What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (2 Viewers)

I'll be the first...

QB - Cousins & Carr - Neither one has hit 30 yet, but combined they have averaged 26.4 with a low of 25.5 and a high of 27.85. I just want consistency here.
RB - Barkley, Edmonds, Pierce, Z White, Wilson, Moss - I'm asking alot from Saquon here. Actually, my team will live or die with him.
WR - Sutton, St. Brown, Kirk, Smith-Schuster - Planned on 2 decent scores each week and maybe a flex, and they haven't disappointed.
TE - Kelce, Andrews, Pitts - Nice to see Pitts getting involved. I am 1 of 8 live teams with this trio (we lost 1 in week 1).
K - Seibert & Blankenship - Fingers crossed that Seibert doesn't get "das boot". Perhaps give up RB Moss for Gano?
D - ARI & MIN - I'm OK with this duo.
I admittedly do like the Kelce, Andrews, Pitts combo even though it came at the expense of RB $$$. I went the other way with it. Also your RB depth is great so far.

In the contest, there was always this page that showed all of my players' weekly scores over the course of the whole season - does that page still exist?
Nope, that's gone. Now you just see 1 week at a time. If you want to see your team's previous weeks, simply change the number at the end of the web address

Always was a bummer to see out out out out out out over and over when you had a guy gone for the year on that page.
-QG

Off - topic

Not sure if any of you guys are located in south Florida, but my thoughs are with any of you who might be with this storm approaching. If you are in the path, stay alert and stay safe.
I'm in Jacksonville, and we should be ok up here. If it follows the latest predicted path, it's going to get pretty close, but it will have lost considerable strength by the time it gets here. The main worry for most folks in north Florida is the amount of rain and potential storm surge near bodies of water. Some are predicting up to 14 inches. Our utilities are underground here and we very seldom lose power, but I have a 22 kilowatt generator and a buried 500 gallon LP gas tank that should keep the AC running make things fairly normal for us if the power goes out.

I'm glad the Dolphins - Bengals game in in Cincinnati Thursday night rather than Miami. At least we should still be able to watch football. ;)

I enjoy playing around with the analyzer. This team would still be alive:

QB - Marcus Mariota - $5
RB - Dontrell Hilliard - $5
RB - Jeff Wilson - $3
WR - Curtis Samuel - $5
WR - Romeo Doubs - $5
WR - Zay Jones - $5
WR - Nelson Agholor - $3
TE - Tyler Conklin - $7
K - Younghoe Koo - $4
K - Graham Gano - $3
D - Atlanta Falcons - $3
Total - $48

Again Math isn't my strong suit, but I think I got this right - We had some ties this week at the tail end of the cutoff that pushed the total amount of cuts down just slightly and it affected the follow on cut to numbers, so now only the 2 non-Finals highest scoring teams get a chance to finish with a subscription:

Start 12254
10% Week 1 Cut to Number – 11029 11030
10% Week 2 cut to Number – 9927 9926
10% Week 3 cut to Number – 8935 8939
20% Week 4 cut to Number – 7148 NEW 7152
20% Week 5 cut to Number – 5719 NEW 5722
20% Week 6 cut to Number – 4576 NEW 4578
20% Week 7 cut to Number – 3661 NEW 3663
30% Week 8 cut to Number – 2563 NEW 2565
30% Week 9 cut to Number – 1795 NEW 1796
30% Week 10 cut to Number – 1257 NEW 1258
30% Week 11 cut to Number – 880 NEW 881
30% Week 12 cut to Number – 616 NEW 617
40% Week 13 cut to Number – 370 NEW 371
40% Week 14 cut to Number - 222 NEW 223 (this means the 2 highest scoring non-playoff teams still get a subscription this week*)

*Also note - not sure how many of the above entries remaining are STAFF entries as they are not identified like previous years entries so there could be more of the week 14 entries that don't make the final that could get a subscription on how well they scored that week.

@Contest Turk - that look right to you? Do you have a quick way to see how many of the remaining 8939 entries are STAFF entries?

Last edited:
Week 4 starts with 8939 teams and will cut down to 7152 (or maybe a few more). We kick off with Miami at Cincinnati:

QB - Tagovailoa (669), Burrow (296)
They started and still remain the 15th and 23rd most common QB's. Will Tua play tonight?

RB - Edmonds (2119), Mostert (758), Mixon (574), Perine (130), Evans (130), Gaskin (97)
It's easy to spot the line mover here. Only Pierce and Barkley are more common at RB.

WR - Chase (450), Waddle (390), Boyd (365), Higgins (318), Hill (312), Wilson (122)
Ja'Marr is currently most common, and on only 5% of teams.

TE - Hurst (591), Gesicki (87)
Didn't realize just how rare Gesicki was. He's basically with the scrubs (Trautman, Otton, Uzomah, etc.)

K - McPherson (927), Sanders (179)
Evan will move the line. Doesn't mean he's worth $6. He's neck and neck with $3 Zuerlein, and behind $3 Gano.

D - MIA (830), CIN (204)
Dolphins common and Bengals rare.

I am gonna say the cut line will still be zero after the game.

Every year, there is discussion on how many QB's to roster. It quickly narrows down to 2 or 3. Here is where we stand so far in 2022:

1 QB - 199/314 = 63.38%
A guaranteed zero at QB during a bye week is ludicrous. Rostering a single QB is insanity.

2 QB - 4387/5871 = 74.72%
If I trust each one individually, I like to take just 2. This year I went Cousins and Carr, and so far I'm happy I didn't take a third.

3 QB - 3518/4777 = 73.64%
The 2's and 3's obviously rule, as they cover nearly 90% of all teams. Typically that 3rd QB is a hopeful like Pickett this year.

4 QB - 693/1010 = 68.61%
Rostering 4 QB's seems like you're really not happy with your selections. QB's rarely miss games, so pick a few you like.

5+ QB - 165/309 = 53.40%
Once you select your 5th QB, you may as well consider yourself a gimmick team. You are fun to track though!

@TheWinz I don't do blunts, I'm old fashioned I just roll big ol fatties. Gonna need quite a few of those plus my Crown and 7 to get through the next few days maybe longer depending on how long Ian knocks my power out.

As far as the speck no I'm not blowing him a shotgun. Kiss the first fish of the day for Goodluck .

Week 4 starts with 8939 teams and will cut down to 7152 (or maybe a few more). We kick off with Miami at Cincinnati:

I am gonna say the cut line will still be zero after the game.
If you're right, I'll be sitting on the cut line. I'll take that.

I barely remember filling out my team and as I look at it, have no idea what I was thinking. Pretty sure it was a rather hastily thrown in entry. But, hey, I'm still alive after 3 weeks so I still have a dream!

Week 3 Statistical Trivia....

The two team sizes with the lowest overall survival rate through 3 weeks are 29 and 30, with survival rates of 61.25% and 68.99% respectively.
I bet the bye weeks dramatically alter that calculus.

/Still alive with my 29 ;)

exactly. All of these smaller rosters might be fine in these early weeks but once byes (and injuries) hit, us bigger roster folks will start to see the survival rates swing.
signed,
26 Player Guy

In the contest, there was always this page that showed all of my players' weekly scores over the course of the whole season - does that page still exist?
Nope, that's gone. Now you just see 1 week at a time. If you want to see your team's previous weeks, simply change the number at the end of the web address

That's unfortunate. Literally the same code that is producing those pages for past weeks could be used to build that overview page that was extremely handy.

I'll code it myself if you let me, FBG. Volunteer work!

Week 3 Statistical Trivia....

The two team sizes with the lowest overall survival rate through 3 weeks are 29 and 30, with survival rates of 61.25% and 68.99% respectively.
I bet the bye weeks dramatically alter that calculus.

/Still alive with my 29 ;)

exactly. All of these smaller rosters might be fine in these early weeks but once byes (and injuries) hit, us bigger roster folks will start to see the survival rates swing.
signed,
26 Player Guy
I fully agree, and I ususally try to end up with what I feel is the sweet spot (about 25-26 players). I had 28 players in 2019, but just 23 last year and this year. Sometimes it's difficult to get it to work out the way you want. There are also more small roster teams surviving early this year due to the lower cut line percentages in the early part of the season. There have already been a lot of injuries this year, but it's going to be hell when we get to the bye weeks.

I fully agree, and I ususally try to end up with what I feel is the sweet spot (about 25-26 players). I had 28 players in 2019, but just 23 last year and this year. Sometimes it's difficult to get it to work out the way you want. There are also more small roster teams surviving early this year due to the lower cut line percentages in the early part of the season. There have already been a lot of injuries this year, but it's going to be hell when we get to the bye weeks.
Another theory why smaller roster teams have been surviving at a decent clip is the lack of common low dollar players that have broken out. Sure, we can all name a few, but there aren't as many compared to previous years.

Another theory why smaller roster teams have been surviving at a decent clip is the lack of common low dollar players that have broken out. Sure, we can all name a few, but there aren't as many compared to previous years.
Yeah it seems like there are a lot of mid-tier players hitting but it would have been quite a feat to land on all of them given the pricing and bye weeks. And the top players are grinding along for the most part.

- Marcus Mariota has outscored Tom Brady every week so far
- ATL D was the least common D, but only $3. Their 58 remaining owners are happy, as they are D6.
- WR Chris Conley is above the 72.97% contest survival rate despite being demoted to the practice squad before the contest even closed
- K Joey Slye has yet to attempt a FG, even though WAS is 12th in scoring at 21 per game
- LV D are horrible in this contest. 2017 (32nd), 2018 (32nd), 2019 (29th), 2020 (32nd), 2021 (32nd). How are they doing so far in 2022? You guessed it - 32nd!

That's unfortunate. Literally the same code that is producing those pages for past weeks could be used to build that overview page that was extremely handy.

I'll code it myself if you let me, FBG. Volunteer work!
@Contest Turk

- Marcus Mariota has outscored Tom Brady every week so far
- ATL D was the least common D, but only $3. Their 58 remaining owners are happy, as they are D6.
- WR Chris Conley is above the 72.97% contest survival rate despite being demoted to the practice squad before the contest even closed
- K Joey Slye has yet to attempt a FG, even though WAS is 12th in scoring at 21 per game
- LV D are horrible in this contest. 2017 (32nd), 2018 (32nd), 2019 (29th), 2020 (32nd), 2021 (32nd). How are they doing so far in 2022? You guessed it - 32nd!

grrr….rubbing salt in the wound.
signed,
(Trying Not To Be A) Raiders Fan

ETA: they’re not just horrible in this contest. they’re pretty horrible as a real life D as well, so they have that going for them.

Riding Chase Edmunds tonight, but I don't like it. My only worse selection was Jerrick McKinnon. Okay, maybe Zamir White. (My running backs are awful.)

ETA: they’re not just horrible in this contest. they’re pretty horrible as a real life D as well, so they have that going for them.
Reminds me of a famous John McKay quote...
"Well, we didn't block, but we made up for it by not tackling."
Asked what he thought about his teams execution today he replied Im in favor of it. Thats my favorite. Though there is some doubt he actually said it but it sure sounds like something he would say.

Riding Chase Edmunds tonight, but I don't like it. My only worse selection was Jerrick McKinnon. Okay, maybe Zamir White. (My running backs are awful.)
I also rostered Chase. I'm still alive and he's still healthy, so that's a great thing. I realize he's in a full-blown RBBC with Mostert, but at least it's only the 2 of them. No one else is battling for touches, and Tua only has 4 carries. Let's hope he's used more in the passing game.

I forgot to look at my week 3 results.

I've clicked on everything I can see and only see week 4 results from Thursday night.

Where can I find the grid-by-week-scores? I want to see how I did Week 3.

I forgot to look at my week 3 results.

I've clicked on everything I can see and only see week 4 results from Thursday night.

Where can I find the grid-by-week-scores? I want to see how I did Week 3.
Sorry, but this year there is no single page that shows all your weekly scores. What you have to do is open up your current week score, then change the last digit in the web address to whatever week you want to look at. I hope this makes sense.

QB - Tagovailoa (669 - 4.50), Burrow (296 - 26.95)
RB - Edmonds (2119 - 9.00), Mostert (758 - 9.10), Mixon (574 - 15.40), Perine (130 - 0.00), Evans (130 - 0.00), Gaskin (97 - 0.00)
WR - Chase (450 - 12.10), Waddle (390 - 5.90), Boyd (365 - 7.85), Higgins (318 - 25.40), Hill (312 - 25.90), Wilson (122 - 0.00)
TE - Hurst (591 - 13.20), Gesicki (87 - 5.30)
K - McPherson (927 - 11.70), Sanders (179 - 10.80)
D - MIA (830 - 1.00), CIN (204 - 5.00)
Only 5790 teams scored points, so the cut line is still zero.

It is with great sadness, we saw the exit of Barko in Week 3. He placed in the Top 5 in Week 2 to elimination the following week.

Farewell Barko, we only knew thee a short while. :crying:

Meanwhile, we still have our Top 5 from Week 1 alive (109432, 100872, Smokenapancake, 109331, 107890) and four from Week 2 (Quiet Storm, Schoon, 111461, and 108992). Carry on. (y)

Austin Hooper, what a waste of $8.

Sure would be great if Rodrigo Blankenship would find work. Even better if it were as a PK on an NFL Team.

We have a Blankenship sighting! A quick Google search reveals that he and Sam Ficken tried out for the Jaguars yesterday. Not that they are necessarily looking to replace Riley Patterson, but rather upgrading from rookie James McCourt, who is on the Jaguars Practice Squad. Hey, one step at a time...

Surprised to see that apparently I never posted my squad anywhere, so here goes:

Statutory Ape:

Cousins/14, Carr/13, Ryan/10

Dillon/20, Hunt/19, Singletary/17, Pierce/10, Wilson/3

ARob/20, Sutton/19, GDavis/19, Boyd/11, Julio/9, JPalmer/6, SWatkins/4

Knox/14, Engram/9, Hooper/8

McManus/5, Hopkins/5, Blankenship/3

Ravens/4, Packers/4, 49'ers/4

Still alive. Good luck to all, moving forward!

Amon-Ra St. Brown has just been ruled out for week 4.
I have largely avoided the injury bug until now, and he has been highest scoring WR through 3 weeks. I hope I am able to survive to week 5.

I got the boot in week 4 last year. Hopefully I'm not about to repeat such an early exit.

There are 1850 Subscriber teams with St. Brown on their roster, and he has a survival rate of 88.90%.

Fingers crosssed.....

Amon-Ra St. Brown has just been ruled out for week 4.
I have largely avoided the injury bug until now, and he has been highest scoring WR through 3 weeks. I hope I am able to survive to week 5.

I got the boot in week 4 last year. Hopefully I'm not about to repeat such an early exit.

There are 1850 Subscriber teams with St. Brown on their roster, and he has a survival rate of 88.90%.

Fingers crosssed.....
Hoping my other WRs can overcome it and my RBs can provide some flex scores as they did last week. Also hoping that means extra targets for Hockenson, who I also have.

Austin Hooper, what a waste of $8.

Sure would be great if Rodrigo Blankenship would find work. Even better if it were as a PK on an NFL Team.

We have a Blankenship sighting! A quick Google search reveals that he and Sam Ficken tried out for the Jaguars yesterday. Not that they are necessarily looking to replace Riley Patterson, but rather upgrading from rookie James McCourt, who is on the Jaguars Practice Squad. Hey, one step at a time...
Yes one wide right step at a time...

Didn't want to have my fake $448 roster be my most current team, so here is one I just came up with. It's at least a legal roster.

QB - Kirk Cousins - MIN/7 - $14
QB - Derek Carr - LV/6 - $13
I still think Derek Carr is going to be the best QB value of the contest. And Cousins is going to be a close 2nd. I toyed with adding Pickett ($3), but then I thought, if I'm so confident in the Cousins/Carr duo, isn't adding an insurance policy like betting against myself?

RB - Saquon Barkley - NYG/9 - $26
RB - Chase Edmonds - MIA/11 - $14

RB - Dameon Pierce - HOU/6 - $10
RB - Zamir White - LV/6 - $6
RB - Jeff Wilson - SF/9 - $3
RB - Zack Moss - BUF/7 - $3
Not worried about the bye conflicts if they involve cheap players that may only have a few starts for me. Should only have to use 2 scores weekly, but assume Saquon will be used almost every week. I went cheap here after I calculated points per dollar for RB, WR, and TE.

WR - Courtland Sutton - DEN/9 - $19
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown - DET/6 - $17

WR - Christian Kirk - JAX/11 - $16
WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - KC/8 - $15
I went thin here, but based on their prices, they should finish WR22, WR27, WR32, and WR35. I see them all beating those finishes. Getting 2 usable scores shouldn't be tough, and anything else is gravy. Spent a little bit more here than at RB, but all the WR fat has been trimmed.

TE - Travis Kelce - KC/8 - $30
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/10 - $28
TE - Kyle Pitts - ATL/14 - $24

I liked the points per dollar value better at TE than RB or WR, so I went hog wild. FYI, in last year's contest, Andrews & Kelce both would've been top 6 WR's.

PK - Austin Seibert - DET/6 - $3
PK - Rodrigo Blankenship - IND/14 - $3
TD - Minnesota Vikings - MIN/7 - $3

TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/13 - $3
Could only afford to carry 2 of each, so I simply chose the ones I thought would finish higher than the other $3 options.
With no kicker, Amon-Ra out and a mediocre game from Edmonds, looks like you're going to need some major points from your TEs this week. I'll be pulling for you to score .1 less than me and hoping that's enough. :wink:

Week 4 Kicker woes (and fun facts). It seems like kickers are dropping like flies this year.

Kansas City - Harrison Butker downgraded to OUT, and PK Matthew Wright was signed from the practice squad.
Detroit - Austin Seibert ruled out for week 4 and PK Dominik Eberle was signed from the practice squad,
Chicago - Cairo Santos did not practice Friday, is doubtful, and did not travel with the team. Plus Michael Badgley was called up from the practice squad.
Rodgrigo Blankenship is still off the grid.

Of the 4240 teams still alive who have Blankenship, 599 also have Seibert, 115 have Santos, 76 have Butker
Of the 599 that have Blankenship and Seibert, 69 are lucky to also have Legatron (Zuerlein) Zuerlein has delivered 4.50, 9.70, and 18.50 (funny how has points have doubled each week)
Of the 115 that have Blankenship and Santos, 21 are lucky to also have Zuerlein
Of the 76 that have Blankenship and Butker, only 1 also has Zuerlein.

I have Blankenship, but I also have Gano and Legatron. I need a big week from one of those two kickers - I'm also down Amon-Ra St Brown.

Good luck everyone, in week 4 !

Users who are viewing this thread