What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real question I have is what everyone is drinking tonight?
I have an assortment of Hazy style IPAs and also a Drouble Dry Hop Pseudo Sue from Goliath, really like this beer.
Stone 7.4.23, Woven Water had 2 new IPAs, one was a West Coast so I grabbed a single of that to try.
Oh yeah, and Ever Haze for the Heat tonight, that's been a pretty lucky go to thru the Playoffs, see if the trend can continue tonight

Go Heat!
Coors Light--lots of Coors Light. I just have always liked beer flavored water.

This series just means a lot to me. I am 53 and a Colorado native. The Nuggets have always been my go-to team even over the Broncos. I remember watching all the Dan Issel, Alex English, Bill Hanzlik type years where they were fairly competitive, but no one was beating the Lakers or Celtics back then, Just year after year of disappointment and then a bright spot comes into town and you think, "Hey, maybe this will be the player." The Laphonso Ellis/Bryant Stith draft year. The selection of Mutombo. Rodney Rogers and his monster dunks, but still not sniffing a title. Even getting to see Iverson in a Nugs uni was so awesome. Then Melo gets drafted and things got interesting, but he leaves like most players leave the small market teams. This team Denver has now is special and will be together for a bit. I like Jimmy Butler, but Miami has had their moment before--it is Nuggets time.

Nugs in Six (but I bet them in five)

The Nuggets have always been my go-to team even over the Broncos. I remember watching all the Dan Issel, Alex English, Bill Hanzlik type years where they were fairly competitive, but no one was beating the Lakers or Celtics back then, Just year after year of disappointment and then a bright spot comes into town and you think, "Hey, maybe this will be the player." The Laphonso Ellis/Bryant Stith draft year.
Raef Lafrentz

is "Sacramento" too long of a word to say? what about "Kings"?

used to think it was only a thing John McLaughlin used to say, but now i hear every NBA player, media talking head, coach, etc. calling the team "Sac" and it's just.... not great.

San-an-to-ni-o is longer

I dub them San-Ant
Or just Sh*thole. Texans will know what city you’re referring to.

used to think it was only a thing John McLaughlin used to say, but now i hear every NBA player, media talking head, coach, etc. calling the team "Sac" and it's just.... not great.

San-an-to-ni-o is longer

I dub them San-Ant

Is there only one of those in the Yellow Rose State?

San-an-to-ni-o is longer

I dub them San-Ant
Yep.

San-an-to-ni-o is longer

I dub them San-Ant
Yep.

He better be good. If not the internet and the memes will never stop.

San-an-to-ni-o is longer

I dub them San-Ant
Yep.

He better be good. If not the internet and the memes will never stop.
As a fan, I'm all in.

San-an-to-ni-o is longer

I dub them San-Ant
Yep.

You should’ve watched the Houston draft parties when the Spurs got the first pick. Almost as much angst as when they announced the Rockets were drafting 4th. The hate is real 😂

San-an-to-ni-o is longer

I dub them San-Ant
Yep.

You should’ve watched the Houston draft parties when the Spurs got the first pick. Almost as much angst as when they announced the Rockets we’re drafting 4th. The hate is real 😂
Yeah, there was one that was widely spread on Twitter - this one: https://youtu.be/GKEuGGosNmI?t=95

Houston is a great town, but I hate the Rockets. Some people remember the Alamo; I remember 1995.

Unfortunately I stopped reading after the first sentence started, "The best NBA television analyst..."

He wants to speed the game up. 5 minute halftime, no free throws until the last 4 minutes. If you foul someone in the act of shooting they automatically get 2 or 3 points.

The Nuggets have always been my go-to team even over the Broncos. I remember watching all the Dan Issel, Alex English, Bill Hanzlik type years where they were fairly competitive, but no one was beating the Lakers or Celtics back then, Just year after year of disappointment and then a bright spot comes into town and you think, "Hey, maybe this will be the player." The Laphonso Ellis/Bryant Stith draft year.
Raef Lafrentz
I have my Ellis and a Mutombo jersey still.

But I also have a Cutler jersey too….:bag:

Raef Lafrentz
I have my Ellis and a Mutombo jersey still.

But I also have a Cutler jersey too….:bag:
Should be more Antonio mcdyess talk in here

Last edited:
So far?

And it’s early.

Miami getting plenty of wide open looks…gotta start hitting them.

Denver getting great mismatches in transition.

Gotta see if Kevin Love can give us anything and we may need him on the court at the same time as Bam and Martin starts coming off the bench again.

The mismatches are killing us….especially with Gordon.

It’s way early and Miami has missed some shots but they have a ton of matchup issues and Denver is getting a ton of easy baskets.

The real question I have is what everyone is drinking tonight?
I have an assortment of Hazy style IPAs and also a Drouble Dry Hop Pseudo Sue from Goliath, really like this beer.
Stone 7.4.23, Woven Water had 2 new IPAs, one was a West Coast so I grabbed a single of that to try.
Oh yeah, and Ever Haze for the Heat tonight, that's been a pretty lucky go to thru the Playoffs, see if the trend can continue tonight

Go Heat!
Coors Light--lots of Coors Light. I just have always liked beer flavored water.

This series just means a lot to me. I am 53 and a Colorado native. The Nuggets have always been my go-to team even over the Broncos. I remember watching all the Dan Issel, Alex English, Bill Hanzlik type years where they were fairly competitive, but no one was beating the Lakers or Celtics back then, Just year after year of disappointment and then a bright spot comes into town and you think, "Hey, maybe this will be the player." The Laphonso Ellis/Bryant Stith draft year. The selection of Mutombo. Rodney Rogers and his monster dunks, but still not sniffing a title. Even getting to see Iverson in a Nugs uni was so awesome. Then Melo gets drafted and things got interesting, but he leaves like most players leave the small market teams. This team Denver has now is special and will be together for a bit. I like Jimmy Butler, but Miami has had their moment before--it is Nuggets time.

Nugs in Six (but I bet them in five)

Maybe you just missed him but David Thompson was that player...had a chance to be Jordan before Jordan...I'm sure you know the story but before his career got derailed, he was on the path to being an all-time great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread