What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

I don’t think the form has EVER had the bye weeks on  it. It’s always been the dance of 

1) work forever on a roster to fit under 250

2) hit enter

3) make note of which bye week clashes you have

4) tweak the couple of spots to try to resolve bye week clashes

5) rinse and repeat. 
Yes, thank you I was clever enough to figure that process out on my own. 

I even got one step more clever and printed out the BYE weeks for each team to refer to, thus saving myself 4 steps. Once a project manager, always one, I guess. :shrug:  

it just seems like an unnecessary pain point. 

Personally I extract the auction list and add in bye weeks and VBD values in an external spreadsheet, so I'm neutral on the "need" to do this.
I coulda sworn it was there.

ah well. No biggie, just thought I’d ask. I now realize I never added a question mark, so I technically still haven’t asked yet. 
:(  

Ive got my printed BYE week guide handy. Fortunately I know what teams a few of these guys play for. Wish me luck! 🤞🏼 

Let's start off the controversy! 

How many QBs y'all taking? :whistle:  

What's the perfect #?

2 for the bold?

3 for the "just in case" aspect"?

4 because you want to have a sleeper who's (you think) considerably less owned?

What's the best # of players to roster? 

How many defenses are you gonna carry? 

Let the BSing....begin! 

:popcorn:

What's the perfect #?

2 for the bold?

Let the BSing....begin! 

I’ve never come close to winning this thing but, currently, I have:

3QB, 6RB, 6WR, 3TE, 3K, 3D = 24 players.

all of the Ks are $3 each, and 2 D are $3 and 1 D is $2

knowing me, I’ll be shaving money from the Ks to get those little $1 or $2 upgrades on my 90th iteration. 
I’m spending a total of $27 on 3 QBs and $37 on my 3TEs. 

I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot Sauce Guy said:

What's the perfect #?

2 for the bold?

Let the BSing....begin! 

3 QBs but about $30 combined. I’m fluctuating between 24-26 players. Not sure if that’s perfect but feels right. And I just do 2 Defenses. It’s not like they could get hurt and be out for the season. 😁

good luck. 

I ran a large squad experiment last year with 27 roster size and got bounced early.   Will likely return to 22 roster size to finish strong and get bounced Week 9.  :kicksrock:
This year’s automatic cutoffs prevent me from taking such risks. The “all scrub” roster is a thing of the past my friend.

And you KNOW a % of return competitors won’t read the rules and will get bounced the 1st week because of it. 
:cry:  

This year’s automatic cutoffs prevent me from taking such risks. The “all scrub” roster is a thing of the past my friend.

And you KNOW a % of return competitors won’t read the rules and will get bounced the 1st week because of it. 
:cry:  

Currently struggling with how to get 3QBs and 3TEs without bottom feeding.

The Shark Pool is the smartest and best group of fantasy football players I know of. Always best to let you folks try it first. One as a perk for you. But also for us as if it's broken somewhere, you all would find it.

:hifive:
Donavon People-Jones is not on the list as far as I can tell. He's generating good camp buzz. 

Is there any truth to the dark web rumor that the grand prize this year will be awarded in those crypto-wheat-pennies that Dodds has been working on feverishly?

Once you have a bushel of those it seems to me the shark move is just sit back and wait for the inevitable Elon Musk tweet. Cash in. Retire. Buy island.

Once you have a bushel of those it seems to me the shark move is just sit back and wait for the inevitable Elon Musk tweet. Cash in. Retire. Buy island.

That's my plan, anyway. What the rest of you do when you place somewhere behind me is your business. ;)  

This may have already been asked and answered in contest threads from previous years but has anyone every pulled off the statistically perfect lineup?

It's a good question - I've wondered the same. I assume whomever wins every year must come pretty damn close. 

Is it just me or are these middle of the pack TE options worse than most years? Usually I can find a few guys that I can actually see over achieving if I squint hard enough. You have to squint very, very hard this year.

Is it just me or are these middle of the pack TE options worse than most years? Usually I can find a few guys that I can actually see over achieving if I squint hard enough. You have to squint very, very hard this year.
I believe it’s the nature of the position this year. 

I believe it’s the nature of the position this year. 
Actually, I thought that the nature of the position would dictate that there were about half a dozen guys that would be $19+, and then there would be a huge tier below $11. It's just surprising to me that there is an entire middle tier this year between $11-19.... about a dozen guys!? Maybe in past years I could understand it but I find it surprising this year.

What's the perfect #?

2 for the bold?

Let the BSing....begin! 

QBs:  I lean towards 2.  Pick the right one, and hope #2 covers at the right time.

QBs:  I lean towards 2.  Pick the right one, and hope #2 covers at the right time.
I’ve been trying to decide between 2 & 3. I feel like 2 is a good number, but one badly timed injury could end your contest. I like the idea of one of the cheap upside guys, but need to see how things shake up in NOS & other spots.

I just hate the idea of (hypothetically) week 6 BYE & my backup gets hurt, going into the week with 0 QB. Good way to get bounced. 

🤔 

I’ve been trying to decide between 2 & 3. I feel like 2 is a good number, but one badly timed injury could end your contest. I like the idea of one of the cheap upside guys, but need to see how things shake up in NOS & other spots.

I just hate the idea of (hypothetically) week 6 BYE & my backup gets hurt, going into the week with 0 QB. Good way to get bounced. 

🤔

or gets put in COVID protocal.....It seems like you almost have to cover for it with 3.

2 years ago I had Brees and Ljax, then Brees got injured and I was fine as Ljax was having his breakout year, then the week 9 bye (I think) came and I was sweating bullets till Brees was able to go that week. Finished 75th that year but would have been bounced that week for sure. 

I hate to "Waste" money on a position that will normally be covered by your top 2 guys but ever since that season I have had 3, just have to protect against Murphy's Law.....

The right number of QBs is two.  I am psychologically unable to avoid having three.  Hence, doom.
See, I agree with this.

and the right total # of players is 18. Maximize that lineup! Luck is for other people, aim for the stars, pick 18 studs and win it all when they all stay healthy all year & perform exactly to expectations. 

Excelsior! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot Sauce Guy said:
Enough? 
:shrug:  

IIRC 22-25-Ish? I could be wrong. 
For some reason I always find the analysis of previous winners(or really even top-50 teams or so) fascinating..... and then I never follow the direction those results suggest. 

In particular I'm always interested on how successful teams handle the K/Def situation. How much they spend, how many they have, when the bye weeks were, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread