What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog piss?  Go and look at Kuzmas stats this season next to Tatums.  Go and look at Ingrams stats versus Tatums this season.  All three players have very comparable stats.  I get that there are a lot of people in this thread that hate the Lakers--but acting like their assets are complete garbage is intellectually dishonest. That doesn't even take into account Zubac--who is one of the nicer young bigs in the game.  
If their assets weren’t garbage then the Pelicans would have made that trade. 

If their assets weren’t garbage then the Pelicans would have made that trade. 
If the Pelicans were a halfway decent franchise their best player wouldn't take a $50k fine to jump ship.   The Pelicans are holding out to do their best to try to squeeze for more.   That's a common negotiating tactic.   However--regardless of whether or not they accept--by no means is what the Lakers offered them "dog piss" or anything near "dog piss".   It's a solid offer for one of the very best players in the league no matter what the outcome ends up being.   

If the Pelicans were a halfway decent franchise their best player wouldn't take a $50k fine to jump ship.   The Pelicans are holding out to do their best to try to squeeze for more.   That's a common negotiating tactic.   However--regardless of whether or not they accept--by no means is what the Lakers offered them "dog piss" or anything near "dog piss".   It's a solid offer for one of the very best players in the league no matter what the outcome ends up being.   
It’s really not. None of those players will approach an all-star game. 

It’s really not. None of those players will approach an all-star game. 
Agree to disagree. No team is going to give up a young all-star at this point--unless you are counting packages centered around guys like kris Middleton, D'Angelo russell, goran dragic or whiteside.  Middleton is a nice player--but the bucks don't have enough other appealing assets to make a better offer.  The celts could offer tatum after the season (who is a very nice player)--but so far in his career he has not shown that the gap between him and either kuzma/ingram is much.   Jaylen brown and Smart aren't all star caliber players either.   I wouldn't blame the Pelicans for accepting or declining--but no way I'd call the package of Kuzma/Ingram/Ball/zubac/Hart+ draft picks trash.  It's far from it.  

I agree with this. People are just busting your balls because of Lebron's arrogance in this whole thing. The whole I am going to LA and help build a team thing, when in fact it appears he wants to win NOW. I mean we are not even at the All-Star Break and we have rumors of a coaching change and dissension in the locker room. How would you feel if you were one of these young guys who Lebron said he wanted to work with and recently called "My guys," yet he is actively working behind the scenes to move on from?

Plus you have ESPN letting us know every time Lebron takes a poop or shares a thought on something that drives people to dislike him. 

And you have the whole LA Lakers' mystique and they are frankly easy to hate like the Patriots. I know, I am a Nuggets fan. How many times has Denver lost to you guys?  So it is fun to rib you over your team's dysfunction right now.  It will all work out and at least makes for an interesting trade deadline. 

Sixers look like they are itching to hand out an ### whoopin' tonight.........

ETA: except it looks like they got the officials from the Saints-Rams game here.  :kicksrock:

ETA2:  ehh, Raptors came to play too

Last edited by a moderator:
Toronto shooting well, but the f'n refs are off their rockers. Could be a long night for the good guys in Philly

Toronto shooting well, but the f'n refs are off their rockers. Could be a long night for the good guys in Philly
Call a spade a spade.  Toronto has clearly outplayed and out-hustled Phili so far in this game.  Don't put it on the refs.  With that said--the 76ers have plenty of talent to come back and make this a game.  I frankly expect them to do just that.  

Call a spade a spade.  Toronto has clearly outplayed and out-hustled Phili so far in this game.  Don't put it on the refs.  With that said--the 76ers have plenty of talent to come back and make this a game.  I frankly expect them to do just that.  
depth is still a killer. 2nd quarter has shown Philly not playing on same level. Need a boost. Fultz out of nowhere????

The way the Lakers are playing tonight, trade the whole damn team for Anthony Davis, including Lebron.

depth is still a killer. 2nd quarter has shown Philly not playing on same level. Need a boost. Fultz out of nowhere????
The boost they need is better defensive intensity and better shot selection.  So far they have not shown any long bursts of discipline in regards to those phases of the game.  

The boost they need is better defensive intensity and better shot selection.  So far they have not shown any long bursts of discipline in regards to those phases of the game.  
just bet Raptors -7.5 in live betting. No Reddick kills the spacing on the floor, and the Sixers just are not adjusting well. Try to have Landry fill in, and maybe at some point, but the rookie is not quite ready for that. 

Michael Lee✔@MrMichaelLee

With Sixers getting drilled at home, a fan shouted to GM Elton Brand: "Anthony Davis is available. Go get him, Elton!" Brand, who sits behind the basket by the visitors bench, looked up & nodded, annoyingly, to get the guy to shut up. He did.

EB should have punched him in the face

Raptors won the game but with 2:30 to go, Landry Shamet drains a 3 in the corner to pull within 5 and seemingly was fouled to possibly make it a 4 point game. The ref called Shamet for an offensive foul for shooting a 3. No extended leg kick. No taking a dive. Just a normal shooting motion and he got hit while shooting. They took away the 3. Sixers never got close again. 

Raptors were the better team tonight but the Sixers made a helluva a run there at the end. Just sucks it was stopped not by Raptors defense but a BS call by the ref just because it's a rookie shooter. No way if it was Butler do they call that an offensive foul. He goes to the line.

Raptors won the game but with 2:30 to go, Landry Shamet drains a 3 in the corner to pull within 5 and seemingly was fouled to possibly make it a 4 point game. The ref called Shamet for an offensive foul for shooting a 3. No extended leg kick. No taking a dive. Just a normal shooting motion and he got hit while shooting. They took away the 3. Sixers never got close again. 

Raptors were the better team tonight but the Sixers made a helluva a run there at the end. Just sucks it was stopped not by Raptors defense but a BS call by the ref just because it's a rookie shooter. No way if it was Butler do they call that a foul.
yeah, was honestly the strangest calls by the refs tonight. it was like they thought they were the away team in Boston

really wish Sixers could have got Kawhi instead of Jimmy:

Serena Winters✔@SerenaWinters

Kawhi Leonard remains undefeated against the Sixers (13-0).

so all in all with this Lakers mess, i a, beginning to like Ingram more. kid is coming off we;ll, interested to see where he lands

Oladipo fan?

wanted to quote tgunz  he hated oladipo coming into the league  

Lakers made their trade:

Shams Charania✔@ShamsCharania

Sources: The Lakers are trading guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and a draft pick to Detroit for guard Reggie Bullock. Deal is expected to be completed Wednesday.

jvdesigns2002 said:
AD, like Durant, is kinda being manipulated by his agent for his own ends.

Also i think zubac is a ufa this summer?

baymen said:
Oladipo fan?

wanted to quote tgunz  he hated oladipo coming into the league  
Fact-check:  TRUE.  I was absolutely concerned with Oladipo’s FG% outside of the paint coming into the league.  

Excellent notebook baymen!

If I was Demps I would issue a statement saying "we arent trading a top 5 player not yet in his prime to Los Angeles for any package of players that doesnt include their own top 5 player who is exiting his prime.  Absent that player's inclusion in a deal, the Lakers are welcome to try and sign our under-contract player in July of 2020 when his contract has expired."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread