What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Sleepers, Midseason Callups and Breakouts... (1 Viewer)

Corey Ray hit two HRs tonight for AA Biloxi.  His strikeouts are down a bit but still high.  It's nice to see a mini-breakout at the beginning of a crucial season in his development.

He probably won't be up until 2020 if at all.  The Brewers have too many OF as it is but I'm pulling for this kid.

@Kraft...

Corey Ray hit two HRs tonight for AA Biloxi.  His strikeouts are down a bit but still high.  It's nice to see a mini-breakout at the beginning of a crucial season in his development.

He probably won't be up until 2020 if at all.  The Brewers have too many OF as it is but I'm pulling for this kid.

@Kraft...
That makes two of us  :excited:

The SD OF is pretty fascinating. Any chance Margot gets sent down?

I'd think Franchy has bought himself enough rope for the inevitable swoon that's coming. Jankowski just seems better than Margot right now. Not as much power (though Margot doesn't have much), but fast as hell with better OB skills. Margot and Reyes really need to get hot before Myers gets back. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The SD OF is pretty fascinating. Any chance Margot gets sent down?

I'd think Franchy has bought himself enough rope for the inevitable swoon that's coming. Jankowski just seems better than Margot right now. Not as much power (though Margot doesn't have much), but fast as hell with better OB skills. Margot and Reyes really need to get hot before Myers gets back. 
Reyes looks overmatched right now.  He needs to show something before Myers gets healthy or the decision will be easy.

Juan Soto promoted - Go get him now.

Nationals purchased the contract of OF Juan Soto from Double-A Harrisburg.

It's a bold move, as Soto will be the youngest player in the majors at 19 and has just 512 plate appearances as a pro, with nearly all of them coming in the lower minors. However, there's no doubting his talent, and he's posted a ridiculous .362/.462/.757 batting line with 14 home runs and 52 RBI across 39 games over his three stops this season. Soto is not in Sunday's lineup with the Dodgers throwing lefty Alex Wood and could be benched some against tougher southpaws, but he'll play most every day.

It's a bold move, as Soto will be the youngest player in the majors at 19 and has just 512 plate appearances as a pro, with nearly all of them coming in the lower minors. However, there's no doubting his talent, and he's posted a ridiculous .362/.462/.757 batting line with 14 home runs and 52 RBI across 39 games over his three stops this season. Soto is not in Sunday's lineup with the Dodgers throwing lefty Alex Wood and could be benched some against tougher southpaws, but he'll play most every day.
Where would we be without you Johnny? 

Last edited by a moderator:

I was looking at Soto last night, but didn't think he was imminent so I didn't make a move.  :wall:

Logged on today to process transaction requests for the league I commish, and saw four requests for him, then a fifth came in as I was putting them through.

Second year in a row I traded a Spec that was called up a few weeks later. Last year it was Hoskins this year Adames :oldunsure:  

Starling Marte has resumed baseball activities and should be back next week.  It'll be interesting to see what this means to Austin Meadows and his 1.320 OPS.  Meadows, Dickerson and Polanco are all lefty bats so platooning isn't the solution.

Starling Marte has resumed baseball activities and should be back next week.  It'll be interesting to see what this means to Austin Meadows and his 1.320 OPS.  Meadows, Dickerson and Polanco are all lefty bats so platooning isn't the solution.
It's the Pirates so Meadows will be sent down and slowly fade into the land of oblivion. 

Either that or he'll be traded to Houston and turn into the next Mike Trout.   :shrug:  

Alex Reyes (elbow) struck out 12 while yielding just one hit and two walks over five scoreless innings in a rehab start with Low-A Peoria on Monday.

Advice: Reyes was reportedly sitting in the 95-99 mph range and touching 100-101 mph with his fastball. It's not fair for that kind of arm facing Low-A competition, but it's nonetheless a very impressive and encouraging showing from the right-hander.
now has thrown 23 innings yielding 0 earned runs, striking out 44 i think.  has given up maybe 10 hits.  1 more tuneup then he is back with no restrictions.  

If Russell Martin is going to be a super utility guy, the Jays could call up Danny Jansen to catch. 

He dominated three different levels last season and is hitting 322/430/483 at AAA this year so not much reason to hold him down.

Catching prospects arent necessarily a hot commodity but for deep and 2C leagues, he's likely worth a flier.

Just one start, right?
He'll go back down after, but if it goes well then he could be on the yo-yo they had Clevinger on last year.  Two off days next week, so he'll probably make at least 2 turns in AAA before they'll consider bringing him up again.

Dodgers call up 21 year old RHP Dennis Santana but probably only for a short stay this time.  MLB will be Santana's third level this season after being converted from SS.  High ceiling, high risk prospect TINSTAAP

Dylan Cozens makes the show on his 24th birthday.  He had one 40/20 season in AA that got people's attention but he'll strike out a ton in the bigs.

Dylan Cozens makes the show on his 24th birthday.  He had one 40/20 season in AA that got people's attention but he'll strike out a ton in the bigs.
Seems like Cozens is mostly up because he's on the 40 man and Phillies have a lot of injuries. I can't see how he sticks for long after Hoskins returns when they're already trying to figure out what they have in Williams/Altherr (unless he absolutely rakes but a 38% AAA k-rate makes that unlikely, even if he hits some big flies).

Seems like Cozens is mostly up because he's on the 40 man and Phillies have a lot of injuries. I can't see how he sticks for long after Hoskins returns when they're already trying to figure out what they have in Williams/Altherr (unless he absolutely rakes but a 38% AAA k-rate makes that unlikely, even if he hits some big flies).
I'm just trying to be comprehensive

Cue up Rod Stewart’s Tonight’s the Night because I’m a true Belieber. 

Tonight's the night 
It's gonna be alright 
'Cause I love you girl 
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now…

Users who are viewing this thread