What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (10 Viewers)

Here’s the scenario I’ve thought about.  The government is going to shut down Nov. 22 unless Trump signs a budget.  Trump says “I’m not signing a budget unless you shut down this impeachment.  Not only that, but when the government does resume, I’ll veto any bill that provides for government employees to get paid for when they’re furloughed.  So Democrats it’s up to you - you can continue this nonsense that isn’t going to get me removed anyway but that will mean thousands of government employees unemployed staring right about when the Holiday season starts.  Or you can just drop the impeachment and I’ll sign a budget.”

I don’t think this is such an easy call for Democrats.
A promise not to impeach isn't going to be enforceable, and attempting to bargain for such a promise would just be added to the articles of impeachment.

I've asked politely twice for you to answer.  Would still like to hear your response as to why you are focusing on the person who pulled the fire alarm, rather than whether or not there is a fire.  And doing all you can to suggest that the fire department not bother responding (even if that is the only way to know if there whistleblower was/is lying and/or had ulterior motives, which could be addressed at that time).
Just move on GB. It's clearly a dead end. Interest has to be on both ends for it to work

So the document edited by the same WH inner circle that tried to hide it in the first place is a verbatim transcript, but the actual transcript of sworn testimony in front of dozens of witnesses is... I dunno?  I mean, what argument are you even trying to make here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s the scenario I’ve thought about.  The government is going to shut down Nov. 22 unless Trump signs a budget.  Trump says “I’m not signing a budget unless you shut down this impeachment.  Not only that, but when the government does resume, I’ll veto any bill that provides for government employees to get paid for when they’re furloughed.  So Democrats it’s up to you - you can continue this nonsense that isn’t going to get me removed anyway but that will mean thousands of government employees unemployed staring right about when the Holiday season starts.  Or you can just drop the impeachment and I’ll sign a budget.”

Interesting though but, man, that just exemplifies the exact behavior he's being accused of. 

That said, I sure hope he isn't smart enough to have hatched this plan himself. 

A promise not to impeach isn't going to be enforceable, and attempting to bargain for such a promise would just be added to the articles of impeachment.
In a legal sense, no, but in the court of public opinion it very well may be. 

However, I definitely agree that the move would just reek of the same behavior he's accused of and would be added. But, alas, I'm not so sure that even matters anymore. 

Trump and friends are doing a good job muddying the waters with this "quid pro quo" stuff. Similar to the "no conspiracy" stuff.

Read the fake transcript. Its good that there are people testifying to drive the point home, but that WH memo is more than enough to impeach.

I think this could fall under the phrase, "there was an attempt."
And it was pulled off to some extent.  For months, congressionally-approved tax payer funding to assist Ukraine *was* withheld.  It remains to be established why, though it certainly appears from consistent testimony by multiple folks that it was tied to pressure to from WH that Ukraine do Trump’s bidding for his own personal gain.  

Oh my. The guy really did consider buying Greenland? 
Well, sorta.

If past is any indicator of future behavior, he’d have leveraged it to the hilt, defaulted, not paid those who put their livelihoods on the line to make it happen, discriminated against folks who wanted to live there along racial lines, and then proclaim victory.

:artofthedeal:

Really disagree with this one.  Dems called his bluff last time and he unilaterally surrendered -- as his poll #s tanked and Senate Republicans begged him to stop.  Which is more or less how its gone each time Republicans have tried this in the last 25 years.

No chance they back down if he tries to shutter government to protect himself.  Dems are emboldened as it is. 

:lol:

Taylor told investigators that it was hard to gather natsec officials together to discuss Ukraine in part because the issue of "purchasing Greenland...took up a lot of energy in the NSC"

Schiff: "Ok. That's disturbing for a whole different reason."
OK. I think we've learned our lesson. Can the controllers of this simulation please unplug us now? This is sort of overkill.

“Whistleblower” is just another Pavlovian term now.  It is the Republicans new “Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice.”

Red line, emails, benghazi, deep state.  Now it is whistleblower.  They all mean the same thing.  

“Whistleblower” is just another Pavlovian term now.  It is the Republicans new “Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice.”

Red line, emails, benghazi, deep state.  Now it is whistleblower.  They all mean the same thing.  
And that thing is that they have no leg to stand on.

whoknew said:
Trump and friends are doing a good job muddying the waters with this "quid pro quo" stuff. Similar to the "no conspiracy" stuff.

Read the fake transcript. Its good that there are people testifying to drive the point home, but that WH memo is more than enough to impeach.
It really isn't and that it why it is dead on arrival in the Senate.  The transcript shows no wrongdoing by Trump.

The Commish said:
It's an interesting time we live in where the level of incompetence to have no clue what was going on at the time is a viable excuse to those trying to dig out of the mess :mellow:  
It's as if attempted burglary (or murder) is no longer a crime in the mind of some

Koya said:
Well, sorta.

If past is any indicator of future behavior, he’d have leveraged it to the hilt, defaulted, not paid those who put their livelihoods on the line to make it happen, discriminated against folks who wanted to live there along racial lines, and then proclaim victory.

:artofthedeal:
Fortunately it was not for sale so he canceled his trip to Denmark. That's a win-win if I ever saw one!

It's as if attempted burglary (or murder) is no longer a crime in the mind of some
I was watching Graham stumbling and fumbling around this and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing.  The performance being put on is truly amazing.  The precedent being set is going to be something to watch moving forward.  We already see the GOP tied up in knots as the Dems follow the rules that the GOP came up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread