What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Interested Are You In The Masters Golf Tournament? (1 Viewer)

How Interested Are You In The Masters Golf Tournament?

• Extremely - It's can't miss TV

Votes: 80 30.1%
  • Very - Looking foward to it

Votes: 55 20.7%
  • Somewhat - I'll watch as I know it's iconic and important

Votes: 27 10.2%
  • Not very - May watch a tiny bit but not very interested

Votes: 29 10.9%
  • Not at all - Don't care

Votes: 64 24.1%
  • Actually dislike it - Attention it gets is annoying

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
As excited as I've been for any sporting event in a long time.
I keep forgetting about it just because of the time of year...but now I’m dialed in. Big plans for weekend w friends to enjoy the (hopefully) once-in-a-lifetime trifecta of this with College and NFL football.

Strange technical issue at my house. If I connect my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable I get buffering problems. But if I cast it, no problem.

:shrug:

In case others had the same problem...

DeChambeau's strat is to just drive it into (hopefully) easy up-and-down birdie situations?

I haven't watched golf in a while, but that seems neat.

Edit: has provided some interesting situations this round

Last edited by a moderator:
DeChambeau's strat is to just drive it into (hopefully) easy up-and-down birdie situations?

I haven't watched golf in a while, but that seems neat.
Yes. And it worked really well at Winged Foot where the fairways were narrow and the rough super thick.There, since even the straighter hitters were missing, DeChambeau's big advantage was he had like 70 floppers from the rough versus an opponent from 150 in the rough. Big advantage. 

Augusta is a second shot course despite it being so long. By that I mean the fairways are pretty wide so even on long holes pros will have longer irons in but good lies. So, his bombs to the 70ish in the rough areas aren't such an advantage to his opponent being 160 out but having a good lie in the fairway. 

All that said, Bryson is still totally in this thing at -1 considering his really poor start. 

This place is typically so spectacular it’s hard to put into words...it may be even better this week.  Bobby Jones had a vision that’ll be hard to equal in the history of sports.

The scoring average of the posted rounds was 70.31, well below the record-low first-round scoring average of 72.06, set in 1992.

balls were plugging on the greens.  give these guys soft greens and they'll tear it up.
Except the unexplainable day of Kevin Na, who finished 5th on the Tour in Putting last year.

“Hit all 18 greens in regulation and 2 par 5s in 2,” he wrote. “Shot 73. 39 putts in one round is my new record!!”

Sounds like he’ll have to play 27 tomorrow...not ideal, but if he can start hot and loose...
One thing is for sure, Tiger knows how to play Augusta.  His body may not cooperate for 4 days, but when he's in the zone it's fun to watch him walk this course.   Hope he's up for the challenge. 

Bryson did get screwed there. Correct ruling per the rule, but harsh. If he were my opponent in match I let him drop. 

Users who are viewing this thread