What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 End of Year Song Draft - Rounds 3/4 today - 1975 eligible, 2012 not. (1 Viewer)

Last Badflower song, I promise.  Their album, "OK, I'm Sick" is my favorite for AOTY.  I'm madly in love with at least 9 of the songs off the album.  It's so hard to choose which one to present.

Going with their most viewed song on YT.

18.x - Ghost by Badflower (But also check out The Jester, Girlfriend, Heroin, Promise Me and Wide Eyes...)

J

(17) Say Sue Me - At The End Of The Road 

I saw these kids last night.  Big fan of their guitarist since Eephus first dropped them in here last year.  I don't know what they're saying but this track feels like a proper send-off to our oceans 🥂

(18) Volbeat feat. Neil Fallon - Die To Live

A little face rocker with the Clutch guy

And I guess I'm done here, I'm reaching a bit and about to head out of town.. looking forward to the mix in full.. thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys- been slammed at the new job and without desktop computer spotify, so barely able to skim and without time to dig through on the phone for picks of my own or make responsive comments.

Have enjoyed seeing a bunch of tunes and bands that were on my short and long lists and really looking forward to hitting that playlist to catch the rest that I don't know. I definitely have a bumch left to throw out there. So...a couple easy ones from bands that got picked in the first draft;

13am.... The way it goes- sneaks

13pm.... Cut- superchunk

14am.... Thin air- wand

14pm.... Get along- sports team

15am.... Offense- little simz

start your Friday with some rap:

18.lo - Top Shotta - Loasteeze ft. A-F-R-O

"What more can I say? We rock Finland"

19.dj - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8OE8kg7DoQ - DJ Shadow and friends

"And the rich get richer
And we get whatever the rich get sick of
And each year, we diggin' a ditch, get bigger
You eat #### for dinner, your ##### get thicker"

omg.... First new album in years out today from one of my favorite Aussie bands (thanks Spotify rr)... Will likely/hopefully be adding a tune to this after a listen or four.

I skipped it for my FIDLAR pick earlier in this draft because the single was released in 2018, but I agree, great song.
I hadn't realized that until I went to link to the YT video and saw the date it was posted.  It gave me a moments pause, but my love for the song overcame my reticence.

J

I'm having a hard time understanding how this band is still available at this point in the draft?  This is another artist I would not have discovered were it not for the  generosity of those kind posters who frequent threads like these.

Clear your calendars, gentlemen.  You're about to experience 21 minutes of rock and roll ecstasy.

10.x Henchlock by the Oh Sees

J
dammit, i thought i was going to the win the longest song award.

19.dj - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8OE8kg7DoQ - DJ Shadow and friends

"And the rich get richer
And we get whatever the rich get sick of
And each year, we diggin' a ditch, get bigger
You eat #### for dinner, your ##### get thicker"
I thought this was another one of those song titles like S01E02.Return.Of.The.Arsonist.720p.HDTV.x264 from the mid-year draft

I've finally settled on my last pick.  This one is probably the hardest because there are still other artists/albums I'd like to pimp more (Reignwolf, The Heavy, Speilbergs, Schizophonics, etc) but I've only got one selection left and it's going to AJR.  Their album is super theatrical but I really enjoy it.  They've had a couple of songs get airplay, but I'm going with one that feels like a good ending to this endeavor.

20.x - Karma by AJR

You all did good this year!  Thanks for the tunes.

J

I gotta tell ya.  I've got a playlist of all the songs drafted this year (both mid and year end) and there isn't a stinker in the bunch.  Still just working my way through all the new stuff, but this is a hell of a playlist.

Thanks, NV!

J

20.mi - Nothing is Wrong - Mike Posner

I still can't tell if this guy is a ######## and a poseur or not, but this song feels really genuine and any time you reference ram dass, you're gonna get points from me.
Sounds like a very genuine song. I remember his song from years back. Apparently it took him a journey where he might have found something he couldn't bear any longer. 

eta* His lament about treadmills is probably misplaced, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:
Sounds like a very genuine song. I remember his song from years back. Apparently it took him a journey where he might have found something he couldn't bear any longer. 

eta* His lament about treadmills is probably misplaced, though.
seeing as he then went out and like walked all the way across the country this year and got bit by a snake on the way and almost died, he might have a more sanguine outlook regarding treadmills now.

Users who are viewing this thread