What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

I posted this in the Adams thread but this angle of Adams walking off into the tunnel changes my perspective on this shove a little bit.
I can clearly see that Adams was not seeking this guy out in any way or trying to find a defenseless civilian to be angry with
It looks like the crew member comes awfully close to hitting Adams 1st

Just saying...and I was hard on Adams when I first saw the shove but this angle looks a little different in the moment.
The dude walked right in front of him. It looks bad because of the loss and him throwing his helmet down etc. If we won and Adams was happy- it would still have happened. The little cry baby has filed a police report.

Seriously?
Adams definitely pushed that guy but it also looks like that guy was not paying attention at all and whatever it was on the tripod he was carrying either hit, or came very close to hitting Adams in the face.

I posted this in the Adams thread but this angle of Adams walking off into the tunnel changes my perspective on this shove a little bit.
I can clearly see that Adams was not seeking this guy out in any way or trying to find a defenseless civilian to be angry with

Just saying...and I was hard on Adams when I first saw the shove but this angle looks a little different in the moment.
The dude walked right in front of him. It looks bad because of the loss and him throwing his helmet down etc. If we won and Adams was happy- it would still have happened. The little cry baby has filed a police report.

Seriously?
Adams definitely pushed that guy but it also looks like that guy was not paying attention at all and whatever it was on the tripod he was carrying either hit, or came very close to hitting Adams in the face.
it is his responsibility to pay attention by the tunnel. Often they have security that keeps people from crossing over in front of the tunnel like that. I guess KC can't afford the extra couple of people to do that.

raiders are good enough to be within one score with any team in the league, but not good enough to win.

if they can be within one score in every game they play. it is possible a good chunk of games could flip their way
That's been the story during the Derek Carr era, and it ain't on him. The Raiders defense has been putrid for years, particularly in close games.
I wouldn't say that at all. most seasons with carr the team wasn't competitive against the better teams like KC. the defense won the game when they got the stop and chiefs missed the field goal. what can you do when the refs throw a BS flag to extend the chiefs drive? chiefs with mahomes are hard enough to stop without the refs helping them.

it was similar to the phantom call in the endzone that led to AZ getting a touch down they weren't going to get without the flag.

we can say it's just bad referring all around, we can say it's a "conspiracy" because al sued the league and won. either way the raiders have been screwed bad enough to change the outcome of both the kc and az games.

team gave waller the extension that jacobs is earning

can't say I have any complaints about carr. maybe he could have used his legs a little more, maybe. offense scored over 24 points and that's usually a guaranteed W since carr's been the starter.

defense did enough to win and got screwed over anyway.

that 3rd string TE can catch without being wide open. if only he had waller's athleticism

Also, before the Adams play on 3rd and 1.... Renfrow's catch.... it looks like he was hearing ghost footsteps because I don't know why he went to the ground. It wasn't the throw and it didn't look like he slipped. If he stayed on his feet, he could have ran the corner to get the first and go out of bounds to stop the clock.

Raiders Roster moves today. WR Albert Wilson was signed to the active roster and WR Tyron Johnson was signed to the practice squad.

Seriously?
Somebody got in his ear and told him he just won a lottery ticket. Press charges and settle out of court, pretty common game when celebs with money are involved .

This season is not over. Following the bye comes FIVE winnable matchups in a row. One at a time, but get them all or even four of them, and you are rolling into the stretch where the matchups become significantly tougher, but would determine 2022 AFC playoff berths.

when you get a better look at it.....I compare what Adams did to someone jumping out in front of you trying to scare you or something....and you react...dude wasn't paying attention to where he was going and came out of nowhere very quickly and kind of cut Adams off and got into his bubble/personal space....I could easily see how the reaction was to put your arms up and shove whatever it is away....to me part of the problem was he didn't realize kind of what was happening (probably because he was angry) and he didn't immediately reach down and help the guy up once he realized what he did....if he helps him up, the optics would have looked a lot better then just walking away....it might have taken a little of the steam off of it and it goes away quickly....."sorry dude, you kind of startled me, my bad"....and help him up...good thing is if he gets suspended for a game....its against HOU....

when you get a better look at it.....I compare what Adams did to someone jumping out in front of you trying to scare you or something....and you react...dude wasn't paying attention to where he was going and came out of nowhere very quickly and kind of cut Adams off and got into his bubble/personal space....I could easily see how the reaction was to put your arms up and shove whatever it is away....to me part of the problem was he didn't realize kind of what was happening (probably because he was angry) and he didn't immediately reach down and help the guy up once he realized what he did....if he helps him up, the optics would have looked a lot better then just walking away....it might have taken a little of the steam off of it and it goes away quickly....."sorry dude, you kind of startled me, my bad"....and help him up...good thing is if he gets suspended for a game....its against HOU....
The Raiders went to the playoffs without Adams , but i hope Waller is ok by then.

From Peter King this morning. 😂

The injuries are preliminarily thought to be non-life threatening.

–Kansas City police report on the incident after last Monday’s game, when Raiders wide receiver Davante Adams shoved photographer Ryan Zebley to the ground.

Might be the funniest line in police report history.

Good lord. I’m glad he’s okay, but does he even have a black-and-blue mark anywhere?

Hobbs placed on IR with a broken hand. That sucks.
Christ! What else? Every year it’s something with this cursed organization. That’s all their week one starting CBs out now. Who’s left? Amik, that’s it. The NFL has become a war of attrition more than anything anymore. If you don’t have luck on your side with the injury bug, you better have depth at every level.

Hobbs placed on IR with a broken hand. That sucks.
Christ! What else? Every year it’s something with this cursed organization. That’s all their week one starting CBs out now. Who’s left? Amik, that’s it. The NFL has become a war of attrition more than anything anymore. If you don’t have luck on your side with the injury bug, you better have depth at every level.
The only positive is that at least Amik is playing better now than in the past.

The offense from McDaniels has been baffling to me. He has gone away from what he did in New England
He has tried to force feed Adams and run Jacobs. He has a lot of weapons on this offense and is ignoring them or not scheming
them into it very well.

Waller and Renfrow have been invisible.

Seemed many times the passing offense is let's just chuck it to Adams downfield and hope he catches it or gets a PI call

The offense from McDaniels has been baffling to me. He has gone away from what he did in New England
He has tried to force feed Adams and run Jacobs. He has a lot of weapons on this offense and is ignoring them or not scheming
them into it very well.

Waller and Renfrow have been invisible.

Seemed many times the passing offense is let's just chuck it to Adams downfield and hope he catches it or gets a PI call
I`m optimistic that the coaching staff took a long hard look at what they have and what they are doing right and wrong during the bye week , and made some adjustments

Seeing reports that both Abram and Clelin are being shopped. Wonder if true or not.
Saw too.
Cle has been rumored to be on the trading block for..... ever. I mean, I think from year 2 on.
Abram seemed to me to be playing better but the PFF rating was basically average.

It seems the new regime really has no interest in the past regimes guys. Almost to a fault. I mean, if we don't extend Jacobs, that is a mistake and there has not been a peep of anything about that yet.

I feel like cle will do well if added to a strong defense. we saw arden key have success in frisco after all.
Cle is a staunch run defender and can put pressure on QB's if not get the sacks. I remember looking at his pressure stats being very high when he was starting. I never could figure that out.... how he could get consistent pressure but not seem to get home. I may have missed it but I still haven't seen him being kicked inside. He has a big frame and in passing downs could add some pash rush from the inside and still hold up if they ended up running.... it seems the last couple of years we have been teased with them doing this and then it doesn't actually happen in games.

I would be completely fine with waller getting traded. I feel there is more need in other areas than receiver and the offense will benefit more from a better blocking TE.

there seems to be a few different options the team can bring in at WR too. possiby agholor comes back

2018 27.3 2019 26.7 2020 41.9 2021 32.6 2022 110.8

those are JC Jackson's QB rating allowed. Glad we dodged that $82 million dollar bullet. He looks like he is shaping up to be an epic FA bust.

A lot of those times it's not the player - it's the scheme / coaching. JC Jackson didn't forget to play football in 6 months.

And Staley has been a disaster as a coach. His one and only season as a DC was good with the Rams - that's a tiny sample size with a loaded roster. And his defenses in LAC have been bottom-5 with a lot of talent there.

I don't think its Jackson, I think its Staley.

Personally I am not cautiously optimistic. I need to see it on the field before I go down that path again. Houston is exactly the kind of game this franchise has inexplicably lost over the years. Win this one, convincingly, and maybe we can consider revisiting the topic.

Personally I am not cautiously optimistic. I need to see it on the field before I go down that path again. Houston is exactly the kind of game this franchise has inexplicably lost over the years. Win this one, convincingly, and maybe we can consider revisiting the topic.
I predict LV wins this one handily. Won't mean a thing though, in and of itself.

Me and you both, brother.

fool me once, shame on you.
fool me twice, shame on me.
fool me 100 times over 20 years, shame on every raiders fan in the world.

And Staley has been a disaster as a coach. His one and only season as a DC was good with the Rams - that's a tiny sample size with a loaded roster. And his defenses in LAC have been bottom-5 with a lot of talent there.

He has completed a single season with a defensive roster of mostly inherited players. That 2021 defensive performance was very disappointing, but it is pretty early to judge the 2022 defense, especially with Bosa's injury. If 2022 ends like 2021, then I'll agree with your post here, but it sure looked like the 2022 defense was much better than the 2021 defense in weeks 1 and 2. Jury is out IMO.

Of course, if you just want to bash Staley and the Chargers without regard to 2022 performance since you are a Raiders fan, I get that.

I predict LV wins this one handily. Won't mean a thing though, in and of itself.
For fantasy purposes, Carlson and Jacobs should do great. What about the defense versus the lowest scoring team in the league?

The Raiders have activated CB Anthony Averett and WR DJ Turner from the Reserve/Injured list.

They have activated CB Javelin Guidry from the practice squad and released WR Albert Wilson and WR Tyron Johnson from the practice squad.

For fantasy purposes, Carlson and Jacobs should do great. What about the defense versus the lowest scoring team in the league?

Raiders D has been inconsistent at best this season, and they just lost their best CB and 2nd best defender. Rush D isn't terrible, so maybe you can get away with a swing on them at home vs. Pierce & Co. Caveat emptor at minimum, though - Raiders D has the fourth lowest D score in my league this year, so you are talking weakness vs. weakness, seemingly.

This team was not one player away from contending, we all knew it in our hearts but allowed the splash acquisition of Davante to give us false hope.

As I said in the game thread, I've seen this movie before. Still hopeful for next year because that's where our focus should have been all along.

It's just time for all of us to recalibrate our expectations. The off season focus needs to be on defense 100%.

I didn’t feel like we won by that much. Was much tighter for most of the 1st 3 quarters than it should’ve been. But I’ll take the W.

~Get Maxx a playmate, preferably a big body in the middle of the line that offenses need to account for
~Get two o-linemen

Game wasn’t televised here, had to watch via Redzone and the defense looked very suspect as usual. Offense seemed to spitter in the 1st half but I have to give credit to 2nd half adjustments. I’ll have more opinions once I watch the replay. But seeing LA and and the Donkeys go down made my day as well.

Users who are viewing this thread