What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (1 Viewer)

just posted this in the concerts/live-music thread...

just got this news... some of you from the other music threads might remember that my non-IDLES favorite band is Parquet Courts and that floppinho- who I've linked playing music with his NYC chapter of School of Rock- was part of the kid's chorus doing backing vocals on one of the songs off their last album, Wide Awake ("death will bring change"). 

wife calls me (while I'm in the middle of a meeting) to tell me that the band wants the kids to sing with them in central park summer stage on june 8th. 

still in the working-out stages of it all- but would be pretty ####### great if this happened.
it's ON.

PQ this saturday, headlining summer stage in central park. the kids go on somewhere around 9:30. 

we get one back-stage chaperone pass... the wife is already fighting me on it ("you'll do better out in the gen-admission audience than me"... "but you don't even know who this band is! ... sniff...sniff... they're my very favorites!")

it's ON.

PQ this saturday, headlining summer stage in central park. the kids go on somewhere around 9:30. 

we get one back-stage chaperone pass... the wife is already fighting me on it ("you'll do better out in the gen-admission audience than me"... "but you don't even know who this band is! ... sniff...sniff... they're my very favorites!")
That's awesome!

Congrats to your son (and you should definitely insist on the chaperone pass :)  ).

it's ON.

She’s not wrong about gen pop. 

Apex Manor is the current project of Ross Flournoy.  His old band The Broken West put out a couple of albums I liked about a decade ago.

The new record is solid rock that doesn't do anything new but does everything pretty well.  It's kind of like Nada Surf fronted by 1995 Mark Lanegan but not really.

The Long Goodbye

new acoustic superchunk album out. I liked the acoustic versions they did of a couple songs from the last album (loved that album)... at first listen, this one isn't grabbing me the way those did. 
In keeping with my usual shtick about just talking about #### from the 90's, the og Foolish album is really awesome. Will be intrigued by this.

New KG&tLW is bonkers as usual. 
just listening to it now. they're so all over the place, I can't remember if they've done this kind of death-metal thing before. love it.
every time it plays on my playlist, I stop what I'm doing and :headbang: .   I can't explain how much I love this song. self-immolate.

and also pretty much loving all of the new Titus Andronicus. while White Reaper went more slick/produced, TA went backwards. it's like they've taken bits of THS songwriting and just let it rip. 

Desert Sands .. this is a cool little psych rock EP I got turned onto last week from a tweet, and I've gotten into a bit

think early Black Angels with some baby-David-Gilmour-like extended jamming

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not getting much out of this Last Crack so far, but good to see them at it

"Burning Time" has stood the test of zilla time to still be one of my favorite tracks ever, who knows why, just my #### I guess
I still love that album and the debut as well.  Agree on the new one.  Would still love to see them live.

I follow Christopher Owens on Twitter. He doesn't seem like he's in a good way.
Just tossing up some pictures of randos on a BART, and a hobo with his pants down.  

I used to follow him.  He was always pretty head-scratchey, at some point I must have found it pointless

Dude I just saw something about “throwing in the towel” and lost the tweet. I think he deleted it? Get Girls back together. 
I think it's the h. 😕

Blake Schwarzenbach agreed to get Jawbreaker back together because he said he literally could not get hired as a dogwalker in NY. He also had a pretty scary episode where he was considering suicide. They're a band that I legit hopes lines their pockets well and cashes in.

I follow Christopher Owens on Twitter. He doesn't seem like he's in a good way.
Just tossing up some pictures of randos on a BART, and a hobo with his pants down.  

I used to follow him.  He was always pretty head-scratchey, at some point I must have found it pointless
One of the pictures from May 31 looks like it was taken at 5th and Folsom (the bus shelter photo where you can see the photographer's reflection)

I fail to see what separates that from Pantera meets Taking Back Sunday meets The Far East Movement and Dev meets modern trap, all things I might love given my mood. Why not together? 

The breakdowns at 1:19 and 2:46 are just sick. MOAR!

Last edited by a moderator:
after a few spins, really liking the Gotobed's new album, debt begins at 30. at a guess, the last song is a collaboration with downtown boys, or at least their spanish speaking/yelling lead singer. wub.

after a few spins, really liking the Gotobed's new album, debt begins at 30. at a guess, the last song is a collaboration with downtown boys, or at least their spanish speaking/yelling lead singer. wub.
This is good.  Guests galore and they are bringing it.

I was complaining about Pittsburgh during our dorky football draft.. here's a good group to keep in mind

I'm enjoying One Last Time by Hollerado.

They're definitely that guitar based, singalong vocals, indie rock radio friendly genre that seems to only still be popular in Canada (Tokyo Police Club, Born Ruffians, Sloan, Arkells, etc...). They're releasing their last album tomorrow, hence the title of the lead single.

cave ins really working for me.  some failure vibes.  new chon is good on first listen. happy summer noodles.

my RR wasn't so hot this week.

most interesting thing was somethign that didn't quite work, but got me thinking. somebody/thing called culture abuse took a lil' ugly mane hip hop tune and did a dub version of it. I don't think I've ever heard a dub version of a hip-hop tune...and it seems so obviously a good idea, even if this particular one didn't quite work for me. it's probably already been done to death, and this :getoffmylawn: guy just doesn't know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread