What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon facing 1 year suspension? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that its not a physically addictive drug, Id call it stupid and weak minded.
He's likely self medicating for anxiety, depression, or another imbalance. toking with his stoner buddies because he just doesnt appreciate the numerous chances hes been given
That's kind of a sad position to take, but maybe you're right. I tend to think people do the best that they know how to do, generally. Especially when it comes to imbalances that lead to addiction.

I want to say "and this is why a guy as risky as Gordon can't be worth more than any of the other elite big WR's...but I tried trading Calvin for Gordon+ this offseason. Rejected. Whew.

Don't own Gordon anywhere and don't have anything to lose from this news, but...

It is pretty dumb that the league tests for weed. It's not performance-enhancing. It's not a "hard" drug. Who cares if these guys have a few tokes?
you can knock the ####### #### out of your girlfriend's face

murder someone

but cant smoke a joint.

Great stuff, NFL
I agree. I think weed, like alcohol, should be a punishable offense only if you are pulled over for some sort of dangerous drive charge as a result of being high. And what Rice did is much, much more serious in the big scheme of things. Heck, smoking weed is legal in several states.

The people addicted to the drugs that are physically addictive also have the mental/emotional aspect of the addiction.
No doubt. I worded that poorly. Addictions (or any behavior) that is a result of self medication can as damning or difficult to break than those addicted due to physically addictive substances. Not in the field, but a big part of my family life. Not addiction, per se, however.

Don't own Gordon anywhere and don't have anything to lose from this news, but...

It is pretty dumb that the league tests for weed. It's not performance-enhancing. It's not a "hard" drug. Who cares if these guys have a few tokes?
:goodposting:

Rosenhaus denying it, FWIW>....

and you know the Browns would have known this yesterday and taken Watkins/Evans.

something isnt adding up

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10908822/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-faces-season-long-suspension?ex_cid=Twitter_espn_10908822
Your denial is causing it to not add up for you.
of course I dont want it to be true...

but looking at it logically, a lot of things dont make sense about this report

here come the excuses . . . you knew the risks when you acquired Gordon - quit blaming the NFL and blame the guilty party.

Could be because it's illegal in 48 states.
There are lots of illegal activities that the league doesn't test for or search for evidence of.

murder someone

but cant smoke a joint.

Great stuff, NFL
unfortunately it's society as a whole, not just the nfl. things are changing but slowly. The nfl has been talking about changing the rules around weed. maybe they'll step in and do the right thing now, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

True, but at the same time, the players know that it is something they will get suspended for and right or wrong that they test for it, I am shocked that they don't have the discipline not to do it during the season during their 5-10 year career as a trade off to be set financially for life.

I don't think weed should be illegal or tested for by the NFL. I've inhaled more than once myself.

That said, Gordon was getting tested 10 times a month. How stupid can you be?

Time for the Browns to take Donte Moncrief. All the deep speed. None of the weed need.

2014 Dynasty Rookie Mocks get even more interesting . . . very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really isn't adding up yet... May be a good time to see how cheap you can get him even if there is a suspension that happens.

You'd think that after what happened to Justin Blackmon that he would have learned something.

murder someone

but cant smoke a joint.

Great stuff, NFL
There's no piss test for those

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 36s

RT @MaryKayCabot: Source tells http://Cleveland.com the #browns have known about Gordon's positive test for 2 weeks.
officially makes ZERO sense now.

Doing team approved interviews w ESPN just today talking about the Browns and the upcoming season...

I'm absolutely lost.
Chris Mortensen said the #Browns coaches didnt know about Josh Gordon's suspension until "about 90 minutes ago."

RT @MaryKayCabot: Source tells http://Cleveland.com the #browns have known about Gordon's positive test for 2 weeks.

Doing team approved interviews w ESPN just today talking about the Browns and the upcoming season...

I'm absolutely lost.
Chris Mortensen said the #Browns coaches didnt know about Josh Gordon's suspension until "about 90 minutes ago."
Are you still lost Soulfly?

I just hate how many gifted athletes appear to have 10 cent brains. Even if you personally don't think smoking weed is bad, if its against the law, and can get you banned from your job, a job that pays you MILLIONS of dollars, WHY the FUDGE would you still do it??

If I'm the browns, I'm drafting Latimer immediately. He's the most ready to play now IMO.

True, but at the same time, the players know that it is something they will get suspended for and right or wrong that they test for it, I am shocked that they don't have the discipline not to do it during the season during their 5-10 year career as a trade off to be set financially for life.
He broke the rules, but the rules are ######ed. :shrug:

I'm absolutely lost.
Mortornson now back-tracking

Browns upper echelon made their first-round decisions with knowledge of Josh Gordon's pending status, is under appeal, per sources

I understand it is hindsight but I bet the Browns wish they had traded him last year with all the rumors of sending Gordon to the Patriots, Lions, and a handful of other teams.

I'm absolutely lost.
Yes.

who cares what/what the coaches knew?

Farmer knew weeks ago... so it makes so little sense still.

im 99.9% sure the story is legit but some things are really not making sense to me

eta: there we go... backtracking w the story going on already.... already under appeal

ESPN and NFL netowork both reported . What a mess . he was just on ESPN 2 hours agoto talk about Johnny Manziel. Even if its not a year hes gone for a while. Also a huge risk to draft even if he somehow appeals and wins. . I got burned with Blackmon last year. Again so stupid . if I am getting paid this money i would do my best to stay away from any drugs for the time I am playing in the NFL. I just got tested for drugs to get a job 2 weeks ago. Need to be smart.

Now is a good time to get ESPN on board with allowing players to smoke marijuana. They would do anything if it helps Manziel.

Juding by what Sal Pal just said on ESPN, the Browns aren't rattled by this news

sounds like their confident it'll be beaten? passing on a WR like watkins/evans kinda shows that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread