'd love to have a kid of my own with a wife eventually, and while I've joked about scheduling a vasectomy after being left alone with a few 4-8 year old boys for a couple of hours, if given the chance with help (like a wife), I'd volunteer to adopt a kid under the correct circumstances. I certainly don't have the responsibility to accomplish such a task at the moment though.No pressure intended though in Bentley's direction. I completely forgot about my other cousin who adopted, the boy in question being in college now. There's no question of his membership in the family... a bunch of white people with a definitely hispanic, possibly black family member... in the South no less. My cousin in question is almost 15 years older than me and I'd probably throw myself in front of a train for her adopted son. Family connections are all about experience and love, IMO, and I consider some people here family in some sense.

If I could pick an organ to have on the outside, I'd choose liver. I'd like to keep a close eye on that one and maybe find a way to scrub it.
Mine deserves a Caribbean vacation, or whatever it is that livers dream about doing when they aren't removing deathly amounts of toxins.

So I've got this student this year that is "interesting". He's autistic but it is very, very mild. Most people probably wouldn't pick up on it. He's a great kid and sharp as a tack. He's actually one of my favorite kids this year. But he has this habit of asking rather strange questions that I have no idea what to do with. Just a few minutes ago the bell rang and everybody was leaving to go to lunch. He comes up to my desk.Kid: You're always drinking these drinks that I don't know anything about.(he's referring to the store-brand or off brand diet soda or energy drinks that I buy...Diet Riot or Red Rain or whatever. I'm cheap)Me: Um...I guess.Kid: I mean I've never heard of Diet Freshe' or Max Velocity.Me: Oh, well I like to expand my horizons when it comes to beverages. I'm a Man of the World I guess.Kid: :lmao: (long pause) Can I say something and not get in trouble?Me: Uh...sure.Kid: You're kinda weird sometimes. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
My buddy's BIL happens to be a 13 y/o kid with Aspergers... late pregnancy by MIL. He's a pretty cool kid IMO. Sounds exactly like something he'd say.
I wonder if the kid I know has Aspergers. He's 14-15, sample conversation I've had with him:Kid: Hey, what did you have for supper last night? Me: Umm, noodles with meatballs.Kid: What was the reason?Me: :X Because that's what my wife cooked.Kid: There's no reason to scream. Then he turns and wanders away saying "Ker-chunk! Ker-chunk! Ker-chunk".

My two worst experiences by far have been my first Auburn trip and my one and only Ole Miss trips. Maybe it's just me, but I think out of all of the SEC schools Ole Miss and Auburn (in that order) on a whole think that they are "above" the other schools on a status level.....and that's a huge pet peeve for me. I absolutely loathe when someone thinks they are better than you just b/c of a school you went to or car you have, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I actually have some very good friends that went to Auburn and Ole Miss....but it's just a general perception I have based on a handful of experiences.

I'll also be the first to admit that LSU probably has the largest % of trashy fans in the SEC.

Both trips to Bama I had were awesome, same with my only trips to Florida and Georgia.
I was at the ACC tournament in Greensboro this year. I love talking to fans of other teams to get a different perspective. But then you get guys like this...Setting: the outside deck at Hooters, about 11 a.m. There are 8 of us at a table, most wearing MD colors.

The Guy: a Duke fan. But not the type of Duke fan I'm used to - you know, the NJ preppie (possibly Asianed). No, this guy came down out of the mountains somewhere. He was fat, had a busted lip, and pie-eyed drunk. He walks by our table, stops, swaying in the alcohol breeze.

Guy: VASQUEZ DIDN'T DESERVE ACC POY!!!!!!

One of us: lemme, guess - Scheyer?

Guy: NO!!!! SINGLER!!!!!

Me: how do you figure?

Guy: KYLE'S (mumble, mumble, some kind of sabermetric thing I guess given the context) IS THE HIGHEST AND HE'S THE BEST PLAYER!!!

One of us: Singler's what? How are you getting that number?

Guy: HIS (something, something)!!!! IT'S POINTS TIMES REBOUNDS TIMES ASSISTS TIMES (etc...)!!!!!

(entire deck population is staring at our little tete a tete by now)

One of us: what kind of math is that?

Guy (fighting for the right words): DEGREE MATH!!!! I'VE GOT A MATH DEGREE!!!!

Us: laughter

Guy: @#$% VASQUEZ AND @#$% GARY "FAT ###" WILLIAMS!!!!! (Williams fat?)

Then one of his buddies comes through and grabs him. He may be slightly less inbred than our hero but I doubt it. They go to their truck, and as they drive by us Guy plays the coup de grace: "VASQUEZ IS A %#$ING (derogatory word for Hispanics)!!!!

gllllll bentley. Look at it this way: Unless the wife's lighting the carpet on fire and then denying it, you already know who did it.

Users who are viewing this thread