What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (6 Viewers)

I also agree 100% with Nipsey about the ride in the SUV. Tony was being petty to get back at Bobby. Bobby mentions that he should have taken a leak at home, Tony gives a look like, "Oh, sucks to be you, I guess", looks out the window to see the main road that he's supposed to be turning down, then bypasses it to take the dirt road, with the obvious reason being to make Bobby hold it in awhile longer. Seriously, the "Bobby might be getting whacked" angle is reaching, if you watch it again closely. But since more than one person here thought that, you have to give credit to Chase. He has developed Tony's character to the point where you wouldn't be totally surprised if he went to those lengths.
It's amazing the different interpretations that people have. My opinion of it is the fact that Bobby has to take a piss means he's terrifed of Tony. When he admit's to Tony that he has to take a leak right there and then Tony's knows that Bobby is still deathly afraid of him. That look in Tony's eyes, to me, was a smug...yeah I still got it look. Tony enjoys being feared as much as anything and perhaps with him turning a year older and get his ### handed to him he may have been having some self doubts creeping him. Bobby basically admitting fear made Tony feel like his old self.

I also agree 100% with Nipsey about the ride in the SUV. Tony was being petty to get back at Bobby. Bobby mentions that he should have taken a leak at home, Tony gives a look like, "Oh, sucks to be you, I guess", looks out the window to see the main road that he's supposed to be turning down, then bypasses it to take the dirt road, with the obvious reason being to make Bobby hold it in awhile longer. Seriously, the "Bobby might be getting whacked" angle is reaching, if you watch it again closely. But since more than one person here thought that, you have to give credit to Chase. He has developed Tony's character to the point where you wouldn't be totally surprised if he went to those lengths.
It's amazing the different interpretations that people have. My opinion of it is the fact that Bobby has to take a piss means he's terrifed of Tony. When he admit's to Tony that he has to take a leak right there and then Tony's knows that Bobby is still deathly afraid of him. That look in Tony's eyes, to me, was a smug...yeah I still got it look. Tony enjoys being feared as much as anything and perhaps with him turning a year older and get his ### handed to him he may have been having some self doubts creeping him. Bobby basically admitting fear made Tony feel like his old self.
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :shock: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.

Finless said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :yawn: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Just watched it again and I don't understand how anyone could think Tony did not pull of the road in response to Bobby stating he had to piss. Right after Bobby made his statement, the gravel road shows up and Tony takes a sharp right chirping the wheels. Bobby gives Tony a look like "oh ####". That is the only purpose of the scene. Whether or not he lets him out to piss is up for debate but he definitely pulls off the road to have the viewers and Bobby think "this could be it".Why else have the scene?
I don't think we're watching the same show.

Finless said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :yawn: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Just watched it again and I don't understand how anyone could think Tony did not pull of the road in response to Bobby stating he had to piss. Right after Bobby made his statement, the gravel road shows up and Tony takes a sharp right chirping the wheels. Bobby gives Tony a look like "oh ####". That is the only purpose of the scene. Whether or not he lets him out to piss is up for debate but he definitely pulls off the road to have the viewers and Bobby think "this could be it".Why else have the scene?
I definitely agree it's open to interpretation. But to me, "I should have taken a whiz back at the house" <> "You're scaring me so bad right now that I am losing control of my bladder".

Darth Cheney said:
I hate not having HBO..... GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
You can watch the reruns on A&E. Take out the gratuituous violence, T&A and commercials, and it's the best 23 seconds on TV.

Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :lmao: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :lmao: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"Tony keeps driving.The End.

Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :wall: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
You're WRONG!!!! :rant: I'm RIGHT!!!! :hot: :lmao: :banned:

Finless said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :thumbup: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :shrug: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"

Tony keeps driving takes a sharp right down a shady gravel road.

The End.
Just had to touch that up a bit.
If you watch when he takes the right, the road looks paved. When he actually gets on the road, the sound effect is gravely. I don't know why that matters as they're up in the sticks anyway. Also, look at Tony's face when he makes the turn. There is nothing indicative of anything "going down" accept Tony just isn't going to stop to let him piss. That's why he originally asks Bobby if he's OK, he's looking for a petty way to get back at him. When Bobby says he needs to piss, Tony's found his little revengeby not stopping and taking the bumpiest road he can while Bobby is about to piss himself.That's pretty much what the whole episode was about. Pettiness. From the gun charge, to Janice's BS, to Carmela's sparkling water, to Bobby's whining about Monopoly, to Tony's not wanting to make anything out of his birthday and everything else. The episode was called "Soprono Family Home Movies" or something like that. That's what their family is all about. Petty bull####. FWIW, I loved the episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Tony woke up in the middle of the night to go into Bobby's and Janice's bedroom, anyone notice what time it was on the digital clock? :coffee:

FWIW, Sepinwall's take.

One of the better reviewers of this show of ours, IMHO.
Wonderful! Well worth quoting.
"Tony is not a vindictive man."

Uh, Carm? You want to watch last night's episode and get back to me on that?

Forcing Bacala to get his hands bloody after so many years of avoiding murder was the worst thing Tony could have done to his brother-in-law, short of whacking one of Bobby's kids. And all over a fight that started with a silly argument over the unofficial Free Parking rule in Monopoly. That is some revenge served up sub-zero, the sort of calculating evil that only one other character in "Sopranos" history would be capable of:

Livia.

Ever since Janice turned up in season two, we've been taught to believe in an obvious gender-based personality inheritance. Tony is his father's son, with Johnny Boy's temper and ego. Janice is Livia's daughter, with the scheming and the passive-agressive manipulation. Simple, right? Not really, according to the final season premiere, "Soprano Home Movies," in which Janice of all people - delusional Janice, who rewrites every second of her autobiography to make herself into the heroine - suggests that the roles might be reversed.

And, in fact, killing Richie for punching her in the mouth (presented in a sad, funny alternate history to Carmela) was more a Johnny Boy reaction than a Livia one. Livia wouldn't have shot Richie. She would have henpecked him to death, or found something he loved and taken it from him. What Tony did to Bacala, meanwhile, as payback for the Monopoly brawl, is exactly the move Livia would have made, where Johnny Boy and Janice both would have gone straight to pistols or knives or whatever weapon was handy.

In looking back over the series, I've always wondered how things would have gone if Nancy Marchand hadn't died after season two. Livia was so fundamental to the show - David Chase having based her on his own mother - that everything after her death feels almost like a backup plan. And yet as the show heads to a close, Livia's spirit remains a presence, and last night's episode was our strongest hint since season five's "Cold Cuts" (the one where Tony provoked Janice into attacking him because he was jealous of her good mood) that Tony is in the process of becoming the person he most feared and loathed.

He isn't becoming New Tony, that's for sure. It took a while after last year's shooting, but all the "every day a gift" and "they go about in pity for themselves" quotes couldn't keep Tony's true nature hidden forever. If "Soprano Home Movies" was slower-paced and more claustrophobic than I suspect some of you may have liked, it was also a crucial reminder that Tony is not, no matter how much we try to rationalize all his behavior because James Gandolfini is so charismatic, a nice person, not in any way. He is selfish and judgmental. He nurses grudges and takes advantage of his power as boss to make sure he always wins. He's a monster, even if he's our monster, and even if Livia made him into one.

(She did a number on Janice, too, obviously. Watching Janice flip out over Nica for acting her age and saying "No!" made me feel just a little bit sorry for her for the first time. And it made me feel very sorry for Nica, who's destined to put some therapist's kid through private school.)

The show began with a brief prologue where Tony was arrested for the gun he dropped in the snow at the end of season five. (Carmela's "Is this it?" as the Essex County sherriffs pounded on the front door served as a nice opening statement for a season where the audience is waiting to see when or if Tony will be arrested or killed.) But after cameo appearances by most of the wiseguys from both sides of the Hudson (the Jersey ones awaiting Tony's return from jail, the New York ones greeting the rehabilitated Phil Leotardo and telling jokes about the "farmers" in Jersey), Tony, Carm and the episode headed off for Bacala's cabin for their own road company version of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

Even by the standards of "Sopranos" episodes set largely outside the characters' home turf, this one felt like a departure. Director Tim Van Patten's use of dissolves to illustrate the passage of time, coupled with all those lingering shots of Bacala's lake, gave the precedings a relaxed, almost hypnotic quality, one that made the ugliness of the Monopoly game (even before the brawl) especially shocking. Everyone's having a fine old time telling old stories, getting drunk, singing karaoke, and all of a sudden Tony's getting pounded on by walking fat joke Bacala?

The hour was largely a refresher course on Tony, Janice and their history, but it also gave Bacala the dignity he's so often been deprived by the writers. Having to kill that Canadian guy just crushed him, and when the Canadian ripped open Bobby's shirt as the second bullet was fired, it exposed his broken heart for all of us to see.

As I said in my preview last week, if "Soprano Home Movies" was too on the quiet side for your taste (even with the brawl and the shooting and Tony teaching that tree a lesson it won't forget), know that next week's show will likely be more your speed. In the meantime, some other thoughts:

-Proving once again that the genius of the show is in the little details, I give you Carmela brushing off the Monopoly piece stuck to Tony's bloody cheek.

-Michael Imperioli had, what, 10 or 15 seconds of screentime? Still, Christopher seemed clear-headed in that cameo, so maybe he's on the wagon again. Either way, Tony doesn't seem over the Julianna thing.

-Some of the funniest aspects of the show are the things left unsaid. Last year, a big deal was made of Tony getting tough with A.J. and forcing him to do that construction job, and we were left with the implication that A.J. had finally come within spitting distance of a work ethic. So, of course, we return from hiatus and now he's working at a pizzeria. So much for both his maturity and Tony's tough love.

-Know your Family: Two important characters to keep an eye on from the brief glimpse of the New York mob are Doc Santoro and Gerry "The Hairdo" Torciano. Doc's the white-haired guy who's been serving as unofficial boss during Phil's recovery, the one the other wiseguys were complaining about. Gerry the Hairdo (possibly my favorite nickname in show history) is the one who complimented Phil on looking good. He popped up several times last season (looking blonder); he was one of Vito's killers.

-"Sopranos" hypocrisy in action: the "they oughta build a wall now" comments after Bobby's story about his grandfather entering America illegally.

-When Tony started asking Janice, "I'm different how? How am I different?," I can't have been the only one to flash back to the "Funny how?" scene from "Goodfellas," can I?

-In addition to Janice's Richie story, we had Tony and Bacala discussing the killing prowess of the late Bacala Sr., played by Burt Young, who coughed himself to death after the bloodiest shootout in "Sopranos" history, in season three's "Another Toothpick."

-Another subtle callback: Carmela's other birthday present for Tony (the one in the bedroom, not the golf clubs) was a reminder of the scene in season one's "Boca" where we found out that Tony returns the favor once a year and only once a year.
CJ,You are officially in charge of quoting Sepinwall's column every Monday.

:coffee:

So instead of puking, we get to see some guy crapping on the holding cell toilet? Nice. Did anybody else catch this? :yes:
:coffee: The fact that David Chase didn't rely on puking or another self-important dream sequence made it a solid episode for me.I thoroughly enjoyed it despite the slow the start. So much subtle comedy (Christopher's cameo, the house stuck to the face, Tony's singing) and a fight where Tony finally gets his butt kicked (c'mon FBG, you filter every different way of saying the PG-rated version of the word?!?)...yet can't bring himself to admit it.Like I've said before, I don't need graphic violence, explicit sex (although it's always nice), or toilet humor to enjoy the show. Just give me an intriguing storyline, interesting dialogue, and characters I care about, and you're on the right track to ending the season the right way!

Bobby's a made guy, yet he had never kilt anyone before?

How's that work. :coffee: I thought a whacking was Condition #1 on being made.

How's that work. :devil: I thought a whacking was Condition #1 on being made.
I think being a top earner trumps that. Remember: Bobby is also the only member of the family without a gumar. He gets the job done, cracks a few skulls, but doesn't get in the position where he has to take someone out (until yesterday.)Speaking of which, that was something else I enjoyed about last night. The foreshadowing on the boat with Tony reminiscing about Bobby's dad (the killer) and how Bobby never wanted to take that route.

How's that work. :devil: I thought a whacking was Condition #1 on being made.
I think being a top earner trumps that. Remember: Bobby is also the only member of the family without a gumar. He gets the job done, cracks a few skulls, but doesn't get in the position where he has to take someone out (until yesterday.)Speaking of which, that was something else I enjoyed about last night. The foreshadowing on the boat with Tony reminiscing about Bobby's dad (the killer) and how Bobby never wanted to take that route.
And the "DNA" comment as well. That could come to fruition.

I saw a couple of continuity or art direction or whatever mistakes.

When she reads the "Second Place in a Beauty COntestant" card, it is green. It should have been orange.

When she buys a house, its red and it should have been green.

(I played way too much monopoly in college.)

When Tony woke up in the middle of the night to go into Bobby's and Janice's bedroom, anyone notice what time it was on the digital clock? :bye:
Actually, it wasn't a digital clock. It was one of the clocks that had roll-style numbers. I'm not sure of the technical name, but the numbers would flip down from the top as the minutes changed. They were popular in the 70's. The time was 4:04.
I saw a couple of continuity or art direction or whatever mistakes.When she reads the "Second Place in a Beauty COntestant" card, it is green. It should have been orange.When she buys a house, its red and it should have been green.(I played way too much monopoly in college.)
I thought the card looked gray. In any case, the card "You have won second prize in a beauty contest- collect $10" is a Community Chest card, which would make it a yellow card. Chance cards are orange.I also noticed that when they zoomed in on the bloody "house", it is without a doubt a hotel. At least, the shape is a hotel. However, it's green, like a house would be. If it was a hotel it should have been red. :bye:One other thing- since we were speculating at the end of the first half of Season 6 that Phil might be gay. Remember the "coming out of the closet" to kill Vito? The clutching of the bed sheets in apparent enjoyment as Vito was beaten to death? I noticed that when Phil was talking to his captains, there was an uncomfortable moment between him and The Hairdo. They look deep into each other's eyes and Phil gives him a fond pinch on the cheek. It hovers on their exchange for a few moments. I'm not saying that it's absolutely indicative of anything, but it was weird.

I give Bobby a lot of credit for having the stones to pop Tony when he deserved it. That showed me a lot about Bobby. I know he was a very good family man (too bad he got saddled with Janice) but to actually punch Tony in the face took real balls.

Forcing Bacala to get his hands bloody after so many years of avoiding murder was the worst thing Tony could have done to his brother-in-law, short of whacking one of Bobby's kids. And all over a fight that started with a silly argument over the unofficial Free Parking rule in Monopoly.
i didn't feel like the fight really started over the soprano's free parking rule. bobby started getting really angry when tony was teasing janice. she landed on boardwalk and said she owned it, and tony said she blew guys under it. bobby started getting ticked then. then janice won something like 10 dollars for second prize in a beauty contest. tony said something like a german shephard shaved ##### won first prize. that's when bobby said that's his wife and home, and the sopranos go too far. tony apologized to janice, and then started singing "under the boardwalk, with a schlong in jans mouth." that's when the fist started flying.

Forcing Bacala to get his hands bloody after so many years of avoiding murder was the worst thing Tony could have done to his brother-in-law, short of whacking one of Bobby's kids. And all over a fight that started with a silly argument over the unofficial Free Parking rule in Monopoly.
i didn't feel like the fight really started over the soprano's free parking rule. bobby started getting really angry when tony was teasing janice. she landed on boardwalk and said she owned it, and tony said she blew guys under it. bobby started getting ticked then. then janice won something like 10 dollars for second prize in a beauty contest. tony said something like a german shephard shaved ##### won first prize. that's when bobby said that's his wife and home, and the sopranos go too far. tony apologized to janice, and then started singing "under the boardwalk, with a schlong in jans mouth." that's when the fist started flying.
"You Sopranos. You go too far."

"You Sopranos. You go too far."
Roadies?!

One other thing- since we were speculating at the end of the first half of Season 6 that Phil might be gay. Remember the "coming out of the closet" to kill Vito? The clutching of the bed sheets in apparent enjoyment as Vito was beaten to death? I noticed that when Phil was talking to his captains, there was an uncomfortable moment between him and The Hairdo. They look deep into each other's eyes and Phil gives him a fond pinch on the cheek. It hovers on their exchange for a few moments. I'm not saying that it's absolutely indicative of anything, but it was weird.
I thought that whole scene in the bar was really weird and awkward. And that little guy in Phil's crew is really weird too. He looks like a carney.

I saw a couple of continuity or art direction or whatever mistakes.When she reads the "Second Place in a Beauty COntestant" card, it is green. It should have been orange.When she buys a house, its red and it should have been green.(I played way too much monopoly in college.)
If I remember right the Monopoly board was just a black and white board no color. My guess is they intelligently made the Monopoly board off a bit cause they didn't have permission to use it.

Finless said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :scared: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :shock: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"

Tony keeps driving takes a sharp right down a shady gravel road.

The End.
Just had to touch that up a bit.
If you watch when he takes the right, the road looks paved. When he actually gets on the road, the sound effect is gravely. I don't know why that matters as they're up in the sticks anyway. Also, look at Tony's face when he makes the turn. There is nothing indicative of anything "going down" accept Tony just isn't going to stop to let him piss. That's why he originally asks Bobby if he's OK, he's looking for a petty way to get back at him. When Bobby says he needs to piss, Tony's found his little revengeby not stopping and taking the bumpiest road he can while Bobby is about to piss himself.That's pretty much what the whole episode was about. Pettiness. From the gun charge, to Janice's BS, to Carmela's sparkling water, to Bobby's whining about Monopoly, to Tony's not wanting to make anything out of his birthday and everything else. The episode was called "Soprono Family Home Movies" or something like that. That's what their family is all about. Petty bull####. FWIW, I loved the episode.
fwiw, I like your take on the episode, however- I felt on top of what you're saying about the pettiness, the latter part of the episode built tension over what that fight would ultimately mean. Can Bobby hit the boss and get away with it, even if he's "family"?

Can Tony still be boss and elicit the respect required by getting beat up by an underling, even if he's "family"?

The wife and I both commented on the tension being built within the episode after that fight. Janice and Bobby were freaked when they woke up- especially Janice, as she knows her brother all too well. I wrote earlier about the scene between Janice and Carmella at the water- for me that whole scene was about the two women having hung-over chit-chat to cover up what they were both worrying about- what is Tony going to do to Bobby.

I don't think I'm reading too much into things there. As such, the "I've got to take a piss" scene- yeah ultimately it shows the pettiness of the family, but in the moment the director used it to build theatrical tension. Seems to me like it can be both.

If I remember right the Monopoly board was just a black and white board no color. My guess is they intelligently made the Monopoly board off a bit cause they didn't have permission to use it.
This is very strange.I went back and watched the scene, and they do show some of the colors of the spaces on the board, most notably at the part where Bobby shows the empty liquor bottle and asks who wants more.However, if they didn't have permission to use the board, I don't know why they would make repeated use of the Monopoly terms and spaces (Parker Brothers, Boardwalk, Income Tax, Marvin Gardens, Free Parking, railroads, etc).And, the money colors are all off. Here's where I really show what a dorky kid I was. I played so much Monopoly with my cousins when I was a kid that I can tell you from memory what colors each of the bills are. I even won a bet a few years ago where I recited from memory each of the board spaces in order from Go to Boardwalk. :hophead: My point was to say that the money colors weren't right. The $100 bills are white in the episode. Not faded, like some of them did do. They were bone white. So I just checked out "vintage Monopoly" games on Ebay. Ever since it's inception in 1936, Monopoly has always used the same color for their bills. They used to use wooden houses and hotels (my aunt had one of these boards so I remember it), but other than that, aside from a few minor and cosmetic changes, it's basically the same game that it was in 1936.

I'm thinking they had some variation game like a 50th anniversary edition or something. The did have version with green hotels , you can get some on ebay but I couldn't see any with different card colors or even green wood.

The stuff we "worry" about :kicksrock:

When Tony woke up in the middle of the night to go into Bobby's and Janice's bedroom, anyone notice what time it was on the digital clock? :D
Actually, it wasn't a digital clock. It was one of the clocks that had roll-style numbers. I'm not sure of the technical name, but the numbers would flip down from the top as the minutes changed. They were popular in the 70's.
:whoosh: So umm.... ANYWAY
The time was 4:04
Right, and I can't believe this was a coincidence. When you can't access a webpage you get a "404" error message. Perhaps Chase is telling us that Tony couldn't compute getting his ### kicked?Right after that, he walked into Bobby's bedroom and said "You beat me -- fair and square."

:moneybag:

Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :shrug: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :shrug: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"Tony keeps driving.The End.
His take is not ridiculous. Bobby needs to piss, Tony cranks the steering wheel off the main road to a gravel road. Call it what you want, that looks like a Piss Turn to me.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that when Tony woke up after the fight and went into their bedroom that he might wack him right there in front of his sister?

jdoggydogg said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :thumbup: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :thumbup: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"Tony keeps driving.The End.
His take is not ridiculous. Bobby needs to piss, Tony cranks the steering wheel off the main road to a gravel road. Call it what you want, that looks like a Piss Turn to me.
Piss turn? If that means he makes the turn quickly onto a bumpy road as to make Bobby feel more uncomfortable with the full bladder, that's what I'm saying.

jdoggydogg said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :thumbup: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"Tony keeps driving.The End.
FWIW, what guy hasn't done something like this to a buddy before? You're out partying, your buddy says he has to piss, and you purposely hit a pot hole, swerve violently, or brake suddenly to jostle him around and screw with him. I'm sure we've all done variations of this before.

jdoggydogg said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Finless said:
Nipsey said:
Pipes said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :thumbdown: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :scared: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"Tony keeps driving.The End.
FWIW, what guy hasn't done something like this to a buddy before? You're out partying, your buddy says he has to piss, and you purposely hit a pot hole, swerve violently, or brake suddenly to jostle him around and screw with him. I'm sure we've all done variations of this before.
I haven't, but that's a pretty good idea.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that when Tony woke up after the fight and went into their bedroom that he might wack him right there in front of his sister?
I'll go out on a limb and suggest you're the ONLY person in the world who thought that. :scared:
I thought it too- didn't expect it, but thought it :thumbdown:
I can't fathom how anyone would even consider that a possibility... but fair enough.

The final season of The Sopranos premiered this past Sunday to very disappointing ratings.

The first of the final nine episodes drew an audience of 7.66 million people Sunday, on a FREE HBO WEEKEND no less.

About 9.5 million tuned in to watch the show's sixth-season premiere in March 2006.

The decline continues a downward trend for the show, which hit a high mark of 13 million-plus viewers for the season four premiere in September 2002.

While the numbers for The Sopranos may be down, Entourage premiered to its biggest audience ever.

Close to 3.77 million people tuned in on Sunday to watch Entourage.

That's an improvement of about a million viewers over last June's previous best.

The final season of The Sopranos premiered this past Sunday to very disappointing ratings.

The first of the final nine episodes drew an audience of 7.66 million people Sunday, on a FREE HBO WEEKEND no less.

About 9.5 million tuned in to watch the show's sixth-season premiere in March 2006.

The decline continues a downward trend for the show, which hit a high mark of 13 million-plus viewers for the season four premiere in September 2002.

While the numbers for The Sopranos may be down, Entourage premiered to its biggest audience ever.

Close to 3.77 million people tuned in on Sunday to watch Entourage.

That's an improvement of about a million viewers over last June's previous best.
:goodposting:

I love this show - so psyched it is back.

But, I found the entire premiere episode to be very predictable. Except for the Brooklyn Family scenes, I didn't enjoy it much. Though, it was nice to see a continuation of last year's theme of Bobby flashing his mobster chops.

And, he popped his cherry with a nice poker face and with no hesitation.

Finless said:
Finless said:
Finless said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :goodposting: )Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :shrug: Bobby: "I need to take a leak"Tony keeps driving.The End.
:daps:
:confused:

Finless said:
Finless said:
Finless said:
Finless said:
Or maybe Bobby just had to take a whiz. ( :popcorn: )

Anything is open to interpretation, sure. I just posted because someone had said Tony pulled over to let Bobby pee and that never happened.
Just watched it again and I don't understand how anyone could think Tony did not pull of the road in response to Bobby stating he had to piss. Right after Bobby made his statement, the gravel road shows up and Tony takes a sharp right chirping the wheels. Bobby gives Tony a look like "oh ####". That is the only purpose of the scene. Whether or not he lets him out to piss is up for debate but he definitely pulls off the road to have the viewers and Bobby think "this could be it".

Why else have the scene?
Nips....don't do this
Don't do what? Your take on this scene is ridiculous. :yes:

Bobby: "I need to take a leak"

Tony keeps driving.

The End.
:daps:
:lmao:
This is daps

:X
I thought you said he let him piss?

Users who are viewing this thread