What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (10 Viewers)

So in our first season of this thread, our boy brows 2 touchdowns in the fourth quarter of the pro bowl.

If this thread were mortal combat we'd be getting the FINISH HIM signal for lod and Cstu right now.

We're flexing over the Pro Bowl now?
:lmao: Yeah, that was one of the dumbest posts in the history of dumb post. I could pull someone's grandpa out of a retirement village, plop her down in a wheel chair, hand her a football and she could throw a TD pass in the Joke Bowl.

I thought his 1st TD pass was in the 3rd quarter?

If my qb ever tweeted a Google search to his experienced gf I think I'd quit watching football forever. The rest of America (I've taken a poll) is laughing at the doo####ude. That's Russell Wilson's bird amirite?

So in our first season of this thread, our boy brows 2 touchdowns in the fourth quarter of the pro bowl.

If this thread were mortal combat we'd be getting the FINISH HIM signal for lod and Cstu right now.
Now imagine if this had been an actual game.

The pass to Delanie Wlaker was nice. He dropped it in right over the LB & hit him in stride.

The 7yd pass to Deandre Hopkins was a bullet.

We're flexing over the Pro Bowl now?
:lmao: Yeah, that was one of the dumbest posts in the history of dumb post. I could pull someone's grandpa out of a retirement village, plop her down in a wheel chair, hand her a football and she could throw a TD pass in the Joke Bowl.
I think we need to qualify this.

Was the list of dumbest posts in history that you are speaking of include your posts, or do you have a list of your own since it wouldn't be fair to have yours compared to amateurs.

Why was he in the pro bowl?
Because he had a really good season?

How many QB's had to turn down playing before they got to Jameis?
I have no clue.
But he wasn't really good. I won't argue that it was pretty good...for a rookie. But that's it. He wasn't a top 10 QB by any metric and the pro bowl is supposed to have the 6 best...or so I thought. He was the 4th best QB in his division.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no clue.
But he wasn't really good. I won't argue that it was pretty good...for a rookie. But that's it. He wasn't a top 10 QB by any metric and the pro bowl is supposed to have the 6 best...or so I thought. He was the 4th best QB in his division.
Nah he was really good.

Top-6, of course not, but he wasn't picked in the top-6. I'm not sure why you think that is still a thing at this point. It's not the 1988 pro bowl.

I have no clue.
I'm not looking to pick a fight, just curious.

Which QBs were top 10 in the league their rookie year through the history of the NFL? I'm asking because you used this as a measuring stick and I have no idea what the answer is.

Passing yards - 11th

YPA - 12th

TD Passes - 16th

INTS - 5th most

Rating - 28th

Completion percentage - 32nd

Again, why was he in the pro bowl?

Passing yards - 11th

YPA - 12th

TD Passes - 16th

INTS - 5th most

Rating - 28th

Subtract:

Newton (Super Bowl)

Rodgers (injury)

Palmer (injury)

Roethlisberger (injury)

Brady (injury)

So that's most of the good QBs in the league. The roster also included Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Eli Manning, and Tyrod Taylor.

They should have included Drew Brees, but he'd probably have begged off anyway. Cousins and Bortles may have deserved it over Winston, and also over some of those other guys. Other than that the QBs were all pretty bad. Stafford?

Passing yards - 11th

YPA - 12th

TD Passes - 16th

INTS - 5th most

Rating - 28th

Subtract:

Newton (Super Bowl)

Rodgers (injury)

Palmer (injury)

Roethlisberger (injury)

Brady (injury)

So that's most of the good QBs in the league. The roster also included Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Eli Manning, and Tyrod Taylor.

They should have included Drew Brees, but he'd probably have begged off anyway. Cousins and Bortles may have deserved it over Winston, and also over some of those other guys. Other than that the QBs were all pretty bad. Stafford?
You just named 4 QB's that were more deserving than Winston. That's all I'm saying.

ETA: Also, how the #### did Bridgewater make the pro bowl as well? That's even more baffling than Winston.

Last edited by a moderator:
old teddy bridewater made it because he is on the vikqueens and the nfl tries to give a little something to minny to make them feel good it is like when you have two kids and one is really good at something and the other one stinks at it you give the bad one maybe an extra cookie or soemthing well there you have it minny got a cookie taket hat to the bank brohans

You know, as much as I'd like to enjoin, I just can't get spun up about who was or was not selected to the Pro Bowl as an alternative and what meaning that has on a player's value.

I would however sure like to see Hang 10 answer my question about which rookie QBs were top 10 at the position in the league that year.

Named rookie of the year by the fans:

"It feels great to receive this honor from the fans," said Winston. "My goal coming into my rookie season was to come in and do whatever it took to help us win games and compete. As great as this individual accomplishment is, it is really a reflection of how well our entire offense did this season. The fans are what make our sport so great and getting this kind of recognition based on their votes is very special to me."

Behind Winston, the Buccaneers finished with the No. 5 offense in the NFL, the team's highest-ever finish. Last season, the team was ranked No. 30.

Somebody on Twitter said the 48th best rookie RB season ever beat the 3rd best rookie QB season ever. Neat.

I don't particularly think Gurley only had the 48th-best season but whatever. Point still stands.

So he won the PFF ROY determined by the stat crunchers. He won the Pepsi ROY voted on by the fans. Yet, the "official" NFL ROY goes to Todd Gurley...
I think the NFL gave Gurley ROY to help hype up the Rams move back to LA. They need something to sell tickets to the LA fans.
LOL so the NFL just moved a franchise to a market where they think they'll struggle to sell tickets, and need gimmicks like a ROY to generate hype?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that wasn't a factor here.

Users who are viewing this thread