What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears DST vs Rams Week 14: What's your plan? (1 Viewer)

I know this is a week 14 thread, but thoughts on week 15 vs GB?? 

I'm debating both Dallas (@indy) and DET (@BUF).

DropKick said:
My plan was always to earn a bye.
That was my plan as well, but losing the last 3 weeks by a total of 5.7 points hurt!  Lost 1 match by 0.06 pts! 

Now torn between NOS & BUF ...while sitting Chi this week. 

My alternative is Dallas D. Not liking that one too much. 

I don't see anyone recommending benching any LAR players because they play Chicago? 

This is one of those scenarios where possibly Chicago D does quite well, but the LAR do quite well too. Maybe a pick 6? I'll roll with Chicago. 

I'm benching Goff and starting Mayfield
Interesting. I suppose I might bench Goff too if I had a good replacement

I'm extremely thankful for a week 14 bye in my redraft/keeper so I don't have to bench Goff. 

But this goes to the point, why bench Chicago Defense and Goff? Surely one of them will do well. I think both will be okay plays. Unless you have a good/proven alternative, you're best just going with the guys who got you there.

I am likely benching Corey Davis, although I really don't want to, due to his matchup. I've always stuck with the idea to play the guys in the playoffs you usually play. But for some reason I'm wavering on Davis... so naturally he will score 2 TDs

my fear is this

Gurley is going to be running the game, Goff isn't going to throw 300 or more than 2 TD's IMO ..... its not going to be high scoring IMO and the player with the most fantasy point will be Gurley

CHI Def without INT's and pick 6's is a good defense, not great

Chargers have a good DEF too, and they are going to feast on Driskel at home and the CIN lethargic offense

Now, Mayfield .... he goes against a porous CAR defense, he's going to throw the ball and he's got Landry and Higgins and Chubb and Duke and Callway and Njoku ... who BTW had two long TD"s taken away last week by a penalty and fumble ....

Mayfield is primed for a 350 yard, 2-3 TD game IMO

So Mayfield over Goff, Chargers over CHI ........... and I'm doing that in a $250 entry league. I could be wrong - we'll see

My alternative is Dallas D. Not liking that one too much. 

I don't see anyone recommending benching any LAR players because they play Chicago? 

This is one of those scenarios where possibly Chicago D does quite well, but the LAR do quite well too. Maybe a pick 6? I'll roll with Chicago. 
Bears are a very good overall D, but their biggest strength is their run game. And obviously no one is benching Gurley.

I have Cooks and haven't had a moment's hesitation about starting him. I suppose I would feel the same way about Woods.

The consensus on Goff this week seems to be that he's not a terrible option, but you might have something better.

But yeah, I think the overall risk profile for all these guys is raised a big across the board. Just not enough to bump the truly elite guys out of their customary spots.

would you start Mayfield ? over goff
I think I would, mostly because Mayfield has a great matchup (Carolina is in freefall) and Goff has been very up and down. It seems to depend on their game plan, and I could see this one being much more like the Lions game than the Chiefs game. But I think they're fairly close; both low-end QB1s.

would you start Mayfield ? over goff
While I don't have either, I see Mayfield as having a good matchup vs a soft CAR Def that cannot get out of their own way (especially on the Road!)....Goff will be "stable" if not spectacular with the Gurley Run game controlling the flow.  Mayfield will also be able to get some good scramble yards vs CAR.    

CAR Def is #7 easiest for QB on Year, but #2 easiest since Week 7.   Chi is #29 easiest for QB (or #4 toughest) but #14 for WR. 

I am starting B Cook without hesitation.  But I am not starting Chi Def.   

I can see a low scoring game here... something like 21-17 LAR  (Line is something like LAR -3 & O/U 52)

But since this is PLAYOFFS, I cannot trust Chi Def to score like they did earlier...  (#1 Def/ST avg 15 /wk in my league)...  Torn between BUFF or NOS....

That was my plan as well, but losing the last 3 weeks by a total of 5.7 points hurt!  Lost 1 match by 0.06 pts! 

Now torn between NOS & BUF ...while sitting Chi this week. 
I initially picked up the NOS defense ... but don’t trust them on the road, Against a team that can put up points.

Dropped them for the Bills earlier today.

Bears D on the bench.

I was wrong - Chargers DEF didn't show up much, and Mayfield played very well but didn't have great fantasy numbers ....

lsufan said:
this is why you don't bench the bears def lol
Great game, great defense

I'm still okay having benched them for the Giants. :)

But yeah, they get the start the rest of the way.

But yeah, they get the start the rest of the way.
Hard to sit after last night. Dominant.

That said, they now face an A. Rodgers who hasn't thrown a pick in how many passes? He's not going to throw 4 away like Goff.

I picked up DET (@BUF) so I'm going to be tormented most of the week with this decision.

Welp, the "experts" who had the Bears ranked in the 20s this week almost got to me, but my gut was actually right for once.

So glad that game was in Chicago. Rams just seemed like that west coast high-flying offense that might have some trouble out in the cold.

starting Chargers over Bears (which were projected about equal points in MFL ) very likely cost me

over thought it ....

starting Chargers over Bears (which were projected about equal points in MFL ) very likely cost me

over thought it ....
Starting Buffalo vs Turn Over machine Darnold was projected Top 3 Def (projected 15 pts in my league).  Sitting my Bears Def (projected 1.1 pts) cost me the 1st round of playoffs!   Like Kramer... "I'm out!"

Buffalo Def = 6 pts 

Chicago Def = 25 pts

I picked up Washington weeks ago just to avoid the CHI vs. LAR matchup, and I felt even better about that with OBJ out for the week vs Wash.  Oof.   -1.2 for Washington, while Chicago had 26.1 pts.  

But, my team is so stacked otherwise I still managed to pull out the win so a huge WHEW! this week. 

I'm sorry I doubted you Bears.  Please don't punish me for it next week when I will start you without hesitation.

Lot of 20/20 hindsight going on in this thread. If you started them, congrats. If you didn't, and especially if it cost you your week, that sucks, but I don't think you made the wrong decision. The argument against starting them wasn't that a result like last night was impossible, it was that the downside risk (negative points) was unacceptably high. 

Good process sometimes leads to bad results.

Starting Buffalo vs Turn Over machine Darnold was projected Top 3 Def (projected 15 pts in my league).  Sitting my Bears Def (projected 1.1 pts) cost me the 1st round of playoffs!   Like Kramer... "I'm out!"

Buffalo Def = 6 pts 

Chicago Def = 25 pts
Goff in 2 years has never thrown more than 2 INT's and I think he's only done that 4 times ...... much less 3, much less 4

This week, the best Defense was way, way better than one of the best Offenses.

Users who are viewing this thread