What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon facing 1 year suspension? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juding by what Sal Pal just said on ESPN, the Browns aren't rattled by this news

sounds like their confident it'll be beaten? passing on a WR like watkins/evans kinda shows that
I love when people who own him hold out hope.

Plus, the Browns found out 90 minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hate how many gifted athletes appear to have 10 cent brains. Even if you personally don't think smoking weed is bad, if its against the law, and can get you banned from your job, a job that pays you MILLIONS of dollars, WHY the FUDGE would you still do it??

Dumb/arrogant/selfish.

Juding by what Sal Pal just said on ESPN, the Browns aren't rattled by this news

sounds like their confident it'll be beaten? passing on a WR like watkins/evans kinda shows that
When I was in law school, my trial practice Judge told us that if something goes wrong in Court - like a spear into your chest bad - don't react.

That is what the Browns brass are doing right now.

Of course they are rattled. The best young WR in the NFL could be gone for a year.

Serious question how many guys with "character issues" drop in the draft the next couple of days? I wonder if the league leaked this information on purpose to remind teams to watch who they are drafting The timing seems so odd

Serious question how many guys with "character issues" drop in the draft the next couple of days? I wonder if the league leaked this information on purpose to remind teams to watch who they are drafting The timing seems so odd
I doubt the league leaked this. They wouldn't want the bad pub during the draft--I'd guess.

This is the risk with drafting questionable kids. This guy was such a screwup, he wasn't even in the regular draft.

Kid was getting a lot of recognition and positive pub during the offseason.....I thought maybe....just maybe he would relish in being one of the best in the world at his position and work hard to stay focused. Unfortunately for Josh and his teammates pot is more important. Cleveland sure was looking like they were turning things around, I feel bad for the fans.

Kid was getting a lot of recognition and positive pub during the offseason.....I thought maybe....just maybe he would relish in being one of the best in the world at his position and work hard to stay focused. Unfortunately for Josh and his teammates pot is more important. Cleveland sure was looking like they were turning things around, I feel bad for the fans.
Blame the victim. Let Josh get high, NFL has issues if they want to remove an elite player from the game over weed.

Hes the 2nd best WR in football and was a challenge for the best (Megatron) . Forget Fantasy , will stink not having him in the league for a year or whatever is the suspension. If Blackmon got 1 year I got to think it will be a year for Gordon but hope its less.

I'm shocked people are shocked.

I had owned Gordon in about 5 leagues when he was drafted, and long before now have traded him away in all my leagues. There was a thread earlier this offseason discussing Gordon and Blackmon and their values. Gordon has been ranked a top 3 WR pretty consistently in dynasty by FBG staff, DLF, Pro Football focus dynasty rankings. I commented that I thought people weren't nearly in tune with their real risks, ranking these two as high as they were. People predictably pooh poohed me. And here we are now, both of them most likely done for the year. Guys need to stop ignoring suspension risk for 3+ time offenders, which a player has to be before being suspended a first time. It is a big risk and needs to be factored into a dynasty value for exactly what has happened with these two.

Blame the victim. Let Josh get high, NFL has issues if they want to remove an elite player from the game over weed.
Yeah, this is the NFL's fault. Some of the responses in here are laughable.

I'm shocked people are shocked.

I had owned Gordon in about 5 leagues when he was drafted, and long before now have traded him away in all my leagues. There was a thread earlier this offseason discussing Gordon and Blackmon and their values. Gordon has been ranked a top 3 WR pretty consistently in dynasty by FBG staff, DLF, Pro Football focus dynasty rankings. I commented that I thought people weren't nearly in tune with their real risks, ranking these two as high as they were. People predictably pooh poohed me. And here we are now, both of them most likely done for the year. Guys need to stop ignoring suspension risk for 3+ time offenders, which a player has to be before being suspended a first time. It is a big risk and needs to be factored into a dynasty value for exactly what has happened with these two.
You were early at every stage on Gordon--as one of the first to put rank him as highly as you did. Good call both times.

Yeah, this is the NFL's fault. Some of the responses in here are laughable.
Those are owners of Josh Gordon.

If you can't kick bad eating habits in the face of early death--it's more than poor eating habits.

It's you potentially walk away from millions of dollars, and the passion of your life, to get high knowing you're going to be test--it's more than enjoying weed being stupid.

Call it dumb if it's easier for you to understand, or as a pat on your back for not being in his shoes. But addiction isn't reserved to addictive substances.

Have you ever seen someone withdrawing from marijuana? Curled up on the floor, shaking, vomiting and on the brink of death! This is real.
"Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences, or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors."

Any questions?

How hard is it to just not ####ing smoke weed when you know your career depends on it???
Pretty hard when you're addicted.
To what, stupidity?
To marijuana.
:rolleyes:
Have you ever seen someone withdrawing from marijuana? Curled up on the floor, shaking, vomiting and on the brink of death! This is real.

Just in case :sarcasm:
I would love to get super high right now but I value my job and the $ I make. Come retirement, or legalization, I'll be high high high. Right now its pretty easy to hold out.

If you can't kick bad eating habits in the face of early death--it's more than poor eating habits.

It's you potentially walk away from millions of dollars, and the passion of your life, to get high knowing you're going to be test--it's more than enjoying weed being stupid.

Call it dumb if it's easier for you to understand, or as a pat on your back for not being in his shoes. But addiction isn't reserved to addictive substances.
Only thing Gordon is addicted to is stupidity.

"Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences, or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors."

Any questions?
Yes, do you really believe it is his addiction to weed and not his IQ of 60 that is the problem?

That may be true for a large percentage of the population, but there's another fraction that are just dumb as dumb can be. If you're truly addicted to something and make millions of dollars, then check yourself into a rehab facility for 90 days and get your mind right. Some of these guys just don't care, and I'd venture to guess that Gordon falls more into the "dumb as a rock" group as opposed to the "highly addicted" one.

Any questions?
Yes, do you really believe it is his addiction to weed and not his IQ of 60 that is the problem?
"Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences."

You're confusing the definition of insanity with stupidity. Stupid people still learn that a fire is hot and avoid it.

Any questions?
Bingo.

I would love to get super high right now but I value my job and the $ I make. Come retirement, or legalization, I'll be high high high. Right now its pretty easy to hold out.
Because you like getting high, but are not addicted.
So because he can think about consequences he isn't an addict, but bc Josh doesn't he is?
"Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences."

Any more questions?

Loved him last year as a sixth round pick in startups but was very wary this year of him valued as high as first overall. Lot of new owners didn't factor in the obvious risk associated and will be hamstrung similar to those who picked Trent high last year. Have him on a number of teams that are now nowhere near as good as they were two hours ago, but at least he was my WR2/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread