What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (2 Viewers)

I liked Mike reading Handyman Magazine in his booth.  If he wasn't the best fixer this side of Winston Wolfe he might have a nice trade as a handyman, fixing doors and whatnot.

Mike's shot last episode was really quite impressive.  It had to be two hundred and fifty yards, with a 50 foot drop in elevation and there was a howling wind where he was, if not on the shoes which were surprisingly stationary given the wind.

I don't think Kim wears panties.

Did anyone notice the fly in Los Pollos Hermanos when Gus came back to address the employees?  I'm pretty sure that was planted there in post. 

So Mike gives Jimmy the photos of the damages to Chucks place. Jimmy had Mike swipe a note from Chucks address book ... were we supposed to know what that was?

Jimmys forced apology was quite backhanded ... yet I don't know if Chuck got it  "you just don't do that to your brother".

Kim finds out there is another tape ... and that's a good thing for them? Jimmy and Kim have something planned. Any theories?

.... and "a bullet to the head is too humane." Can't wait to see what is in store for Hector. Police are obviously on to him now. Would be smart for Gus to distance himself from Hector somehow.

So Mike gives Jimmy the photos of the damages to Chucks place. Jimmy had Mike swipe a note from Chucks address book ... were we supposed to know what that was?

Jimmys forced apology was quite backhanded ... yet I don't know if Chuck got it  "you just don't do that to your brother".

Kim finds out there is another tape ... and that's a good thing for them? Jimmy and Kim have something planned. Any theories?

.... and "a bullet to the head is too humane." Can't wait to see what is in store for Hector. Police are obviously on to him now. Would be smart for Gus to distance himself from Hector somehow.
Tune in next week at the same bat time on the same bat station

I feel like this episode is where the show officially shifted the series from being Saul's origin story to being a full-on Breaking Bad prequel. 
And I don't think there's anything set-in-stone that it HAS to remain a "prequel". I think it could work well in the same timeline as Breaking Bad - from Saul's point of view.

And I don't think there's anything set-in-stone that it HAS to remain a "prequel". I think it could work well in the same timeline as Breaking Bad - from Saul's point of view.
Yeah, I agree with that but think I'd rather see it exist in its own time and place.  While I like the cartel and everything on that side, I hope the show continues to keep Jimmy/Kim at the forefront.  I've become invested in their stories and would rather see them come to a conclusion than more cartel stuff that I had inferred already during BB.

Great show - only show aside from GOT I actually appointment watch. 

--

I am curious for those that have rewatched BB recently. When you see Odenkirk on screen to you see him as Jimmy or Saul?  When BCS started, he was Saul for me well into season 1, but I instinctively think Jimmy when I see him now.  

Starting to press on the gas after coasting a little bit last week.  Man this show is really good and picking up some serious speed.

We don't know for sure how Hector ends up in a wheelchair, it's only hinted that it might have been a stroke in BB.  Wouldn't be a stretch to think Gus and Mike might have had something to do with it.
I read it more like what finally happens to him.  The only thing that really matters is how great the show is and what a good job they do of creating drama even for characters where we know their ultimate outcome.  Fantastic episode.

:shrug:

Kim and Jimmy have something planned.  Probably around some technically about damaged vs destroyed.  They laid it on fairly think that they took the bait of it being destroyed and the fact that he made restitution.

Not sure if that would really work. They can drag these stories out as long as they want (and I hope they do - this show is great), but I get the feeling it'll end with something like Saul hanging up the phone after some big ordeal, and saying "glad that's over with - things couldn't get much worse" just as Walt and Jesse are about to hire him the first time.

Great show last night.  I was really curious how Gus was going to spin who those guys were to his employees.   He is such a good actor.  

Curious what Jimmy and Kim are up to as I am looking forward to Chuck's meltdown in the courtroom next week.  

I forget a lot of these things.  Thanks Sepinwall  :wub:

* Ximenez, the ice cream driver Hector introduces to Don Eladio, will later be executed for failing to stop Mike from robbing a shipment late in season two.

I also felt like they were hitting damaged/destroyed hard, but, whatever the Bingo is, it probably also incorporates the photos Mike took, and, whatever he took out of the address book. Some complicated plan Jimmy has in motion.
I'm sure that's right. Some master plan they have that Chuck insisting they change the wording in that document, including an exact dollar amount for the tape, actually helps. Plus the pictures and the address book paper. Can't figure out what those would be for, pics maybe just showing what a weirdo Chuck is. Can't wait to find out. Great show

wikkidpissah said:
Mike switched out the tape for one of Kim squat cobblering, which will get played in open court and make Chuck stroke out.
I thought of this too (well not exactly the cobblering), but would be disappointed if that's the case.   Super low probability the tape isn't played in chambers before any judge decides whether to allow it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread