What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Bernie voters support Clinton and she loses (1 Viewer)

PIK95

Footballguy
Say Bernie supporters like myself support Hillary, and she still loses as the polls currently indicate.  My question is will the Clinton supporters still be lecturing us or what?  Will they eat humble pie finally?  I hate starting a political thread but I wanted to talk about this one possible scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand. Why would you be lectured if you voted Clinton and she lost? What would be there to lecture you on?

Say Bernie supporters like myself support Hillary, and she still loses as the polls currently indicate.  My question is will the Clinton supporters still lecture us on what we should be doing with our vote or what?  I hate starting a political thread but I wanted to talk about this one possible scenario.
Everyone will always lecture everyone about what they should be doing with their vote. It's how elections work.  We engage each other in conversations about who we think other people should vote for and why we think that. It's a critically important part of the process.  I'm not sure why this is surprising to anyone.

I don't understand. Why would you be lectured if you voted Clinton and she lost? What would be there to lecture you on?
:goodposting:

But to continue on the discussion...
Trump chances of winning if Bernie supporters vote for Hillary 5% ....
Trumps chances of winning if Bernie supporters vote 3rd party 60% ..
If you are a democrat, really can't stand the idea of having Trump as President and would kick yourself for voting 3rd party, then vote accordingly....

I'm voting 3rd party as my conscience can't handle voting for either of them. :X

Only thing Clinton supporters should be saying to Sanders is, ''Sorry, would have liked to see who won a clean election.''

Say Bernie supporters like myself support Hillary, and she still loses as the polls currently indicate.  My question is will the Clinton supporters still lecture us on what we should be doing with our vote or what?  I hate starting a political thread but I wanted to talk about this one possible scenario.
Why would we lecture you on what to do with your vote after the election?

Of course.  I mean, people are still blaming Nader for Gore's shortcomings.  Anything to avoid looking at their position/candidate...deflect, deflect, deflect

The basic principle behind the "lecture" is that if the Democratic party chooses a centrist rather than a progressive, progressives in the party should support the centrist because the alternative will be far worse for their goals- at least if the centrist gets elected the progressives will get SOME of their goals. 

I would expect this argument to last beyond this election. 

overwhelming majority of the Bernbots on my social media sites are rocking the #neverHilary  and #Bernieorbust shtick to death

suffice to say, they are not even considering the cross over at this time 

:coffee:

overwhelming majority of the Bernbots on my social media sites are rocking the #neverHilary  and #Bernieorbust shtick to death

The ones on my social media sites migrated to Hillary weeks ago. As for the holdouts, they're already irrelevant.

If you are a democrat, really can't stand the idea of having Trump as President and would kick yourself for voting 3rd party, then vote accordingly....

I'm voting 3rd party as my conscience can't handle voting for either of them. :X
I'm with you and normally vote Republican, Trump is not my guy this time and I'm not voting for Hillary under any circumstance.

This seems like a fair place to bring this up, if Johnson gains enough steam with people thinking like both of us right now and grabs any electoral votes preventing 270 electoral votes from being reached from either Hillary or Donald, does a Republican controlled house really get to vote however they wish (e.g. the faithless vote from other than the 29 states legally bound to vote in the electoral college as voted in the state) if it's close between Hillary and Donald? If that's really the case, based on the DNC Leaks emails there's going to be a open contract on Johnson's head any day now if he starts to really gain momentum.

Yet the Washington Post poll suggests that 90% of Bernie supporters will vote for Hillary. 

More evidence that social media attracts the most extreme elements on either side. 

Yet the Washington Post poll suggests that 90% of Bernie supporters will vote for Hillary. 

More evidence that social media attracts the most extreme elements on either side. 
let's just say most of them on my feeds are so far left that they make Kucinich look like Barry Goldwater ...

another spin, at least a handful regularly identify as Republican - yet will not vote Trump, but would have voted Bernie - and now will sit out, or go Johnson  :shrug:

I'm with you and normally vote Republican, Trump is not my guy this time and I'm not voting for Hillary under any circumstance.

This seems like a fair place to bring this up, if Johnson gains enough steam with people thinking like both of us right now and grabs any electoral votes preventing 270 electoral votes from being reached from either Hillary or Donald, does a Republican controlled house really get to vote however they wish (e.g. the faithless vote from other than the 29 states legally bound to vote in the electoral college as voted in the state) if it's close between Hillary and Donald? If that's really the case, based on the DNC Leaks emails there's going to be a open contract on Johnson's head any day now if he starts to really gain momentum.
:eek: Do NOT want to even go there... Cannot imagine the :tfp: if that happens.

I'm not a "Gary" supporter per-say..
But I do agree with his stances on the issues more then Trump or Hillary combined... and since nolabels hasn't become an official party yet, instead of just "wasting" my presidential vote on no one, I'll be selecting Gary for this election.

Way too soon after the dnc leaks.  That wound is fresh.

Way too soon after the dnc leaks.  That wound is fresh.
true

but I had posted in the Bernie thread awhile back that these same folks were talking about mobilizing for Philly, and they sure as hell did.

this dissatisfaction for Hilary, and their undying ardor for Sanders, is freakishly legit.  

the leaks are stoking the fervor, no question, but they were 'desserters' from the git.

I love Bernie but what's done is done. Now we just sit back and watch this clown car come together.  For me it's all about the Supreme court.  Otherwise, I would vote Trump.  Things apparently need to hit rock bottom before people wake up.  That's seems to be what's happening in England anyway.

PIK95 said:
Say Bernie supporters like myself support Hillary, and she still loses as the polls currently indicate.  My question is will the Clinton supporters still be lecturing us or what?  Will they eat humble pie finally?  I hate starting a political thread but I wanted to talk about this one possible scenario.
Of course not.  If Trump wins we'll all come together as a nation and America will be great again.

PIK95 said:
This makes absolutely no sense.....Won't all democrats be eating humble pie because their mortal enemy called Trump will be in office?  Or better yet wouldn't you just call it a defeat and not eat anything?  Hopefully this thread dies quickly as it adds zero value to any discussion.

otb_lifer said:

They're still nursing a hangover from the campaign and frustration over him endorsing her. They'll snap out of it by November. It's too obvious that a Trump presidency cannot happen.

I only think you should be lectured if you:

A) Don't vote Hillary.

B) Trump wins.

c) Then you gripe and ##### about what President Trump is doing.

What HRC supporters should be saying to you now is to remind (or if you're a young Bernbot) you of the whole Bush/Gore/Nader Florida fiasco and how Gore lost by 500+ votes.....

This makes absolutely no sense.....Won't all democrats be eating humble pie because their mortal enemy called Trump will be in office?  Or better yet wouldn't you just call it a defeat and not eat anything?  Hopefully this thread dies quickly as it adds zero value to any discussion.
I'm not sure Trump is the Democrats mortal enemy.  He might be disliked by the rank and file Clintonistas...and then only because of who he running against, but I think the average Dem voter doesn't particularly hate him. 

point of reference, if I've seen this once, I've seen it a thousand times ... hate grabbing screenshots from 'followers/friends', but just wanted to give a visual  :shrug:

timschochet said:
The basic principle behind the "lecture" is that if the Democratic party chooses a centrist rather than a progressive, progressives in the party should support the centrist because the alternative will be far worse for their goals- at least if the centrist gets elected the progressives will get SOME of their goals. 

I would expect this argument to last beyond this election. 
It's not about this to me at all. I consider myself more of a centrist than a progressive. I supported Bernie because of who he is: an actual civil servant and all around decent person who wasn't afraid to question the power structure and call a spade a spade. He actually cares about the country and the voters. Hillary on the other hand comes across as superficial and phony. She runs according the polls and will do whatever is politically expedient. She is the arena for personal gain. She also has shown through the email scandal to have terrible judgment at a minimum and at worst paranoia and possibly corruption by wanting to shield communications from public records. Add to that her history of feeding greedily at the corporate trough and you end up with a very unattractive candidate regardless of her politics.

Users who are viewing this thread