What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (9 Viewers)

there is the out he never heard the specific words that aid was conditioned on the investigation take that to the bank brochachos

There is the out for the GOP...never heard Trump say it specifically...so it never happened.  Forget everything else that everyone has said...that is all they will focus on.

The fact that the Senate will not remove him based on this should be everything anyone needs to know about whether the GOP supports the rule of law or the basic tenets of our system of government.  

Assuming they don't remove him based on all of this, there will never be a Republican who gets my vote again.
I am with you but seeing how VP Pence also knew about his they will not vote to remove since realizing it could mean we may be saying of President Pelosi if they do.

Sondland is tip-toeing around confirming he heard from Trump that he wanted the aid withheld in exchange for the investigation(s).

Here’s one way you can know that it’s as bad as we say: that it IS echo chamber talk. There’s not a single Trump supporter who has posted since this testimony began. They’re silent. 
Yes, I was just searching for Don't Noonan's take and couldn't find anything.

:lmao:   :lmao:

Trump supporters have been knocked for a loop, and can't think straight right now:

Brent Bozell@BrentBozell · 39m

Listen to Sondland and you'll understand why America elected Donald Trump president to get rid of people like Sondland.

Psst - TRUMP HIRED SONDLAND....
In Trump's defense, he at least got a million dollar bribe first

I honestly think the Fox GOP talking point will be so what. it happens on aid requests all the time. its negotiations....etc.
This is the Hugh Hewitt argument. But what  makes it a high crime is not the quid pro quo, but that the quid pro quo was based on a personal political goal of the President which involved recruiting a foreign power to interfere in our upcoming election to Trump’s benefit. 

:lmao:   :lmao:

Trump supporters have been knocked for a loop, and can't think straight right now:

Brent Bozell@BrentBozell · 39m

Listen to Sondland and you'll understand why America elected Donald Trump president to get rid of people like Sondland.

Psst - TRUMP HIRED SONDLAND....
Not only did he hire him, he hired him because he donated $1 million. That’s pretty high up on the swap scale.

Here’s one way you can know that it’s as bad as we say: that it IS echo chamber talk. There’s not a single Trump supporter who has posted since this testimony began. They’re silent. 
Back when we were all much younger and the board was still fun, we would have drummed up a quick contest to name the first Trump supporter to come in here and say "Hearsay!"

The best part is that not only did Trump demand the tinhat investigations, there was QPQ, etc but Trump didn’t even care if they did the investigations. He just wanted it out there. Didn’t care that he was giving 400 million to a corrupt country, didn’t care if anything was true, just wanted the announcement.

This is so ####### clear. It’s all laid out. We are done here.

Jeffrey Toobin: we can divide the Trump presidency into two periods: before November 20 and after. 

THIS is why I said these public hearings would change everything. It doesn’t mean that he will be removed- I still don’t think he will be. But he’s not going to be re-elected. He’s a lame duck IMO. 

I expect the GOP to attack Sondland and try to paint him as a bumbling fool.  
oh yeah for sure and also to repeat about a billion times he cant recall directly hearing trump say investigations for aid take that to the forecast bank bromigos

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Claire McCaskill on MSNBC:

"Everyone knew that Giuliani had been tasked with accomplishing this dirty political op ... and now, we have a witness who says, 'yes, Giuliani was speaking for the president.

I honestly think the Fox GOP talking point will be so what. it happens on aid requests all the time. its negotiations....etc.
I think it will be radio silence for awhile before they get their marching orders. Lots of no comments and no one available for interviews. This might be the moment GOP leadership decides if it’s worth saving Trump or if they’re better off going a different direction. I doubt anyone will say much until they know if there’s more fallout from this.

i hope the dems and rs dont play a bunch of bs games with this and actually take it seriuosly and not just make soundbyte clips but hey i might as well hope a money tree sprouts up in my back yard cause it aint gonna happen take that to the bank bromigos

Just got back from a meeting.  Is this as bad as you say or is this just echo chamber talk?
The only way this could be worse for the administration is if there was a recording of Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani saying the things Sondland is testifying that they said.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
There is the out for the GOP...never heard Trump say it specifically...so it never happened.  Forget everything else that everyone has said...that is all they will focus on.
The GOP can try to claim that Sondland never heard Trump say it specifically...

...but the problem with that is...

...Sondland nonetheless told Ukraine that the money was being frozen until the "investigation" was announced.

Which completely destroys the previous talking point that Ukraine felt no pressure.

Jeffrey Toobin: we can divide the Trump presidency into two periods: before November 20 and after. 

THIS is why I said these public hearings would change everything. It doesn’t mean that he will be removed- I still don’t think he will be. But he’s not going to be re-elected. He’s a lame duck IMO. 
I'll give some credit where it's due.  Republicans were right.  These hearings did need to be open to the public.

I predict that all of the folks in here having their hopes up for some bombshell testimony by Sondlund are going to be severely disappointed.  At the end of the day, Tim will post in here like in the Russia thread that this hoax is over with and it is just best for the Dems to accept defeat and to move on and try and focus on the 2020 election.
Here you go SWC. I especially like the part where he calls me out. 

I predict that all of the folks in here having their hopes up for some bombshell testimony by Sondlund are going to be severely disappointed.  At the end of the day, Tim will post in here like in the Russia thread that this hoax is over with and it is just best for the Dems to accept defeat and to move on and try and focus on the 2020 election.
Here you go SWC. I especially like the part where he calls me out. 
so it looks to me like he was just wrong but that is my interpretation of it and i am sorry for what he done said about you take that to the bank bromigo

Users who are viewing this thread