What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Guess who?

As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the....

....People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!

I am going to have to re-check my version of the bible, because I missed the chapter where God was passing out exclusive rights to US citizens.
- Wayne Gretzky Michael Scott

Guess who?

As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the....

....People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!

I am going to have to re-check my version of the bible, because I missed the chapter where God was passing out exclusive rights to US citizens.
Who is,  someone who has never been in my kitchen. 

Guess who?

So its now cool if POTUS wrongly accuses   members of congress of a COUP?

Guess who?

Well, the Bible IS written in English, right? 

Asking a foreign government to dig up incriminating evidence against a political rival is the football equivalent of tackling a WR while the ball is in the air, helping him back to his feet, tackling him again, having sex with his wife, and then spearing the QB ten seconds after the whistle blows.
So you’re saying it’s like a typical New England play? 
He didn't say anything about murder. 

Chairmen Engel, Schiff, and Cummings to the Deputy Secretary of State: "We are writing to you because Secretary Pompeo now appears to have an obvious conflict of interest ... If true, Secretary Pompeo is now a fact witness in the impeachment inquiry."

Lawyer up!

Link to letter - essentially Pompeo was on the Zelensky call, thus is a fact witness, and should not be directing State Department responses

https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/_cache/files/4/6/4683bc86-be2a-49fc-9e76-7cdbf669592f/98BEBD8006DE62BA36BEBD175775F744.2019-10-1-ele-abs-eec-to-depsec-sullivan.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything in this story points to Trump and Co doing Russia’s bidding to remove the sanctions. I mean if this was a movie we’d all think the writers had tried too hard to make the plot work. 

And yet...

Insane. Truly mind boggling. 

All right. He did not lie. He carefully said. He omitted mentioning the fact that he had been privy to the phone conversation, which was at the heart of the whistleblower affair. He implied he knew nothing about it. But he was careful and he did not lie.

Tell me, are you OK with this? Is this the sort of behavior that you're proud to defend in here?
I have no problem with his behavior at all.  Why should he feel the need to talk about a current case knowing how media will spin his answers however they want?  Are you proud of Schiff making up things that Trump said for an opening statement of an impeachment query?  That is disgraceful and of all people you should realize it.

I have no problem with his behavior at all.  Why should he feel the need to talk about a current case knowing how media will spin his answers however they want?  Are you proud of Schiff making up things that Trump said for an opening statement of an impeachment query?  That is disgraceful and of all people you should realize it.
He didn’t do what you claim.

Amazing how low the Democrats are willing to go to try and oust Trump.  Disgusting.  And yet you guys are falling for it yet again.  When will you learn?

So its now cool if POTUS wrongly accuses   members of congress of a COUP?
Among stupid Trump rhetorical tricks, this doesn't even register.  Yes, impeachment as a remedy when Congress determines that the head of the Executive Branch has abused his office is literally enshrined in the Constitution.  That still won't stop every impeachment target ever from claiming opponents are trying to invalidate the will of the people.  Par for the course.

Two very different issues. Schiff didn’t make up anything. He offered a translation of what Trump said, and I believe a correct one, easy to prove. But he didn’t do it very well IMO. Still it wasn’t disgraceful at all because the basic facts were correct: Trump threatened to withhold money to the Ukraine in order to achieve personal gain- dirt on one of his opponents and supposed proof that he had no help winning in 2016. It was clear cut abuse of power and that is the main reason Trump will suffer the indignity of being only the 3rd President ever impeached- and hopefully, if enough Republicans are willing to do the right thing, the first ever removed. 

As far as you being OK with Pompeo- it’s sad. When an official misleads the media, he is misleading the public. Nobody should be OK with that. 

Guess who?

You just know he pronounces “coup” as “coop”.

Two very different issues. Schiff didn’t make up anything. He offered a translation of what Trump said, and I believe a correct one, easy to prove. But he didn’t do it very well IMO. Still it wasn’t disgraceful at all because the basic facts were correct: Trump threatened to withhold money to the Ukraine in order to achieve personal gain- dirt on one of his opponents and supposed proof that he had no help winning in 2016. It was clear cut abuse of power and that is the main reason Trump will suffer the indignity of being only the 3rd President ever impeached- and hopefully, if enough Republicans are willing to do the right thing, the first ever removed. 

As far as you being OK with Pompeo- it’s sad. When an official misleads the media, he is misleading the public. Nobody should be OK with that. 
You are incorrect on a few things here.  Schiff did make stuff up.....give me some dirt on my political rival....b.s.  It is very telling and sad that you are okay with it.  I will go to my grave knowing Trump did not threaten to withhold military aid to get dirt on Biden.  Read the transcript.  When he says do me a favor he follows it with asking about crowdstrike, not Biden.  Trying to find out what happened on a PRIOR election is fine.  

Everything in this story points to Trump and Co doing Russia’s bidding to remove the sanctions. I mean if this was a movie we’d all think the writers had tried too hard to make the plot work. 

And yet...

Insane. Truly mind boggling. 
I think the phone calls we need full transcripts of are between Trump and Putin. I bet Putin told him it’s time pay up - get the Ukraine troops out and start removing sanctions.

You are incorrect on a few things here.  Schiff did make stuff up.....give me some dirt on my political rival....b.s.  It is very telling and sad that you are okay with it.  I will go to my grave knowing Trump did not threaten to withhold military aid to get dirt on Biden.  Read the transcript.  When he says do me a favor he follows it with asking about crowdstrike, not Biden.  Trying to find out what happened on a PRIOR election is fine.  
Proof that Schiff made stuff up, please.  

Huh.   I think it is absolutely clear that this isn't true--not based on any dislike of Trump, but just a working knowledge of the English language.  Somehow, I think if this was a transcript of a Clinton call and the rival was Republican, you'd reach an entirely different conclusion.  

Schiff did make things up in that hearing and it was ridiculous. “Offered a translation” He was being a partisan hack. He presented it as actual quotes. It was wrong. Of course you and the Anti-Trump people here support it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To be clear, you do not believe that Trump was seeking dirt from the Ukraine on Biden to help him in the election?  I understand you will “go to your grave” believing there was no quid pro (which is unbelievable to me).   But he was not seeking help from a foreign government to use against Biden in the election?  Is that what you believe?

Huh.   I think it is absolutely clear that this isn't true--not based on any dislike of Trump, but just a working knowledge of the English language.  Somehow, I think if this was a transcript of a Clinton call and the rival was Republican, you'd reach an entirely different conclusion.  
This is a virtual certainty.

Users who are viewing this thread