What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (1 Viewer)

I am still working my way though the live album Jeff Rosentock just dropped.  McCafferty is up after that (I expect to be let down based on the singles - we'll see)...then I'll give White Reaper a spin - I liked a single I heard on my RR a few weeks ago. Hopefully I get to that before the new Beach Slang drops, as I can see that one being an earworm. 
Jeff Rosenstock - Thanks, Sorry! (live) = :doublethumbsupemoji:

McCafferty - The House With No Doors = umm, ok, I guess?  I am fans of this crew, and I was expecting worse

White Reaper = in my wheelhouse (I had previously jListed a single from this album)

White Reaper!
Listened to this one yesterday.  Recognized "Might Be Right" from the song draft done earlier this year.  Definitely my type of music.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Eephus said:
Corridor is a Montreal guitar band with a record on Sub Pop that manages to be both driving and dreamy.  They sing their songs in French which might be a turn off for some but for me it adds a certain je ne sais quoi to their sound.

Domino
Digested this one one my walk today.  A very pleasant listen.  Nothing jumped out as an immediate win, but I enjoyed it enough to keep it in my rotation to see if anything grows on me.  Much appreciated!

J

I'm just getting into this artist now.  Looks like he's released mostly singles/EPs.  Came across this song a few weeks back and it got an immediate "Thumbs up" from me.  It's slowly become my current earworm that I can't seem to shake.  I wake up every morning itching to hear it again.

I recently watched the video during my attempt to share the song.  Fascinating and disturbing stuff.

Grandson - Oh No!!!

J
yeah, he's great.  will figure prominently in my end of year draft.   he's a really good example of today's music paradigm where kids have access to so many different styles and he is able to blend them and move within them.

rock bottom, maria and apologize are others that i have liked in spotify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eephus said:
Corridor is a Montreal guitar band with a record on Sub Pop that manages to be both driving and dreamy.  They sing their songs in French which might be a turn off for some but for me it adds a certain je ne sais quoi to their sound.

Domino
Digested this one one my walk today.  A very pleasant listen.  Nothing jumped out as an immediate win, but I enjoyed it enough to keep it in my rotation to see if anything grows on me.  Much appreciated!
Wanted to listen and forgot to...diving in now- thanks for the reminder

Is there a way to pull up previous weeks' release radar lists?  
not that i have ever been able to find.  i think i saw something about some kind of a program that might do it, but didn't really want to download some random thing.

I created a playlist called running release radar and just drag the whole thing there every week so that I can track.

It's a Power Pop holiday with new albums from Mikal Cronin and Young Guv
Looking forward to checkin out the new Cronin. MCIII didn't grab me, but big fan.

In a similar vein, I keep coming back to Mike Krol's Power Chords. Haven't listened to a ton of new stuff this year, but Power Chords is one of my favs.

It's a Power Pop holiday with new albums from Mikal Cronin and Young Guv
Young Guv II branches out a bit more than Young Guv I did.  Instead of the more direct Big Star/Teenage Fanclubisms of YGI, he's gone for a broader 1975-85 sound.  It would be very radio-friendly if radio didn't suck nowadays.

The new Iguana Death Cult is solid enough but get a couple songs in and they're sounding exactly like Parquet Courts

So I'm listening to the "New Music" stream on my service the other day and I hear a song that is unmistakably ELO, but I don't recognize the song itself.
I assumed it was just a re-release or remastering of an older album since it sounded exactly like classic ELO, but no, it's NEW!

Gave the entire album a listen yesterday.  All I'll say is if you ever enjoyed an ELO song, you'll find something on this album to reconnect with.

Title track - From Out of Nowhere

J

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of wierd ####:  Otoboke Beaver - Yobantoite Mojo hit my release radar and about half way though, after my initial WTF face shook off I realized that I loved it, and playlisted it immediately. 

That said, I am a bit afraid to deep dive into them  :oldunsure:
I mentionedbthem at some point this year...they have a new album that's pretty fun- great song titles too. I can't remember if I'd heard them before that or not

I playlisted one of their tunes when I first heard it in april... but Otoboke Beaver's 2019 album Itekoma Hits is kicking my ### right now. plus, the song titles are fantastic too- "what do you mean you have to talk to me at this late date", "introduce me to your family", "6 day working week is a pain" and the ballad "binge eating binge drinking bulimia"
@Jaysus

And Anna Meredith did the soundtrack and music for the Paul Rudd TV show on Netflix...living with yourself. Decent.music and show.

I really like "Charlie" by Mallrat. Loved her single before that too "Groceries". She doesn't have a full album yet, just a couple EPs, She's Australian, like all the great new female indie/rock singers.

I don't think I posted this yet but I also love "Just Exist" by Eliza and the Delusionals. She's also Australian. These might both be legit top 5 songs of the year for me. Something in the water down under.

These new south whales have a full album out...can't wait to dive in- big fan.

Lots of other interesting stuff on RR this week..

Chilly Gonzalez collaboration

Fka twigs

The districts

Beach slang

Sego

Black lips

Prism tats

Young guv

The shins

Russian baths

I been digging omni, bent knees, knocked loose, battles, billy woods

new metal that sounds good so far: weresquatch, lowest creature, wilderun

I been digging omni, bent knees, knocked loose, battles, billy woods

new metal that sounds good so far: weresquatch, lowest creature, wilderun
Omni, Squid, b boys....there's another couple similar jangly post bands I can't think of... Liking all of those. Also liking the recent Battles I've heard. Will have to check out those others if I haven't already.

Users who are viewing this thread