What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (3 Viewers)

I can't even watch tonight - I'm going to head out for a run and just hoping the Braves bats wake up.  I have zero confidence and they've burned me way too many times in the last 25 years.
Hopefully it’s a long run. 

My bracket is toast. 

I think he should go 3-4 innings tops.
It's an interesting study in risk aversion/CYA at this point. The best strategic move for the team is obviously to pull him fairly soon. But the manager knows if Flaherty lets them back in it the blame will fall on the team, whereas if the bullpen does so it'll be on him.

It's an interesting study in risk aversion/CYA at this point. The best strategic move for the team is obviously to pull him fairly soon. But the manager knows if Flaherty lets them back in it the blame will fall on the team, whereas if the bullpen does so it'll be on him.
If your team doesn't hold an 11 run lead, you don't deserve to advance.  Given the probability of winning at this point, you play to advance in the next series.  That means getting Flaherty on the mound early in the next series.

What is the difference between pitching him in game 2 or 3? He’s only starting 2 games In the next round either way. 

Freddie Freeman pretty much trashing his legacy with Braves fans in this series
No?  He’s sucked this series but he’s hurt. I pretty much guarantee there’s a surgery in the next 10 days. He keeps saying he’s fine but his swings are soft. 

So if they pull Flaherty from the game, any other cute Moms they can show to keep people watching?

Oh well ####, you didn’t tell me it was on Twitter. 

to your edit: Snit and Albies called out Acuna too. He deserved to be. 
https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/04/ronald-acuna-jr-lack-hustle-braves

First baseman Freddie Freeman called out Acuna after the 7–6 loss to the Cardinals.

"Yeah, it's frustrating," he said, per ESPN. "But I think you have that conversation once. It's kind of beating a dead horse after that if you keep having the same conversation over and over again. You have to know that was a mistake."

When asked about the moment, Acuna admitted that he'd handle it differently if he could rewind the night.

ETA: Sorry - didn't see the too. now I can't remove it - I apologize

Last edited by a moderator:
If Acuna hustles in that earlier game, they may not even be in game 5.  Those guys calling him out obviously had seen this happen all year.

Braves account hasn’t tweeted since before the game. Honestly that may be the funniest thing of this all. 

Read up the thread

How the Minutemen going to do? Pioneers ranked #2 - won 2 in Alaska!
I haven't been watching the game ... I just couldn't figure out which pitcher you meant.

(Also, hoping to make the trip to Denver for the two games right after New Year's, and catch the MakarAvs on Thursday. Minutemen still should be a top-10 team this season.)

Users who are viewing this thread