What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (1 Viewer)

sweet baby jeebus.  nathan peterman released.  still paying him his million, but he gone!  javin white also released.  odd to bring him back to the 53 and then release him
Had to bring him White to 53 to release and then sign to PS. 

I think Peterman was insurance in case a good offer for Mariota came through. Prob sign him to PS again though. 

Does Ruggs go on Non-Football PUP list? How does that impact cap space?

I don't think this means any particular player will benefit. Carr is one of those few QB's that spread the ball to who is open. Just like when Waller was out last game. Obviously Moreau had a bump up but other than there was no specific "this guy" will see more targets. I would say Jones gets the biggest move up as he will see a significant increase in snaps. Other than that, a small bump to everyone else. For the short term, Zay is the only player to think about making a move on or against with this news.
i put waivers for both Edwards and Zay

its a win /win no matter which i get ,if i get both ill wait and watch , then keep one of the 2

I wonder what the deal is with him. Gotta be something wrong. 

Was it you who was baging the table for him? 

I don't know. I didn't see him play in GB. Maybe a bad scheme fit? 

I am a big fan of his from ND days. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him too. 

i put waivers for both Edwards and Zay

its a win /win no matter which i get ,if i get both ill wait and watch , then keep one of the 2
My leagues are way too deep. Zay is available but Edwards is rostered. Plus, I have low waiver wire priorities in all three. 

I think its Zay's job to lose. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Deshaun Jackson either. Would've been nice if they could have made a play for Brandin Cooks as it looks like the Texans are throwing in the towel. But with the timing of this tragedy, there would be no way of knowing they would need him.

I am a big fan of his from ND days. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him too. 
I know I was vocal hoping the Raiders would make a move for him 

Had to bring him White to 53 to release and then sign to PS. 

I think Peterman was insurance in case a good offer for Mariota came through. Prob sign him to PS again though. 

Does Ruggs go on Non-Football PUP list? How does that impact cap space?
I didn’t know that about having to bring him to the 53. That’s odd. 

Peterman sucks. He was a Gruden pet. When mariota was hurt, he made sense. At no other time, was his presence on the team warranted.  He’s been a waste of space/money since 2018  

Pretty sure the raiders are on the hook for rugg’s salary and they won’t be able to do anything, if they can legally get out of it, until the trial is complete.  But yes, he’ll go on the NFI list. 

Nope. Not me. They still need OL more than any other position. Maybe wr now   :sadbanana:

Ruggs arrested and booked formally. 
Even though he's young, his career is essentially over. He'll never wear Silver & Black again that's for sure. He will spend time in jail no matter what. I remember Vince Niell going through the same thing in the 80s. I don't think he ever fully came back from the guilt he has to live with. Sad, sad tragedy all around. 

tmz with video now. oooof
Some thoughts:

Horrific - car is engulfed - 

Is guy on ground other person from the SUV? No way anyone survives that fire.

WTF with people driving by and barely slowing down????

TMZ is really amazing the way they break stories and the follow up they get

victim was 23 year old female.   passenger in rugg's car, was his girlfriend.  she is seriously injured  SMDH

edited for more tmz details 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some thoughts:

I believe that was Ruggs...

Even though he's young, his career is essentially over. He'll never wear Silver & Black again that's for sure. He will spend time in jail no matter what. I remember Vince Niell going through the same thing in the 80s. I don't think he ever fully came back from the guilt he has to live with. Sad, sad tragedy all around. 
Considering how much of his game is predicated on speed, he's going to be gone for at least a year (do they get time off for good behavior in Nevada?) and who knows the extent of his injuries, I'm thinking his star turn has ended.

Considering how much of his game is predicated on speed, he's going to be gone for at least a year (do they get time off for good behavior in Nevada?) and who knows the extent of his injuries, I'm thinking his star turn has ended.
Without getting too personal, I've sat through a few AA meetings and the room is half full of people in Ruggs' shoes. Those who have gotten behind the wheel impaired and maimed and killed people. No matter how he comes out of this tragedy physically, it's the emotional and mental side of things that, if he has any conscience or heart at all will take years for him to work through. Catching footballs is going to be the least of his worries the next 10 years or so. It's a heartbreaking situation that happens all too often. Someone should have had the kid's back and gotten him a ride. But this isn't the place for that discussion and that's the last I'll comment on it. I wish peace for the victim's family.

This news has been mind numbing. Seriously, my mind has gone numb multiple times today thinking about Henry Ruggs III. What a terrible fall and stark reminder of the fragility of our daily paths. 24 hours ago this kid was on top of the world and readying to climb even further. Now he's facing 2 to 20 + a lifetime sentence of heartache/regret. So. #######. Sad.  :(

This news has been mind numbing. Seriously, my mind has gone numb multiple times today thinking about Henry Ruggs III. What a terrible fall and stark reminder of the fragility of our daily paths. 24 hours ago this kid was on top of the world and readying to climb even further. Now he's facing 2 to 20 + a lifetime sentence of heartache/regret. So. #######. Sad.  :(
it really is awful.  all of it.

Some thoughts:

That was Ruggs. 

Person killed a woman in the engulfed car. 

People just don't want to get involved. I had an accident in my truck where I passed out and my truck ended up on it's side basically blocking one lane and a bit into the opposite traffic. This was very early morning as well... prob about the same time... 3-4ish. I couldn't get out of the truck and I couldn't find my phone. Several cars just went around and kept going. The only thing I could think of was to hit the 'hazard' lights but I even laughed at how ridiculous that was. Finally, someone stopped, he peeked in from about 10 feet away and kind of yelled if I was ok. A cop showed up a few minutes later and asked how I was and I told him that I didn't know if it was that I was sick (I had been trying to drive myself to the ER when I believe I had a panic attack and blacked out) or that I was in shock but couldn't stop shivering. He asked if I wanted him to break the glass and get him out and I was like "well.... I don't know.... I know I can't climb out" then just after that the firefighters showed up (literally their station is about a 3 minute walk further down the street from where I crashed) did the jaws of life and pulled me out- sent me on my way to the hospital.... anyways... people don't want to get involved. 

As for the car fire.... about a year ago or so.... maybe two now.... a car caught on fire right on my street. That is a hot fire and plus you are scared of it blowing up so going to help isn't something I was about to do. I had thought the car was parked but somehow a guy was in there and died (never got info on what happened). 

Count me among those who is checking in to register shock and numbness at the news of Henry Ruggs. As many know, I was a big supporter of his on this board despite my lamentations about his production, and I had picked him to be my first round pick on my dynasty team about a year and a half ago. He gave me a reason to check out Vegas games on the reg, so I became very familiar with the team. (Of course, I was also a big Raiders fan throughout my adolescence and into college, so I know the Silver and Black a bit.) It's amazing how things change so quickly and people fall so fast in our society. 

I wish nothing but grace for the victim and her family. They shouldn't have to deal with this, and it is a senseless tragedy that a person is dead. I'm upset for everyone in the situation, and he's going to have to live with this the rest of his life. Processing it will be tough. Best to all involved. 

Without getting too personal, I've sat through a few AA meetings and the room is half full of people in Ruggs' shoes. Those who have gotten behind the wheel impaired and maimed and killed people. No matter how he comes out of this tragedy physically, it's the emotional and mental side of things that, if he has any conscience or heart at all will take years for him to work through. Catching footballs is going to be the least of his worries the next 10 years or so. It's a heartbreaking situation that happens all too often. Someone should have had the kid's back and gotten him a ride. But this isn't the place for that discussion and that's the last I'll comment on it. I wish peace for the victim's family.
I literally grew up going to AA meetings... I agree. 

keeping this on football, there really might not be a better opponent to play than the Giants coming off a monday night game

And the carrying the burden of killing a woman on top of throwing a multi-million dollar job away. My hope is that he comes out of this in a way that he change people's lives for the better once the legal side of this all wraps up. He is likely out of football for 2022 and 2023 seasons and that is a long time to be out of the league. On the other side, he is still young, and can definitely make a comeback attempt but it will not be easy or guaranteed. 

>>If convicted, the first charge carries a sentence ranging from 2-20 years and the second charge carries a sentence ranging from 1-6 years.<<

Maybe on suicide watch. I've read about 2 dui fatality cases in the Miami area just this past week. One in which a 33 year old woman in a Maserati, 3 times over legal,  hit the driver of a Ferrari who was inspecting his engine on the side of the road, throwing him over a bridge into the water where he was discovered dead 12 hours later. 

Still way too much dui. Ruggs could help society from prison, perhaps by being a spokesperson that many people would listen to. Probably wishful thinking. 

https://twitter.com/tashanreed/status/1455667332911546369?t=UVgRhltY7QsrMMWTbEz8UQ&s=19

And the carrying the burden of killing a woman on top of throwing a multi-million dollar job away. My hope is that he comes out of this in a way that he change people's lives for the better once the legal side of this all wraps up. He is likely out of football for 2022 and 2023 seasons and that is a long time to be out of the league. On the other side, he is still young, and can definitely make a comeback attempt but it will not be easy or guaranteed. 
Seeing as Mark Davis, and the whole Raider organization, has had so much to do with the Biletnikoff Foundation, I hope they can rally around Ruggs to create something  help and educate others in avoiding situations like this

I didn’t know that about having to bring him to the 53. That’s odd. 

Peterman sucks. He was a Gruden pet. When mariota was hurt, he made sense. At no other time, was his presence on the team warranted.  He’s been a waste of space/money since 2018  

Pretty sure the raiders are on the hook for rugg’s salary and they won’t be able to do anything, if they can legally get out of it, until the trial is complete.  But yes, he’ll go on the NFI list. 
They don't have to pay him if he's not available to play unless it's by injury.  They'll either be able to put him on NFI or some kind of Reserve list for those that don't show.  Similar to Calvin Ridley, or when a player doesn't show/retires/whatever. 

Subject to waivers 
I thought as a vet he's not subject to waivers and can go anywhere he wants?

Doesn't matter really because he wouldn't last 3 games with any kind of significant usage. We would have to literally get him, John Brown and Tyrell Williams and just kick each one to the curb as they get hurt. That could get us to week 15 maybe.

Doesn't matter really because he wouldn't last 3 games with any kind of significant usage. We would have to literally get him, John Brown and Tyrell Williams and just kick each one to the curb as they get hurt. That could get us to week 15 maybe.
Tyrell is still with the Lions and on IR with concussion, no?

I feel sorry for the victims family.  Ruggs made a horrible decision and is going to pay the price.  Not sure that price equals a young woman’s life so Ruggs is done to me.  He doesn’t deserve to be in the NFL ever again.  That doesn’t mean that he won’t get a shot but what will it take for these athletes to get a driver if they want to party?   

The decision to draft Ruggs over Lamb was a big mistake but this incident has nothing to do with it.  Nobody was expecting this.  Just a tragedy for the victims family.  

After the trade deadline all cuts are subject to waivers.  Prevents shenanigans of "cut him and we'll sign him and give you some Fritos".

I feel sorry for the victims family.  Ruggs made a horrible decision and is going to pay the price.  Not sure that price equals a young woman’s life so Ruggs is done to me.  He doesn’t deserve to be in the NFL ever again.  That doesn’t mean that he won’t get a shot but what will it take for these athletes to get a driver if they want to party?   

The decision to draft Ruggs over Lamb was a big mistake but this incident has nothing to do with it.  Nobody was expecting this.  Just a tragedy for the victims family.  
I made some pretty bad decisions from the age of 16-24. Most young men are just dumb. Still, I always dreamed of having a driver to safely get me home from bars and not have to worry about police. In today's Uber/Lyft age and as a millionaire there is just no excuse for this. He'll be in his 30's by the time he gets out of prison and hopefully the victim's family is living in his house by then.

His career is over.  

Mind numbing is the perfect way to describe this. Just horrible horrible news all around. 

Users who are viewing this thread