What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Potential NFL competitive integrity issue brought to light in Rams @ Saints game (2 Viewers)

I’m neutral. I thought it was the worst no call I can remember seeing. So obvious, especially in this ticky tack NFL where everything is called, it makes me question the NFLs integrity  and whether everyone involved is on the up and up. And I always thought those people were nutty.
Revisiting this thread because it seems like "the officials can't get it straight" is one of the repeating over-and-over stories this season. Lots of games affected, lots of fan bases wondering if anything can be improved.

You guys don't want to know what's going on over on the Saints forums. Yes, we're all huge babies who will never, ever get over it. Refs get no quarter wherever two or more Saints fans get together to commiserate.

It seems like the NFL has more games where officiating is pivotal. Watching at home, whenever there's a big play, I'm looking for a late flag.
Same thing is spilling over into 2019.

A lot of old timers (e.g. former players from the 1990s and earlier) think there are just too many judgement calls in the NFL today in the name of safety. That makes officiating games much more complicated and imprecise, the theory goes. The idea is that you can have (a) more conclusive officiating or (b) a safer game, but not both. 

Users who are viewing this thread