What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

So what happens now? Wrexham have to play the return game to see who advances?

They play again soon at SHU home. Don’t remember when they changed it but years ago they would replay until there was a winner. Titus will probably know the record but I think they had some 6 and 7 replays.

So what happens now? Wrexham have to play the return game to see who advances?

Correct. Works out well for Sheffield United as they were down a man so would have been at a disadvantage in extra time today, and now they get a home game to decide it. The replay game will have ET and penalties if needed. After this round, there are no more replays in the FA Cup and all games will be decided like normal knockout games.

Holy crap. One of the great FA Cup runs of all time and it just happens to be part of a reality TV series?

ETA: oof. An 8-1 curb-stomping in the replay at Bramall Lane inbound.

Hey, they just beat Coventry on the road. Most likely a loss but no way it’s 8-1.
The way they've been playing it'll be 8-3

I know you both are joking but that scoreline was no fluke. I don't know much about SHU and imagine they'll win and maybe comfortably but if the talent gulf was large enough for a 8-1 or 8-3 prediction we would have seen it yesterday.

Holy crap. One of the great FA Cup runs of all time and it just happens to be part of a reality TV series?

Hey, they just beat Coventry on the road. Most likely a loss but no way it’s 8-1.

I know you both are joking but that scoreline was no fluke. I don't know much about SHU and imagine they'll win and maybe comfortably but if the talent gulf was large enough for a 8-1 or 8-3 prediction we would have seen it yesterday.
I was joking, a little. Wrexham have set the record for scoring 3+ goals in each round, which is why I changed it to 3.

A team 2nd in the Championship vs a National League team should be an easy win for the Championship side. I don't know their roster enough to know if it was a full strength team or youth. Did Sheffield take it seriously? Who knows. Plus add in the fact they were at Wrexham, perhaps that gave a bounce and a surprise. And of course the magic of the FA Cup....

Now that Sheffield has been slapped and are going home after the "Fergie Time" equalizer, I think they win comfortably.

I was joking, a little. Wrexham have set the record for scoring 3+ goals in each round, which is why I changed it to 3.

A team 2nd in the Championship vs a National League team should be an easy win for the Championship side. I don't know their roster enough to know if it was a full strength team or youth. Did Sheffield take it seriously? Who knows. Plus add in the fact they were at Wrexham, perhaps that gave a bounce and a surprise. And of course the magic of the FA Cup....

Now that Sheffield has been slapped and are going home after the "Fergie Time" equalizer, I think they win comfortably.

We made five changes from the last league game. Not the strongest lineup we could put out (no Berge or Ndiaye but the latter came on), but certainly not the reserves

It will be interesting to see how those two sides handle it. Both are looking good for promotion - advancing a round to face Tottenham at home I would think is nice but not nearly as nice as promotion.

It will be interesting to see how those two sides handle it. Both are looking good for promotion - advancing a round to face Tottenham at home I would think is nice but not nearly as nice as promotion.
Sheffield United looks good but Wrexham is still in a promotion dogfight. There’s only one automatic promotion in the National League; a playoff decides the second.

Sean Longstaff with a brace already, Bruno with some filth on the first one, and Toon Army getting ready to book their trip to Wembley.

League Cup Final is set: Manchester United v Newcastle United

0-0 72' min, Rashford, Martial, Sancho come in for United
2-0 76' min as Martial and Fred get goals.

lol Enzo is starting for Chelsea today. Maybe he had one practice run yesterday? With Jorginho gone and both Kova and Kante injured, I guess he's the best option Potter has.

Chelsea just needs to sign another half dozen players.
LOL. Something about putting on the Chelsea kit makes guys immune to scoring?

I will say that Enzo looked really good. Madeuke too. And Badiashille looks to have the tools to be a world class defender. The signings, at least this window, look like they could be difference makers in the future. Don't know if that matters if they still don't have anyone capable of scoring.

The dead-cat bounce for Everton against Arsenal. Bad timing for the Gunners. I think Everton stay up with Dyche though it won’t be entertaining football.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Arsenal - only the league to play for until March when R16 starts for them. But if City win today and next week then Arsenal go in to 2nd if they lose the makeup match that following midweek.

I haven't been watching much this season...

wth is going with Liverpool?
They honestly look like a team that played a trillion games last season, didn’t have much of a break, and didn’t refresh the team enough.
I watched a bit... turned it on to catch the 2nd goal off a freekick. I watched the 2nd/3rd ball... and Liverpool as a team just standing and watching the wolves player- IN THE BOX- take it, stand on it and find the cross, without a single player making a move to get him.

I haven't been watching much this season...

They honestly look like a team that played a trillion games last season, didn’t have much of a break, and didn’t refresh the team enough.
I watched a bit... turned it on to catch the 2nd goal off a freekick. I watched the 2nd/3rd ball... and Liverpool as a team just standing and watching the wolves player- IN THE BOX- take it, stand on it and find the cross, without a single player making a move to get him.
Yeah, they’re not in mid-table by some fluke.

Seattle is playing a Club World Cup game today against Egypt’s Al Ahly SC.
Announcer said the expectations in Egypt for Al-Ahly is "better than 3rd place." I don't know anyone in Egypt, but they must be insane. If they win this game, they face Real Madrid who they would need to beat to do better than 3rd place. Talk about a fairy tale.

The midfield is a disaster. And they miss VvD.

Henderson and Fabinho -- who've both been benched -- look like they turned 40 in the offseason (and both played a crap ton of games last year), Keita and Elliott are defensive tissue paper, the 18-year old Serbian kid, Bajcetic (who is starting), is good but not ready to lynchpin a championship quality team. Thiago's the only midfielder that's playing well.

So instead of being able to press and hold the ball they're giving the ball away and giving EVERY OTHER TEAM way too much time and space to pick a pass.

Score one for the Summer Tweeters screaming about needing to buy midfielders -- stopped clock maybe, but they were 100% right.

I hate to criticize Klopp, but it's been clear for a month this team just can't play the way he wants them to play. He needs to switch things up tactically IMO.

Ipswich Town, Fleetwood Town, Grimsby Town and Luton Town all in FA Cup action today, as well as both Sheffields.

United just went up on Wrexham 1-0 50th minute.

I haven't watched a soccer game in 20 years.

I'm hooked on Wrexham - ******** Deadpool and Rob McElhenney

What they’ve done is just so cool. I loved both of them before they bought the club. Spirits company, Deadpool and owning a football club? Ryan > call me.

Users who are viewing this thread