What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (2 Viewers)

They did two versions of Have A Cigar,  this one with Taylor Hawkins on vox and they also did it with Brian May and that was, to me, painful.  

I like this one though, and I don't think it's exactly an un-####-withable tune 

This was all late nineties I guess?  I mostly have enjoyed Foo covers

Last edited by a moderator:
OK AWOLNATION just covered "Drive", and it's way worse than FF

I like Aaron Bruno but he has some trouble making sad songs sound sad

Last coversy thing from me for now, Trampled By Turtles' new EP Sigourney Fever is solid, especially "Our Town" which I had never heard before

The Who released a new album.
Word is they were pimping it on NFL Network this morning

Gonna go ahead and say no thanks
It's not terrible :shrug:   I think it's pretty much on par with their other post-Moon albums.  Daltrey's voice sounds great and Townshend knows what goes into a Who song.  There are only a couple of clunkers among the 14 songs over a 57 minute running time.

They've only released two studio albums in the last 37 years so Pete and Rog will be in their 90s when the spirit moves them again.  If this is their swansong, they're going out in decent form.

Detour takes the opening of My Generation and the rhythm of Magic Bus and adds a synth bridge from Empty Glass era Townshend.  It comes together better than you'd think.

My top artist of Spring was Yngwie!  Makes sense I guess since I made a bomb ### playlist

Summer, Peter Gabriel, same deal

ZIllartist of the year: Pile

Most played song of the year: Feet 🦶 

still leading off my playlist
more like Spring-vay, amirite?

haven't had time to dive in, but check out Eddy Current Suppression Ring....first new album in a loooong time from godfather's of Aussie post punk renaissance
:kicksrock:

I'm a few into it...not great.
First album in about a decade.

I'll give it another spin, but really disappointed at first listen.

Eta...I don't remember which one, but one of theirs is one of my favorite albums this century. So expectations were pretty high for this new one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Way late on this but I’m a fan. Some nice guitaring. Riyl Devo, Talking Heads, Ought, Clinic. 
There's a postpunk subset of bands like this now, jangly/rhythmically jerky, guitar and bass driven with off kilter harmonies... Omni, Bodega, uranium club, and I'm spacing on a few others... I like them all

Users who are viewing this thread