What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

So this is where I was at first...then I started looking at the races and I don't see many opportunities.  Which states have the best chance of being flipped.  Last I had looked, it seemed like Colorado....then I had no one else.
Arizona, Iowa, Maine and an outside shot at Georgia.They will need four because of the one they're probably going to give back in Alabama.

So this is where I was at first...then I started looking at the races and I don't see many opportunities.  Which states have the best chance of being flipped.  Last I had looked, it seemed like Colorado....then I had no one else.
hmm . Colorado, Arizona, Maine, Iowa, maybe North Carolina - I think these could all be in play with the right candidates/turnout

But, Dems probably losing Alabama

I should add - its also worth pursuing - even if the SC rules against the House for a couple of reasons - its better to have it settled one way or the other for future reference.  And, the longer it goes in court, the longer it looks like Trump is simply trying to hide something.  

Of course, I think the documents and testimony would be damning enough to convict - so sometimes its better to let people assume you are guilty than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

One of the fuzzy areas now - because there is not direct testimony - "who made the call to hold up the aid? And, why?" 

To me those are fundamental questions that the House should demand to know - not assume.

Once you get the White House committed to a story there (they have offered several publicly) - then you can begin to tear it apart.  But as long as the answer remains vague and fuzzy, you can't convince the public that the White House is playing games.

The obvious follow up becomes - "What changed?"  "Why did you release the aid?"  Nothing changed.  So, the White House is kind of stuck with a BS response no matter what the settle on for why the issued the hold. 

So can the House get the actual call now or is everyone still relying on the white house summary of the call?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its unclear if anything more than what has been produced actually exists - I think.
I thought there was confirmation that the call was saved on the restricted access server?  If so was wondering if the House would be privy to this call then or with being on that special server does it mean no one can access it?

He is not going to be removed from office. Get over it. Forget about Russia, Ukraine etc. focus on the election. If I were on your side I’d focus on the lousy unelectable candidates you have running and try to moderate one of them or find a new one. Otherwise this is another blowout. 

Future Mrs. McBokonon with a scoop

The senior White House lawyer who placed a record of President Donald Trump’s July 25 call with Ukraine’s president in a top-secret system also instructed at least one official who heard the call not to tell anyone about it, according to testimony heard by House impeachment investigators this week.

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a decorated Army officer who served as the National Security Council’s director for Ukraine, told lawmakers that he went to the lawyer, John Eisenberg, to register his concerns about the call, in which Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the Bidens, according to a person in the room for Vindman’s deposition on Tuesday.

He is not going to be removed from office. Get over it. Forget about Russia, Ukraine etc. focus on the election. If I were on your side I’d focus on the lousy unelectable candidates you have running and try to moderate one of them or find a new one. Otherwise this is another blowout. 

Nobody is claiming he will be removed.  Why get over it? This is part of congress’s job.  Oversight.
Also, I don’t think the House impeachment is keeping people from campaigning.  Also the top candidates are far from lousy and much more electable and fit to serve than Trump.  All far more qualified than he ever was.

Another blowout would suggest the first  one was...which would be highly inaccurate to say.

boots11234 said:
Please continue with impeachment full speed ahead!

Nancy Pelosi’s impeachment resolution day turned into a MASSIVE fundraising day for @realDonaldTrump.

✅ $3 MILLION raised online alone in one day.

✅ That makes $19 MILLION in October online alone!
Pelosi/Schiff are making this too easy. The Democrat Presidential candidates will be begging these people in Congress to shut up soon. 

This administration, and the campaign before it, have been working with foreign agents/governments to undermine the elections. Elections are no remedy in that case, unless the illegal influences are stopped. Apparently that won't happen without something like impeachement.

It's essentially nonsensical to recommend relying on a process that is being actively sabotaged at the behest of the incumbent, with the full weight of the resources of the U.S. government now being applied to accomplish the sabotage. Until that is corrected, the elections can't be relied upon.

Pelosi/Schiff are making this too easy. The Democrat Presidential candidates will be begging these people in Congress to shut up soon. 
Trump raised $125 million in the third quarter, which is indeed staggering.

The Democratic candidates combined for $137.5 million though, which is also remarkable considering one of them is Marianne Williamson and another one is Steve (?) Bullock. So, that's $12.5 million more going to Democrats than Trump in the third quarter, and there's a ton of people (me included) who won't really start giving until we know who the candidate is. 

Nobody is claiming he will be removed.  Why get over it? This is part of congress’s job.  Oversight.
Also, I don’t think the House impeachment is keeping people from campaigning.  Also the top candidates are far from lousy and much more electable and fit to serve than Trump.  All far more qualified than he ever was.

Another blowout would suggest the first  one was...which would be highly inaccurate to say.
Ok. Looks like I get to enjoy another round of video montages from election night of shocked and saddened Democrats. Don’t say I didn’t warn you because if you think anyone from the current crop is electable you are part of the problem that is the Democratic Party. . 

This administration, and the campaign before it, have been working with foreign agents/governments to undermine the elections. Elections are no remedy in that case, unless the illegal influences are stopped. Apparently that won't happen without something like impeachement.

It's essentially nonsensical to recommend relying on a process that is being actively sabotaged at the behest of the incumbent, with the full weight of the resources of the U.S. government now being applied to accomplish the sabotage. Until that is corrected, the elections can't be relied upon.
You must be referring to Obama and the deep state trying to remove a elected president.  There’s a reason that it was changed to a criminal probe.  

Trump raised $125 million in the third quarter, which is indeed staggering.

The Democratic candidates combined for $137.5 million though, which is also remarkable considering one of them is Marianne Williamson and another one is Steve (?) Bullock. So, that's $12.5 million more going to Democrats than Trump in the third quarter, and there's a ton of people (me included) who won't really start giving until we know who the candidate is. 
And there’s a ton of people who will stop giving once we know who the candidate is. Surely you see this. 

Yes. Care to address the illegal collaboration between the Trump administration/campaign and foreign governments to influence our elections which did and continues to go on and how it renders your appeal to the election as a meaningful approach to correcting such problems ineffectual?

Future Mrs. McBokonon with a scoop

The senior White House lawyer who placed a record of President Donald Trump’s July 25 call with Ukraine’s president in a top-secret system also instructed at least one official who heard the call not to tell anyone about it, according to testimony heard by House impeachment investigators this week.

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a decorated Army officer who served as the National Security Council’s director for Ukraine, told lawmakers that he went to the lawyer, John Eisenberg, to register his concerns about the call, in which Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the Bidens, according to a person in the room for Vindman’s deposition on Tuesday.
Well, the call was so "perfect", no human would have been able to handle it.  If they were regaled with the tale of the call, it would have been like a scene out of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Their face would have started to shrivel up from their ear and the skin melt off their face.  It was really for humanity's own good that he was ordered not to talk about it.

Yes. Care to address the illegal collaboration between the Trump administration/campaign and foreign governments to influence our elections which did and continues to go on and how it renders your appeal to the election as a meaningful approach to correcting such problems ineffectual?
Borrowing an idea from that other thread when it went the other way. The line your side always put to mock us,  how did it go?  Oh yes:

RUSSSSSSIAAAAAAAA!!!!!

did I get that right?  

Arizona, Iowa, Maine and an outside shot at Georgia.They will need four because of the one they're probably going to give back in Alabama.

hmm . Colorado, Arizona, Maine, Iowa, maybe North Carolina - I think these could all be in play with the right candidates/turnout

But, Dems probably losing Alabama
Thanks....I'll heighten my attention in those areas.  I had thought about NC, but completely dismissed Maine and AZ.

Borrowing an idea from that other thread when it went the other way. The line your side always put to mock us,  how did it go?  Oh yes:

RUSSSSSSIAAAAAAAA!!!!!

did I get that right?  
I don't understand what you're trying to say here, so I can't answer.

More importantly, it doesn't seem to go toward a response to my initial line of comment/inquiry:

Unless the impeachment mechanism is invoked to clear up seeming abuses of power and illegal foreign collaboration to influence elections, the elections can't be relied upon as a remedy to remove the people conducting the improprieties from power. It would be illogical to not invoke impeachment in this case if one is interested in ensuring elections are to be reliable.

bostonfred said:
Serious question - How much can you tell me about Benghazi without going to Google or wikipedia or any outside help? 
This is a great point actually. Let me ask you guys this, how many people can point out Ukraine on a map without google or Wikipedia? 20%? 25% maybe? It’s actually hilarious this is the hill Democrats are willing to die on. 

Thanks....I'll heighten my attention in those areas.  I had thought about NC, but completely dismissed Maine and AZ.
Dems won a Senate seat in AZ last year and the GOP is running the same candidate who lost that race. 538 is rating the Maine race dead even in a blue leaning state.

For what it's worth, there are two Senate races in Georgia so if you think that state is flippable (I'm doubtful), in theory the Dems could pick up both seats.
The fact that there's two is why I think Dems have a chance to get one. The last statewide races were tight tight tight, the demographics continue to move the Dems' way and the GOP may be hard pressed to run two quality candidates because they're, well, Republicans.

This is a great point actually. Let me ask you guys this, how many people can point out Ukraine on a map without google or Wikipedia? 20%? 25% maybe? It’s actually hilarious this is the hill Democrats are willing to die on. 
If I understand you right, even if Trump did use his office to leverage foreign policy for personal political gain, you don't care because it is the Ukraine?  Is that right?

I would suggest that most people who consider this an abuse of power do not care which country the abuse of power relates to.  It is the abuse of power itself that people have a problem with.  

Wait so this is about Ukraine now?  Weird. I thought it was about the corrupt POTUS...

I don't trust the Dems to have an actual strategy.
The impeachment strategy seems fine to me, as I've felt all along the end result of impeachment/removal is a pipe dream. Trump was right that he could quite literally shoot someone on 5th Ave. JMHO, people like me, who are more in the middle and are nauseated by alt right messaging, terrible foreign policy and obvious corruption, are going to decide 2020. I want accountability and preservation of American values, so going through the hopeless process matters to me as a 2020 voter. What I don't trust is Democrat ability to select a 2020 candidate; e.g. appealing to people in the middle, then putting someone on the ballot that appeals only to the far far left.    

The fact that there's two is why I think Dems have a chance to get one. The last statewide races were tight tight tight, the demographics continue to move the Dems' way and the GOP may be hard pressed to run two quality candidates because they're, well, Republicans.
Might not be in 2020 but there are a few red states ready to turn blue just like Colorado did. I know we have discussed colonization before, it will happen on it's own soon.

Users who are viewing this thread