What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (2 Viewers)

https://open.spotify.com/user/taojones/playlist/3AsF3Lle4jsF2sfeakfOxH?si=mZ0JsOOgSCWyM4fmh6RJ8g

Chaozz - Bum Bum! - While studying abroad in Prague, one night I had the good fortune (or youthful idiocy) of stumbling around town drunk very late night and running into a bunch of homeless street kids who told me of their affinity for Dr. Dre, Wu-Tang, and the like.  I asked them about any Czech hip-hop and they mentioned this group, whose CD I immediately went and purchased.  I can't really understand any of the words except for "do prdele", a wonderful Czech curse literally translated as "go through the #######".

Trosky - Tozmemi (MCS Remix) - The same street kids turned me on to this dude from Slovakia (this remix features like 22 MCs, all of whom I assume are Slovakian as well...

Ganxsta Zolee es a Kartel - Legendak - Not sure if those same kids mentioned this Hungarian dude or if I just happened upon him on my own, but he is significantly less good, though I think somewhat popular.  I had bought the CD and told the young couple who were members of the hungarian national swim team and were showing me  around budapest and they had a good ####### laugh at my expense for buying that.  I guess he changed a bit, but early on he dressed like a ####### old west cowboy in a long duster, which he apparently thought was gangster.

and now a trip to the iberian peninsula

Doctor MC's - Energia - This track was on a CD i got called Rap Au Bresil, which was released in France for some reason.  I believe I got it in high school on a trip to Paris that my grandmother paid for our whole family.  I remember being completely exhausted the whole time and never adjusting to the time differnece.

Downset - Sangre De Mis Manos - Rage against the machine on steroids, this track is from their second album.  i remember getting the album on the day it came out and making one of my friends listen to it in my car at lunch time in high school and he was like way into spanish for some reason and he nearly came in his pants hearing rey's aggressive spanish vocal stylings.

Ana Tijoux - 1977 - not much to say about this other than it's a bad-### song that i became obsessed with after hearing it on breaking bad

Delinquent Habits - Return of the Tres- just a fun time to break up the monotony

La Saga - Iam - A collab with sunz of man, so it is half english and half french.  pretty sure i picked this up in montreal while visiting a girl i knew high school who then went to mccall.  my friend and i drove up, and drove all night after suddenly deciding we should leave at like 11 pm to avoid traffic.  It was my friend's car, which was stick that i didn't now how to drive (still don't), so he had to do all the driving.  we somehow hit a blizzard midway through, at which point i determined i was too tired and got in the backseat to sleep, leaving him to deal with the treacherous roads.  I remember sitting around with a bunch of people who were high (my friend and i did not partake for whatever reason) and these people were pontificating on why does a gallon water cost more than a gallon of gas and how out of whack priorities are...not sure they had a great grasp of economics.

Snowgoons - Wie King - ANother combo of English and a foreign language (German).  Really Snowgoons are probably the best beatmakers when they hit their peak.

Snowgoons - Der Terrorist - And why not another Snowgoons track, this time all in German.

Senser - Hex - sort of cheating, since the vocals are all in english (as are the next 2), but i really like this band and can't believe that i didn't find out about them until a few years ago.  not that they are best band, but would have been so in my wheelhouse in my teens and early 20s.  kinda surprised that they never really made it in the US.

Sweatshop Union - Office Space- some of Canada's finest hip-hop

Rhyme Asylum - The Art of Raw -  just a great british hip hop group with an awesome dirty, grimy sound.

fridays have turned to #### for me... keep getting to my RR late. but it looks good this week:

pinky pinky (album- friend's kids' band)

metz

amason

city calm down

bat for lashes

tijuana panthers

baroness

sports team

shellac

kate tempest

meatraffle

wasuremono

GRMLN

sleater-kinney (strange down-beat ballad pop single... not liking at all first listen)

got pulled back into Gong Gong Gong III... still can't help loving this stuff. chinese two-piece, bass and guitar.

beastie boys released an album?

listening now... makes me happy and sad, all at the same time.
I think they just added 12 bonus tracks and re-released an album from 2004
I'm kind of surprised To the 5 Boroughs is getting the big re-release push. I really like it but thought it got pretty mixed reviews at the time.
Thanks guys- I completely missed the original release. I like it.

I was watching an episode of this season's Black Mirror last night- had Mylie Cyrus as a pop-star with a wide-eyed naive fan and her more cynical older sister head-phone wearing rocker. at some point a mylie-robot asks the older sister what she's listening to- she takes off her headphones with a couple chords of Savages still playing. "oh- you wouldn't know them... Pixies, Nine-Inch Nails .. (esoteric to the extreme  :lol: )... Savages, IDLES ". wtf? is this why I keep getting mylie and katy perry on my spotify RR?

spots rr of note as I look at it...

broncho remix? (bizarre concept, but sounds good- 1st on the list)

spoon

b boys

titus andronicus (album is out- really liking the singles I've heard so far)

metronomy

jacuzzi boys

beak (remix)

fat white family

the hold steady

young guv

!!!

tropical #### storm (their singles this year have been some of my favorites- looking forward to this)

chemical brothers

pinback (wow- haven't heard them in a long time)

pinky pinky (our friend's kid's band- full album... kind of exciting for them, even if I've not loved their stuff since their very first single- still enjoy it)

I’m looking forward to Titus Andronicus. The Monitor is one of my favorite albums ever but I revisited The Most Lamentable Tragedy this week and that one is super underrated. 

I like the Raconteurs song on release radar (Some days I don't feel like trying) enough that I'll likely dive into the album this afternoon. 

If you want a really jarring and interesting listen, check out "Schlagenheim" by British noise-rock band black midi. It sounds like someone took the most experimental/noisy records in my collection and chucked them in a blender.

spots rr of note as I look at it...

broncho remix? (bizarre concept, but sounds good- 1st on the list)

spoon

b boys

titus andronicus (album is out- really liking the singles I've heard so far)

metronomy

jacuzzi boys

beak (remix)

fat white family

the hold steady

young guv

!!!

tropical #### storm (their singles this year have been some of my favorites- looking forward to this)

chemical brothers

pinback (wow- haven't heard them in a long time)

pinky pinky (our friend's kid's band- full album... kind of exciting for them, even if I've not loved their stuff since their very first single- still enjoy it)
New Spoon? New Pinback?

FYI for fans of The Streets, 'Soaked by the Ale' which is on my release radar today is a b-side from A Grand Don't Come for Free and would have fit right in on that album. 

If you want a really jarring and interesting listen, check out "Schlagenheim" by British noise-rock band black midi. It sounds like someone took the most experimental/noisy records in my collection and chucked them in a blender.
This is nothing if not interesting. I have been listening to their singles and was anticipating this release. Weird, cool band. 

he's popped up on my various lists over the last month, and while Steve Gunn isn't in my wheelhouse- I do like him and I thought I'd pass him on for those that like the singer-songwriter type dudes. nick drakish. 

I can't get enough tropical #### storm lately. 
I played them for Mrs. Eephus the other day because they're coming to town in August.  Her taste is usually pretty catholic and she loved The Drones when we saw them but she was two thumbs down on TFS.

Users who are viewing this thread