What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate going to places with loud music (1 Viewer)

Why in the world does a bowling alley need to pump in loud music? Can't I just enjoy the sounds of conversation between friends?

Am I just getting old or does anyone else hate going out now too?
assuming it's one of those bowling alleys that goes all dark with the black lights as well.  

I don't mind them ...though not my preference.  I'm an old-school bowling alley guy - especially when they have a very dark bar and floozies - also a counter-stool diner with great cheeseburgers and crispy crinkle-cut fries.  

Why in the world does a bowling alley need to pump in loud music? Can't I just enjoy the sounds of conversation between friends?

I find some places don't know how to set the volume. Often it's just a touch to high. You can usually tell the bartender and they'll turn it down depending on the place.

I don't go to BWW for this reason. And others. They are idiots with the volume.

I don’t know, it’s Friday/Saturday  night so why not play some loud music and have some fun? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and some old work buddies get together for beers every month or two. Have been for years. We avoid some places for this very reason. Sure, I’m older than many at these places, but even when I was in my 20s it drove me nuts. 

As referenced above, not a bad place to find easy ladies. Must be the bowling pins that turn them on.

Quote from the butler in the movie Arthur:

"Normally, someone would have to go to a bowling alley to meet someone of your stature."

Jobber said:
Me and some old work buddies get together for beers every month or two. Have been for years. We avoid some places for this very reason. Sure, I’m older than many at these places, but even when I was in my 20s it drove me nuts. 
This. I want to be able to have a conversation without having to yell. 

Jobber said:
Yeah, it's not an age thing. It's a being able to communicate with your friends thing. If the music is so loud in a place like that that you can't talk to your friends without yelling in their ear, somebody sucks at their job. And if somebody is that clueless, that means the music is also going to be cringe-worthily terrible.

:lol:   At lunch one day walked into a sneaker store (foot locker or finish line or wahtever) - the music was so freaking loud i could barely hear the worker.

I was like wtf is going on in here.  I was fully expecting a bunch of people to come out from the back and start partying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even when I was young, I hated places with loud music.  I always liked sitting down, having some beers and having fun conversation.  If I wanted to listen to music loud and not be able to talk to anyone, I'd go to a library with headphones.  

I like music playing.  But why does it have to be at a level where you can't talk with anyone unless you're yelling in their ear?

:lol:   At lunch one day walked into a sneaker store (foot locker or finish line or wahtever) - the music was so freaking loud i could barely hear the worker.

I was like wtf is going on in here.  I was fully expecting a bunch of people to come out from the back and start partying.
I think the most important part of this discussion is that reasonable people have reasonable expectations of volume and should act accordingly. Out to to get down, loud music, please! Out to have a drink with friends and converse, perhaps a restaurant where the din isn't that bad. Establishments need to act accordingly, too, and have a ready explanation for both choice of music and volume. It can be, after all, noise pollution. It's an element of property law...blah blah blah.  

Otherwise, you really need to keep in mind and negotiate the wild. You clubs, bars, bowling alleys, pool halls, etc., music gig enclaves will likely have loud music. Stay away if you're catching up with old friends and such. It seems like planning would really take care of the problems in this thread. 

As for belljr's comment goes, I've been there at times like that the sneaker/hat stores, usually tucked away in the bottom corner of your suburban mall. One time I went, wisps of smoke were escaping out the back door from which the worker came. Dude was slurred. So funny. 

Oh yeah, but if this song is ever too loud or not encouraged, I'm not doing things right. My jam, my girl, riffing off of and ripping off infectious Michael. 

Please Don't Stop The Music

Users who are viewing this thread