What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

A box from Hawks64 was on my porch when I got up...can not wait to get into these beers!

Pipeworks Citra

Pipeworks Sorachi vs Nelson

Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn

Ballast Point Victory at Sea

Half Acre Senita

Hopslam

51st Ward East Clint wood

Saugatuk Neapolitan Milk Stout

http://i.imgur.com/OfFQEAm.jpg

Thanks man!! Awesome variety here. :thumbup:

A box from Hawks64 was on my porch when I got up...can not wait to get into these beers!

Pipeworks Citra

Half Acre Senita

Hopslam

:suds:

Will be opening some Crank today GB!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipeworks Citra

Half Acre Senita

Hopslam

:suds: Will be opening some Crank today GB!
Careful, it goes down real easy! :banned:

Well crap. Coppertail's new tasting room opens in an hour, and Cigar City just released another Double IPA in 22oz bottles in their taproom called Florida Man. Guess I'm heading to Tampa in a little bit...

CC nailed the label. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Zn1w5ll.jpg
Such difficult decisions!!
Oh I'm hitting them both. Lol. And Rapp is releasing their Gose in 750mp bottles Monday, so I'll hit Cycle on that trip while I'm in the area.So many beers, so little fridge space...

At Cigar City having a flight...

nitro vanilla Maduro is like silk.

Portmanteau (4.6% sour session IPA) is really interesting and delicious

Cask red wine oak IPA is OK

Florida Man DIPA 9.2%...very grassy...not a ton of malt...I like the beer week DIPA better, but this one isn't bad...no CCB DIPA has really impressed me though.

At Coppertails brand new tasting room...bad ###. Having a Citrus Free Dive and a Cigar City Oatmeal Raison Cookie. This place is packed, standing to only...I wish the Sherry Zhukov wouldn't have kicked before I got here, but oh well.

Pliny was very very good, but I'm not sure it stands out as being so much better than some of the other major DIPA. I'm now having Grapefruit Sculpin for the first time. I'm in love.

Pliny was very very good, but I'm not sure it stands out as being so much better than some of the other major DIPA. I'm now having Grapefruit Sculpin for the first time. I'm in love.
To me, Pliny might be the smoothest DIPA in the universe. Its not complex, but its just...on point. Not over malty, very hoppy, but not in your face hoppy...Idk...I kinda get the hype....but there are way more flavorful DIPAs out there.

Love love love grapefruit sculpin.

Crank is absolutely crushable. Yet another excellent beer from Wingnut!

Love love love grapefruit sculpin.Crank is absolutely crushable. Yet another excellent beer from Wingnut!
There it is! I was wondering if you got into it yet. Crank danger level: off the charts.Glad you like it...I hope it got to warm up juuuust a bit where it finds its sweet spot.

Pounding a Coppertail Purple Drank on the outside patio....Florida Weiss has quickly become one of my favorite styles.

Hawks...there are at least 3 more beers I was hoping to send but weren't available...Florida has more ammo, we need to do a round two later this month or April if you're up for it. Still some awesomeness you've yet to try.

Love love love grapefruit sculpin.Crank is absolutely crushable. Yet another excellent beer from Wingnut!
There it is! I was wondering if you got into it yet. Crank danger level: off the charts.Glad you like it...I hope it got to warm up juuuust a bit where it finds its sweet spot.
Been a rough week of recovering from a nasty cold/bug/whatever and taking care of sick kids. Need this tonight! I'll finish the one crowler and save the last one for tomorrow night.

Hawks...there are at least 3 more beers I was hoping to send but weren't available...Florida has more ammo, we need to do a round two later this month or April if you're up for it. Still some awesomeness you've yet to try.
I'm up for another round in April for sure! Hopefully PW will release some more awesome twists you haven't had.

Man, Id love to try it. The hype here is major for it.

Hype for Crank? I can make it happen GB...I'm not up for a big trade right now, but I can get you some Crank and a couple of other locals. PM me and let's get you some.

Best news I've seen all week.

At a training in Wisconsin. I've drank almost nothing but New Glarus Spotted Cow. Very smooth cream ale. I'm lovin' it.
PA as a state is absolutely brutal with liquor laws, so this feels like Sisyphus finally getting that rock onto the other side of the hill.

Maybe by the time I retire, distributors and convenience stores will sell mix and match 6 packs like pretty much every other state in the union. One can hope.

That coppertail Tripel you sent me was the best tripel I've ever had. Wasn't very true to style, was a super hoppy American version of a tripel, but just the right balance of hops and Belgian yeast. I loved it. I still have tha Crowler of the coffee Porter to drink this AM.

The homebrew flavor was good. Carbonation was really light. I personally could never get the carb right in bottles and mostly stopped brewing b/c of this. I want to try putting into a keg but haven't gotten around to it. I was very surprised at how clear your homebrew was.

Re: Wicked Weed. I was disappointed with many of their first runs of bottles. They weren't as tart as I remembered from tasting room. But recent runs have been much better.

If you ever want more, I'm always up for more crank and CC . Really enjoyed that one. And for anyone else, I don't trade a lot, but it's easy for me to get NoDa, Wicked Weed, Westbrook, Old Hickory locally plus lots of others. Those are probably 3-4 best breweries in the Carolinas.

Crank is great for sure but not as good as Zombie Dust. I would say it is like a Dust light and is perfect for summer or the Florida heat. I thought jai alai was awesome beer too - both regular and oaked. Not trying to be a Debbie downer. Maybe I am just being a homer or maybe I am upset that my Florida connection is cheating on me.

Crank is great for sure but not as good as Zombie Dust. I would say it is like a Dust light and is perfect for summer or the Florida heat. I thought jai alai was awesome beer too - both regular and oaked. Not trying to be a Debbie downer. Maybe I am just being a homer or maybe I am upset that my Florida connection is cheating on me.
Ha. I love both crank and zombie dust. I agree with your assessment that it's lighter. I think crank has better tropical flavors and so that's a preference thing for me. Zombie dust bigger and Hoppier with more malt.

ETA: I think of crank as more competing with daytime, all day, etc and dominating those beers. If I'm having just one, probably choosing ZD.

Crank is great for sure but not as good as Zombie Dust. I would say it is like a Dust light and is perfect for summer or the Florida heat. I thought jai alai was awesome beer too - both regular and oaked.Not trying to be a Debbie downer. Maybe I am just being a homer or maybe I am upset that my Florida connection is cheating on me.
Ha. I love both crank and zombie dust. I agree with your assessment that it's lighter. I think crank has better tropical flavors and so that's a preference thing for me. Zombie dust bigger andHoppier with more malt.

ETA: I think of crank as more competing with daytime, all day, etc and dominating those beers. If I'm having just one, probably choosing ZD.
Agree with steel, if I had a choice between Crank and Stone Go to or Slow Ride I would choose Crank all day every day. Add in the newness factor and I would pick it over Zombie Dust as well.

Crank is great for sure but not as good as Zombie Dust. I would say it is like a Dust light and is perfect for summer or the Florida heat. I thought jai alai was awesome beer too - both regular and oaked.Not trying to be a Debbie downer. Maybe I am just being a homer or maybe I am upset that my Florida connection is cheating on me.
Ha. I love both crank and zombie dust. I agree with your assessment that it's lighter. I think crank has better tropical flavors and so that's a preference thing for me. Zombie dust bigger andHoppier with more malt.

Agree with steel, if I had a choice between Crank and Stone Go to or Slow Ride I would choose Crank all day every day. Add in the newness factor and I would pick it over Zombie Dust as well.
Lol its all good, ditka...we can do another swap next month and get you some more FL goodies. I also need to get with Sebowski soon and get some Alpine stuff.Florida was a craft wasteland for so long, and Tampa Bay has really upped its game in the last couple of years and is making some really great beers. Its pretty cool that y'all are digging the beers I've sent.

As far as the Crank discussion, I agree with all of the above...it is like a lighter Dust, but juicier (IMO) than some of the session IPAs like All Day. I think my love for it is a bit biased since its local, which seems to make it taste better. One thing for sure, I've never had another IPA quite like it, which is another part of the appeal. Itll never be in the top 10 on BA, but its pretty damn good, and I'm glad y'all are digging it.

I really wish Cycle would make Hammer again, its a 6% Mosaic IPA and it was really friggin good too.

That coppertail Tripel you sent me was the best tripel I've ever had. Wasn't very true to style, was a super hoppy American version of a tripel, but just the right balance of hops and Belgian yeast. I loved it. I still have tha Crowler of the coffee Porter to drink this AM.

The homebrew flavor was good. Carbonation was really light. I personally could never get the carb right in bottles and mostly stopped brewing b/c of this. I want to try putting into a keg but haven't gotten around to it. I was very surprised at how clear your homebrew was.

Re: Wicked Weed. I was disappointed with many of their first runs of bottles. They weren't as tart as I remembered from tasting room. But recent runs have been much better.

If you ever want more, I'm always up for more crank and CC . Really enjoyed that one. And for anyone else, I don't trade a lot, but it's easy for me to get NoDa, Wicked Weed, Westbrook, Old Hickory locally plus lots of others. Those are probably 3-4 best breweries in the Carolinas.
Yeah the Unholy shocked me when I tried it at the brewery. So friggin good, right? You'd never know it was 9% ABV, so smooth and balanced. They actially call it an American Trippel. From their website:Our take on the Trippel style originally brewed by monks in Belgium features fruity / funky notes from the traditional Belgian yeast paired with a sacrilegious American hop character.

Their core four are all good (Free Dive, Unholy, Night Swim Porter and Wheat Stroke) and their rotating stuff is interesting and tasty too. Big things to come from Coppertail.

I was hoping that home brew would be carbed better...that makes 4 of 20 that were duds. Bummer. Glad you didn't think it sucked tho, that's what's important here. Lol

I've drank everything you sent...all awesome. That Pisgah POAP was insane and one of my favorites. Way different than I expected, but man it was good. :thumbup:

Lol its all good, ditka...we can do another swap next month and get you some more FL goodies. I also need to get with Sebowski soon and get some Alpine stuff.Florida was a craft wasteland for so long, and Tampa Bay has really upped its game in the last couple of years and is making some really great beers. Its pretty cool that y'all are digging the beers I've sent.

As far as the Crank discussion, I agree with all of the above...it is like a lighter Dust, but juicier (IMO) than some of the session IPAs like All Day. I think my love for it is a bit biased since its local, which seems to make it taste better. One thing for sure, I've never had another IPA quite like it, which is another part of the appeal. Itll never be in the top 10 on BA, but its pretty damn good, and I'm glad y'all are digging it.

I really wish Cycle would make Hammer again, its a 6% Mosaic IPA and it was really friggin good too.
Drool

Finishing my Crank today, so good!

And now my Crank is gone :kicksrock: Have 1 Jai Alai 1 White Oak Jai Alai and IIRC a reef monkey left. Those may not survive until tomorrow.

Having pizza and a 51st Ward East Clintwood, an APA with Citra and simcoe, from Hawks...pretty good. :thumbup:

Finished up the Crank and moved onto to the Reef Donkey from WingNut....a really good APA!
Yup its as good as any APA around. Not a huge fan of TBBCs beers, but they nailed that one pretty good.I'm having a Hopslam. BOOM goes the taste buds. Lol

And now my Crank is gone :kicksrock: Have 1 Jai Alai 1 White Oak Jai Alai and IIRC a reef monkey left. Those may not survive until tomorrow.
Lol at the typo in there.White Oak is long gone from the shelves, the second batch should be out soon (I hope).

Users who are viewing this thread