What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (13 Viewers)

:lol:   Honest discussion?  You guys asked for the transcript and I delivered it.  It sounds like you believe there was more to the call that is being hid and that is your opinion.  We should be able to agree that what was said in this released transcript is a nothing burger.
Memorandum. 

Transcript. 

Quotation Marks. 

Signature of a certified stenographer/court reporter. 

Words and concepts have meanings. Those meanings are facts. They are not opinions.  

Kinda.

Why, is that an issue?
UPDATE: The altered photo, according to Washington Post technology reporter Drew Harwell, appears to be of uncertain origin, and was not the product of a White House alteration. This story has been updated to reflect that uncertainty.

Read more: https://www.inquisitr.com/5706479/white-house-photoshops-john-bolton-photo-soviet-union/#ixzz63DYG0Nza
Drew Harwell

@drewharwell

·

19hDisinformation about disinformation.

@christoq

tweeted that the White House had photoshopped Barr in for Bolton. But that photo (or, at least, one of the earliest sightings of it) didn't come from the White House, but from here, a viral joke:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at a loss for words at this point. I guess anarchy is one that comes to mind.

We've reached a sad state of affairs and I wonder how these types of actions trickle down to the common man/woman? Rules no longer need to be followed. Judicial processes can now be thrown out the window. If you're not getting your way by screaming louder than your opponent, then take your opponent by force. This is a slippery slope which the GOP has pushed the country down. 

I'm at a loss for words at this point. I guess anarchy is one that comes to mind.

We've reached a sad state of affairs and I wonder how these types of actions trickle down to the common man/woman? Rules no longer need to be followed. Judicial processes can now be thrown out the window. If you're not getting your way by screaming louder than your opponent, then take your opponent by force. This is a slippery slope which the GOP has pushed the country down. 
As Henry correctly pointed out, I was kidding!

Super weird to title a transcript "MEMORANDUM OF TELEPHONE CONVERSATION"
AND state “this is not a Verbatim transcript”

(actual quote demonstrating a poster who is repeating a clear, now 100% disproven lie - yet I bet if we called said poster the definition of someone who purposefully lies only in an effort to force an honest discussion, he’d get to continue to troll while we’d get a vaca - why’d I come back to these boards again, when we can’t point out clear truths but others can peddle clear lies?) 

"13 of the 41 Republican lawmakers who stormed a closed-door hearing today to protest an alleged lack of transparency have access to the impeachment hearings"

Seems like a monty python skit waiting to happen

Congressmen:  "We are storming the gates to demand access!"

Security Guard: "You are already permitted to enter."

Congressmen:  "Excellent!  Its working already!"

"13 of the 41 Republican lawmakers who stormed a closed-door hearing today to protest an alleged lack of transparency have access to the impeachment hearings"

Seems like a monty python skit waiting to happen

Congressmen:  "We are storming the gates to demand access!"

Security Guard: "You are already permitted to enter."

Congressmen:  "Excellent!  Its working already!"
We have a poster here who has not retracted statements that Republicans aren't even allowed in the hearings. So somebody must be incorrect. This is not a matter of opinion.

Amen brother

Yep. Constitutional crisis - we're having one now. It's not some far off possibility anymore, it's playing out before us on a daily basis.

I have no problem with the meetings and interviews being held in private but how does something like Taylor's opening statement get out? It should all remain private.

That's great but I'm not sure why you are quoting KC who I assume was talking about the GOP insanity in Congress today. Apologies all around if I've got this all wrong.
Yep. You got it right.

I have no problem with the meetings and interviews being held in private but how does something like Taylor's opening statement get out? It should all remain private.
Just a guess. But I see the prepared opening statements as something being written outside the confines of the closed door meetings. They are not skewed in any way by opinion of anyone that sits in those meetings. Which may be the case with some of the leaked information that we get.

On a personal note, I said goodbye to my son this morning as heads to Japan for the next year and a half. It worries me that his Commander in Chief could make some bone headed decision over the next year that puts my son at even more risk. 

#Notbringingourtroopshome

On a personal note, I said goodbye to my son this morning as heads to Japan for the next year and a half. It worries me that his Commander in Chief could make some bone headed decision over the next year that puts my son at even more risk. 

#Notbringingourtroopshome
Thoughts are with you and your Son.  Thank him for his service and for you to have raised him to serve our nation. 

People often forget in the seemingly endless partisan and ideological divide, there are real lives affected by every one of these decisions.  Some moreso than others.

All the best for a safe return home and a positive experience for your Son serving abroad. 

:oldunsure:

I hope Cooper has a good lawyer and a great press rep. Because she's going to get a full dose of character assassination in the very near future.
Interesting - most of the early reports I saw suggested she really had nothing of substance to add, and may have contradicted Taylor's testimony in some areas.

I am a big fan of the way the Dems are running the investigation behind closed doors - makes it more business, less theatrics.  But, I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out in public hearings.

Just a guess. But I see the prepared opening statements as something being written outside the confines of the closed door meetings. They are not skewed in any way by opinion of anyone that sits in those meetings. Which may be the case with some of the leaked information that we get.
It should be all or nothing, imo.

Interesting - most of the early reports I saw suggested she really had nothing of substance to add, and may have contradicted Taylor's testimony in some areas.

I am a big fan of the way the Dems are running the investigation behind closed doors - makes it more business, less theatrics.  But, I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out in public hearings.
Ted Lieu is a bit of a drama king - maybe there's actually not much to her testimony. Or maybe the parts of the testimony Lieu is hinting at are to do with something apart from Taylor's testimony. :shrug:

I should have waited until the transcript was actually available to say anything. Speculation is a waste of time. I was just sick of reviewing documents here at work and got into this distraction too deep. Bad Gr00vus.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be all or nothing, imo.
I can understand why you feel that way. I see it as the person who wrote the opening statement could make those same statements public. However, the testimony is being kept behind closed doors. If one of the witnesses made an opening statement that defends Trump, that would also be released to the public. If they were withholding those, then I could agree with the argument that things are being skewed. As it appears, it's consistent across the board. All opening statements are released. All witness testimony is private. Seems fair.

Ted Lieu is a bit of a drama king - maybe there's actually not much to her testimony. Or maybe the parts of the testimony Lieu is hinting at are to do with something apart from Taylor's testimony. :shrug:

I should have waited until the transcript was actually available to say anything. Speculation is a waste of time. I was just sick of reviewing documents here at work and got into this distraction too deep. Bad Gr00vus.
Easy there, line-stepper 

Im🍑es and Cream - to cheer you up

Users who are viewing this thread