What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftstreet.com (daily fantasy sports): Anyone try it? (1 Viewer)

bigtyme

Footballguy
Has anyone tried out draftstreet.com (http://www.draftstreet.com/register.aspx?r=441559b)? I searched the forums but didn’t see anything in prior posts in the FFA about it. I’ve been playing around with it for a couple of weeks and have really enjoyed it. I’d like to say I’ve won more money than I have, but I have fun doing it anyway. Right now MLB and PGA are the only active sports but NFL was just posted and they also do NBA, NHL, and NCAA football. It’s a daily (or weekly) fantasy sports site, as opposed to an entire fantasy season. Essentially you pick a team for just one day based on a salary cap (or you can do snake drafts), accumulate points for that day or week and then get paid out depending on how much the buy-in was and how many people are in the league. Buy-in amounts range from $2, $5, $11, all the way up to $215. You can do head to head leagues versus one other person or leagues of 3, 6, 10, 20 or hundreds of people for bigger payouts. It’s cool to pick the players, watch the games/scores, and then get paid out (hopefully) in one night. Apparently it’s legal and legitimate as the courts ruled fantasy sports as “games of skill” as opposed to gambling (although not completely buying into this I quickly and easily withdrew my money via paypal without a problem although you can request a check).

I’m excited for the NFL season to begin but in the meantime I’ve been enjoying the daily MLB leagues. I mainly play salary cap leagues with a predetermined $100,000 cap. Each player has a designated amount depending on that day’s matchups (for example Justin Verlander may be $19,000 while a guy like Austin Jackson may only be $4500…yes I’m a Tigers fan!). You get scored for everything (singles, doubles, strikeouts, walks, etc) and it seems like pitchers accumulate a lot more points than hitters, but they are more expensive.

For those that have played the MLB leagues what strategies have worked for you? I’m hesitant to pick expensive pitchers as a lot of times they don’t provide the return of stud hitters (Granderson, Pujols, Votto, etc) who can go 2 for 4 with a HR. It seems like a no brainer to punt RP as well as you don’t know who will be in line for a save.

Apparently the NFL leagues will run in a similar fashion by starting multiple QB’s, RB’s, WR’s, TE, flex, kicker, and defense based on a salary cap or snake drafts…so that should be exciting.

Anyone played around with this and have any thoughts?

If you do happen to sign up and try it out I’ll throw out a shameless plug to use my referral code: 441559b

Apparently the NFL leagues will run in a similar fashion by starting multiple QB’s, RB’s, WR’s, TE, flex, kicker, and defense based on a salary cap or snake drafts…so that should be exciting.
How do you figure? Isn't this how most FF NFL leagues are run?

How do you figure? Isn't this how most FF NFL leagues are run?
I was referring to the weekly payout structure and the more unique roster style. I just signed up for a league and it's 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), and 1 D/ST. Scoring appears to be .5 PPR...everything else standard. The week by week payout seems cool.

daily sports leagues are a dime a dozen nowadays.
Oops...I must be late to the party. After seeing that I googled "daily fantasy sports leagues" and saw fantasysportslive, 365 fantasy sports, and fantasyfactor.Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with these different sites? I'll have to check them out after work to see how similar/different they are from draftstreet. Thanks for the heads up.

Oops...I must be late to the party. After seeing that I googled "daily fantasy sports leagues" and saw fantasysportslive, 365 fantasy sports, and fantasyfactor.Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with these different sites? I'll have to check them out after work to see how similar/different they are from draftstreet. Thanks for the heads up.
I'd find the one that keeps the least amount of money. I looked into these last year and all of them took a huge cut out of each matchup, makes it really difficult to win when the house is pulling 20% of the money out of each matchup.

I'd find the one that keeps the least amount of money. I looked into these last year and all of them took a huge cut out of each matchup, makes it really difficult to win when the house is pulling 20% of the money out of each matchup.
Yeah it looks like draftstreet has a 10% rake, but it may decrease the higher the bets. I'll have to look into it further along with the other sites.

Bump for the evening crowd...

After looking into these daily fantasy leagues there are even more than my original google search found. Rotogrinders.com does a good job of reviewing the various sites for those interested.

After doing well last night ($300+ in winnings) I'm doing pretty poorly tonight. Still has me hooked though!

The snake drafts are way better than the salary cap leagues. Does anyone know any other sites that have real drafts? It looks like drafterparty.com has all snake drafts. Has anyone played there?

The snake drafts are way better than the salary cap leagues. Does anyone know any other sites that have real drafts? It looks like drafterparty.com has all snake drafts. Has anyone played there?
I do like the snake drafts. Draftstreet Link does snake drafts. Daily Joust has "solo" games where you pick players using a cap system I believe but don't compete against someone specific. You just have to achieve a certain score to win cash.

Fro anyone interested, draftstreet does have baseball freerolls on Fridays as do some of the other site like draftkings.com and draftday.com. There is also a big game tonight on draftkings.com that should have a big overlay.

I have really enjoyed daily fantasy and tried getting a discussion going in the baseball forum but there was not too much interest. Maybe there will be more here.

Users who are viewing this thread