What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 ACC Basketball [Closed - use 2015 thread instead] (1 Viewer)

Plumlee needs to use UVA's aggressiveness against them...Catch and release almost immediately. You KNOW they're doubling...hell, even tripling...catch and immediately pass it...don't look to get your shot off, it ain't happening.

UVA is seriously getting a call everytime down the court. Duke had great defense underneath there.
Seriously, not trying to poke at you Duke fans but I think it's the old theory that the more aggressive team is getting the calls. UVA just beating Duke to lose balls, rebounds and outhustling them tonight.
First thing you've ever said that I agree with. :thumbup: Duke is getting hosed, but has no business in hell winning this game. As I expected, sadly.

UVA is seriously getting a call everytime down the court. Duke had great defense underneath there.
Seriously, not trying to poke at you Duke fans but I think it's the old theory that the more aggressive team is getting the calls. UVA just beating Duke to lose balls, rebounds and outhustling them tonight.
Possibly...but Plumlee is trying to get aggressive and they're hitting him with BS hooking fouls.After allowing UVA to decleat a guy in the backcourt on an illegal screen.It's definitely homecookin tonight...but Duke isn't responding or finding a way around it.Sheed is upset and out of rhythm. Curry is going to find a way, he always does. Plumlee is lost...has no idea what to do on either end.Why is Amile sitting for so long?

Ok, that's an awful call on Mason
And Thornton fouls out with 8 minutes left. :lmao: I don't even care anymore. Be nice to see K get tossed here for fun.
I was just thinking that. So we managed to get Virginia into the tournament; just get out there without Kelly somehow reinjuring the foot and get back to Durham already. They got 2 of the last 19 or whatever against us; well played.

Plumlee has regressed to roughly his freshman year in this one. Can't wait for that (now-meaningless) BIG SHOWDOWN IN CAMERON ON SATURDAY!!!

NO way does Plumlee deserve ACC POTY...he just does NOT know where to be...He benefits from the system and the shooters around him in order to get the points he gets.

I was wrong about this game. Thought Duke's defense would be a bit better. I won't say too much beyond acknowledging that there were 3 guys in striped shirts on the court. Duke looked terrible and unable to adjust. Some of that loss hangs on K unless he truly doesn't have the bodies to defend a pick and roll.

Plumlee has regressed to roughly his freshman year in this one. Can't wait for that (now-meaningless) BIG SHOWDOWN IN CAMERON ON SATURDAY!!!
seeding (both tourneys)
Don't care about the ACC-T No impact on Duke's NCAA seeding no matter what happens in Durham on Saturday. Looking like a weak three seed. Can't get Kelly back fast enough.

And yeah, Mason, hand over the POY trophy to Harris on your way out, please, bud.

I was wrong about this game. Thought Duke's defense would be a bit better. I won't say too much beyond acknowledging that there were 3 guys in striped shirts on the court. Duke looked terrible and unable to adjust. Some of that loss hangs on K unless he truly doesn't have the bodies to defend a pick and roll.
Sheed couldn't handle Harris...was frustrated early on...really think Amile should've been in earlier, while Sheed settles and gets his mind right.

Don't care about the ACC-T No impact on Duke's NCAA seeding no matter what happens in Durham on Saturday. Looking like a weak three seed. Can't get Kelly back fast enough. And yeah, Mason, hand over the POY trophy to Harris on your way out, please, bud.
ACC = Duke in danger of losing the 1st round bye; don't want to have to play that extra gameNCAA = 3 seed? i don't get it

Sheed couldn't handle Harris...was frustrated early on...really think Amile should've been in earlier, while Sheed settles and gets his mind right.
K has absolutely no idea how to manage the four position with Kelly out; it's like it never occurred to him that Kelly could get a foot injury. His usage of Hairston over Amile and Murphy has been borderline criminal. As soon as Hairston departed in the first half, Duke went on a roll.

I can't in good conscience give plumlee poty after letting harris outscore by 30. Just won't do it.
I was going to post this. Haven't seen as much of Duke or the ACC overall this year as normal, but I can't believe Mason is the POTY. I know the conference is down, but...

Don't care about the ACC-T No impact on Duke's NCAA seeding no matter what happens in Durham on Saturday. Looking like a weak three seed. Can't get Kelly back fast enough. And yeah, Mason, hand over the POY trophy to Harris on your way out, please, bud.
ACC = Duke in danger of losing the 1st round bye; don't want to have to play that extra gameNCAA = 3 seed? i don't get it
I don't care about the ACC-T. The real event comes the next week. Duke is looking very much like a three seed.

Yeah, it's now a hodgepodge between Duke/UVA/UNC/NCSU for the other 3 byes in the ACC tourney. Duke has the inside track, but if they do lose on Saturday then it gets real interesting.

Yeah, Murphy should have been in earlier. And Sheed probably should have been benched earlier. Most concerning was missing those 3's so shortly. Hopefully he hasn't hit the wall and was just shooting in that arena. Time to criticize K a bit for the lack of adjustments.

I love the fact that all four Duke losses have resulted in the opposing fans rushing the court. That's really pretty funny.

Congratulations UVA...Harris is awesome.Welcome to the tournament.
Yup. Harris just crapped all over Duke from the opening whistle.There was a short stretch when Duke got hurt by some really bad calls, but they didn't deserve to win tonight. Anyone drafting Mason Plumlee to be anything more than their 4th big guy on an NBA team is making a massive mistake. You hit him in the mouth or take him out of his comfort zone and he just gives up.Maybe Ryan comes back on Saturday and magically fixes things. But I'm not optimistic.

I don't care about the ACC-T. The real event comes the next week. Duke is looking very much like a three seed.
Why would you not care about the ACC Tourney? Would you rather lose the first weekend of the NCAA tourney and at least won the ACC tourney or lose the first weekend and not win the ACC Tourney? Not saying by any means that Duke is going to lose the first weekend, but I don't understand at all why you wouldn't care about the ACC tourney.

Overreaction much? I have to look at the ACC-T but I'd imagine it would take somewhat of a meltdown for Duke to lose the bye. As far as the 3 seed, they have to fall behind teams like Florida who has 2 losses in past 2 weeks, Michigan who lost to PSU, Indiana who lost to Minnesota. Of course if they collapse that is possible just like if any of the top 5-6 teams lost out they'd drop but Duke is fine assuming they respond like they have before.

Yup. Harris just crapped all over Duke from the opening whistle.There was a short stretch when Duke got hurt by some really bad calls, but they didn't deserve to win tonight. Anyone drafting Mason Plumlee to be anything more than their 4th big guy on an NBA team is making a massive mistake. You hit him in the mouth or take him out of his comfort zone and he just gives up.Maybe Ryan comes back on Saturday and magically fixes things. But I'm not optimistic.
Kelly won't play until the VPI game.Plumlee was a joke and Sulaimon let the crowd and that clown Ayers get into his head. Curry was ice as usual but it wasn't enough. If Duke hadn't spotted them the first nine points, it could have been a completely different game, Harris or not, but that set the tone and that was it.

Yeah, Murphy should have been in earlier. And Sheed probably should have been benched earlier. Most concerning was missing those 3's so shortly. Hopefully he hasn't hit the wall and was just shooting in that arena. Time to criticize K a bit for the lack of adjustments.
I've thought it for a while...not understanding why I'm not seeing more Amile than Hairston.Tonight, he should've sat Sheed and brought in Amile.I'm not sold on Murphy at all...but I would've taken him over Sheed and his foul mood tonight. He got taken out of the game very early and just never got his mind right.Plumlee was a damn waste...not sure what you can do there...bring in his weaker brother? I guess you could go very small...but I'd do what he did and stick with Plumlee but instruct him to get deep, sink in...and PASS OUT immediately. Do not shoot until you get that double team to stop banging down on you as soon as you receive the ball.I'd tell Curry to just keep being himself...the best player on the team who continues to make up for most of our weaknesses.

re: ACCT, the long-time Duke/Coach K philosophy has been that if they're handing out trophies, then we want to win. It's a mindset that has served the program quite well.

Overreaction much? I have to look at the ACC-T but I'd imagine it would take somewhat of a meltdown for Duke to lose the bye. As far as the 3 seed, they have to fall behind teams like Florida who has 2 losses in past 2 weeks, Michigan who lost to PSU, Indiana who lost to Minnesota. Of course if they collapse that is possible just like if any of the top 5-6 teams lost out they'd drop but Duke is fine assuming they respond like they have before.
I agree that Duke would have to lose two of their last three games to not get a bye. I expect them to beat Miami on Saturday. If by some chance though Miami wins on Saturday it's going to be a fun last week in the ACC.

If Kelly can return to form...it will make Plumlee look like a greek god once again. You simply cannot leave Kelly to double down on Plumlee...he'll kill you.

I don't care about the ACC-T. The real event comes the next week.
I love tradition, and I love the ACC Tournament. All of the teams in the conference slug it out in the same house for a few days. It's fun.
I have always loved the tourney...it's ours and it will always remind me of the teacher's rolling tv's into our classroom in order to watch it.There's nothing quite like the ACC Tournament. I want to win every single one.

Users who are viewing this thread