What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you pronounce this word: COUPON ? (1 Viewer)

How do you pronounce this word: COUPON ?

• Total voters
Is this a regional accent thing?

I almost never hear cue-pon here in new york.

What region are those of you who pronounce it that way from?

the ####?

I never knew there was another way of pronouncing Coo-pon.

Do all you Q-pon people listen to your home-stereo systems with the great ah-Q-sticks? I'm guessing you all drive Jag-wires too. TIme for a Q-day-tah.

the ####?

Do all you Q-pon people listen to your home-stereo systems with the great ah-Q-sticks? I'm guessing you all drive Jag-wires too. TIme for a Q-day-tah.
It's a Southern thing, Yankee.

the ####?

the ####?

It's a regional thing to make up pronunciation?

the ####?

the ####?

Have you been to Boston?

the ####?

the ####?

Have you been to Boston?
:confused:

I thought they spoke a dialect of Canadian in Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
the ####?

the ####?

Have you been to Boston?

Canadians make up everything.

the ####?

the ####?

Have you been to Boston?

troof.

####### canadians.

the ####?

the ####?

Have you been to Boston?
:confused: I thought they spoke a dialect of Canadian in Boston.
it's the in-n-out of countries.

You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-may-tah. Poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe. And, now there’s this: Coo-pon or cue-pon?

Coupon-Poll-356x285.png

A nationwide poll finds that it’s not entirely clear how to pronounce the money-saving paper clippings. The poll, commissioned by Coupons.com, asked people: “How do you pronounce the word ‘coupon’?”

In what the company called “a surprise upset,” 57 percent of people in the U.S. say “cue-pon.”

That pronunciation was favored in 36 states, including most of the South, Midwest and Northwest. The top five states that skewed most heavily toward the pronunciation were New Mexico, Idaho, Missouri, South Dakota and North Dakota.

Meanwhile, the states that prefer saying “coo-pon” include Washington, D.C., New Hampshire, New Jersey, Hawaii and Rhode Island.

In a statement, Coupons.com CEO Steven Boal said he’s been pronouncing it “coo-pon” since founding the company 13 years ago.

Coupons.com raised a jaw-dropping $200 million in capital in June, and then added $30 million more to its shopping cart only four months later.

Thus, money for goofy polls.

As Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong would have sung: “Let’s call the whole thing off.”

Users who are viewing this thread