What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most Epic/Iconic Movie Scenes of All Time (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Just got done watching the Fugitive for the umpteenth time. The showdown at the top of the spillway is one of the most Epic scenes in all of film. Two big time actors squaring off in one of the most memorable moments of the movie and it all culminates in one of the most unbelievable outcomes (at the time).

What other scenes are forever etched in film lore?

Raiders scene with the guy with the sword and Indiana shoots him and Psycho shower scene.

First two that came to mind.

Major T. J. "King" Kong (Slim Pickens), B-52 bomber commander, riding a nuclear warhead bronco-style to its Russian ICBM base target in Dr. Strangelove.

Verbal Kint walking away going from the limp to walking normal and getting into "Kobayashi's" car.

Ursala Andress white bikini.

"Luke, I am your Father."

(heh, had the Pulp Fiction one and you beat me by a few seconds)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikey Mcdermott takes down Teddy KGB

Cool Hand Luke 50 eggs scene

North by Northwest Cropduster Plane attack scene

Godfather I - Michael shoots the cop in the Italian Restaurant 

Shawshank escape scene has to be top 10, if not top 5

A personal favorite is Chief breaking out of the loony bin at the end of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, but it's my favorite movie and I could pick about 5 scenes from it that I feel are epic

Last 2 for me, but I think the final fight scene in Gladiator was as epic as it gets.

and the attack scene in the insane asylum in Terminator 2.

Not epic, but one of the most impactful scenes I've ever seen in movies was the opening scene in Slumdog Millionare when they pan up from the kids running on the tin roofs, and the slum goes on and on and on.  Film-making at its finest.

Frodo destroying the ring and Sauron (the great eye) being destroyed in Return of the King. :nerd:

Last 2 for me, but I think the final fight scene in Gladiator was as epic as it gets.

Love both but the Epic scene of T2 is the motorcycle/semi chase.

And Gladiator has to be the battle of Carthage.

That or the turn around and "My name is Maximum...."

The music with it as it builds and the look on Caesars face.

Maybe not iconic but it is undeniably Epic. Heat where Pacino and Deniro sit and have coffee. 

That or the turn around and "My name is Maximum...."

The music with it as it builds and the look on Caesars face.
Yep - gets me every time. The score for the big scenes in this movie make the movie too (was the first movie I ever watched on surround sound, so it probably stuck with me much longer than it should have).

If the last shootout in the saloon in Unforgiven is coming up I will always watch.

Will Munny: Who's the fellow owns this ####hole?

[pause]

Will Munny: You, fat man. Speak up.

Skinny Dubois: Uh, I... I own this establishment. I bought the place from Greeley for a thousand dollars.

[Will levels the shotgun, and speaks to someone standing behind Skinny]

Will Munny: You better clear outta there.

Man: Yes, sir.

[scampers out of the way]

Little Bill Daggett: Just hold it right there. Hold it...!

[Will shoots Skinny. Screaming, the women scatter upstairs]

Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a #####! You just shot an unarmed man!

Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

Frodo destroying the ring and Sauron (the great eye) being destroyed in Return of the King. :nerd:
I know that was probably the most iconic moment for most.  But the moment that gets me is, "My friends... you bow to no one."

Users who are viewing this thread