What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon facing 1 year suspension? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to come as a huge shock.

Gordon had drug-testing problems in college as well. He was dismissed from the Baylor Bears after being suspended twice for marijuana use. He transferred to Utah but didn't play there after failing another drug test.
:unsure: Or maybe not.

So draft Lee in a few hours?

Sucks if true, but not surprising in the least. Y'all pulled off a great trade down yesterday so lots of bullets left to use to overcome such a setback.

He has the right to appeal apparently.

It'll happen.

Weed can be beaten easily tho, no? Say you were at a crowded concert the night before and everyone around you smoking?

Im being serious too.

Don't own Gordon anywhere and don't have anything to lose from this news, but...

It is pretty dumb that the league tests for weed. It's not performance-enhancing. It's not a "hard" drug. Who cares if these guys have a few tokes?

Don't own Gordon anywhere and don't have anything to lose from this news, but...

It is pretty dumb that the league tests for weed. It's not performance-enhancing. It's not a "hard" drug. Who cares if these guys have a few tokes?
you can knock the ####### #### out of your girlfriend's face

murder someone

but cant smoke a joint.

Great stuff, NFL

It's pretty dumb that anyone cares whether or not anyone else smokes weed--the NFL, other employers, and the government included.

Could be because it's illegal in 48 states.

Rosenhaus denying it, FWIW>....

and you know the Browns would have known this yesterday and taken Watkins/Evans.

something isnt adding up
This kind of talk took place the first time he got suspended. It took a week for the league to announce, IIRC.

I hope it's wrong, because I think it's silly for a man's career to be put in jeopardy for it. But, again, last time the sources were much smaller than ESPN, and turned out to be true.

Given that its not a physically addictive drug, Id call it stupid and weak minded.
It's still a chemical imbalance, whether the drug is physically addictive or not. In fact, I've read a lot of people suggest that the mental/emotional aspect of an addiction is much harder to break that the physical addiction.

He's likely self medicating for anxiety, depression, or another imbalance.

How hard is it to just not ####ing smoke weed when you know your career depends on it???
Pretty hard when you're addicted.
Given that its not a physically addictive drug, Id call it stupid and weak minded.
He definitely seems to be addicted though, on the level where people are addicted to gambling.

But weed is definitely not an addictive substance (physically)...................................either way, idiot.

and you know the Browns would have known this yesterday and taken Watkins/Evans.

something isnt adding up
This kind of talk took place the first time he got suspended. It took a week for the league to announce, IIRC.

I hope it's wrong, because I think it's silly for a man's career to be put in jeopardy for it. But, again, last time the sources were much smaller than ESPN, and turned out to be true.
But this failed test didnt come out today... it says its been "known" since April. Browns wouldve been made aware IMMEDIATELY

no ####### way Browns dont change their draft w this knowledge

Im calling bull#### for now

Last edited by a moderator:

something isnt adding up

But this failed test didnt come out today... it says its been "known"

no ####### way Browns dont change their draft w this knowledge
Maybe they did. They addressed two major needs, added an additional pick, and likely got their BPA with each pick.

It's still a chemical imbalance, whether the drug is physically addictive or not. In fact, I've read a lot of people suggest that the mental/emotional aspect of an addiction is much harder to break that the physical addiction.

He's likely self medicating for anxiety, depression, or another imbalance.
The people addicted to the drugs that are physically addictive also have the mental/emotional aspect of the addiction.

Enough about addiction. Probably not many in hear working in the field (I used to)

Last edited by a moderator:
So can he spend the year smoking the #### outta his weed supply to get his fix and then come back the following year ready for the season or do they test him while he's sitting under a bridge with his bong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread