What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Big Brother Thread*** No Spoilers Starts 7/6 (2 Viewers)

I think this will be a pretty bitter jury and won't vote for Paul no matter what
I think they will be more mad at themselves than Paul.  They are always bitter when they initially leave.
I always remember the very first Survivor series. There was a girl up against Rich in the final vote. Everyone assumed that the girl would win because everybody hated gay Rich. But just about everyone voted for Rich because they said that he played the game better. I feel the same way about Paul. He has simply out-played everyone. May or may not win it in the end, but he has definitely played the best game.

I always remember the very first Survivor series. There was a girl up against Rich in the final vote. Everyone assumed that the girl would win because everybody hated gay Rich. But just about everyone voted for Rich because they said that he played the game better. I feel the same way about Paul. He has simply out-played everyone. May or may not win it in the end, but he has definitely played the best game.
Kelly Wigglesworth!!

I always assumed people would vote in these types of shows for the better game players. Russel Hantz is one guy that pretty much dominated Survivor, maybe twice IIRC, and pissed people off so much that he didn't come close in the jury votes. It just depends on what the individuals on the jury value more in gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that could make this season awesome is for Kevin to win the veto, send home Josh, then beat Paul and Christmas in the final HoH, send home Paul, and beat Christmas because everyone thought he was playing a super shady genius game behind the scenes/under the radar when he was really just clueless.  
I'm holding on to the tiny % chance that Kevin is pulling a Keyser Soze move. In his final speech to the jury, he drops the Boston accent to reveal he's actually an acting coach from Britain.

I agree 100%, but over the years the juries on BB and Survivor have become more and more bitter

They haven't shown the jury ranch in a while, but when they do there seems to be an acceptance that Paul played a great game.  Once the initial shock subsides, Alex and Jason will feel the same. 

Mr.Pack said:
I think this will be a pretty bitter jury and won't vote for Paul no matter what
Just reinforces what a bunch of idiots they are - nobody even comes close to deserving it over him - especially among this final 4.

Wife just watched - I think Paul just screwed up.  He should have let Kevin send Xmas home.
I thought the same thing - if he REALLY wanted to win, that's what he would've done.  I'm honestly not sure his logic. 

Paul v. Kevin v. Josh - Very small chance Paul loses the HOH, if he does, Kevin won't pick Josh over Paul, and vice versa.  very small chance Paul loses in jury vs. any of them.

Paul v. Josh v. Xmas - Still a small chance Paul loses the HOH, but Xmas >>> Kevin.  If he does lose HOH, Xmas and Josh are far far more likely to choose each other over Paul.  Paul may lose in jury vs. Xmas...may...doubtful, but possible. 

The bolded comment...That's the big one. 

Yea I don't see Paul losing the HOH to Josh.  I am assuming Xmas won't even be allowed to play in at least a portion of the comp so she's not going to win.

Would have been nice to see Kevin at least try and plead a case for himself.

There are two scenarios here.

1) Paul is going to convince both of them to throw the comps and he'll guarantee he takes each of them to the final.

2) Paul throws the HOH and convinces each of them they will win the game if Paul is sitting next to them in the final so he gets no blood on his hands for voting out the last person.

If I was Paul, I'd ask them both to self-evict so that he can win the $500K. "Trust me"  At this point, there's a chance that Josh and Xmas would say yes. 

Raven thing last night was funny even before she said that she was the puppet master running the house.  "Who do you still trust in the house?" "Paul"  WTF??

There are two scenarios here.

1) Paul is going to convince both of them to throw the comps and he'll guarantee he takes each of them to the final.

2) Paul throws the HOH and convinces each of them they will win the game if Paul is sitting next to them in the final so he gets no blood on his hands for voting out the last person.
Problem is Josh is onto Paul's tactics so if Josh agrees to that, I can see Josh taking Xmas to the Finals with the logic.. but then we are talking about Josh.

Xmas' and Josh's best chance to win I think is to take each other to the finals.  This is too important for Paul's game to throw the final HOH comp

Thought we had a 24 hour rule.
I thought once it aired, it's fair game.  I seem to recall the no spoilers were to avoid people watching the feeds and posting POV winners before CBS aired.  Also, to avoid someone updating the thread title with POV and HOH  which isn't even an issue now that sub-titles are gone. 

Problem is Josh is onto Paul's tactics so if Josh agrees to that, I can see Josh taking Xmas to the Finals with the logic.. but then we are talking about Josh.

Xmas' and Josh's best chance to win I think is to take each other to the finals.  This is too important for Paul's game to throw the final HOH comp
Oh I'm not saying either of my scenarios make sense at all, it's just how this season has been going so those wouldn't surprise me at all. I agree that Paul needs to win HOH himself. Maybe he'll just ask the other two which one should deserve to go and then evict themselves so he doesn't have to choose.

That's a new one on me - if that's what we are trying to do, my apologies.
The no spoiler tag in title is because of all the BB After Dark watchers giving stuff away before it airs.   Once it airs on the actual show it's no longer a "spoiler" in here.  How would a discussion in this thread even happen if it wasn't comments on the latest episode?

Yea I don't see Paul losing the HOH to Josh.  I am assuming Xmas won't even be allowed to play in at least a portion of the comp so she's not going to win.

Would have been nice to see Kevin at least try and plead a case for himself.
I thought he brought up a nice case to Paul based on what CBS aired.  

And I really think Paul screwed up.  He still is the favorite to win, but if he was against Kev and Josh he would be nearly a lock right now.

Paul must have thought he was sending a for sure Paul vote to the jury house, whereas if he screwed Xmas last night she could flip and vote for Josh against Paul.  Paul has done alot of good things manipulating these people, so "kindly, with tears" sending Xmas to jury next would just be icing on the cake for his season.  I could still see him taking her though.

Josh told Xmas straight up that he was taking her.  She did not return the favor, saying she was still undecided.  I think that conversation was pretty genuine, but could still change.

The Friday night show helps reaffirm my plan to not watch next season.

Getting to see Josh's antics, how production effed things up with Paul's 3 weeks of immunity (you can never convince me that wasn't production), and of course this scripted flashback session.  It's just so damn bad.

Of course, that's all before it got to the Rainbow unicorns with the players hanging on to ropes out of the unicorn's ### and rainbow colored fart clouds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Statorama said:
CBS, quit trying to portray Josh as anything but a raging d-bag of the highest order.  No one is buying the Josh edit you're selling.
Bang some pans!!  If him and mark did get into it.  Josh should have been the one to go.

I can't believe this is the final 3.  If only Raven was a better puppet master!!

Bang some pans!!  If him and mark did get into it.  Josh should have been the one to go.

I can't believe this is the final 3.  If only Raven was a better puppet master!!
If I had to place a bet in the first 2 weeks on who would be in the final 3...these would have probably been the last 3 I would have picked. 

Paul-how these morons were duped the entire time is beyond me.  After his free pass he should have gone up no matter who the HOH was.

Josh- day 1 he was freaking out and grabbed that golden apple to save himself for the week.  Since then he's been there 12 more weeks?!?!?!  I do think he has grown up a good bit, but it could just be editing.

Christmas- Only there because she broke her foot.  She almost didn't last a night in the house.  Looking back, we should have known this was a group of morons when they had a chance to get a Cross Fit "Champion" out of the house before she was even allowed to compete.  But nope, the dweeby superfan made them all nervous. 

:wall:

I just want everyone to know that you can break your foot riding a balding rodeo clown like an idiot, then sit in a house for 14 weeks if you just set your mind to it.   :cry:

So Paul thinks Josh was a coward and putting the blame on him with his comments to the evicted houseguest? Wasn't he the guy that never wanted to get blood n his hands?

Users who are viewing this thread