What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Coach Otis All-Value Team <(^v^)> (1 Viewer)

I think on the contrary Vereen is the NE back that is overrated because everyone is looking for the next Sproles. Ridley is a beast, I think he might punch in even more TDs this season.
We're not looking for anything, friend, other than easy prey, from high up here in the skies above you.

Jay Cutler

LeGarrette Blount

Greg Little

LOL
Blout's mid/late season surge pretty much vaulted me into the playoffs.
That was 2011. Blount was not on his list in 2011. He was on his list in 2012 when he did nothing (but to be honest, he was on my sleeper list in 2012 also).So I drafted him late in drafts last year and will draft him late in drafts this year. If Ridley is injured or fumbles himself to the bench, Blount is going to be a beast again. Big IF but very little opportunity cost at this point (RB64).

Between Lhucks being banned and Otis cutting back on his content, I'm going to struggle building my do not draft list.

Your pathetic signature has polluted this board far too long. Seriously... did your mom not give you enough attention? Do you really need to quote every compliment you've gotten? Sad:

[[icon] FAN CLUB : WALL OF FAME:

Keys Myaths: Proving again why [icon] is one of the most underrated posters in the history of message boardsflapgreen: Moving? Son, he's been there for a while now. Try to keep up. :popcorn:

Gary Pinkel: Love when Icon gets bored and starts reeling them in. Makes my day a little brighter

2012 - OFFICIAL FBG FFA Member of the Year™ Nominee
You poor little fella... If only you could loosen up that necktie, put down the calculator, and appreciate a little shtick every now and again... ya might live longer. See Pinkel quote for reference.

Big [icon] fan! :thumbup:

(Please add to sig.... TIA)
done, GB :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
QB

Mike Vick QB13

RB

Daryl Richardson RB25

Shane Vereen RB29

WR

Anquan Boldin WR29

Sidney Rice WR49

TE

Jermichael Finley TE6
Ok, just for fun since we disagree on Richardson, I'm going to put out a list of player that I think can be had later and will outperform these supposed value plays. I'm also inserting the actual ADP of those guys at the time this was posted according to FF calculator.

QB - Vick was a bad choice because while Chip Kelly runs an up tempo offense, it is more of a running offense. Also Vick is terribly brittle and he's relatively expensive (QB13). I would rather have:

Carson Palmer - QB17 He can be had over 2 round later. The loss of Cooper hurts him, but I like the idea of Arians calling deep plays and Carson throwing up jump balls for Fitz. Carson has had a couple injuries but is much more durable than Vick.

RB - Richardson and Vereen are fine talents, but are very expensive. I agree that Ridley is just a guy, but Vereen is unlikely to see 100 rushes. He'll need 16 healthy games and a lot of receptions to justify drafting him at RB29. Better choices would be:

Ryan Mathews - RB26 It is a joke to take Richardson at RB25 over Mathews. Mathews has less competition and more talent. Both offenses struggled last year, but I'd rather bet on a proven player (Rivers) bouncing back than Bradford.

Mark Ingram - RB35 He'll get 13-16 carries per game including goal line duties on a top notch offense. He has even been involved in the passing game in preseason. His first round pedigree could finally be realized this year during his healthy reunion with Payton.

WR - Boldin will be easily outscored by a guy going 3 WR spots later in:

Miles Austin - WR32 He was putting up fringe WR1 stats before re-injuring his hamstring halfway through the season last year. This year he'll see less coverage and has been specifically working on his hamstrings. Obvious value play.

I actually really like the Sidney Rice call. I'm targeting him this year. I see no one after WR49 that I think will outperform him. But I will also suggest E. Sanders at WR44 as an additional value play.

TE - Finley is actually being drafted as the 6th TE off the board. This is not a value play. I really like his chances to perform well this year as do a lot of people, apparently. I don't see anyone after TE6 that I foresee outscoring Finley, but since this is supposed to be a value thread, I'll suggest Heath Miller - TE21. He finished TE4 last year on just 15 games and he'll be back on the field in September. Even if slowed by the injury, he should still be productive since this is the same offense as last year and now Mike Wallace is gone.

I pulled off an upside down Otis draft last night. Why wait around and spend more time in the fishbowl with the sharks and less than when I could split out early and hit the tap room for pints and cooz. Here was my draft:

Rd1: Daryl Richardson, Rd 2: Sydney Rice, Rd 3: Vareen, Rd4: Boldin, Rd 5: Vick, Rd6: Finley, Rd7: The Leg

After grabbing the Leg in the 7th, I packed my stuff up and headed for the door. My leaguemates stopped me and wondered where I was going. I told them that I was done. I'd pickup a defense off waivers later. "But there are 9 more rounds! We aren't even half way through." Firmly, I let them know that I had plans and was leaving, but they didn't get it. "We will just autopick for you I guess." Autopick? What was so hard for them to understand? My team was set. I had the winning formula, what was the point of adding more random players? What they didn't get was that my team is like a world class scooner and adding extra weight will only slow it down.

Finally, just as I was walking out the door, like Khaleesi's dragons crying out over the fantasy football desert, I let out a hawk screech for the ages.

Had my draft last night.... I actually passed on my first THREE picks! Everyone was astounded.

Still ended up with the best team using Coach's formula.

Coach, the gups in the Eagles thread must have not noticed the All-Value team was out and they don't like Vick's potential this season. Have they never played a ####### video game or something?

Coach, tell me more about Boldin. I think you are on to something here.
Sure TT,

Boldin is a great case of acclimation. In his first NFL game he catches three touchdowns; he shatters records in his rookie season; and we're all sitting there slackjawed thinking "holy #### Anquan is a man among boys." And then everyone just sort of gets used to that. We get acclimated. And so we sort of stop thinking of him as special. And they he went and hid out on the Ravens roster for a few years. Now he's completely forgotten. Except the offense in SF is going to be really solid this year, and the run will open some big plans for Quan, and he's going to put up a monster year.

That's pretty much it. Anything more you'd like to know?

Otis said:
Touchdown There said:
Sure TT,

Boldin is a great case of acclimation. In his first NFL game he catches three touchdowns; he shatters records in his rookie season; and we're all sitting there slackjawed thinking "holy #### Anquan is a man among boys." And then everyone just sort of gets used to that. We get acclimated. And so we sort of stop thinking of him as special. And they he went and hid out on the Ravens roster for a few years. Now he's completely forgotten. Except the offense in SF is going to be really solid this year, and the run will open some big plans for Quan, and he's going to put up a monster year.

Coach I noticed you picked Mike Vick as your super sleeper QB. I like where you went with Boldin, but think he is a corollary of Keaps awesomeness. Would you reconsider Mike Vick for Keap in your OP and go for the gold this year?

Otis said:
Touchdown There said:
Sure TT,

Coach I noticed you picked Mike Vick as your super sleeper QB. I like where you went with Boldin, but think he is a corollary of Keaps awesomeness. Would you reconsider Mike Vick for Keap in your OP and go for the gold this year?
I'm a Kaep fan, no question.

Otis said:
Touchdown There said:
Sure TT,

Well sleep on it Coach. I think you will feel the heavy confidence vibe radiating from the 49ers QB in your dreams. This guy is a gazelle and has some swagger.

Otis said:
Touchdown There said:
Sure TT,

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

How much would it cost me for you to unfan him Coach?

Screech!!!!!

I actually did pass on my first round pick in one league last year. And still won the league playing like a Hawk. You should have seen their faces and heard all the comments at the Yearend party. Sweetest win ever.

I think I might pass on first and second round this year and see if I can do it again.

Thanks Otis!

{Paid Testimonial} Every good fantasy player I know subscribes to Otis.com. Oat's passion, research, and relentless pursuit of the latest fantasy strategy set him apart. He has earned the right to be called "The Oat."

I got stopped for speeding on the way to work today. I told the cop "I'll take an Otis on that ticket, there."

I still got the ticket.

Apparently it only works in FF Drafts.

Credit where it is due, this is looking quite solid one week in. In fact, probably already better than last years even if every player on the list got hurt next week.

Good stuff, and entertaining for sure.

QB

Mike Vick QB13

RB

Daryl Richardson RB25

Shane Vereen RB29

WR

Anquan Boldin WR29

Sidney Rice WR49

TE

Jermichael Finley TE6
Ok, just for fun since we disagree on Richardson, I'm going to put out a list of player that I think can be had later and will outperform these supposed value plays. I'm also inserting the actual ADP of those guys at the time this was posted according to FF calculator.

QB - Vick was a bad choice because while Chip Kelly runs an up tempo offense, it is more of a running offense. Also Vick is terribly brittle and he's relatively expensive (QB13). I would rather have:

Carson Palmer - QB17 He can be had over 2 round later. The loss of Cooper hurts him, but I like the idea of Arians calling deep plays and Carson throwing up jump balls for Fitz. Carson has had a couple injuries but is much more durable than Vick.

RB - Richardson and Vereen are fine talents, but are very expensive. I agree that Ridley is just a guy, but Vereen is unlikely to see 100 rushes. He'll need 16 healthy games and a lot of receptions to justify drafting him at RB29. Better choices would be:

Ryan Mathews - RB26 It is a joke to take Richardson at RB25 over Mathews. Mathews has less competition and more talent. Both offenses struggled last year, but I'd rather bet on a proven player (Rivers) bouncing back than Bradford.

Mark Ingram - RB35 He'll get 13-16 carries per game including goal line duties on a top notch offense. He has even been involved in the passing game in preseason. His first round pedigree could finally be realized this year during his healthy reunion with Payton.

Miles Austin - WR32 He was putting up fringe WR1 stats before re-injuring his hamstring halfway through the season last year. This year he'll see less coverage and has been specifically working on his hamstrings. Obvious value play.

I actually really like the Sidney Rice call. I'm targeting him this year. I see no one after WR49 that I think will outperform him. But I will also suggest E. Sanders at WR44 as an additional value play.

TE - Finley is actually being drafted as the 6th TE off the board. This is not a value play. I really like his chances to perform well this year as do a lot of people, apparently. I don't see anyone after TE6 that I foresee outscoring Finley, but since this is supposed to be a value thread, I'll suggest Heath Miller - TE21. He finished TE4 last year on just 15 games and he'll be back on the field in September. Even if slowed by the injury, he should still be productive since this is the same offense as last year and now Mike Wallace is gone.
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!11

QB

Mike Vick QB13

RB

Daryl Richardson RB25

Shane Vereen RB29

WR

Anquan Boldin WR29

Sidney Rice WR49

TE

Jermichael Finley TE6

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!11
Mark Ingram is boss!

This ninja guy is the kiss of death. The Sidney Rice pick is supposedly the only one he liked. Any surprise that Rice was the only dud today?

Bam. 2013, and time for your fantasy season to really begin.

Up until now, you were likely planning to use your first few picks on some big name studs. You had all your draft magz stacked waist high and there's a picture of Arian Foster on the cover and you are so, so psyched to draft him. Shark move right?

You guys know the drill, but for the new gups:

You want to really show the guys in your league who's boss? Throw away your first round pick. Seriously. Toss it. When you're sitting around the table and your pick comes up and everyone looks at you, just politely say "pass." Do the same thing in the second round. Let them laugh. That's just a sign of their insecurity. The quiet ones are the ones who are realizing, at that very moment, that they aren't dealing with just any ordinary fantasy magic football guy. This is a real life hawk, sitting right across the table from them, and the one thing that is going through their mind is what they should be putting in the Memo field of the $50 check they are writing to you, because this fantasy season has already ended for them. Its like the schoolyard bully taking everyones lunch money, except he doesnt have to ask--the kids just line up and fork it over.
This is it. The 2013 All-Value All-Otis All-Hawk Team. Toss your first few picks in the crapper and start from scratch. Don't be the nerd who brings a stack of handwritten notes to the draft. Don't be the even bigger nerd who's got an extension cord running out poolside because you need to fire up a draft spread sheet on the Pentium laptop. You roll in without any cheatsheets or sheet cheats or draft rankings or ADPs or APDs; when it's your turn in the first few rounds, you just politely decline to pick. Grab a few beers, wait for the mid-rounds, and then make your fantasy magic. Babe Ruth wasn't great because he won a bunch. He was great because he called his shots and then smashed baseballs out of the stadium. Step up to Hawk level, call your shot and crush it.

Let's sharpen up the claws and have at it...

QB

Mike Vick

Are. You. Serious.

What the heck is Mike Vick doing going around QB15? HE'S MIKE VICK. The man is a heartless, puppy munching, cannon-firing deathslinger, and he's going to remind RG3 who in this league is the best at putting up video game-like fantasy stats week after week. The guy is a walking video game. It's like the two nerds from Weird Science brought a video game guy to life, and Mike Vick steps out of your television, and he's all matter-of-factly "how many dozen touchdowns do you want this week and should I just go ahead and run for a hundred yards too?"

Don't listen to some nerd rizzer96 over at the FFTubeToday boards shrieking about how Vick is "finished." The same guy probably thought Tiger Woods was finished, and he's now #1 in the world again.

And just like that, Mike Vick will be #1 in the world again. #1 in your fantasy world.

Youll get him around QB15, but hell finish in the top 5. If I felt like predicting numbers, I might tell you he'll throw for 2500 yards, rush for another 950, total 25 TDs passing and a bunch more rushing, but frankly I'm just so excited about Mike Vick coming out of my television set that I'm really not in the mood.

Top 5 QB finish

RB

Daryl Richardson

I remember when Jamal Charles was too small. And Darren Sproles. I also remember when they exploded your fantasy website with a brzillion points.

Daryl Richardson is going to explode your fantasy website with a brzillion points. He's a crapton faster than you realize. Sharks have been zoning in on that one 40 time like it's a crystal ball; hawks realized way back when that he ran that 40 on a slippery track, on an off day, after pounding a rack of White Castle burgers, and that he'd run the 40 faster than that many other times. What, that particular run is the one that's the only one that matters? The guy decimated every other goofy drill they have there, including the pine cone collecting, and the waffleboard shuffling, and the three-legged prancing, and none of that even matters because the hawks knew all along that he was just one hell of a football player and that the likes of Pead and Stacy never in a million years had a shot at the job.

Take him way late as something like the 32nd RB off the board, and watch him very quietly make you look oh so handsome and cool among your leaguemates as he comes in around RB10. Even if you're small.

RB8 - RB12 finish

Shane Vereen

Ridley isn't special. Ridley isn't special. Ridley isn't special.

Say it until you understand it. Because the sharks in your league are picking Ridley just after the top 10 RBs, which means they are totally wasting their time and would have been better off drinking more beer at the draft and passing on that pick.

Shane Vereen is going to benefit from the murderer going to prison, Gronk playing too much flip cups this offseason, the entire WR corps being a bit of a joke, and the Patriots still managing to be a super effective offense. Vereen is like the pretty girl you wanted to take to the prom because she was pretty AND smart AND really funny AND had no hesitation about knocking back a 12 pack with you and putting out. Shane Vereen is smart, and pretty, and he can run fast, and catch a ton, and has slick moves, and he is totally going to put out.

He's rolling off the board also around RB32. He'll finish around RB10, Ridley will finish behind him, and you'll have the sharks in your league scratching their heads at the end of the season trying to understand how the hell the two guys got flipped on their cheatsheets.

RB10 - RB14 finish

WR

Anquan Boldin

You know who Anquan Boldin is right? No? You probably forgot. You probably sort of stopped thinking about him. You know that old saying when you see a smoking hot chick walking down the street, "somebody is tired of her"? The magic wears off; the hot chick becomes just sort of OK, and then she starts to sound shrill and annoying, and pretty soon you're hiding money and trying to maneuver the divorce negotiations. Anquan Boldin's shimmer has worn off. And him being on the Ravens of all places? Man, that was like putting a nice coating of dust on top of the worn-off shimmer. Which is perfect for us hawks. Nobody thinks Anquan is sexy anymore. But you know what? He's still way sexier than you think. He'll still be out there strutting, and flexing, and playing rock-solid, reliable, workmanlike football and racking up stats week after week. Big Kaep has to throw yards and touchdowns to somebody, and there really aren't many other somebodies in San Francisco. Pick 'Quan way late and get way early production out of him -- the best year he'll have since his peak years in Arizona.

1100+ yards, 8+ TDs

Sidney Rice

Sidney Rice is tall and enjoys catching footballs for money. He's also criminally undervalued this year. Percy Harvin is hurt again, and when he's not hurt he'll have a headache, and someone has to catch thunderbolts from Russel Wilson this year. He's as close to a possible home run you can get in the mid to late rounds of the draft.

Off the board around WR50; top 20WR finish

TE

Jermichael Finley

Jermichael Finley is a really big, mean, fast man, with a gigantic chip on his shoulder. The man has something to prove. Maybe a few things. Like, that he can catch, that he can run into the end zone, and that he can win you fantasy championships. This is like a double-fake, because the sharks got all excited about him for years, and then they all soured on him, and now MetFan47 is advising you that everyone is over that and that Finley isn't any good. He's an idiot. Finley is like one of those giant football robots they have on Fox, and he's going to stomp into your living room, wake your baby, and have your wife blushing and putting on perfume.

He's been going around TE10, so it isn't the most value of our picks here, but do not be stunned to dial into your Prodigy account in week 4 and see that he's the top ranked tight end in the NFL.

Top5 TE finish

K

"The Leg"

I know this is a surprise, even to the other diehard hawks among us. Usually we tell you to just throw a dart at a dartboard and select your kicker that way, because only plebes put any thought at all into a kicker. Well, this ain't usually. Greg Zuerlein is anything but usual. He's the reason you should never buy one of those 3D televisions, because if you do I can guarantee you that Greg Zuerlein will kick a football into your living room, regardless of where in the country you're sitting.

THE GUY KICKS 50 YARD FG'S LIKE HE'S THROWING ROCKS IN THE OCEAN. He kicks them like extra points. 60 yards? That's like the other kickers going for 40. He'll shatter some records this year, he'll shatter your television, and he'll shatter the confidence of the sharks in your league.

If you're playing to win -- if you really are calling your shots and swinging for the fences -- you pick The Leg somewhere around the 12th kicker off the board, and you have him in your lineup every single week. Including on his BYE week. He's that good, and when he breaks NFL records this year you'll be thinking to yourself "####, Coach told me this would happen."

Top3 K finish

That's it for this year. Fly high and stay dry my feathered friends.

- Coach
Look at Coach today!

Otis said:
This ninja guy is the kiss of death. The Sidney Rice pick is supposedly the only one he liked. Any surprise that Rice was the only dud today?
Rice actually had a couple of red zone targets. I'd wager that had this ninja guy not said anything he'd have hauled them in.

Point proven, Sidney.

I'm glad I just read this. If I had read it beforehand, I would have stayed away from these guys with a vengeance, and then felt bad about not having any of them for other reasons.

Otis said:
FF Ninja: The opposite of Otis. :fieldmousescreech:?

Users who are viewing this thread