What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL NEW YORK JETS 2012 OFFSEASON THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

still super pissed. Tebow is a good dude and will say all the right things, but in the end, his presence will just destroy any confidence he has left. Whether the coaching staff tries to give him a long leash or not, ESPN will be all over this story and just beat it to death. Tebow would be an AMAZING addition if we could just evaluate it in a vacuum, but that's impossible. Unless Sanchez becomes Drew Brees during the off-season, he won't survive the year and will probably be off the team within 18 months.I'm not some huge Sanchez supporter, but he needed 1 year with a different OC to see what he has. Now he'll never get it and I think that stinks.
So lets not upgrade the #2 QB position when we have a chance to "support" Sanchez? screw that - its his 4th season - sink or swim...if he stinks or gets hurt and the team is in the race I'll be happy that they have Tebow to turn to than Stanton! Fans chanting for Tebow at the game? Have you been to a home JEt game...they booed Sanchez at introductions last season! LOL
With any other player that has ever been born, I would totally agree with you. But Tebow is a special case. There's a difference between a guy getting booed a little bit and the entire country screaming for Jesus Christ himself to take your job.
I respectfully disagree - do your job and play well and there is no issue....keep throwing picks to DL and you may get benched...Sanchez has been pushed by a QB older than me the past 2 years (and thats old) - its time for Sanchez to sink or swim...this is the NFL and NY...Sanchez knows its put up or shut up time. I fail to see how this sets back the team for years as fans are saying - I know Jet fans are a woe as me bunch but this just strikes me as a huge over reaction.

Because I think Tebow was lucky and won't succeed in the long term. Great kid, tough as nails, very talented athlete, but he doesn't have the proper skill set to continue to win in today's NFL (IMO, of course)

If Sanchez fails, it might be 5 or 6 years before this team is even remotely good again.

- 1 year of Sanchez sucking

- 2 years of Tebow coming back to earth

- 2-3 years of developing the new "franchise" quarterback that we'll inevitably have to draft.

Because I think Tebow was lucky and won't succeed in the long term. Great kid, tough as nails, very talented athlete, but he doesn't have the proper skill set to continue to win in today's NFL (IMO, of course) If Sanchez fails, it might be 5 or 6 years before this team is even remotely good again. - 1 year of Sanchez sucking- 2 years of Tebow coming back to earth- 2-3 years of developing the new "franchise" quarterback that we'll inevitably have to draft.
Richard Todd, Pat Ryan, Kenny O, Browning, Boomer, O'Donnel, Foley, Vinny, Chad, Old man Favre, Sanchez - look no further to why the Jets havent won a Super Bowl since Joe Willy.....Its a vicious cycle - if Sanchez fails...Tebow or no Tebow its back to the drawing board....I'm used to it by now!

still super pissed. Tebow is a good dude and will say all the right things, but in the end, his presence will just destroy any confidence he has left. Whether the coaching staff tries to give him a long leash or not, ESPN will be all over this story and just beat it to death. Tebow would be an AMAZING addition if we could just evaluate it in a vacuum, but that's impossible. Unless Sanchez becomes Drew Brees during the off-season, he won't survive the year and will probably be off the team within 18 months.I'm not some huge Sanchez supporter, but he needed 1 year with a different OC to see what he has. Now he'll never get it and I think that stinks.
So lets not upgrade the #2 QB position when we have a chance to "support" Sanchez? screw that - its his 4th season - sink or swim...if he stinks or gets hurt and the team is in the race I'll be happy that they have Tebow to turn to than Stanton! Fans chanting for Tebow at the game? Have you been to a home JEt game...they booed Sanchez at introductions last season! LOL
With any other player that has ever been born, I would totally agree with you. But Tebow is a special case. There's a difference between a guy getting booed a little bit and the entire country screaming for Jesus Christ himself to take your job.
I respectfully disagree - do your job and play well and there is no issue....keep throwing picks to DL and you may get benched...Sanchez has been pushed by a QB older than me the past 2 years (and thats old) - its time for Sanchez to sink or swim...this is the NFL and NY...Sanchez knows its put up or shut up time. I fail to see how this sets back the team for years as fans are saying - I know Jet fans are a woe as me bunch but this just strikes me as a huge over reaction.
I do agree it's about time to put Sanchez on the spot, I'd rather have seen it done a different way. But, since Tebow is the guy they decided to bring in, that's that. We just have to deal with it now. I will say this much: I think I'd rather see Tebow down inside the 10 than Sanchez, especially how things are for us currently at WR for the time being.

I'm so annoyed with this move. What really bothers me is the fact that it seems like the Jets have no coherent plan for what they're trying to do. How could getting Tebow possibly be a good idea, when they already have a QB who is such a head case w/ Sanchez. I understand the desire to have a legitimate backup to challenge Sanchez, but Tebow is an exception; there's no way he won't create even more of a circus around the Jets, which is the last thing they need. Not to mention, they burned about 2.5 million of cap which absolutely could have been used elsewhere.

Because I think Tebow was lucky and won't succeed in the long term. Great kid, tough as nails, very talented athlete, but he doesn't have the proper skill set to continue to win in today's NFL (IMO, of course) If Sanchez fails, it might be 5 or 6 years before this team is even remotely good again. - 1 year of Sanchez sucking- 2 years of Tebow coming back to earth- 2-3 years of developing the new "franchise" quarterback that we'll inevitably have to draft.
I'm with TLEF.... Tried to shake it off last night and absorb the positives...THE PROBLEM is this reeks of a Woody Johnson move to generate publicity and it reeks of some sort of grasp at an answer to the Giants Super Bowl....Maybe I was among the few left but, I held out hope that Sanchez could develop as a QB - In order to do that he needs consistent weapons, protection, a run game and 100% commitment - HE HAS NEVER HAD THAT!!!! This was the year he was supposed to get full support and was going to be able to sink or swim with a full offseason program...I never agreed with media or rival fans that talked about a Jets circus or Rex as a blowhard - But, i lost a lot of respect yesterday for Woody, Rex and I'm totally done with Tannenbaum. IMO yesterday put a Definitive Stamp on the Jets being a mockery and a Circus - I can't fight that any longer - It's the truth.MeanWhile the Bills, all of a sudden have made every move that I agree with and would love to see in NY the past 2 years - making it even worse.And instead of giving Sanchez 100% support with Ground and Pound and all resources and energy going towards solidfying The Jets Now, IMO we have a team with a QB controvery before Game 1 and an inevitable Train Wreck which will evetually lead to Rex being Fired, Tanny being fired (if lucky) and wholesale Changes.. We are set back years from BUILDING a real team by grasping at staws yet again.That Tebow run last year was Miraculous - So much #### happened, so many mistakes, so many flukes - AND WE BOUGHT IT!!!! IMO, the real Tebow is the one you saw the Patriots match up against and pound the #### out of. A Distraction. A Headache. The begining of the End.

THIS feeling I have now.

THIS is what drew me to Fantasy Football about 17 year ago... The feeling of having so much Love for the Sport but, being sick bleeding the color of an organization that makes moves that IMO are Irrational and downright silly.

I'm with TLEF.... Tried to shake it off last night and absorb the positives...THE PROBLEM is this reeks of a Woody Johnson move to generate publicity and it reeks of some sort of grasp at an answer to the Giants Super Bowl....Maybe I was among the few left but, I held out hope that Sanchez could develop as a QB - In order to do that he needs consistent weapons, protection, a run game and 100% commitment - HE HAS NEVER HAD THAT!!!! This was the year he was supposed to get full support and was going to be able to sink or swim with a full offseason program...I never agreed with media or rival fans that talked about a Jets circus or Rex as a blowhard - But, i lost a lot of respect yesterday for Woody, Rex and I'm totally done with Tannenbaum. IMO yesterday put a Definitive Stamp on the Jets being a mockery and a Circus - I can't fight that any longer - It's the truth.MeanWhile the Bills, all of a sudden have made every move that I agree with and would love to see in NY the past 2 years - making it even worse.And instead of giving Sanchez 100% support with Ground and Pound and all resources and energy going towards solidfying The Jets Now, IMO we have a team with a QB controvery before Game 1 and an inevitable Train Wreck which will evetually lead to Rex being Fired, Tanny being fired (if lucky) and wholesale Changes.. We are set back years from BUILDING a real team by grasping at staws yet again.That Tebow run last year was Miraculous - So much #### happened, so many mistakes, so many flukes - AND WE BOUGHT IT!!!! IMO, the real Tebow is the one you saw the Patriots match up against and pound the #### out of. A Distraction. A Headache. The begining of the End.
IMO this is a comittment to ground and pound - Tebow ran the ball down our throat last season in crunch time...you could say he may be the most talented runner on the roster right now....he is not challenging Sanchez this year he is replacing Brad Smith....if Sanchz plays well its a non factor...if he stinks then the #2 should get a shot whther it be Tebow or someone else...its year 4...the Sanchez coddling has to stop. He's a big boy getting paid a lot of money....produce and take the job and Tebow remains the wildcat guy. Stink it up and keep throwing picks to the DL of the other team and he shoukd be benched - no more old man Brunnel

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how I feel now too. It's not just the Tebow trade; it's the fact that the organization just seems to be chasing its tail. The Jets desperately need a good coverage safety; they've given away two (Rhodes and Lowery) in the last 2 years. I just feel like most of the Jets moves at this point are totally reactive instead of proactive, and that's not the way to build a successful team.

Because I think Tebow was lucky and won't succeed in the long term. Great kid, tough as nails, very talented athlete, but he doesn't have the proper skill set to continue to win in today's NFL (IMO, of course)

If Sanchez fails, it might be 5 or 6 years before this team is even remotely good again.

- 2-3 years of developing the new "franchise" quarterback that we'll inevitably have to draft.
I'm with TLEF.... Tried to shake it off last night and absorb the positives...

THE PROBLEM is this reeks of a Woody Johnson move to generate publicity and it reeks of some sort of grasp at an answer to the Giants Super Bowl....

Maybe I was among the few left but, I held out hope that Sanchez could develop as a QB - In order to do that he needs consistent weapons, protection, a run game and 100% commitment - HE HAS NEVER HAD THAT!!!!

This was the year he was supposed to get full support and was going to be able to sink or swim with a full offseason program...

I never agreed with media or rival fans that talked about a Jets circus or Rex as a blowhard - But, i lost a lot of respect yesterday for Woody, Rex and I'm totally done with Tannenbaum.

IMO yesterday put a Definitive Stamp on the Jets being a mockery and a Circus - I can't fight that any longer - It's the truth.

MeanWhile the Bills, all of a sudden have made every move that I agree with and would love to see in NY the past 2 years - making it even worse.

And instead of giving Sanchez 100% support with Ground and Pound and all resources and energy going towards solidfying The Jets Now, IMO we have a team with a QB controvery before Game 1 and an inevitable Train Wreck which will evetually lead to Rex being Fired, Tanny being fired (if lucky) and wholesale Changes..

We are set back years from BUILDING a real team by grasping at staws yet again.

That Tebow run last year was Miraculous - So much #### happened, so many mistakes, so many flukes - AND WE BOUGHT IT!!!! IMO, the real Tebow is the one you saw the Patriots match up against and pound the #### out of. A Distraction. A Headache.

The begining of the End.
IMO this is a comittment to ground and pound - Tebow ran the ball down our throat last season in crunch time...you could say he may be the most talented runner on the roster right now....he is not challenging Sanchez this year he is replacing Brad Smith....if Sanchz plays well its a non factor...if he stinks then the #2 should get a shot whther it be Tebow or someone else...its year 4...the Sanchez coddling has to stop. He's a big boy getting paid a lot of money....produce and take the job and Tebow remains the wildcat guy. Stink it up and keep throwing picks to the DL of the other team and he shoukd be benched - no more old man Brunnel
Listening to Joe and Evan right now..

"Only a few whacko jets fans think this is a good idea"

This whole "coddling of Sanchez is the Biggest load of BS IMO!!!!

- Give him consistent weapons, a Run game and protection - THEN TALK TO ME ABOUT CODDLING!!!!!!

Don't take away his RB each year, take away his WR, take away his RT and leave the OL with no depth in a season with no off season program and then talk to me about how a QB with the experience this guy has is being coddled.....

HOW IN THE #### #### ####### #### #### IS THIS CODDLING IN THE LEAST?

ohhhhhh he needs a QB to push him - WHAT!!!!!!! How about the fact that the guy is pushed because his career is about to go pffffffft - No Man needs MORE pusing that that - he's at the end of the line!!!!!!!!!

THIS was supposed to be the year the franchise coddled and showed the guy support AT ALL and had faith in the QB THEY traded up for when i said DO NOT DO IT!!!!

no team that has faith in their QB brings this Clown Show to their offense.

Oh yeah and JESUS CHRIST - HOW ABOUT REPAIRING THE HOLES YOU STILL HAVE AT RT WR S AND RB???????

They filled no holes and brought in the Clown show!!!!

Complete insantity. Tannenbaum needs to go.

IMO this is a comittment to ground and pound - Tebow ran the ball down our throat last season in crunch time...
Also.. Tebow ran it down the throat of a Defense that looked like it just played a huge rival game just 4 days earlier and was playing in the Denver altitude - Excuses - sure But, the defense was DONE that night and I totally called what happened late in that game.Tebow's whole season was full of similar miracles.Jets FO is banking on miracles.

I'm with TLEF.... Tried to shake it off last night and absorb the positives...

THE PROBLEM is this reeks of a Woody Johnson move to generate publicity and it reeks of some sort of grasp at an answer to the Giants Super Bowl....

Maybe I was among the few left but, I held out hope that Sanchez could develop as a QB - In order to do that he needs consistent weapons, protection, a run game and 100% commitment - HE HAS NEVER HAD THAT!!!!

This was the year he was supposed to get full support and was going to be able to sink or swim with a full offseason program...

I never agreed with media or rival fans that talked about a Jets circus or Rex as a blowhard - But, i lost a lot of respect yesterday for Woody, Rex and I'm totally done with Tannenbaum.

IMO yesterday put a Definitive Stamp on the Jets being a mockery and a Circus - I can't fight that any longer - It's the truth.

MeanWhile the Bills, all of a sudden have made every move that I agree with and would love to see in NY the past 2 years - making it even worse.

And instead of giving Sanchez 100% support with Ground and Pound and all resources and energy going towards solidfying The Jets Now, IMO we have a team with a QB controvery before Game 1 and an inevitable Train Wreck which will evetually lead to Rex being Fired, Tanny being fired (if lucky) and wholesale Changes..

We are set back years from BUILDING a real team by grasping at staws yet again.

That Tebow run last year was Miraculous - So much #### happened, so many mistakes, so many flukes - AND WE BOUGHT IT!!!! IMO, the real Tebow is the one you saw the Patriots match up against and pound the #### out of. A Distraction. A Headache.

The begining of the End.
Listening to Joe and Evan right now..

"Only a few whacko jets fans think this is a good idea"

This whole "coddling of Sanchez is the Biggest load of BS IMO!!!!

- Give him consistent weapons, a Run game and protection - THEN TALK TO ME ABOUT CODDLING!!!!!!

Don't take away his RB each year, take away his WR, take away his RT and leave the OL with no depth in a season with no off season program and then talk to me about how a QB with the experience this guy has is being coddled.....

HOW IN THE #### #### ####### #### #### IS THIS CODDLING IN THE LEAST?

ohhhhhh he needs a QB to push him - WHAT!!!!!!! How about the fact that the guy is pushed because his career is about to go pffffffft - No Man needs MORE pusing that that - he's at the end of the line!!!!!!!!!

THIS was supposed to be the year the franchise coddled and showed the guy support AT ALL and had faith in the QB THEY traded up for when i said DO NOT DO IT!!!!

no team that has faith in their QB brings this Clown Show to their offense.

Complete insantity. Tannenbaum needs to go.
I disagree- saying you cant improve the #2 QB spot and give the offense another weapon because it may effect Sanchez is coddling. He's in his 4th year....his RT was awful last year but he still has 2 Pro Bowl OL and a pretty darn good Guard....Greene is a solid albeit unspectaular RB...he has Keller and Holmes....Sanchez has had enough to work with and will have enough to be successful this season. Last season it was clear Sanchez needed to be pushed more - there were games that he was putrid and if the Jets had a better QB than a 50 yr old Brunnell he would have gotten the hook...

I guess after 35 years of being a Jet fan I find this deal very low on my Jet disaster radar....are you doom and gloomers saying there is no way this can push Sanchez to fulfill his potential and at the same time give the O another dimension that Brad Smith brought and won some big games with while the same Sanchez was QB? Thats how I see this working out but fo some reason Im an optomist after years of torture!

also a 35 year jet fan.. and I am ok with this move...

I cannot believe the level of hate for this deal.. really crazy...

the guy is a football player, if hes a team player he'll buy into his role as #2 and special ops packages.

after 1 year everyone can reassess, and he can continue in that role or jets can trade him, or sanchez wilts and its tebow time..

ny is no place for a wallflower, so its time for both of these guys to show there stuff..

i have to stay clear of any readio or tv for awhile though... the haters gonna hate...

I disagree- saying you cant improve the #2 QB spot and give the offense another weapon because it may effect Sanchez is coddling. He's in his 4th year....his RT was awful last year but he still has 2 Pro Bowl OL and a pretty darn good Guard...
Ok.. Now step back and really analyze the OL - the facts are One "Pro Bowl" player was out 3 games and played injured and less than "Pro Bowl" level for IMO at least 6 games.

The Other "Pro Bowl" player admitedly played well below his standards.

BOTTOM LINE: THE OFFENSIVE LINE SUCKED IN 2011

.Greene is a solid albeit unspectaular RB...he has Keller and Holmes....Sanchez has had enough to work with and will have enough to be successful this season.
Meh..

Sanchez lost his Deep threat WR and his safetey valve in Cotchery and work with a guy who didn't play a game in 3 years with no offseason program... Plus the fact that the Holmes signing alone has to be questioned

BOTTOM LINE: INCONSISTENT WEAPONS AND NO DEEP THREAT

Last season it was clear Sanchez needed to be pushed more - there were games that he was putrid and if the Jets had a better QB than a 50 yr old Brunnell he would have gotten the hook...
Only so much a QB can do IMO given everything I listed - IMO it wasn't "Pushing" Sanchez that was needed nearly as much as every single thing around him collapsing - At least FIX THOSE ISSUES and see what he can do then - Heck, he was in the Championship game when these things were better!!!!!

Don't Extend his contract and then knock his legs out from under him.

BOTTOM LINE: THE ENTIRE JETS TEAM WAS PUTRID LAST YEAR - OL, WR, RB, DEFENSE!!!!! AND THAT = BAD QB PLAY REGARDLESS

I guess after 35 years of being a Jet fan I find this deal very low on my Jet disaster radar....are you doom and gloomers saying there is no way this can push Sanchez to fulfill his potential and at the same time give the O another dimension that Brad Smith brought and won some big games with while the same Sanchez was QB? Thats how I see this working out but fo some reason Im an optomist after years of torture!
It's more than Just a Deal for a Football player - It's a complete lack of focus and a grasping at staws when you were supposed to be simplifying the Offense and filling the holes - This team was supposed to be going to Ground and Pound and keeping it simple - now they have to learn a new offense AND have 2 different packages and rotate QB's in and out..

a QB does not develep and become a better QB being taken out of a game IMO.....

It's WAY UP on my disaster radar because I see this as a complete failure that will not be resolved until a new HC and GM are in place and the team makes a legitimate attempt to install a Real Offense with a Real QB.

IMO, that's maybe 5 years away now...

EVen when we had Kotite, i was pretty confident he would be Fired Soon and things would change...

Where I sit today is PRE-KOTITE - the team doesn't even grasp what a Horrible Circus it has set up yet.

I would rather have KOTITE and NO QB right now.... I'd rather be the Dolphins.

RICH EISEN: "A Backpage Move - Mystifying.. I don't get it!!!"

Tannenbaum: "If our offense is sputtering and we roll this out there and it’s successful, who knows? "

YEAH TANNY WHO THE HELL KNOWS??????? Good Question jackal.

I disagree- saying you cant improve the #2 QB spot and give the offense another weapon because it may effect Sanchez is coddling. He's in his 4th year....his RT was awful last year but he still has 2 Pro Bowl OL and a pretty darn good Guard...
Ok.. Now step back and really analyze the OL - the facts are One "Pro Bowl" player was out 3 games and played injured and less than "Pro Bowl" level for IMO at least 6 games.

.Greene is a solid albeit unspectaular RB...he has Keller and Holmes....Sanchez has had enough to work with and will have enough to be successful this season.
Meh..

Sanchez lost his Deep threat WR and his safetey valve in Cotchery and work with a guy who didn't play a game in 3 years with no offseason program... Plus the fact that the Holmes signing alone has to be questioned

Last season it was clear Sanchez needed to be pushed more - there were games that he was putrid and if the Jets had a better QB than a 50 yr old Brunnell he would have gotten the hook...
Only so much a QB can do IMO given everything I listed - IMO it wasn't "Pushing" Sanchez that was needed nearly as much as every single thing around him collapsing - At least FIX THOSE ISSUES and see what he can do then - Heck, he was in the Championship game when these things were better!!!!!

BOTTOM LINE: THE ENTIRE JETS TEAM WAS PUTRID LAST YEAR - OL, WR, RB, DEFENSE!!!!! AND THAT = BAD QB PLAY REGARDLESS

It's more than Just a Deal for a Football player - It's a complete lack of focus and a grasping at staws when you were supposed to be simplifying the Offense and filling the holes - This team was supposed to be going to Ground and Pound and keeping it simple - now they have to learn a new offense AND have 2 different packages and rotate QB's in and out..

It's WAY UP on my disaster radar because I see this as a complete failure that will not be resolved until a new HC and GM are in place and the team makes a legitimate attempt to install a Real Offense with a Real QB.

EVen when we had Kotite, i was pretty confident he would be Fired Soon and things would change...

Where I sit today is PRE-KOTITE - the team doesn't even grasp what a Horrible Circus it has set up yet.

Wow - you need to step off the ledge and have a little faith...this regime got the JEts to 2 AFC CGs....they have been to 2 in the past 40 years....their "disaster season" was 8-8 - that should buy a little faith and certainly not comparing this regime to the Kotite disaster and God forbid the Dolphins! I assume you are at least in your late 30s....old enough to actually remember being a true laughingstock year after year and not just for trading for an overhyped QB...call me crazy but I have faith in Tanny/Rex and think Tebow will add a dimension. They will not be rotating QBs every other play or something...it will be like Brad smith....

unreal...

jags and phins fans are on the ledge with how bad there franchises are...

this team has competed and been relevant for the past 15 years now... a long way from the clueless joe and kotite days...

Meh..

Wow - you need to step off the ledge and have a little faith...this regime got the JEts to 2 AFC CGs....they have been to 2 in the past 40 years....their "disaster season" was 8-8 - that should buy a little faith and certainly not comparing this regime to the Kotite disaster and God forbid the Dolphins! I assume you are at least in your late 30s....old enough to actually remember being a true laughingstock year after year and not just for trading for an overhyped QB...call me crazy but I have faith in Tanny/Rex and think Tebow will add a dimension. They will not be rotating QBs every other play or something...it will be like Brad smith....
1) You guys all told me to step off the ledge last year at about week 12 and that ended just as I predicted.

2) I was with you about this FO - all they needed to do is back their QB and FILL THE HOLES to keep me.

3) I'm 44 - I've seen Everything short of a Super Bowl

4) I lost faith in Rex and Tanny yesterday.

After 20 years, I'm done.
I'm ILL. I'm at a Low as a Jets fan that I can't remember since Pre-Parcells (1997)And IMO the Saddest part if it all is that I think Rex Ryan is an amazing COACH... Problem is, Right off the bat i never would have drafted Sanchez especially for a "Win Now" North East Football team...I was ALL-IN for Rex up until now.But, He has to take a lot of the blame for the off the field decisions - Mostly Sanchez and now Tebow but, overall His Drafts have been complete Train Wrecks.I at least held out some hope For Sanchez now in year 4 IF - Given Good consistent weapons around him and an opportunity to be the QB... Now he'll just be part of the Gimmick Offense and IMO, won't get to fully develop being pulled off the field and not being able to work thru mistakes like Eli did, without the ####-storm of media and fans crying for the Savior.....It's a Very Sad Day to be a Jets fan.I think the next window of opportunity to win it all will now come one day with a new GM, HC and QB....
Sky is falling because the Jets traded a 4th rd pick for an upgrade at #2 QB and a playmaker for wildcat? Franchise set back 20 years? I just dont get it....its a 4th rd pick...they may not be able to draft 1 of the many bums they whiffed on in the 4th rd since 1990....If Sanchez stinks as a JEt fan I want a better option back there than Stanton....I just dont get the hate on this one....yes there is hype and a circus atmosphere but like it or not thats the JEts regardless!
I'm not sure why you're being so obtuse about this. I don't care about giving up a 4th rounder. I don't care about Drew Stanton. I care that the Jets claimed they were committed to giving Sanchez a fair shot (albeit probably a final shot) and then brought in a guy who every irrational fan and stupid media person will NEVER shut up about once Sanchez does one little thing wrong. I'm all for giving Sanchez competition and motivation, but they brought in a guy who may force his way onto the field (not his fault) for non-football reasons. The Jets and Tebow can say all they want about how he's not here to take Mark's job and how he'll be happy to help the team in any way he can. Any rational person who has seen what happened in Denver knows that that isn't the case.
First of all nice use of obtuse - good thing I watched Shawshank so I know I should take it as an insult...LOLbottom line - Sanchez plays well he is the man. They invested a ton in Ssnchez and they will give him every chance to succeed. Tebow took over in Denver because Orton sucked...the team would have tanked but Tebow got a shot and ran with it....if the same thing happens to the JEts why wouldnt you want a guy you can turn to for the same?
It will be a lot tougher for him to "play well" when he's yanked off the field in the middle of drives - or even worse on the sideline for entire drives.The thing is, just when the team looks like they will commit to giving Sanchez a chance to succeed, they go for the back page story/media circus instead.I'm all for adding playmakers, but how about at WR or RB instead? Right now we're looking at Holmes, Kerely and Schillens at WR. Not good.

I'm ILL. I'm at a Low as a Jets fan that I can't remember since Pre-Parcells (1997)And IMO the Saddest part if it all is that I think Rex Ryan is an amazing COACH... Problem is, Right off the bat i never would have drafted Sanchez especially for a "Win Now" North East Football team...I was ALL-IN for Rex up until now.But, He has to take a lot of the blame for the off the field decisions - Mostly Sanchez and now Tebow but, overall His Drafts have been complete Train Wrecks.I at least held out some hope For Sanchez now in year 4 IF - Given Good consistent weapons around him and an opportunity to be the QB... Now he'll just be part of the Gimmick Offense and IMO, won't get to fully develop being pulled off the field and not being able to work thru mistakes like Eli did, without the ####-storm of media and fans crying for the Savior.....It's a Very Sad Day to be a Jets fan.I think the next window of opportunity to win it all will now come one day with a new GM, HC and QB....
Sky is falling because the Jets traded a 4th rd pick for an upgrade at #2 QB and a playmaker for wildcat? Franchise set back 20 years? I just dont get it....its a 4th rd pick...they may not be able to draft 1 of the many bums they whiffed on in the 4th rd since 1990....If Sanchez stinks as a JEt fan I want a better option back there than Stanton....I just dont get the hate on this one....yes there is hype and a circus atmosphere but like it or not thats the JEts regardless!
I'm not sure why you're being so obtuse about this. I don't care about giving up a 4th rounder. I don't care about Drew Stanton. I care that the Jets claimed they were committed to giving Sanchez a fair shot (albeit probably a final shot) and then brought in a guy who every irrational fan and stupid media person will NEVER shut up about once Sanchez does one little thing wrong. I'm all for giving Sanchez competition and motivation, but they brought in a guy who may force his way onto the field (not his fault) for non-football reasons. The Jets and Tebow can say all they want about how he's not here to take Mark's job and how he'll be happy to help the team in any way he can. Any rational person who has seen what happened in Denver knows that that isn't the case.
First of all nice use of obtuse - good thing I watched Shawshank so I know I should take it as an insult...LOLbottom line - Sanchez plays well he is the man. They invested a ton in Ssnchez and they will give him every chance to succeed. Tebow took over in Denver because Orton sucked...the team would have tanked but Tebow got a shot and ran with it....if the same thing happens to the JEts why wouldnt you want a guy you can turn to for the same?
It will be a lot tougher for him to "play well" when he's yanked off the field in the middle of drives - or even worse on the sideline for entire drives.The thing is, just when the team looks like they will commit to giving Sanchez a chance to succeed, they go for the back page story/media circus instead.I'm all for adding playmakers, but how about at WR or RB instead? Right now we're looking at Holmes, Kerely and Schillens at WR. Not good.
Entire drives? Tebow will take over Brad Smith's role which didnt effect Sanchez in the least in his 1st 2 years. I still don't understand how bringing in a better #2 QB doesnt give Sanchez a "chance to succeed" - I agree at needing a WR - I think that will be the 1st rd pick...Floyd?

'Kiddnets said:
Entire drives? Tebow will take over Brad Smith's role which didnt effect Sanchez in the least in his 1st 2 years. I still don't understand how bringing in a better #2 QB doesnt give Sanchez a "chance to succeed" -

I agree at needing a WR - I think that will be the 1st rd pick...Floyd?
Because a QB like Eli Manning was allowed to throw 5 Picks in a game on his way to the Super Bowl.... If a Tim Tebow was on that team and GM had the attitude of "well see"

then IMO, the Giants NEVER Win that Super Bowl and Eli probably never develops as he has.....

Wether it's Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady - your QB has bad game and has bad stretches, especially early on in their career and they need to learn and play through that...

Mark Sanchez is Now in the "MAKE NO MISTAKES OR YOU ARE OUT" mode and that's not fair - especially given what he's been thru, lack of weapons and lack of protection last year.

Fact is Mark is still incredibly inexperienced - THAT is on this Front office for drafting a QB who should not have been in the NFL yet - Who "parcells QB Rules" would never have considered.

But, if you do draft such a inexperienced QB - for heaven's sake give the guy a chance.

This Tebow money and resources and everything the jets have should be focused on getting OL depth and WR help even RB help!!!!!

'Kiddnets said:
'Dr. Octopus said:
I'm ILL.

I'm at a Low as a Jets fan that I can't remember since Pre-Parcells (1997)

And IMO the Saddest part if it all is that I think Rex Ryan is an amazing COACH... Problem is, Right off the bat i never would have drafted Sanchez especially for a "Win Now" North East Football team...

I was ALL-IN for Rex up until now.

But, He has to take a lot of the blame for the off the field decisions - Mostly Sanchez and now Tebow but, overall His Drafts have been complete Train Wrecks.

I at least held out some hope For Sanchez now in year 4 IF - Given Good consistent weapons around him and an opportunity to be the QB... Now he'll just be part of the Gimmick Offense and IMO, won't get to fully develop being pulled off the field and not being able to work thru mistakes like Eli did, without the ####-storm of media and fans crying for the Savior.....

It's a Very Sad Day to be a Jets fan.

I think the next window of opportunity to win it all will now come one day with a new GM, HC and QB....
I'm not sure why you're being so obtuse about this. I don't care about giving up a 4th rounder. I don't care about Drew Stanton. I care that the Jets claimed they were committed to giving Sanchez a fair shot (albeit probably a final shot) and then brought in a guy who every irrational fan and stupid media person will NEVER shut up about once Sanchez does one little thing wrong. I'm all for giving Sanchez competition and motivation, but they brought in a guy who may force his way onto the field (not his fault) for non-football reasons.

The Jets and Tebow can say all they want about how he's not here to take Mark's job and how he'll be happy to help the team in any way he can. Any rational person who has seen what happened in Denver knows that that isn't the case.
It will be a lot tougher for him to "play well" when he's yanked off the field in the middle of drives - or even worse on the sideline for entire drives.The thing is, just when the team looks like they will commit to giving Sanchez a chance to succeed, they go for the back page story/media circus instead.

I'm all for adding playmakers, but how about at WR or RB instead? Right now we're looking at Holmes, Kerely and Schillens at WR. Not good.
Entire drives? Tebow will take over Brad Smith's role which didnt effect Sanchez in the least in his 1st 2 years. I still don't understand how bringing in a better #2 QB doesnt give Sanchez a "chance to succeed" - I agree at needing a WR - I think that will be the 1st rd pick...Floyd?
I grew up watching Joe Willie, so I have all of that perspective here. If you honestly don't see how bringing Tebow in to "take over Brad Smith's role" is light years removed from Brad Smith in that role I don't know what to say. Brad operating as a QB was a change of pace gimmick spawned from the Dolphins success with the Wildcat. Brad was also a backup WR and a returner. Tebow- whom I thoroughly enjoyed watching last year- save for one game... :wall: - comes to the Jets wearing a whole different hat from the one worn by Smith. The Broncos moved him because they knew that having him around would be a distraction- even to the likes of Manning. Why didn't they keep him around to fill that change of pace, wildcat role? Because Tebow brings with him a circus not seen before.

As Reaper put it so well- this is a gimmick move that does nothing to shore up team weaknesses that undermined the team's success last year. Not improving at the RB, OL and WR positions instead also undermines Sanchez ability to be what he was the two season's prior- a more than adequate and growing QB brought here to operate with a run first/play action offense.

Talk about setting us back...

So who else here thinks that after the Jets let him go, Stanton will go on to like 5 Pro Bowls?-QG
You're in the wrong thread.. the Dolphins thread is elsewhere.....Unless of course, Stanton goes to New England and Brady gets knocked out.

'Kiddnets said:
Entire drives? Tebow will take over Brad Smith's role which didnt effect Sanchez in the least in his 1st 2 years. I still don't understand how bringing in a better #2 QB doesnt give Sanchez a "chance to succeed" -

I agree at needing a WR - I think that will be the 1st rd pick...Floyd?
Because a QB like Eli Manning was allowed to throw 5 Picks in a game on his way to the Super Bowl.... If a Tim Tebow was on that team and GM had the attitude of "well see"

then IMO, the Giants NEVER Win that Super Bowl and Eli probably never develops as he has.....

Wether it's Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady - your QB has bad game and has bad stretches, especially early on in their career and they need to learn and play through that...

Mark Sanchez is Now in the "MAKE NO MISTAKES OR YOU ARE OUT" mode and that's not fair - especially given what he's been thru, lack of weapons and lack of protection last year.

Fact is Mark is still incredibly inexperienced - THAT is on this Front office for drafting a QB who should not have been in the NFL yet - Who "parcells QB Rules" would never have considered.

But, if you do draft such a inexperienced QB - for heaven's sake give the guy a chance.

This Tebow money and resources and everything the jets have should be focused on getting OL depth and WR help even RB help!!!!!
:goodposting: :hifive: Besides putting this all so well, you are saving me an awful lot of typing up in here. ;)

Tanny "If there are say 3 3-and-out's and we roll Tim out there and it works well who knows."

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Removing myself from the cheerful antagonist role for a second. How is this going to work in practice?

Sanchez will get entire drives and then Tebow gets a drive? The solution is really just to figure out a separate defense for both in your game-planning. (Also if there are double the plays it puts a greater stress on all of the other players in terms of what they need to learn.)

If they alternate them during the same drive, it'll be that much harder for Sanchez to get a rhythm. Similarly, part of what made Tebow's game work when it did last year was the fact that teams would stack up the box and leave single coverage (that would slacken up a bit out of perhaps boredom given the dearth of throws). If you are sprinkling Tebow in, these lapses by disengaged corners are less likely to occur - there will be no lulling 'em to sleep like when Tebow is the every down guy.

How often will they try and get cute and put BOTH of them out there? You can't have two of them with a headset in the QB so I gather there would be a full-time staffer charged with holding Timmy's 2nd helmet while he uses the other one?

On top of that the scrutiny of every thing they say (or don't say) about each other is gonna just feed the local media beast. Every bit of body language will be scrutinized. It's going to be ridiculous.

-QG

Do you think Denver is interested in Stanton since they are desperate for a backup? Seems like a perfect fit, wonder why Stanton wasn't in the original Tebow trade.

Do you think Denver is interested in Stanton since they are desperate for a backup? Seems like a perfect fit, wonder why Stanton wasn't in the original Tebow trade.
Can you imagine being the QB that was received in a trade for Tebow? Denver ain't a bad place for him but that would be a heck of tag to have on you. Kinda like the guy who got traded for Gretzky. Ya know, expect that Gretzky could play.-QG

Can you imagine being the QB that was received in a trade for Tebow? Denver ain't a bad place for him but that would be a heck of tag to have on you. Kinda like the guy who got traded for Gretzky. Ya know, expect that Gretzky could play.-QG
Ya I guess. For Stanton it wouldn't be good, but I'm more talking would it make sense for Denver and Jets. Say, the Jets trade Stanton and a 7th Rounder to Denver for a 6th rounder (Seems about proper value). Jets get SOMETHING for him which they might not, Denver gets a backup qb they need. Would be the same as Tebow for 4th + Stanton.

Ready for the Tebow press conference everyone? :popcorn:

There definitely is a big publicity stund angle to this from the Jets for sure. To have it on what is typically the biggest news day of the week at the hour when the local tv has their noon local news and an hour before Pope Francesa comes on? Certainly no coincidence.

-QG

Not listening live, but it'll sure be an interesting drive home listening to the radio today...

Jets Draft?

My impression of this draft is that the pass rushers at 16 aren't elite speed freaks enough for what the Jets need. Maybe I'm just afraid of the Gholst?

My Pick is Mark Barron. Jets are still desperate at Safety - Landry is basically a 1 year rental and can't stay on the field.... Feels like this years version of Kris Jenkins. And if he plays lights-out he's gone anyway.

I'd like to see Leonard back and Barron playing at both spots and learning from both players. Even though he may make a better SS, I promise you at this point Barron at FS is better than anything the Jets are about to trot out there.

Jets will need a Saftey again next year regardless.

Barron fills a huge hole and IMO has a pretty high floor.

Talk of Dallas taking him at 15.

AFC East draft needs

New York Jets Excerpt:

Overview: The Jets have some positions solidified that would make other teams envious — they don’t need a cornerback and are pretty deep at defensive line and on the interior O-line. And although there may not be a whole lot of confidence in the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow QB tandem, the team does not need a signalcaller. However, the Jets do have clear needs at multiple positions in a crucial season for Rex Ryan, Mike Tannenbaum and the entire organization after a disappointing finish to the 2011 season. The Jets, like the Bills, have 10 picks, giving them plenty of opportunities to improve the roster. The focus on defense will be on adding playmakers, with an offensive focus at the skill positions.

Need No. 1: Outside linebacker

The Jets have been absent a consistent pass rusher since John Abraham left. Calvin Pace is their top edge rusher on the roster, but he is getting up in years and his production is not what you’d expect out of an aggressive, Ryan-coached defense. Aaron Maybin showed some promise last season getting into the backfield, but he is not an every-down player. Jamaal Westerman was thought to be an option, but he was not tendered and is now a Dolphin. The Jets need a pass-rushing outside linebacker who can get into the backfield and make plays. Alabama’s Courtney Upshaw is certainly a possibility for them at No. 16.

Need No. 2: Safety

Signing LaRon Landry was the first step in addressing what was originally the team’s biggest need. Jim Leonhard has not been re-signed and is coming off a second straight season-ending leg injury. Eric Smith had a host of struggles last season, and with the Jets playing the Patriots’ TE tandem twice a year, it’s important for the team to shore things up in center field. Landry’s health will be a question mark, and the Jets could still use a rangy player who can excel in coverage, which would help put Landry in position to make big plays.

Need No. 3: Running back

With LaDainian Tomlinson’s days as a Jet, and likely as an NFL player, over, the Gang Green could gain from adding another body in the backfield. Shonn Greene is coming off a career year, but he is not one of the league’s elite backs. Joe McKnight has not proven he can be any more than a change-of-pace back, and Bilal Powell, last year’s fourth-rounder, didn’t get an opportunity. Sparano’s offense will have a run-first mentality and can use a speedy back to complement Greene, especially if new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is not sold on McKnight’s skills.

Draft team needs: New York Jets

By Clark Judge | CBSSports.com Senior NFL Columnist

Too bad there's not a trophy for winning the month of March. There's no team that is better at generating offseason interest than the New York Jets.

If it's not coach Rex Ryan guaranteeing something, it's quarterback Mark Sanchez and wide receiver Santonio Holmes trying to patch a rift as wide as the West Side Highway. Or maybe it's repairing a locker room so badly divided that former running back LaDainian Tomlinson called it "as bad as I've ever been around."

Now it's trying to figure out how Sanchez and the newly acquired Tim Tebow fit. Critics complain that adding Tebow creates too much pressure for Sanchez, but Sanchez says he's OK with the move -- and he should be. If Tebow is as inaccurate as his critics claim, there's no threat.

Simple as that.

But people tell me to wait until he throws an interception or loses a game, and those "J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!" chants turn to "T-I-M, Tim! Tim! Tim!" Well, I'm sorry, but that's the nature of pro sports. If Sanchez can't stand the heat, he should get out of Hell's Kitchen.

All I know is that there's enough material here to keep the New York dailies occupied, which is all part of the plan. The Jets acquire Tebow, owner Woody Johnson won't rule out a return to HBO's Hard Knocks and headline writers keep busy.

Ryan said he's convinced this team will bounce back, win a lot of games and return to the playoffs. But he's saying nothing more, and that's a start.

QB: Though Sanchez threw a career-high 26 touchdown passes, he didn't take the leap forward that coaches hoped -- and, for the first time in his pro career, he didn't make the playoffs either. Hey, it happens. But he didn't make plays that were there, didn't win games he could have and, in the end, was in the middle of a controversy that featured both him and a disgruntled Santonio Holmes. The Jets reaffirmed their commitment to Sanchez by extending his contract by three years ... but then they went out and acquired Tebow. Rex Ryan insists the position belongs to Sanchez, but let's revisit this at midseason. For now, Sanchez runs the first team, and Tebow runs the Wildcat and/or gadget offenses that new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano installs. Ryan says he expects Tebow could play as many as 20 snaps a game, which means Sanchez could lose as many as 20. People tell me that somehow will put pressure on Sanchez, but I'm not buying it. I say the pressure's on Ryan and his offensive staff to balance the position and keep the locker room unified.

RB: The Jets want to return to the good ol' days of "Ground and Pound," when they buried opponents with one of the league's top rushing attacks and play-action passing. Only one problem: They don't have the personnel to do it. Shonn Greene was supposed to be the answer, but he hasn't done much of anything since the Jets let Thomas Jones walk. Over the past two seasons Greene produced 1,820 yards rushing and scored eight times, not what the Jets had in mind when they made him their starter. Backup Joe McKnight has shown flashes, but nothing more. The Jets ranked 22nd in rushing last season, and if you don't find the people here to push that figure up, maybe it's because one of the key figures isn't a running back; it's quarterback Tim Tebow, who was part of the league's top-rated running offense, running for 660 yards, averaging 5.4 per carry and scoring six rushing touchdowns. The Jets need a bona fide back to hammer opponents between the tackles, and so far that guy isn't here.

WR: Now that Holmes is back, the question is: Can he get along with his quarterback? He couldn't last year when that quarterback was Sanchez, but both he and Sanchez insist they're good now and should be OK for the season. We'll see. The Jets dropped off here last season, with Plaxico Burress giving them little and Derrick Mason giving them nothing. Mason was traded away, and Burress wasn't re-signed. So there are openings for qualified candidates, and if you're going to make a commitment to Sanchez you better give him targets to work with. So far, we're looking at Holmes, Chaz Schilens, Jeremy Kerley and Patrick Turner, and let's just say they won't get confused with "The A-Team." Holmes is by far the most talented, and by far the most high-maintenance. There was nobody in here who had a catch longer than 38 yards, and that tells you something about them and the Jets' passing attack.

TE: Dustin Keller is listed as a tight end, but he's really not. Of course, neither are a lot of guys playing the position in the NFL. Keller plays more like a wide receiver, with good hands and marginal blocking skills, and he was by far Sanchez's most reliable set of hands last year. In fact, his 41-yard catch was the longest downfield completion of the season (LaDainian Tomlinson's 74-yard catch and run was vis a screen pass), tying him with backup Matthew Mulligan. Of course, Mulligan's pass was thrown by wide receiver Jeremy Kerley, but who's counting? Coaches seem to believe in Jeff Cumberland, whose season was shortened after only three starts last year and who looks to play more of a prominent role in 2012.

OL: There's a lot to like here, starting with center Nick Mangold, named to his fourth straight Pro Bowl. Mangold is one of the top offensive linemen in the game, and while he slumped in midseason last year he recovered down the stretch. Not so lucky was left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who made the Pro Bowl despite a disappointing season. He needs to pick up his game if the Jets are to make an impact. Guards Brandon Moore and Matt Slauson are solid, particularly the underrated Moore, but right tackle Wayne Hunter struggled against elite pass rushers -- sometimes looking more like a turnstile than a speed bump. He must improve or be replaced. One problem: The first guy off the bench is Vladimir Ducasse, and he showed no signs of progress in his second season.

DL: The re-signing of nose tackle Sione Pouha was huge, with Pouha one of the principal reasons opponents preferred to run wide instead of up the gut against New York. The Jets needed Pouha almost as much for his locker-room presence as for his play on the field, where he was a dominant run stuffer. Besides, backup Kenrick Ellis hasn't shown that he's ready to assume more than a part-time role. Defensive end Mike DeVito was one of the league's most underappreciated players, another defender who was tough vs. the run. Backup Marcus Dixon played well when DeVito was sidelined, while rookie defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson made big strides and looks like a keeper.

LB: David Harris isn't just the best linebacker here; he's one of the best linebackers anywhere, and, for the life of me, I'm not sure why he isn't recognized more for his accomplishments. He was among the team leaders in almost every defensive category, with five sacks and four interceptions, yet somehow wasn't chosen for the Pro Bowl. Huh? "He's made more plays than anybody in this league," Ryan said. Not really, but he's close. The guy is a complete, every-down player who, along with Darrelle Revis, is the heart and soul of this defense. Unfortunately, that's not true of Bart Scott, who seemed to slip and was spotted by Josh Mauga in passing situations late in the season. Having a healthy Bryan Thomas back should make a difference in a perimeter run defense that suffered without him -- provided, of course, that Thomas is recovered from an Achilles tendon injury. Former Buffalo first-round draft pick Aaron Maybin was a find, winding up as the team leader in sacks with six. That's the good news. The bad: He didn't have one sack in his last four games. Calvin Pace was little more than adequate, with 4.5 sacks, and will share the right outside linebacker spot with Maybin.

DB: Revis is the best cornerback in the game, and while he had moments where he struggled -- particularly vs. Buffalo's Stevie Johnson -- there was no one better. Antonio Cromartie has the talent to be one of the best but is way too inconsistent, although he picked up his play down the stretch. Bottom line: Cornerbacks aren't the concern here, especially with the improved Kyle Wilson as a nickel back. But safety is, with veteran and team leader Jim Leonhard bowing out for the second straight season with a major knee injury. Leonhard has vowed to return, but the Jets moved on with the signing of free-agent LaRon Landry, a big hitter who missed 17 games the past two seasons because of an Achilles injury and bone spurs. He signed a one-year deal because, he said, he wants to prove that he belongs. Then, he promised, he will be "unstoppable." Stay tuned. It's unclear what Landry's arrival means for Leonhard, whom the Jets haven't ruled out re-signing, but it will have him teamed with Eric Smith -- and the jury's out there. Smith can struggle in coverage and seems limited.

Report: Jets sign rugby player Hayden Smith; coach sees him as TE

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Blogger

If the Jets can trade for Tim Tebow -- who many would argue is not a legit NFL quarterback -- why can't they go out and get a guy who's not actually a football player at all. Why not a rugby player from Australia?

And that's exactly what the Jets have done reportedly, signing a 26-year named Hayden Smith. That's the word from Smith's personal coach, former University of Minnesota coach Tim Brewster, who is touting the 6-foot-6, 265-pounder as a tight end.

“A lot of coaches shy away from guys who haven't played the game, because it is an exhausting process,” Brewster told the Daily Telegraph of Australia (via the NY Post). “To me, that's the exciting part. Taking a piece of clay like that. And I am going to tell you Hayden Smith is one beautiful piece of clay. Just mold him into what you want him to be.”

Smith hasn't played much football, though he was a Division II college basketball player at Metropolitan State in Denver.

He played rugby for the U.S. national team before playing pro ball rugby in England. But, um, he doesn't have much, if any experience, in his new job, right?

Doesn't necessarily matter to Brewster, who called Smith “football smart.”

Personally, I'm totally disgusted. I never was a believer in Sanchez, although at times I thought I might have been wrong about him. I don't see him ever being a solid NFL QB, and now Tebow. For me, this is the last nail in the coffin of the current regime, but the problem is that it will take several years for this franchise to recover. It will take another two years before the Ryan - Tannenbaum group gets fired. Then, another rebuild.

The underlying problem is the owner. First Favre. Then trading up for Sanchez. Now Tebow, all to sell tickets to pay for a stadium with laughably priced seat licenses and prices, a lame approach to "winning now".

I wonder what Tebow thinks of Ryan's porn videos? Ryan hasd gone from brash and entertaining to an embarrassment and a joke.

Manning knew enough to stay FAR away from this organization. Ground and pound my butt, not with this over rated offensive line. Oh yeah, you need a good RB to ground and pound too. Headcases like Holmes, Cromartie and Burress are welcomed, leaders like T Jones, Ellis and Cotchery get jettisoned.

ONE year the Jets drafted for the O line... and it worked, but they have failed to replace the aging O lineman since. They still can't find a disrupter, a pass rusher.

I expect this team to continue to be a circus, run by bufoons for several years to come. The Jets are a laughing stock IMO. It just bites to be a life long Jets fan. Ryan didn't even KNOW he lost the locker room! Are you kidding me? When D Mason tried to tell him, Mason was sent packing too. Pitiful.

Users who are viewing this thread