What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Can someone give me a realistic percentage of Trump actually becoming impeached from this.  I refuse to get my hopes up after Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason to expose this person's name is for retaliation, and to try to drag their name through the mud. For what purpose though? This was just one person throwing a red flag onto the field. A whole slew of people have testified well beyond that. Is the GOP is hanging their hat on "AHA! This guy only has an Associate's Degree! And he once received a ticket for underage drinking! Trump is free and clear!!11!!"?

My take:

Impeached by the House...99%

Convicted and removed by the GOP controlled Senate...10%

Bloodbath for the GOP in 2020...100%
You guys really think chance of removal is that high? I think that unless they have Trump on video shooting someone the chance of removal is virtually 0%. I mean the guy has 90% GOP approval. I don't think that a video of him trying to bribe Ukraine would move the needle much. I bet that most people aren't even sure if that's really such a bad thing.

The only reason to expose this person's name is for retaliation, and to try to drag their name through the mud. For what purpose though? 
If there is any link at all that the whotleblower is a never Trumper or a demo it muddies the narrative so folks like hannity and limbaugh can juxtapose the reality that the whistleblower revealed factual evidence of a potential abuse of power with the alternate facts that this was a hit job and another attempt to smear the poor dupe sitting in the Whitehouse.  

If there is any link at all that the whotleblower is a never Trumper or a demo it muddies the narrative so folks like hannity and limbaugh can juxtapose the reality that the whistleblower revealed factual evidence of a potential abuse of power with the alternate facts that this was a hit job and another attempt to smear the poor dupe sitting in the Whitehouse.  
Anyone who is remotely critical of the president is a never Trumper.

I gotta say: every once in a while you read some conservative slam Nancy Pelosi as incompetent- the latest I read was Michael Goodwin from the New York Post. I have NO idea what these people are smoking.

Given the fact that I was too young to witness Lyndon Johnson, Nancy Pelosi is without a doubt the most effective politician I have ever seen.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the Whistleblower is a non-entity at this point.

The whistleblower was privy to many different threads here - but it seems like the House is doing a good job pulling them all together.
To be fair, nobody was going to take the whistleblower seriously as it was all hearsay.  The transcript of the phone call is key and it does not show any wrongdoing by Trump.  

To be fair, nobody was going to take the whistleblower seriously as it was all hearsay.  The transcript of the phone call is key and it does not show any wrongdoing by Trump.  
This isn't true no matter how many times it's been repeated. Asking Ukraine's President to investigate the Bidens is wrongdoing all by itself.  And now we have quite a bit of evidence that it was part of a quid pro quo in which President Trump was willing to withhold money to Ukraine until this investigation was announced publicly. And it's direct evidence, not hearsay.

The evidence will show that President Trump put his own interests in front of the national interests. And in so doing, he jeopardized our national security (that is what the current testimony is about.) 

I’m beginning to think you don’t understand the term “condescending.” ;)
I'm half a week late to this, but I had to point out all I could think about while reading this conversation was the greatest word avalanche of all time.

The swindler was headed upstairs to visit his friend, the forger. The bird he passed along the way was the forger's homing vulture, which was en route to the forger's publisher to make a delivery. Unfortunately, the poor bird had to fly down the stairwell to ground level and out the open terrace since the forger's apartment had no windows. She was carrying some rolled up paper on which her owner had written the perfect end to his prized short story, what's delivery was a mission of utmost importance... (continued in spoiler)

You see, the forger was very proud of this story's ending as it unabashedly mocked the last two novellas in a complete collection written by his far more successful literary rival, Condolyssa Blackburn, who had worked to expose the forger's dishonesty by high-hatting his private dealings in said novellas, of which the forger grew thirsty for revenge. This same short story would later assist the forger in framing her for a homicide.

So, the swindler in the stairwell knew of the forger's vulture, but he hated birds and went about swatting and cursing at her for flying around in the building. Though, little did the swindler realize that there was a third crook who had been hiding in the shadows of the stairwell above him. As the swindler rounded the corner and came into view, the young thief named Khan had already lept from the banister one floor up behind the swindler as he planned to knock the swindler down and take his money.

As was indicative of his inexperience, young Khan did not notice the vulture until after he lept from the banister as he was too busy marking the swindler to notice the large bird flying past him on it's way down. The sight of the dutiful bird had caused the swindler to stop and swat and curse, which completely negated Khan's calculated leap, so as he fell toward where the swindler would have been had it not been for the vulture, he joined the swindler in cursing wildly at the bird because she had single-wingedly ruined his plan.

Khan's midair cursing fit caught the attention of the swindler who sighted him, and since Khan was quite green and merely half his age, the swindler immediately began talking down to him, attempting to illustrate how feeble and worthless his attempt to swindle a swindler. Yet, as the swindler turned to continue his ascent upstairs, his pride had hindered him from noticing that Khan had successfully picked the wallet from his back pocket.

Thus, Khan's incredibly embarrassing, albeit successful, incident is now humorously referred to among his fellow con men as the "greatest con ever botched," which is far less mentally demanding than what it was formerly referred to as, which was the:

"condescending conned ascending con dissenting condor-sending condescending con's descending condor sending condor-sending condescending con's dissenting conte's ending condescending con-dissenting Condi's ending condescending contes ending condescending Khan's descending on dissenting conned ascending con dissenting condor-sending condescending con's descending condor sending condor-sending condescending con's dissenting conte's ending condescending con-dissenting Condi's ending condescending contes sending condescending Khan descending condescending condor-sending condescending con's descending condor sending condor-sending condescending con's dissenting conte's ending condescending con-dissenting Condi's ending condescending contes ending condescending conned ascending con's dissenting on dissenting condor-sending con's descending condor sending condor-sending condescending con's dissenting conte's ending condescending con-dissenting Condi's ending condescending contes sending condescending conned ascending con's dissenting condor-sending condescending con's descending condor sending condor-sending condescending con's dissenting conte's ending condescending con-dissenting Condi's ending condescending contes on descending condescending Khan's descending" con.

GOP Congressman Admits He Could Have Gone to Impeachment Hearings But Didn’t, Hasn’t Read Testimony

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/gop-congressman-admits-he-could-have-gone-to-impeachment-hearings-but-didnt-hasnt-read-testimony/amp/
I saw some of this this am. Yoho is one of the GOP 'protesters' yet he is an actual member of the committee with access to the hearings, all of them. In fact something like 48 or so Republicans have had access to live hearings.

Even when he was being interviewed, there was a hearing going on. He said he did not want to go to it, except that he would pop in to ask a handful of questions.

Something I've seen happen recently, with the Mueller report, is that GOPers are apparently instructed not to read material because it might more or less put them in a position of having to answer questions uncomfortably - ie lie or admit Bad Things - and it might risk their knowing something so that they may have to divert from voting instructions or talking points. This is consistent with that.

It’s not 0%. If Senate sees losing the chamber because public turns, you will see a Caesar style turning on Trump, not gradually, but all at once.
It is 0%.

The public won't turn.  the GOP base, which is totally devoted to Trump, doesn;t give a lick about any of this.  He could do much worse and they still wouldn't care.  And the sycophant senators who only care about power will do whatever is in their own best interest.

I saw some of this this am. Yoho is one of the GOP 'protesters' yet he is an actual member of the committee with access to the hearings, all of them. In fact something like 48 or so Republicans have had access to live hearings.

Even when he was being interviewed, there was a hearing going on. He said he did not want to go to it, except that he would pop in to ask a handful of questions.

Something I've seen happen recently, with the Mueller report, is that GOPers ar instructed not to read material because it might more or less put them in a position of having to answer questions uncomfortably - ie lie or admit Bad Things - and it might risk their knowing something so that they may have to divert from voting instructions or talking points. This is consistent with that.
That interview was pretty uncomfortable.  "We read the summary of Volker's and uhhhhhhhhh................ one other"

It is 0%.

The public won't turn.  the GOP base, which is totally devoted to Trump, doesn;t give a lick about any of this.  He could do much worse and they still wouldn't care.  And the sycophant senators who only care about power will do whatever is in their own best interest.
the base doesn't necessarily have to turn to lose the senate

Do Trump supporters acknowledge that withholding foreign aid from Ukraine until they publicly announced an investigation into Biden is an impeachable offense?  I mean, that seems obvious on its face, no?  Is the hangup that it  is okay so long as Ukraine was never made aware Trump was doing it?

Or, is it that they genuinely don't believe that Trump was leveraging the power of his office to help his personal campaign?

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can be okay with any version of what happened.

Do Trump supporters acknowledge that withholding foreign aid from Ukraine until they publicly announced an investigation into Biden is an impeachable offense?  I mean, that seems obvious on its face, no?  Is the hangup that it  is okay so long as Ukraine was never made aware Trump was doing it?

Or, is it that they genuinely don't believe that Trump was leveraging the power of his office to help his personal campaign?

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can be okay with any version of what happened.
All of the above, depending on which day you ask.

This isn't true no matter how many times it's been repeated. Asking Ukraine's President to investigate the Bidens is wrongdoing all by itself.  And now we have quite a bit of evidence that it was part of a quid pro quo in which President Trump was willing to withhold money to Ukraine until this investigation was announced publicly. And it's direct evidence, not hearsay.

The evidence will show that President Trump put his own interests in front of the national interests. And in so doing, he jeopardized our national security (that is what the current testimony is about.) 
It is subjective and once evidence is presented most folks who didn't already want to impeach Trump since we was elected will side with me.

It is 0%.

At least you aren't jaded

Republicans have not been able to call any witnesses and have selectively been able to question some, yes
As it was in the Nunes investigation of the FBI, as it was in the Benghazi investigation, and as it is in every House committee investigation. It’s run by the Chair and the other party participates but they don’t get to do any dang thing they want. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread