Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Please allow 8 weeks for delivery of your rebate.

WTF, please improve your grossly inefficient process!  No way this should take more than two weeks, including mail delivery.

This is regarding my $600 rebate for the purchase of $7K of KitchenAid appliances for my remodel, but the same pet peeve applies to many similar situations...

Same, except for LG.  After 8 weeks, I hadn't received the $500 gift card, so I called and they said I was missing a serial number...Re-filed it...another 8-10 weeks. WTF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arrow1 said:

This.  My wife will watch a video clip or something similar on her phone with the volume at 10.

That goes back to an earlier grievance of people not using headphones for crap like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, irish eyes said:

 

Wow, I thought I was the only one to suffer through this garbage. I always ask her if she is deaf because the volume is as loud as it will go. But she gives me attitude if I so much as breath if she is on a phone call. Please let work from home end NOW!

The crazy thing is, my wife's phone is permanently on silent/vibrate and she plays her mobile games with the sound off. Audio provides cues as to what the enemies are doing and where they are so she's knowingly plays at a disadvantage. 
But TikTok? Nah... that ish needs to be 98 decibels through front firing stereo speakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Please allow 8 weeks for delivery of your rebate.

WTF, please improve your grossly inefficient process!  No way this should take more than two weeks, including mail delivery.

This is regarding my $600 rebate for the purchase of $7K of KitchenAid appliances for my remodel, but the same pet peeve applies to many similar situations...

Had a similar conversation yesterday. Pllaced an online order from Omaha Steaks,  box arrived late and only 2 of 8 items were still frozen.  I called them up mainly to ask if the items were refreezable.  They offered either a refund on the items that arrived thawed, or a store credit/gift card.  If I chose the refund it would take 2 weeks to go back on my card, but if I chose the gift card, it would be emailed to me immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPS tracking says I am supposed to get a package today. It will not get here today. It is still very far away. Packages never arrive at my house without hitting the processing center nearby. That center never sends packages out late in the afternoon/evening. UPS still swears to me it will be on time and refuses to acknowledge that it isn't even in the state yet. Once 9pm rolls around they will update. Until then, Nope, all good!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

UPS tracking says I am supposed to get a package today. It will not get here today. It is still very far away. Packages never arrive at my house without hitting the processing center nearby. That center never sends packages out late in the afternoon/evening. UPS still swears to me it will be on time and refuses to acknowledge that it isn't even in the state yet. Once 9pm rolls around they will update. Until then, Nope, all good!!!

Between my wife and I someone was here from daylight til midnight last Friday for a fedex “guaranteed delivery”. Nothing

Saturday morning we went to my daughters for a bit. She got a text at 10:16 am that said it would be delivered that day. 

At 1031 am she got a text that they were at our house and no one was home lol.

It ended up being delivered about 7 pm Monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Menards -  11% "savings" is not the same as 11% you can use on your next Menards purchase. Stop saying it's "savings".

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Between my wife and I someone was here from daylight til midnight last Friday for a fedex “guaranteed delivery”. Nothing

Saturday morning we went to my daughters for a bit. She got a text at 10:16 am that said it would be delivered that day. 

At 1031 am she got a text that they were at our house and no one was home lol.

It ended up being delivered about 7 pm Monday

Our deliveries have increasingly been delivered successfully and on time....just somewhere else. No idea where. And then my wife has to battle tooth and nail for hours to explain this and get a refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Menards -  11% "savings" is not the same as 11% you can use on your next Menards purchase. Stop saying it's "savings".

My UPS delivery i mentioned above is from menards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you open the lid of a jar to use something, twist said lid of jar back tightly as you found it... do NOT just rest lid of jar on top like a cover.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon delivery people delivering your stuff to someone else and vice versa #firstworldproblems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Amazon delivery people delivering your stuff to someone else and vice versa #firstworldproblems

I enjoy when they send you back a photo confirmation saying it was delivered and you can clearly see the wrong numbers in the photo. 

Which reminds me. Amazon, stop delivering packages next to my address marker along my front walk. There is a sheltered porch five feet away. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I enjoy when they send you back a photo confirmation saying it was delivered and you can clearly see the wrong numbers in the photo. 

Which reminds me. Amazon, stop delivering packages next to my address marker along my front walk. There is a sheltered porch five feet away. 

Absolutely. My neighbors across the street have this teal metal chair that was a dead giveaway for where my stuff actually went. Good times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when ordering takeout & the restaurant says "30 minutes", but you live 15 minutes away.. don't leave the house 30 minutes later and then complain that the restaurant ####ed up because the food is cold when you get home.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, steelerfan1 said:

If you open the lid of a jar to use something, twist said lid of jar back tightly as you found it... do NOT just rest lid of jar on top like a cover.

So true.  Drives me nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you've selected an item to purchase at a store. you know that you have to pay for it. come to the register prepared to pay. whether that be with a card, cash or check. get to the counter ready to make payment.  do not act surprised when you get there. this is not the first time you have ever paid for something in your life.

my god the next time i stand behind someone who is totally shocked that there's an exchange of money for goods & then can't fumble through their possessions to find their form of payment i am going to KO myself.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, mr. furley said:

when ordering takeout & the restaurant says "30 minutes", but you live 15 minutes away.. don't leave the house 30 minutes later and then complain that the restaurant ####ed up because the food is cold when you get home.

On the other hand, don't put a curbside delivery option on your restaurant's website if your staff has no intention to actually bring it out.  You follow the directions, get there at the time they give you and call to let them know you're there, and they tell you it's going to be another 5 minutes.  15 minutes go by - you figure it's taking even longer and you don't want to pester them.  You finally go in to see what's up and find the takeout package has been sitting there on the counter for probably the last 15 minutes. And the place didn't even look busy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This probably can go in one of many threads but I'll put it here.

The commercial for asthma medicine. It has a mother and son, she's "teaching him" baseball.

So this mom is throwing a pitch from like 30 feet with no net. Then the powerhouse son rips a long drive, we see the mom turn and run the "fly ball" down and makes and "outstanding" catch.  As the son goes crazy and the camera pans back we see the mom is literally next to the pitching mound.....

Just drives me insane!@!@!@

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, parasaurolophus said:

UPS tracking says I am supposed to get a package today. It will not get here today. It is still very far away. Packages never arrive at my house without hitting the processing center nearby. That center never sends packages out late in the afternoon/evening. UPS still swears to me it will be on time and refuses to acknowledge that it isn't even in the state yet. Once 9pm rolls around they will update. Until then, Nope, all good!!!

Big shock. Still dont have. 

Package is officially lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to call customer service about an issue.  No live chat feature on the website, but they at least give you the option of asking them to call you when it's your turn rather than having to call them and wait on the phone.  They ask what the issue is about so that they can get you to the right person - sounds good - "shipping."  They give you another menu to pick something more specific, and then another.  Wait for the call, but at least it's easier to get other stuff done. Eventually they call and the rep asks about your issue.  You spend 2 minutes explaining your issue, and she comes back with, "Okay, I'm going to transfer you to the shipping department so that someone who deals with shipping can help you."  Wait on hold for next available...  :wall: 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decimate does NOT mean devastate. It means to wipe out one tenth of something - hence the ‘dec’ prefix. Nobody seems to understand this. It’s now to the point where the definition is being revised in respected dictionaries - kind of like ‘irregardless.’ Along those lines, I would imagine that most people who say that something ‘looks like a war zone’ have ever seen a war zone firsthand. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, belljr said:

This probably can go in one of many threads but I'll put it here.

The commercial for asthma medicine. It has a mother and son, she's "teaching him" baseball.

So this mom is throwing a pitch from like 30 feet with no net. Then the powerhouse son rips a long drive, we see the mom turn and run the "fly ball" down and makes and "outstanding" catch.  As the son goes crazy and the camera pans back we see the mom is literally next to the pitching mound.....

Just drives me insane!@!@!@

A great example, and there are many, of a commercial being directed by a "Corky St. Claire" director that routinely says things like "kick a touchdown".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Honus said:

Decimate does NOT mean devastate. It means to wipe out one tenth of something - hence the ‘dec’ prefix. Nobody seems to understand this. It’s now to the point where the definition is being revised in respected dictionaries - kind of like ‘irregardless.’ Along those lines, I would imagine that most people who say that something ‘looks like a war zone’ have ever seen a war zone firsthand. 

THANK YOU.  This drives me nuts.  Although parts that get hit by a hurricane with that wind speed do look like a war zone- sometimes including the bodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife: i hate our fridge. It is too hard to find stuff.

Then goes shopping and jams even more crap in fridge. 

Also my wife while clanging every pot and pan we have: i am trying to find our really big pan. 

Me: it is right here. 

Wife: no thats not it. We have a bigger one.

Me: nope thats the biggest one. 

Wife: i am 100 % sure we have a bigger pan. I found the lid, but I cant find the pan. 

Me: ummmm....this lid fits on this pan. 

Wife...slams all cabinet doors shut. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I posted this before.

My daughter's team I used to only get the emails, then my wife asked to get added. We now use TeamSnap for our schedule. So at my father and sisters request, I added them to my account.  So my wife and I get the team specific emails and my whole family gets the schedule.

Every bleeping week I get the so what time is the game?, where is it?, what do you mean daughter has to get there early?

Grrrrrrrrrrrdd

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, belljr said:

I know I posted this before.

My daughter's team I used to only get the emails, then my wife asked to get added. We now use TeamSnap for our schedule. So at my father and sisters request, I added them to my account.  So my wife and I get the team specific emails and my whole family gets the schedule.

Every bleeping week I get the so what time is the game?, where is it?, what do you mean daughter has to get there early?

Grrrrrrrrrrrdd

 

I hate team snap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corks in whiskey bottles. I'm a from-the-bottle drinker. I'm gonna take another drink soon, and it's too much effort to pull out for every drink. Can't leave it out, because I will knock the bottle over at some point. Leaving it partially in is the best choice, but too easy to accidentally pick up by the partially-inserted cork and there it all goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TakiToki said:

Corks in whiskey bottles. I'm a from-the-bottle drinker. I'm gonna take another drink soon, and it's too much effort to pull out for every drink. Can't leave it out, because I will knock the bottle over at some point. Leaving it partially in is the best choice, but too easy to accidentally pick up by the partially-inserted cork and there it all goes.

what the hell kind of bottles are you buying that this is a problem?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TakiToki said:

Corks in whiskey bottles. I'm a from-the-bottle drinker. I'm gonna take another drink soon, and it's too much effort to pull out for every drink. Can't leave it out, because I will knock the bottle over at some point. Leaving it partially in is the best choice, but too easy to accidentally pick up by the partially-inserted cork and there it all goes.

Wait, you just take pulls right from the bottle?  You got a brown paper bag over that bottle or what?

I can't say I've ever heard anyone doing this.  Whiskey belongs in a glass unless you plan on sleeping in the gutter later.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

driving thing, might be local to Maryland.

come up on an intersection with a right turn, yield lane at the light (a lane that ends up merging quickly onto the main thoroughfare, so you can get up to speed after making a right on red and then merge/yield). in MD, most people stop before making the right into the yield lane, and sit there waiting for clear space before going. 

defeats the whole purpose of the damned lane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Floppo said:

driving thing, might be local to Maryland.

come up on an intersection with a right turn, yield lane at the light (a lane that ends up merging quickly onto the main thoroughfare, so you can get up to speed after making a right on red and then merge/yield). in MD, most people stop before making the right into the yield lane, and sit there waiting for clear space before going. 

defeats the whole purpose of the damned lane. 

Never seen that arrangement in Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, El Floppo said:

driving thing, might be local to Maryland.

come up on an intersection with a right turn, yield lane at the light (a lane that ends up merging quickly onto the main thoroughfare, so you can get up to speed after making a right on red and then merge/yield). in MD, most people stop before making the right into the yield lane, and sit there waiting for clear space before going. 

defeats the whole purpose of the damned lane. 

Does it have a Yield sign at the start of the lane? That might be what influences people to stop first and check out the traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

Does it have a Yield sign at the start of the lane? That might be what influences people to stop first and check out the traffic.

Yes. Still makes no sense to me to sit back, stopped at the perpendicular intersection, backing up cars behind you, instead of in the parallel merge lane that was put there just for that. Worst case scenario is that you have to stop at the end of the merge lane to wait for a spot to slip in. But you don't have to also make the right turn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Yes. Still makes no sense to me to sit back, stopped at the perpendicular intersection, backing up cars behind you, instead of in the parallel merge lane that was put there just for that. Worst case scenario is that you have to stop at the end of the merge lane to wait for a spot to slip in. But you don't have to also make the right turn. 

People that don’t know how to merge should have their license and vehicles taken from them. Drives me crazy and is more dangerous than people that do 80 mph

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

more dangerous than people that do 80 mph

That’s dangerous? Asking for a friend :scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Yes. Still makes no sense to me to sit back, stopped at the perpendicular intersection, backing up cars behind you, instead of in the parallel merge lane that was put there just for that. Worst case scenario is that you have to stop at the end of the merge lane to wait for a spot to slip in. But you don't have to also make the right turn. 

There is one intersection in my city that is exactly what you described except there is no Yield sign and the drivers seem to realize right away that they should turn without stopping and then merge (and there's plenty of room to merge). It seems to work better without the Yield in this case.

 

We have the opposite problem at another place near my house.

There is a freeway off ramp that angles toward a merge which has mega traffic and there is a Yield sign.

Cars coming off of the freeway completely ignore the Yield and their speed is way too high for them to smoothly merge in and it's always a mess. In this case, I wish more would at least slow down and take a look before speeding into the traffic.

 

Edited by Mr. Mojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who say ‘nucular’ and then get all pissy when their husband corrects them. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 3:05 PM, Honus said:

Decimate does NOT mean devastate. It means to wipe out one tenth of something - hence the ‘dec’ prefix. Nobody seems to understand this. 

This is one of those terms that, if used correctly, everybody will think you've misspoken.  Very annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 3:47 PM, TakiToki said:

Corks in whiskey bottles. I'm a from-the-bottle drinker. I'm gonna take another drink soon, and it's too much effort to pull out for every drink. Can't leave it out, because I will knock the bottle over at some point. Leaving it partially in is the best choice, but too easy to accidentally pick up by the partially-inserted cork and there it all goes.

Are you wearing a cowboy hat and six-shooter while you do this?  Because if not, I don't think you're allowed to drink from the bottle.

(Drinking straight from the bottle is also acceptable if you're a mysterious gambler who is drinking down somebody's last swallow).

Edited by IvanKaramazov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when people can't help but answer questions they have no business talking about, but they think using a lot of buzzwords and acronyms is a sufficient fill in for actual knowledge.

just say "i don't know the answer to that, but i'll help you find it if i can" or something.

 

saying things like "oh yeah, you just have to re-load the protocol" isn't helpful. particularly when the follow up is "what protocol" and you say "you know.. the protocols are what you use. it's just a protocol thing."

 

just punt

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, mr. furley said:

when ordering takeout & the restaurant says "30 minutes", but you live 15 minutes away.. don't leave the house 30 minutes later and then complain that the restaurant ####ed up because the food is cold when you get home.

I hate it more when you're quoted 30 minutes, get there in 20 and your food is sitting there waiting. How long has it been there?? And it could have sat 10 more minutes had I been "on time".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, Mr. Mojo said:

We have the opposite problem at another place near my house.

There is a freeway off ramp that angles toward a merge which has mega traffic and there is a Yield sign.

Cars coming off of the freeway completely ignore the Yield and their speed is way too high for them to smoothly merge in and it's always a mess. In this case, I wish more would at least slow down and take a look before speeding into the traffic.

I have to deal with similar nonsense every morning driving to work.  I have to make a right turn into an industrial park right after the interstate off ramp dumps onto the road.  Ramp traffic has a yield sign, but in the morning the vast majority of traffic is making the same right as me and just comes barreling onto the road.  The more "courteous" ones will ride in the shoulder instead of the road to show they are making the right and not continuing, but that obviously doesn't help me because I am making the same turn as them.  Then 1 in 10 of the interstate drivers will actually obey the yield sign and slow way down, and all Hell breaks loose as people start trying to go around them.  :wall:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

Do we really need advertising projected on the pitching mound now? 

I have this awful feeling you aren't kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

Do we really need advertising projected on the pitching mound now? 

Sounds like a perfect spot for a kitty litter ad.

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a very specific one and the pitching mound reminded me of it.

We play in tons of softball tournaments. And there is always one or 2 teams that no one retrieves ####### foul balls. Not a player, not a coach not even a freaking fan.  It's pretty basic your responsible for your side ffs.  We only get like 3 balls a game and sure enough.  We will be in the middle of an at bat and we ran out of balls because the jack holes never got foul balls, so we all wait...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 6:23 AM, IvanKaramazov said:

This is one of those terms that, if used correctly, everybody will think you've misspoken.  Very annoying.

The meanings of words change over time.  It is not wrong to use modern meanings.  I'm not sure why decimate bothers some people more than other words.  But language changes daily/monthly/yearly.  Plus decimate being used as devastate is hundreds of years old.  Not exactly new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

Do we really need advertising projected on the pitching mound now? 

Made this for you last night but then forgot where I even saw this post.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.