What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Billy Bats said:
Stargate. (being high as a kite may have had something to do with it, not sure)
Never watched the show, but enjoy this one and maybe Id call it a guilty pleasure. Spader and Snake have some good schtick.

FreeBaGeL said:
KarmaPolice said:
stupid, soulless movies that have talented people involved or movies that really trash a good franchise are what anger me and I end up thinking are terrible- #### like cowboys vs aliens or the last die hard movies come to mind.
The thing is, those movies are still entertaining for the most part. It can't be the worst movie ever if it's not in the list of movies that make you want to shoot yourself in the face to get out of watching the rest like say, Tree of Life did.

I hate when movies get a pass because they're trying something different. You see this at Sundance. Every movie that's different or out there gets praised as amazing by a bunch of movie hipsters that somehow think different = good. Something different and unique can still be boring and terrible. You don't get points for doing something crappy just because no one else did something crappy in the same way.
There was not one entertaining moment in Cowboys vs. Aliens. Sucked from start to finish.

Blatant Hollywood money grab.

Wild Wild West.....Will Smith and Kevin Kline....utter garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
When a Man Loves a Woman. What a horrible movie - no redeeming qualities at all. I could watch holocaust flicks and feel better about humanity than I did after watching that piece of ####. I do feel a measure of revenge as Meg Ryan's career cratered after it... she should have stuck to stupid rom-coms with Tom Hanks.

NetnautX said:
Billy Bats said:
Bridesmaids. (after hearing how funny it was, well I found it terribly unfunny)

Watchmen (probably because it wasn't anything close to what I expected)
What? Bridesmaids was hilarious.
:shrug: Maybe I wasn't having a good day, but I didn't even smile half way through and shut it off. Was mad I spent a $1 at redbox for it.

NetnautX said:
Billy Bats said:
Bridesmaids. (after hearing how funny it was, well I found it terribly unfunny)

Watchmen (probably because it wasn't anything close to what I expected)
What? Bridesmaids was hilarious.
:shrug: Maybe I wasn't having a good day, but I didn't even smile half way through and shut it off. Was mad I spent a $1 at redbox for it.
Yea for being touted as a female hangover, it sure sucked hard. Was also about 50 mins too long.

Some quality fishing going on in here.

How can people tell how bad a movie is by walking out of it before it finishes?

I'll try and suffer to the end of every movie I've paid for and if for some reason I don't make it to the end, it's usually because I'm bored.

Boring doesn't make it "the worst movie ever seen"

Eyes Wide Shut is a classic. I was indifferent the first time watching it but on 2nd and 3rd viewing I really began to appreciate it. Kubrick is an effin genius. I'd definitely advise watching it again.

It does if you don't laugh, are bored, and basically pissed about being there after 45 minutes.

Solaris and What About bob fit the ticket for me.

Ministry of Pain said:
KarmaPolice said:
FreeBaGeL said:
KarmaPolice said:
stupid, soulless movies that have talented people involved or movies that really trash a good franchise are what anger me and I end up thinking are terrible- #### like cowboys vs aliens or the last die hard movies come to mind.
The thing is, those movies are still entertaining for the most part. It can't be the worst movie ever if it's not in the list of movies that make you want to shoot yourself in the face to get out of watching the rest like say, Tree of Life did.

I hate when movies get a pass because they're trying something different. You see this at Sundance. Every movie that's different or out there gets praised as amazing by a bunch of movie hipsters that somehow think different = good. Something different and unique can still be boring and terrible. You don't get points for doing something crappy just because no one else did something crappy in the same way.
like I said, we are looking for different things. I could barely make it through the new die hard or cowboys vs aliens, and hated them. wasnt entertained at all.

no different doesn't equal good, but a lot of the movies people are listing b/c they were bored still have good performances, interesting camera movement, good direction, etc.. if that blows your hair back. I find more entertainment in that than cgi robots and explosions.
Same here, maybe we aren't so different on movies. As I am getting older I find I like less and less of the mainstream box office hits.

In 2013 the top 10 box office movies were

1. Hunger Games...no interest

2. IM3...was OK

3. Frozen...saw it on a torrent at neighbors, meh.

4. Despicable Me 2...OK

5. Man of Steel...not so much

6. Gravity...visually was fun to watch

7. Monsters Univ...OK

8. The Hobbit...I refuse to watch them until they are all released and I have time to kill on a long weekend. But I loved the 1st 3, especially TT.

9. Fast and Furious 6...you seen 1 you seen them all

10. Oz Great and Powerful...disappointed.

I wouldn't say any of those are even close to making my list of best films last year.

Her and Dallas Buyers Club were the 2 best films I saw, one of them managed to crack the top 100 barely at 99 for box office respites so it is apparent that many movies I like are not gonna be overly popular with most folks. And a lot of the other movies I like fall into documentary types which I have become a huge fan of over the last 5-6 year as they keep getting better. I would say this is a terrific era for documentaries.

I also liked a movie no one saw called Trance($2.5M) box office return, directed by Danny Boyle, good flick. Side Effects was fun to watch, I'm not above wanting to be entertained and not simply just watching art on film.
Yeah, that list is pretty predictable. Agree that none would make my top of the year, one I thought was terrible (Oz), and one you probably couldn't pay me to watch (Hobbit).

Dallas was one of the better movies of the year, and really want to see Her. I also love the docs - hardly ever a bad one to watch. My old ### has grown so anti-CGI that I really can't enjoy much of the typical blockbuster/summer fare. Gravitate towards the smaller, offbeat ones. Side Effects made my top 10 list, as did a couple others nobody seemed to watch in Disconnect and The East. Trance didn't do it for me, but I don't think I have liked many of Boyle's movies, so that is not a surprise.

Kenny Powers said:
Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut. Just so very strange.
I don't remember it being that bad, definitely not one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Kubrick is a weird dude.
Strange, yes. Bad, I didnt think so. Its Kubrick. I actually want to watch this again since its probably been nearly a decade since Ive seen it and see what I think.
Impossible for Kubrick to do bad.

nysfl2 said:
I can only assume that none of you got dragged to watch The Bridges of Madison County by your SO.

Clint Eastwood as a romantic lead. 10 minutes in, I was just praying for him to take out a gun and shoot her. Or me. Anything to make it stop.

Matrix sequels, especially 3, also a good choice.
Ahh you know I tried to purge the 3rd Matrix, this needs more of my consideration.

Side Effects made my top 10 list, as did a couple others nobody seemed to watch in Disconnect and The East. Trance didn't do it for me, but I don't think I have liked many of Boyle's movies, so that is not a surprise.
Thanks, found them both in Redbox. Reserved and waiting for me in the morning.

Kenny Powers said:
drummer said:
Legends Of The Fall
Been years since Ive seen this, but I dont recall anything bad about it. A little drawn out IIRC, but a solid flick.
The ending with the still of Tristan vs. the Bear: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Across The Tracks is a better Brad Pitt movie, and he wasn't top billed.

Mulholland Drive
How many times did you see it? If one time, then see it again.When I watched it the first time, my reaction was something like, "WTF did I just watch?" I gave it a second chance and it is now one of my favorite films.

Godzilla

Terrible script.

Awful casting.

Bad acting. (Sorry Ferris!)

Dreadful creature design.

With over a year of buildup and anticipation... truly a massive letdown.

(Please get it right this year.)

I think the thread is on a tangent now. People are naming movies they don't like that are liked by the majority. This thread should be reserved for steaming piles of all kinds. Bonfire of the Vanities style bombs.

Need a new thread of unpopular movie opinions.

I think the thread is on a tangent now. People are naming movies they don't like that are liked by the majority. This thread should be reserved for steaming piles of all kinds. Bonfire of the Vanities style bombs.
Exactly. Like donnie darko and v for vendetta.

It was some Hercules film from the 1980s. It was so bad I don't remember the name. Don't remember a single (no name) actor.

The only thing I remember was that when a volcano exploded near the end, they used the National Geographic footage of some volcano erupting in Hawaii. My father spotted it right away and laughed his @$$ off. I was skeptical. Then a couple years later I happened to see the National Geographic documentary with the original footage. Yep. That was the footage.

That, friends, is the definition of a bad movie.

Tree of Life is an odd one.

I saw it in the theaters and afterward remember arguing vehemently with a friend about it. He loved it. But he's also a guy who loves odd avant garde attempts in writing and art, even if they miss the mark. And to me, this is the 20-30 minute opening section of Tree of Life: an attempt to do something that, in concept, is a nifty idea....that simply didn't translate onto the screen. It wanted to situate the Brad Pitt family drama within the macro context of the universe and time. Hence all the space shots, dinosaurs, etc. The idea is great. To show how something can be so full of meaning (the family drama) and yet utterly meaningless in the larger context of things. Only the film put you to sleep. It was boring. Beyond boring. It just kept trudging on and on and on. I nearly walked out of the theater.

Then the Brad Pitt family section starts, and I was astounded. It was fantastic. Incredibly well written, incredibly shot, incredibly acted. Tree of Life is like two different movies made by two different directors, one a crappy art school shmuck who does nothing but SUCK, and the other a crafty, pitch-perfect indie film director who makes masterpieces.

I can't dislike it. I'd even watch it again if it comes out on netflix. But I get why many hurl their hate at it.

It sorta reminds me of Franzen's The Corrections. People loved it. It won the national book award. Parts of it are indeed incredible writing. But other parts, specifically the Denise section, as just god awful. Such a bipolar work. Just like Tree of Life.

I'll try to get through the rest of the thread besides this page, but...

I take it nobody else saw Dungeons and Dragons (the movie)?

I took my gf to see it because it was the only thing playing just as we finished dinner one date. It was so bad, I had to marry her to make up for it.

eta: and there are a lot of quality movies being mentioned just on this page. IMHO there's a difference between "worst" and movie I didn't like because it did things I didn't get or agree with but it still tried. The worst movies just don't bother trying, from the writing on down. The latter movies at least try- and maybe just don't connect with specific viewers. Putting directors like Malick or Kubrick on any worst list is insane.

I took my gf to see it because it was the only thing playing just as we finished dinner one date. It was so bad, I had to marry her to make up for it.
Oh, Jesus, I forgot about that movie. That was horrible.

Leonard Part 6 is easily the worst movie I've ever seen. I don't understand how money gets allocated to a film that moronic.
That's the thing that gets me... money- significant money- gets thrown at this drek. Yeah, it employs a bunch of people... but I'm always left thinking about where else that money could've been used. Math lessons for MOP, that kind of thing.

Leonard Part 6 is easily the worst movie I've ever seen. I don't understand how money gets allocated to a film that moronic.
Best review of it I saw mentioned that you could string together any 3-4 episodes of The Cosby Show and end up with a far superior movie than that mess.

eta: and there are a lot of quality movies being mentioned just on this page. IMHO there's a difference between "worst" and movie I didn't like because it did things I didn't get or agree with but it still tried. The worst movies just don't bother trying, from the writing on down. The latter movies at least try- and maybe just don't connect with specific viewers. Putting directors like Malick or Kubrick on any worst list is insane.
:goodposting:

For example I completely get the fact that Tree of Life didn't resonate with everyone but I think a lot of that is on the viewer for not understanding what Terrance Malick brings to the table before going to see the film.

I am not sure I liked the whole thing but 1) I loved the visuals of the creation of the universe scenes, I mean I didn't even need context to enjoy those visuals & 2) I really appreciate how he expertly crafts the storytelling perspective of an individuals memories, in this case Sean Penn.

The family aspects of Tree of Life were never intended to be linear storytelling, they were entirely the perspective of Sean Penn as an adult remembering his childhood. Malick did something similar with The New World and parts of Thin Red Line, it's his shtick.

Try to remember your own childhood as a linear story and then to at least give ToL another thought with that mindset. I am not saying it would make ToL a great movie in your eyes but it will certainly make it more accessible.

The ending was, IMO, a little weird and didn't contribute much (it even took away from it on many levels IMO) but overall it was an interesting story, certainly nothing on par with Leonard Part 6 and similar garbage that we are talking about in here.

Oh, Jesus, I forgot about that movie. That was horrible.
:goodposting: How in the world did the studio rope Jeremy Irons into that ####fest?

They must have compromising pictures of him a monkey, a midget and a dead French hooker.

Users who are viewing this thread