What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (15 Viewers)

so Ron Johnson lied as well
What did Senator Johnson say?

Here's Sondland:

"Fifth, in July and August 2019, we learned that the White House had also suspended security aid to Ukraine. I was adamantly opposed to any suspension of aid, as the Ukrainians needed those funds to fight against Russian aggression. I tried diligently to ask why the aid was suspended, but I never received a clear answer. In the absence of any credible explanation for the suspension of aid, I later came to believe that the resumption of security aid would not occur until there was a public statement from Ukraine committing to the investigations of the 2016 election and Burisma, as Mr. Giuliani had demanded. I shared concerns of the potential quid pro quo regarding the security aid with Senator Ron Johnson. And I also shared my concerns with the Ukrainians."

This is not a man pushing for a pardon.

He is laying it all out there.

The democrats built up a great case showing the timeline and as I have said, the layers of this situation.  Making it over and over about more than the one phone call (despite the efforts of Trump and the Republicans of constantly just saying "transcript" over and over again).  If Sondland went with I don't recall or that he didn't think it was bad...it could have blown up.  But this is big.  Not that it will move the GOP in the Senate big...but this opening statement needs to be broadcast and distributed everywhere so the public will see it.  

If Schiff is smart, he'd bang the gavel after the opening statement, declare no questions, we will go straight to the vote on articles of impeachment!

Jonathan Swan@jonathanvswan

Unless John Bolton does some last minute reversal and voluntarily testifies — a scenario that appears implausible — Gordon Sondland will be the witness who serves as the test case White House’s theory of impeachment... 1/2

It’s a theory that matches our reporting up until today. The theory goes that nothing -- literally nothing -- that happens in these hearings could convince 20 Republican senators to convict President Trump.

it will also be interesting to see if the supreme court actually says enough bs testify you do not have complete immunity and it does not extend down to your henchmen if they dont then i sincerely hope the ds sweep and pack the court into oblivioun take that to the bank brohans 

More proof that facts don't matter to the Administration:

John Harwood@JohnJHarwood

Pam Bondi, just brought on WH communications ace on impeachment, has done her first interview on CBS,

she dismissed Gordon Sondland as a “short-term” ambassador to Ukraine

he’s not the ambassador to Ukraine

I predict that all of the folks in here having their hopes up for some bombshell testimony by Sondlund are going to be severely disappointed.  At the end of the day, Tim will post in here like in the Russia thread that this hoax is over with and it is just best for the Dems to accept defeat and to move on and try and focus on the 2020 election.
Tim did not post that.

Oct 8, 2019

@realDonaldTrump: I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public....

@realDonaldTrump: ....to see. Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!

So, just to reiterate - this is why you have the witnesses go first that they did.  Because Sondland had to make a decision.  And so far it appears he made the one that will let him get out of this with a reputation by telling some significant portion of the truth.

You guys remember when about a month ago Giuliani claimed that everything he did was authorized by the State Department? Nobody believed him, not the mainstream media or Fox News or anyone. 

Apparently, astonishingly, he might have been telling the truth. 

Pam Bondi, just brought on WH communications ace on impeachment, has done her first interview on CBS,

Oh that’s nice of Trump to bring on the person he bribed to stop the Florida investigation into his fake university.

Well she’s not lying then. He was short term. Really short like never but hey 

SONDLAND:

"I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a 'quid pro quo?' As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes."

Users who are viewing this thread