What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

Has this become the whistleblower thread (that says whistleblower in the title) where we can’t discuss the whistleblower?  
Of course you can, but a whistleblower process is inherently transparent - because it’s public it’s why we know this happened.

What course would you have preferred Vindman or the WBer have taken?

So the argument that one of the the likely sources of the whistleblower blower information is now sitting on national television talking about everything he heard, what actions he took, and what actions others took but this is somehow a lack of transparency? I'm confused.

Didn't Vindman say the memo wasn't correct in two places? It sure would be interesting to see/hear/read what's on the server...
I don't think there was more than one record created. What was released was the official record of the call. There is no word for word transcript.

It’s her role as basically a damage taker by the GOP that I was referring to. 
Understood.  But if she is sticking up for what she believes is correct and defending the unjustified attacks on the POTUS and risking her job believing in her effort to do what it right it seems silly to make a joke about it.

I don't think there was more than one record created. What was released was the official record of the call. There is no word for word transcript.
Do we have to discuss what a record is? The memo purports to be a record of the call. What's on the server may be another

Understood.  But if she is sticking up for what she believes is correct and defending the unjustified attacks on the POTUS and risking her job believing in her effort to do what it right it seems silly to make a joke about it.
Compare Will Hurd if you’re listening/watching, he’s asking actual questions, not ramrodding talking points as statements for rebroadcast.

Stefanik has been a star for the defense.
This is quite the insightful statement on multiple levels. First, because this isn't a trial, so your use of the word "defense" is inaccurate in that sense (but Freudianly on the mark in terms of Trump and his supporters being on the defensive). Second, because it undercuts the popular talking point that Republicans have trotted out in which they claim that various witnesses are only testifying because they want attention. And third, because it reinforces the belief that the Republican strategy has less to do with facts, and more to do with being a star on TV.

Maybe.  Depends on the reasonableness of the belief.  QAnon followers generally believe they are sticking up for what's right and many jokes about that movement have been quite funny and reasonable.  However, if what she's doing is pandering about something she doesn't even believe in order to try to win an election,  derision in general (not so much on this forum in its extreme forms, of course) seems reasonable.

This is quite the insightful statement on multiple levels. First, because this isn't a trial, so your use of the word "defense" is inaccurate in that sense (but Freudianly on the mark in terms of Trump and his supporters being on the defensive). Second, because it undercuts the popular talking point that Republicans have trotted out in which they claim that various witnesses are only testifying because they want attention. And third, because it reinforces the belief that the Republican strategy has less to do with facts, and more to do with being a star on TV.
Exactly and why the republican's treatment of theses lifelong, exemplary, servants of the US Intelligence and military so despicable. These people aren't charged or even suspected of a crime or impropriaty of any sort. 

Maybe.  Depends on the reasonableness of the belief.  QAnon followers generally believe they are sticking up for what's right and many jokes about that movement have been quite funny and reasonable.  However, if what she's doing is pandering about something she doesn't even believe in order to try to win an election,  derision in general (not so much on this forum in its extreme forms, of course) seems reasonable.
No, comparing Qanon and defending the POTUS against bogus impeachment claims does not seem reasonable.

This is the kind of "looking to jump on anything and turn it to something it's not" we could do without.

I'm guessing it's not the correct legal term, but "defense" is pretty clear what he meant when one side is accusing or considering accusing another. He said she was a helpful witness to that side. If you disagree with his statement and don't think she's been a good witness, say why. Not everything has to be twisted into a point for your side. 

Ratcliffe - Impeachment should be decisive and obvious wrongdoing, two people having different views on demand on call is not obvious.  

Again - Mueller's we can't prove Trump didn't demand investigation type thinking is clouding people's judgement.  Innocent until proven guilty.

Ratcliffe - Impeachment should be decisive and obvious wrongdoing, two people having different views on demand on call is not obvious.  

Again - Mueller's we can't prove Trump didn't demand investigation type thinking is clouding people's judgement.  Innocent until proven guilty.
Does he mention anything about withholding subpoenaed witness testimony that would allow them, and us, from obtaining a clear understanding? 

That's just speculation. It looks like she had her printed questions on white paper and used yellow paper for notes during testimony.

That's just speculation. It looks like she had her printed questions on white paper and used yellow paper for notes during testimony.
It's all speculation. 

But, the questions she asked, she read word for word from the paper. If it was her own thoughts, she would be able to ad lib a good portion of the question from memory. If it wasn't hers, she would read it in order to make sure she didn't miss anything.

Also, each question had it's own page. 

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1· 18m

VINDMAN on the Trump claim that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election: "This is a Russian narrative that President Putin has promoted."

Jim Jordan is having his Blassey-Ford Lindsey Graham moment here showing there isn’t any facts anywhere to be found in this case. 
That’s his intent sure. But Graham was able to make that argument because Blasey Ford has no witnesses that could corroborate her story. In this case we’re hearing one witness after another tell the same thing, which makes Jordan’s speech nonsensical. 

There are a lot of people who absolutely think this is going great for Trump and they are embarrassing all the Dems.  It seems like everyone thinks their side is winning.
Id wonder how...the Rs have yet to question the actual facts.  Bring up Biden, Russia, and so in.  They question the process not the facts and have been insulting of credible people.  That isnt killing it in any possible way.  

It's like we aren't watching the same hearing.  Crazy times.  This just confirms my feeling that people already have their minds set.
I never would have disputed that is the case, but your responses have certainly solidified this. Remember, I'm not watching this as a D or R... I voted third party for a reason in 2016. My opinions have not been formed via some root bias. They've been formed by watching the events of the past three years unfold.

This is the kind of "looking to jump on anything and turn it to something it's not" we could do without.

I'm guessing it's not the correct legal term, but "defense" is pretty clear what he meant when one side is accusing or considering accusing another. He said she was a helpful witness to that side. If you disagree with his statement and don't think she's been a good witness, say why. Not everything has to be twisted into a point for your side. 
Okay, fair enough.

Stefanik is not a witness, btw. She is a Congressperson.

(And I don't think that DN ever said she was a witness, but I admit that I haven't scrutinized all of his posts.)

Do you really see her as a witness for the defense?

I appreciate that both witnesses back off from using certain language that the Representatives lead them to use. This goes for language used from both sides. 

Okay, fair enough.

Stefanik is not a witness, btw. She is a Congressperson.

(And I don't think that DN ever said she was a witness, but I admit that I haven't scrutinized all of his posts.)

Do you really see her as a witness for the defense?
Without trying to pick it apart, I see her as him saying she's someone who's helped their side. 

If you disagree, tell him why you think she has not helped their side. 

Not use it as a launch pad to turn it into Freudian analysis or somehow turn it into a statement about the overall Republican master strategy. 

Users who are viewing this thread