What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Green Bay Packers thread (1 Viewer)

jurrassic said:
Starks and Shields released.  Packers expected to be at least $45 million under the cap.  Still have no faith Ted will do anything with it
Is there any data on the Packers not using cap space over the past 10 years? I know they typically carry some forward, but I'd be surprised if they leave cap space unused. I'd be interested, as that doesn't make sense given the Packers are the only non-profit club in the league. Do we think Ted or Russ Ball (or Murphy) get bonused based on financials?  I can't imagine that.

Is there any data on the Packers not using cap space over the past 10 years? I know they typically carry some forward, but I'd be surprised if they leave cap space unused. I'd be interested, as that doesn't make sense given the Packers are the only non-profit club in the league. Do we think Ted or Russ Ball (or Murphy) get bonused based on financials?  I can't imagine that.
I thought 2015 they had like 6 million under the cap. This has happened a lot under Ted. 

They do this to extend players during the season who will be free agents after that season. Notable 2018 impending FAs:

Morgan Burnett
Davante Adams
Lane Taylor
Richard Rodgers
Corey Linsley

They can use remaining salary cap to front-load some signing bonuses or contracts renegotiated either during the season or prior to the start of the season. I would imagine they want to resign at least 4 of these 5. Richard Rodgers might be given his walking papers depending on what Cook is resigned for this offseason. But you have 4 key starters on that list. Would make sense to save some cap space and extend 1 or 2 of them. Especially those OL. 

I think we did this with Jordy and Cobb on their contracts, but I am not 100% positive on that. 

Pretty sure they resigned Bakhtiari with unused 2016 cap space

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Brew said:
As documented in the pages preceding this one, when Ted goes outside of home-grown FAs and brings people in, he typically hits a homerun. Have some faith. 

45 million under the cap means that they can likely retain their top priority FAs (Cook, Lang maybe, Perry, maybe even Jones. I am pretty sure I am missing 1 or 2 more. Maybe even Lacy). All that said, he could still have the money to go out and get a decent CB, although the market is not wonderful and it looks like the only one's I'd really be thrilled with will be resigned/tagged. Or maybe he will bring back Tramon Williams... that seems kind of like a Ted move

Yes, he is not likely to go out and make some big moves, but at least we can likely hold onto our own key players such as Perry. I still think they bring Peppers back one more year... it just screams Ted also. 

I'm hopeful. We're a month away! 
Who are the guys who may or may not be washed up that could hit big this year?  Woodson, Pickett and Peppers come to mind.  

I also think they keep Peppers.  He was one of their better defensive players.  Think about that.  A 71 year old man was one of their better defensive players.  

I like TJ Watt too. I'd be happy with him round 1. I don't think he's there round 2 unless we traded up. I think he goes within the first 5-10 picks round 2 if he slips. I think end of round 1 is about where he should go. Wouldn't be a reach for GB. Addressing another playmaker at LB would be great. 

I like TJ Watt too. I'd be happy with him round 1. I don't think he's there round 2 unless we traded up. I think he goes within the first 5-10 picks round 2 if he slips. I think end of round 1 is about where he should go. Wouldn't be a reach for GB. Addressing another playmaker at LB would be great. 
They need a playmaker somewhere on the D.  They are terribly lacking in impact defensive players.  

They need a playmaker somewhere on the D.  They are terribly lacking in impact defensive players.  
Yes, although I know you agree that CB is the biggest area of need, a playmaker on defense is a playmaker. Clay Matthews used to be that guy along with a few good DL. That has been missing. Yes, a good pass rush helps your DBs avoid having to cover way down field. This might be the first LB that Ted would have drafted in the first round who is actually a LB. 

I'm never one to be hoping and praying for Wisconsin Badgers on the Packers. I think that's short sighted and kind of silly TBH, but I've wanted 2 badgers ever on the Pack- Abby and Watt. Abby unfortunately couldn't' stay healthy. Watt would be a steal at the end of round 1. Or trade up into round 2 to grab him and keep CHI from taking him early. 

Though Jack Cichy does not have the measurables of Watt I always found him to be more impactful.  I'm not sure if I am on the Watt bandwagon.  I worry the name Watt obscures some issues.

If he is on the board at the Packers slot in round 2, with no moving up, then I may get interested.  His measurable are nice and his limited playing time up to now suggests he may have room to be coached up.

Yes, although I know you agree that CB is the biggest area of need, a playmaker on defense is a playmaker. Clay Matthews used to be that guy along with a few good DL. That has been missing. Yes, a good pass rush helps your DBs avoid having to cover way down field. This might be the first LB that Ted would have drafted in the first round who is actually a LB. 

I'm never one to be hoping and praying for Wisconsin Badgers on the Packers. I think that's short sighted and kind of silly TBH, but I've wanted 2 badgers ever on the Pack- Abby and Watt. Abby unfortunately couldn't' stay healthy. Watt would be a steal at the end of round 1. Or trade up into round 2 to grab him and keep CHI from taking him early. 
It's definitely a chicken or egg thing with the coverage and pass rushers.  And elite pass rusher only gets what 15 sacks a season?   

If he is on the board at the Packers slot in round 2, with no moving up, then I may get interested.  His measurable are nice and his limited playing time up to now suggests he may have room to be coached up.
I'd be celebrating as I was when Lacy was there round 2. IMO no way he drops that far. I think CLE, CHI, SF would take a long look at him round 2 if he slipped out of round 1. 

Lacy coming back would help the team.  He can play.  

Would be a very nice thunder to Monty's lightning.  

Two backs over 225 would be able to hammer defenses.  

I'd be celebrating as I was when Lacy was there round 2. IMO no way he drops that far. I think CLE, CHI, SF would take a long look at him round 2 if he slipped out of round 1. 
I was celebrating when Allen Robinson was sitting there.  Of course Ted went with Adams, but I remember being pumped when the pick came up.  I guess the jury is kind of out on who will have the stronger career.  Adams really improved.  And Robinson regressed.  

I was celebrating when Allen Robinson was sitting there.  Of course Ted went with Adams, but I remember being pumped when the pick came up.  I guess the jury is kind of out on who will have the stronger career.  Adams really improved.  And Robinson regressed.  
I remember this as well. I remember seeing Adams and wondering if we had another Marvel Underwood situation. I think that lead to my distaste for Adams from the get go. That and his stone hands. I was more than willing to eat my words on him this year as he really good a big step forward. I don't really see Adams as a future #1 but I think he basically makes Cobb somewhat expendable after this season (unless his price is affordable) and leaves the door open to Thompson drafting a WR within the first 4 rounds again to plan for that. 

Looking at this teams current and future needs I really feel like these missed draft choices from the last 3 years are really starting to add up. Pressure to get this draft right is probably the highest of any draft Thompson has done, IMO.

I remember this as well. I remember seeing Adams and wondering if we had another Marvel Underwood situation. I think that lead to my distaste for Adams from the get go. That and his stone hands. I was more than willing to eat my words on him this year as he really good a big step forward. I don't really see Adams as a future #1 but I think he basically makes Cobb somewhat expendable after this season (unless his price is affordable) and leaves the door open to Thompson drafting a WR within the first 4 rounds again to plan for that. 

Looking at this teams current and future needs I really feel like these missed draft choices from the last 3 years are really starting to add up. Pressure to get this draft right is probably the highest of any draft Thompson has done, IMO.
Agreed.  I feel like if he misses on this draft, Aaron's window starts to close.  

I was all for signing Eddie but I'm taking that back a bit.  I am still interested but I'm also interested in what else becomes available.  I heard reports Eddie had multiple fines for weight.  I might rather see them bring in someone like Latavius Murray if he is available.  Maybe Doug Martin if he is available.  I'm not as excited about Adrian Peteron or Jamaal Charles because I think you may also have to draft a youngster then and I would rather see them toss all their picks at CB and edge rushers.

I was all for signing Eddie but I'm taking that back a bit.  I am still interested but I'm also interested in what else becomes available.  I heard reports Eddie had multiple fines for weight.  I might rather see them bring in someone like Latavius Murray if he is available.  Maybe Doug Martin if he is available.  I'm not as excited about Adrian Peteron or Jamaal Charles because I think you may also have to draft a youngster then and I would rather see them toss all their picks at CB and edge rushers.
This is where I am too. I am not in favor of Lacy coming back any longer, which means Ted will sign him day 1. 

While I do not really like Latvius Murray (I think he goes to TB honestly) or Doug Martin (suspended and often injured), I think seeing who is available is the best solution. I really like Jacquizz Rodgers. I mean his last name fits right in. Rodgers to Rodgers to Rodgers (flea flicker 2017)... Touchdown! I think bringing in a B-lister like Rodgers would make more sense than an A-list FA and then drafting a RB. Regardless they should draft a RB within the first 4-5 rounds. As many negative things you can say about Mixon's one incident, the guy could be the best RB in this draft and could be had in round 4. I'm willing to give the guy a shot... 

I like the Quizz call too.  Maybe even a Ryan Matthews and deal with his numerous injuries.  It probably means you let Eddie walk unless he is willing to sign a favorable deal and you wait until the first waive of RB sign before you look at RB.  Chris Ivory could be another name if he is cut and makes it through the first group of RB.  You probably spend low at RB and expect some sort of job share with Ty and then add a RB late in the draft or as a FA signee after the draft.

I say keep Eddie.  He's Packer through and through.  You already know Monty can ball.  Go in with Eddie, Monty, Rip, and a young guy.  

On D.  Pass rush and corner.  I think the ILB will sort itself out.  Clay isn't the answer outside anymore.  You keep Perry and draft pass rushers and corners. 

If a guy slides...any guy what slips ala Rodgers or Myles Jack, snag him. 

Sabertooth said:
I say keep Eddie.  He's Packer through and through.  You already know Monty can ball.  Go in with Eddie, Monty, Rip, and a young guy.  

On D.  Pass rush and corner.  I think the ILB will sort itself out.  Clay isn't the answer outside anymore.  You keep Perry and draft pass rushers and corners. 

If a guy slides...any guy what slips ala Rodgers or Myles Jack, snag him. 
I thought you wanted TT to draft BPA?

I thought you wanted TT to draft BPA?
Yeah BPA is probably the best way to go.  At some point there will be a pass rusher available when they pick that's pretty dang close to their Top Ranked Guy.  Corner I'd like to see addressed in FA, and there are several who may be sitting there when the Packers pick. 

Looking at Jeremiah's mock,  assume the Packers top 15 players are gone when they pick.  

That leaves this breakdown to round out his first round

5 defensive ends (need)
3 corners (need)
3 tight ends (need)
2 OT (maybe a need)
2 linebackers (need)
2 RB (need)
1 QB (not a need)

So in all reality, need is most certainly going to line up with a very highly ranked player.  If say, Corey Davis or Mike Williams are sitting there, you have to grab them.

It's encouraging to me that 10 of the 13 players on Daniel's board between 16-29 are big needs (5 Ends, 3 Corners, 2 linebackers).  I'd imagine our first round pick is among these players, just going off Ted's history of picking a need defensive player in the first.  

16:  Quincy Wilson - CB, Florida: Wilson is a very talented press cornerback with excellent ball skills. He would upgrade the Ravens' secondary, teaming with Jimmy Smith to give Baltimore two of the biggest corners in the league.

17: REDSKINS Solomon Thomas - DE, Stanford: Thomas is a very dynamic interior pass rusher who I'd love to see line up next to Ryan Kerrigan in this defense. His motor never stops, and his performance against North Carolina and QB Mitch Trubisky in the Sun Bowl wowed NFL scouts.

19 BUCCANEERS Charles Harris - DE, Missouri: The Bucs hit a home run with the selection of Noah Spence in the 2016 draft. Harris would give them another fastball coming off the edge, taking their defense to another level.

21 LIONS Taco Charlton - DE, Michigan: Charlton is a rangy athlete who fits the mold the Lions look for in their edge rushers. He makes plays on all three downs.

22 DOLPHINS T.J. Watt - OLB, Wisconsin: Watt isn't as freaky as his older brother, J.J., but he is a very good football player. He is ultra-versatile, athletic and instinctive.

24 RAIDERS Teez Tabor - CB, Florida: The Raiders are set on the offensive side of the ball but they could use some more playmakers in the secondary. Tabor gives up some plays but he also gets his hands on a lot of footballs.

27 CHIEFS Jarrad Davis - LB, Florida: Derrick Johnson is 34 and coming off a torn Achilles. Davis is a very instinctive linebacker who has enough size to take on guards in the run game. He also has the speed to match up with tight ends and running backs in the passing game.

28 COWBOYS Takkarist McKinley - DE, UCLA: The Cowboys need pass rushers; they can no longer rely on Randy Gregory. McKinley has double-digit sack potential.

31 FALCONS Gareon Conley - CB, Ohio St.: Conley is a gifted athlete with excellent football awareness. The Falcons have quietly built a very good roster, which should allow them to take the best available player in this spot.

I'm good with pretty much everybody in that pool.  Also wouldn't have a problem with one of the tight ends or OT.  Highly doubt Ted goes QB or RB based on his drafting history.  So this draft is really shaping up nicely for Ted and the Packers.  Almost every player between 16 and 29 is a need for the Pack. 

Other Corners rated around that range are Sidney Jones and Cordrea Tanksersly.  So those guys are in play.  

Hassan Reddick is also in that range according to Chad Reuter.  

Yeah BPA is probably the best way to go.  At some point there will be a pass rusher available when they pick that's pretty dang close to their Top Ranked Guy.  Corner I'd like to see addressed in FA, and there are several who may be sitting there when the Packers pick. 

Looking at Jeremiah's mock,  assume the Packers top 15 players are gone when they pick.  

That leaves this breakdown to round out his first round

5 defensive ends (need)
3 corners (need)
3 tight ends (need)
2 OT (maybe a need)
2 linebackers (need)
2 RB (need)
1 QB (not a need)

So in all reality, need is most certainly going to line up with a very highly ranked player.  If say, Corey Davis or Mike Williams are sitting there, you have to grab them.

It's encouraging to me that 10 of the 13 players on Daniel's board between 16-29 are big needs (5 Ends, 3 Corners, 2 linebackers).  I'd imagine our first round pick is among these players, just going off Ted's history of picking a need defensive player in the first.  

16:  Quincy Wilson - CB, Florida: Wilson is a very talented press cornerback with excellent ball skills. He would upgrade the Ravens' secondary, teaming with Jimmy Smith to give Baltimore two of the biggest corners in the league.

17: REDSKINS Solomon Thomas - DE, Stanford: Thomas is a very dynamic interior pass rusher who I'd love to see line up next to Ryan Kerrigan in this defense. His motor never stops, and his performance against North Carolina and QB Mitch Trubisky in the Sun Bowl wowed NFL scouts.

19 BUCCANEERS Charles Harris - DE, Missouri: The Bucs hit a home run with the selection of Noah Spence in the 2016 draft. Harris would give them another fastball coming off the edge, taking their defense to another level.

21 LIONS Taco Charlton - DE, Michigan: Charlton is a rangy athlete who fits the mold the Lions look for in their edge rushers. He makes plays on all three downs.

22 DOLPHINS T.J. Watt - OLB, Wisconsin: Watt isn't as freaky as his older brother, J.J., but he is a very good football player. He is ultra-versatile, athletic and instinctive.

24 RAIDERS Teez Tabor - CB, Florida: The Raiders are set on the offensive side of the ball but they could use some more playmakers in the secondary. Tabor gives up some plays but he also gets his hands on a lot of footballs.

27 CHIEFS Jarrad Davis - LB, Florida: Derrick Johnson is 34 and coming off a torn Achilles. Davis is a very instinctive linebacker who has enough size to take on guards in the run game. He also has the speed to match up with tight ends and running backs in the passing game.

28 COWBOYS Takkarist McKinley - DE, UCLA: The Cowboys need pass rushers; they can no longer rely on Randy Gregory. McKinley has double-digit sack potential.

31 FALCONS Gareon Conley - CB, Ohio St.: Conley is a gifted athlete with excellent football awareness. The Falcons have quietly built a very good roster, which should allow them to take the best available player in this spot.

I'm good with pretty much everybody in that pool.  Also wouldn't have a problem with one of the tight ends or OT.  Highly doubt Ted goes QB or RB based on his drafting history.  So this draft is really shaping up nicely for Ted and the Packers.  Almost every player between 16 and 29 is a need for the Pack. 

Other Corners rated around that range are Sidney Jones and Cordrea Tanksersly.  So those guys are in play.  

Hassan Reddick is also in that range according to Chad Reuter.  
I hope we take a college DE and try to convert him to OLB

My off-season check list:

Resign Cook (Approx. $3 mil), Perry ($8-9 mil), Lang ($7-8 mil), Hyde ($2 mil), Lacy ($2 mil) and then a couple of the cheaper guys like Tretter, Barclay or Jones (another $3 mil total). That's approx. $26 mil in cap space. Set aside another $4 mil for rookies that'll make the team so we are looking at around $14-15 mil leftover for FAs and extensions. Will probably extend Burnett and Adams somewhere in there. Maybe Linsley. Maybe leave us room to sign one free agent at about $6-8 million. Pretty much eliminates all the big name guys but TT sits out the 1st round of free agency anyway. Not sure who we would be able to afford on this list:

Top 10 Free Agent CBs

We absolutely need to address the CB position in free agency. I would not be comfortable going in to next season at all with this years CBs and a rookie or two.

Id love to see GB draft Jabrill Peppers in round one.  Dude is going to come to play and would allow GB to play many different looks on Defense. 

I hope to see them sign Jamal Charles if he is released.  Then just add best defensive player available in round 2, CB, DL, LB. 

I dont think either of these are Ted Thompson type moves though . 

Id love to see GB draft Jabrill Peppers in round one.  Dude is going to come to play and would allow GB to play many different looks on Defense. 

I hope to see them sign Jamal Charles if he is released.  Then just add best defensive player available in round 2, CB, DL, LB. 

I dont think either of these are Ted Thompson type moves though . 
I live in Michigan.  Would be thrilled with Peppers at 29.  

Not sure if you are being real here or sarcastic.  My preference is to draft a college OLB to play OLB.  Or a DE to play DE.   Please don't draft another safety to play CB though.  
I assumed this was sarcastic and I completely agree...no more position swaps.

I'd hate this pick.  He's not a NFL corner so where would he play? I'm not sure he's going to be a great pro.
I think he's a playmaker.  Those guys get on the field.  The last thing we want is Randall 2.0 obviously, where a guy takes 3 seasons to (hopefully) turn the corner.   I don't think Peppers and Randall are alike much to be honest.  Their mentalities are totally different.  

I would hate the Peppers selection as well.  He is one of the most over hyped college players to come out in several years.  I keep hearing people say he is just a playmaker, but he 1 INT in college.  His coverage skills aren't that great and he won't be able to get by on athleticism alone in the NFL.  He could probably make an impact as a punt returner but not on defense.  That isn't what you're looking for from a 1st round pick.

He is a great college player without a position in the NFL.  I am really hoping Ted finds a pass rusher or CB he really likes and trades up in the first round to get him.  Similar to the Clay Matthews selection.

If he's taken in the late first or second round, how can you say he's overhyped.  Trent Richardson was overhyped.  

I agree though, stick to the board Ted.  Hopefully need lines up with BPA at least in the first two rounds.  

Remember also, Kenny Clark will be younger than most rookies this season.  I think he will maybe turn 22 this season.  So there's a lot of hope for him.  

If he's taken in the late first or second round, how can you say he's overhyped.  
Guys who don't belong in the 1st or early second round but somehow climb draft charts and are selected there anyways are the definition of over-hyped; guys who should be taken later but are taken early because of "hype" surrounding the player. 

Peppers doesn't fill any need. We don't need more safeties converted to play elsewhere

Guys who don't belong in the 1st or early second round but somehow climb draft charts and are selected there anyways are the definition of over-hyped; guys who should be taken later but are taken early because of "hype" surrounding the player. 

Peppers doesn't fill any need. We don't need more safeties converted to play elsewhere
We didn't see a need when we passed on Landon Collins for HWY23 either.  

We didn't see a need when we passed on Landon Collins for HWY23 either.  
I wasn't a fan of his selection, because he was a guy who was raw and had really no position in the NFL. He was a safety we wanted to convert to CB. 

Many have been over this countless times, hindsight is 20/20. We passed on a lot of guys who turned out to be awesome. Every team did. Can't change it. To say by passing on Peppers we'd be passing on Landon Collins-like player is ridiculous. You have absolutely no idea how good Peppers is going to be. If anything, drafting a safety and trying to make him work at CB is much similar to the Randall/Rollins situation than drafting a CB to play CB. 

We would be drafting a SS with no real position in the NFL who cannot cover the deep ball and bites on play action and pump fakes too often. Cannot play OLB. This reeks of a repeat reach.

Look, I'm not married to Peppers.  Second or third round would be much better.

I do like how the late first is full of DE, LB, and CBs though.  That's awesome.  If you grab a corner there.  And he plays to his projection, he's the best corner on the team in no time.  The competition at corner on this team is weak at best.  I hope bringing in a new young buck at corner wakes Randall the #### up.  His honeymoon is over.  But I certainly hope he bounces back in a big way.  Between draft and FA, I'd like to see a minimum of three corners brought in to compete.

Rookie contracts are 3 years with a 4th year option I believe? So this is really Randall's "make it or break it" season. I really think we will see him demoted to third or even 4th string this season. I hope. But deep down I know we will end up with Rollins/Randall as our 1-2 and some rookie project (probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder) as our 3 with Hyde basically doing the 3 duties. It's just typical Thompson to not give up on his draft picks no matter how bad they've looked. I'm very much glass half empty when it comes to our CB situation. 

I really see Thompson bringing in a B or even C-list FA CB or two to compete, probably drafting one at some point in the draft (not holding my breath for round 1 even though round 1 is loaded with CB talent). He is going to hope someone takes a huge step like Heyward and Shields did in their respective breakout seasons. 

I'm not so sure he brings in a minimum of 3 corners in to compete, but I'd like to see that too. And not 1 draft pick and 2 UDFAs either. We absolutely need to go get somebody in FA. 

Rookie contracts are 3 years with a 4th year option I believe? So this is really Randall's "make it or break it" season. I really think we will see him demoted to third or even 4th string this season. I hope. But deep down I know we will end up with Rollins/Randall as our 1-2 and some rookie project (probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder) as our 3 with Hyde basically doing the 3 duties. It's just typical Thompson to not give up on his draft picks no matter how bad they've looked. I'm very much glass half empty when it comes to our CB situation. 

I really see Thompson bringing in a B or even C-list FA CB or two to compete, probably drafting one at some point in the draft (not holding my breath for round 1 even though round 1 is loaded with CB talent). He is going to hope someone takes a huge step like Heyward and Shields did in their respective breakout seasons. 

I'm not so sure he brings in a minimum of 3 corners in to compete, but I'd like to see that too. And not 1 draft pick and 2 UDFAs either. We absolutely need to go get somebody in FA. 
I disagree.  Randall wasn't even in the top 2 late this season when the team could avoid it.  He was benched mid game once.  I don't think Mike likes HWY23 much.  I'd say he's as likely to be released as he is to be a day 1 starter (unless injuries force the Packer's hand).  

I also think Ha Ha's comment on twitter was directed at Randall.  I have a sneaking suspicion he's a prima donna without the skills to back it up.  

I disagree.  Randall wasn't even in the top 2 late this season when the team could avoid it.  He was benched mid game once.  I don't think Mike likes HWY23 much.  I'd say he's as likely to be released as he is to be a day 1 starter (unless injuries force the Packer's hand).  

I also think Ha Ha's comment on twitter was directed at Randall.  I have a sneaking suspicion he's a prima donna without the skills to back it up.  
I sure hope so. Like I said, I am very much glass half empty when it comes to the future of our CBs and I am sincerely hoping I'm wrong.

I think you're right about his Twitter/instagram comments. If he was talking to Shields then that makes up half of our defensive backfield. So who else is he referring to? Burnett? Doubt it. Randall does come across as a prima donna

I would love to see us add AP, if we could get him on a friendly deal. Playing in that offense, looking at 10-15 touches a game, I realize people are down on him from his last season performance, but I think we would change that and he would add some team speed and toughness. I would still like to see us add a scat back blazer type guy, but i just think Peterson would fit right in and be an awesome addition for a couple seasons. 

I would love to see us add AP, if we could get him on a friendly deal. Playing in that offense, looking at 10-15 touches a game, I realize people are down on him from his last season performance, but I think we would change that and he would add some team speed and toughness. I would still like to see us add a scat back blazer type guy, but i just think Peterson would fit right in and be an awesome addition for a couple seasons. 
#### that.  He's a child abusing ### hat.  

Well hopefully they don't ask him to watch any children, just play some football. Not like it would happen anyway, but I would love to see it, he served his punishment for what he did. 

I agree that TT appears too patient with his draft picks at times.  But didn't he cut Brian Brohm and Jerel Worthy pretty early in their "careers"?  (If you can call what they did a career......)

No AP please. He has broken down 2 of his last 3 years and sucks in an offense where the quarterback isn't under center. He isn't a fit at all.

Guess we shall since it looks like we are the top landing spot mentioned at this time, still a lot can happen between now and kickoff.

You guys were probably the same ones two years ago talking about cutting Adams, because he had an awful year, now this year he was a beast most the year. 

The Claymaker said:

I'm guessing they can find someone cheaper and less demanding to get 2 ypc than Peterson. Pass.

Yeah, maybe they can bring a young stud like Kniles Davis in, or keep that heffer back there, who loves mama's cooking more than playing football. People seem to forget Minny had a horrible O-line last year and the offense compared to GB's is no comparison at all. Completely different situation, we wouldn't have to rely on him saving the day every game. 

I really hope this happens now, having a stud RB who actually loves the game, AP has got plenty left in the tank in mho. Anyway, as I said I doubt it will happen, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread