What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Big Brother Thread*** No Spoilers Starts 7/6 (4 Viewers)

Not nominating them both is over thinking nonsense and feels like more production manipulation to me.

After years of watching this show...I'd be hard pressed to believe this "temptation" nonsense this season isn't just a blatant production scheme so they can script this entire season to go down the way they want it.

Can't stand Paul...now he's back and given a THREE WEEK pass?  Unreal.

But Christmas gets the wonderful honor of a one week veto comp?

This whole damn show being steered Paul's direction just sets me off from the get go.
Yeah, the Paul thing is pretty damn blatant.  I get it, he's good TV and the whole beard and tattoos thing allow for a whole "anti-model-type" on the show.

But...back to game play.  I get the backdoor plan Paul was trying.  You try and eliminate every avenue to Cody playing in the veto competition.  If you nominate Jessica and she gets "Houseguest Choice" he plays.  If you nominate him, he plays. 

Won't be sorry to see Cody go, but I hate the producers putting a 'thumb on the scale' to make it happen.  Cody is just another in a LONG line of former BB players who were totally fine when they were in control or had numbers but had zero understanding of how to play the game when they didn't.  When Paul showed off the HOH room, it was the perfect opportunity for Cody to address the house guests and just say something like "Hey look, I know I've been a jerk and I want to apologize for that...it's a game and sometimes it gets the best of you.  Heck, I even hate losing Monopoly....I took a swing at the most dangerous player in the game and I whiffed.  You know what they say about taking a shot at the king...you better hit! But more than anything, Josh, I owe you a public apology.  Sorry for the things I said and if you'd like to come talk one on one after this that's cool with me.  Overall, not looking for votes or sympathy or anything...I know what's what...let's just have a nice chill week with no drama.  Everybody up for a no drama week?  I know I am".  Then you spend the next few days playing the "just trying to get to know you" card.

It's especially crazy because they are a pair.  ONE OF YOU IS STAYING.  Don't do stuff that sets BOTH of you up to go down in flames.

In closing, why the hell did he put up Christmas in the first place?  Why not Ramses?

RBM said:
HOH room scene was funny. This Cody is one of the weirdest guys to ever be on this show. 
the music they added in was great.

I watched that scene on BBAD and it was even more awkward when Jessica came in there and starting hugging cody while they stood there and said nothing. Why the hell even go in there if you are just going to stand there and look pissed off.

Watching Cody and Jessica on the live stream is brutal. They've isolated themselves and sit around moping/crying. Maybe I'm different, but I'd try to enjoy myself if I only had a few days left in the house. It's just a game. 

Watching Cody and Jessica on the live stream is brutal. They've isolated themselves and sit around moping/crying. Maybe I'm different, but I'd try to enjoy myself if I only had a few days left in the house. It's just a game. 
Every year it seems like somebody ends up in this situation - how ####### stupid do you have to be to allow yourself to have this happen to you?  They must make the contestants take an IQ test before they come on the show - you must be this stupid to ride this ride.

I've only watched the last 4 or 5 seasons, but why the hell is Jessica just giving up?  This is her chance to separate herself from Cody and start aligning with the side of the house that isn't in Pauls pocket. 

But, she's a #######. 

Overall I do like how this season has gone.  We're recent cord cutters and figured out CBS makes you buy the "all access app" to watch the episodes.  So we tune into the feeds from time to time now.  We tried to do the feeds a few years ago but nothing ever happened.  This year there is a house rule that's no sleeping between 10am-10pm.  I think thats made for some good TV.   Kevin is hilarious. 

I've only watched the last 4 or 5 seasons, but why the hell is Jessica just giving up?  This is her chance to separate herself from Cody and start aligning with the side of the house that isn't in Pauls pocket. 

But, she's a #######. 

Overall I do like how this season has gone.  We're recent cord cutters and figured out CBS makes you buy the "all access app" to watch the episodes.  So we tune into the feeds from time to time now.  We tried to do the feeds a few years ago but nothing ever happened.  This year there is a house rule that's no sleeping between 10am-10pm.  I think thats made for some good TV.   Kevin is hilarious. 
Yeah, not sure what the dust up was between Jessica and Christmas after the eviction vote the other night? I think Jessica is head over heals for Cody and thinks her sticking by him now will lead to something outside the house. 

(and with that post, I just realized I turned into a 13 year old girl)

So why was Ramses not playing along and making himself a bigger target?  
Elena just motorboated (or reverse motorboated?) Ramses.   At first he shied away, but then said ok. She lifted up her shirt and gave him a double D smash.  

Is Urkel straight?
I didn't think so. There were 4 or 5 house guests in one of the bedrooms. Ramses was laying on one of the beds. Not sure what the conversation was, but Elena approached the bed and started to lift her shirt. Ramses pulled the covers over his head. Kevin then said, "you never turn down a woman's nipple".  He responded "OK" and she obliged. 

If he was on the fence, that should push him over the edge. 

KCitons said:
Elena just motorboated (or reverse motorboated?) Ramses.   At first he shied away, but then said ok. She lifted up her shirt and gave him a double D smash.  
That's hot.

Except for Ramses.

Yea, I don't get why you even go on the show if you're there just to be an ######.

so can anyone explain the votes for Ramses last night?  The only thing i can think of was they were purposely throwing votes his way to put blame on someone else.  Like i was shocked Xmas voted for ramses. 

so can anyone explain the votes for Ramses last night?  The only thing i can think of was they were purposely throwing votes his way to put blame on someone else.  Like i was shocked Xmas voted for ramses. 
That was my assumption and I think it's a great play - she knew he was going home, throw a vote to Ramses and see if you can use it to your advantage.  After what had transpired with Cody no one would ever think she'd not vote for him.  Kevin is either inadvertently playing a great game or he's really smart.  He should be safe for a really long time unless he screws up.

We chromecast from cbs.com. They usually post the latest episode a few hours after airing.
Maybe Chromecast is different, but I've checked up until 11pm the night of the last 2 episodes and that nights hasn't been available. 

Its only mildly frustrating, we typically keep up with the feeds and the episodes are just recaps anyways. 

If one of Jess, Alex, Kevin, Jason, Ramses wins HOH, they need to put up from the Mark/Elena/Josh/Dom/Matt/Raven group.    

Jason, Ramses, Kevin, Jessica, Alex, Xmas (?) voting block would have the numbers for the vote.  

I like Kevin, hopefully he stays for awhile.   

That was my assumption and I think it's a great play - she knew he was going home, throw a vote to Ramses and see if you can use it to your advantage.  After what had transpired with Cody no one would ever think she'd not vote for him.  Kevin is either inadvertently playing a great game or he's really smart.  He should be safe for a really long time unless he screws up.
Kevin is pretty smooth.  He hasn't really allied with anyone yet.  He needs to pick a side sooner rather than later. 

When Pauls safety goes things will really get good.  The way he plays though, he might already have everyone in his pocket scared to make a move against him. 

i suspect Dominique is the target they will pin those votes on.

Maybe Chromecast is different, but I've checked up until 11pm the night of the last 2 episodes and that nights hasn't been available. 

Its only mildly frustrating, we typically keep up with the feeds and the episodes are just recaps anyways. 
I should note that I'm in CA so the episodes are up for us by 9:30-10PM that same night. YMMV

I like Paul, and I think he is very entertaining, but after last season I am starting to get tired of him. I would like to see him go and let the rest of these people fight it out. I think it would be real interesting if there wasn't a veteran in the group. I would like to see all these newbies figure it out fir themselves. I really think Paul is a tool of the producers to help generate drama and push the narrative of the show the way they want. If they want Dominique to be brought into the light, they call Paul into the DR and talk to him about Dominique. 

Just my two cents. 

I like Paul, and I think he is very entertaining, but after last season I am starting to get tired of him. I would like to see him go and let the rest of these people fight it out. I think it would be real interesting if there wasn't a veteran in the group. I would like to see all these newbies figure it out fir themselves. I really think Paul is a tool of the producers to help generate drama and push the narrative of the show the way they want. If they want Dominique to be brought into the light, they call Paul into the DR and talk to him about Dominique. 

Just my two cents. 
Yeah, its such a huge advantage to have a vet come back.  I get it that Paul is entertaining, but he had is chance.  I kind of figured it would scare CBS not to bring back a vet this year after Nicole won it last year. 

That was not trying.  You walk your ### through each scene.  Get all answers wrong and sit for 5 minutes before you hit the button. 
Yep, some of their challenges have a "slaughter rule" kind of thing where they have an idiot proof time limit (one like this probably had an hour)

Yea, I don't get why you even go on the show if you're there just to be an ######.
One of my favorite dynamics on the show is when someone who is usually in control IRL goes into the house and loses a great deal of control in a short period of time.  Some people shift gears right away, but most are like Cody who pout because their plan isn't working.

Cody's play was the right one.  Right person to backdoor, right time to do it.  CBS...er, I mean "the public"....gave Paul a magical BB superpower where he can't be nominated over the next 3 evictions, which blew up Cody's plan.  Even with the mind-numbingly poor decision to put up Christmas, he had some windows to do damage control that he just didn't take (easiest is "I want Jillian gone, I had to put up someone that I knew the house wouldn't vote out...they love you...when you get in that situation and you have to put me up in the same way, I'll understand" and then very publicly try and garner "stay" votes for Christmas..."you guys are all voting to keep Christmas, right?")

Christmas is back after her surgery.

She had 10 broken bones in her foot. They installed a few pins. The biggest concern is that she will need to have another surgery and her career may be in jeopardy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
10? That's bananas.
We didn't get a a good look at the fall, but did Jason fall on top of her foot too? 
How does a champion crossfitter have bones that brittle unless it's hit with a sledgehammer? 

One of my favorite dynamics on the show is when someone who is usually in control IRL goes into the house and loses a great deal of control in a short period of time.  Some people shift gears right away, but most are like Cody who pout because their plan isn't working.

Cody's play was the right one.  Right person to backdoor, right time to do it.  CBS...er, I mean "the public"....gave Paul a magical BB superpower where he can't be nominated over the next 3 evictions, which blew up Cody's plan.  Even with the mind-numbingly poor decision to put up Christmas, he had some windows to do damage control that he just didn't take (easiest is "I want Jillian gone, I had to put up someone that I knew the house wouldn't vote out...they love you...when you get in that situation and you have to put me up in the same way, I'll understand" and then very publicly try and garner "stay" votes for Christmas..."you guys are all voting to keep Christmas, right?")
Cody did make the right move, and even after he nominated Paul and was rejected by the pendant, he easily could have put up someone from the other side of the house. Sure, Paul would have been pissed, but Cody still would have had Mark, Elena, Matt, Raven, Jessica and Dominique on his side. He would have had to do a little damage control with his allies, but that is easily explained by pointing out that Paul is a strong vet who came in second last season and that he thought it is only fair that a vet get voted out so all the new people can play a season without vet interference. 

It was when he put Christmas up, who, like Paul, was supppsrd to be a part of their side, that his loyalty was put in question. You can talk your way out if Paul, but nominating two allied people in the first week? How do you trust someone like that. 

Plus, when you're the type of person that would lose a personality contest to a rock, you can't afford to alienate people.

Users who are viewing this thread