What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (4 Viewers)

Surprised but happy about the Donkey's looking so poor. Big matchup for us. If we win, it could be just what the team needs to make a solid run.

Justin Herron - ACL

It was fun while it lasted.

Apparently they're signing Albert Wilson too for some reason.
Raiders have waived WR Tyron Johnson.
Not a fan of this. Albert Wilson is a guy who has not got a lot of respect but always seems to produce when given a chance... but I love Tyron Johnson's upside with that elite speed. He has been given 4 offensive snaps. I would have liked him to get more if nothing more to run some go or post routes and blow the top off the defense.

Interesting thing is Keelan Cole has got 32% of snaps. The guy they released and brought back.

CB Rock Ya-Sin, LB Denzel Perryman upgraded to full, putting them in line to return this week for Raiders.

The Raiders are planning to sign to LB Blake Martinez to the active roster, source said, and he'll play this weekend.

I know scheme and all that yadda, yadda, yadda B.S. but every time I set my defense lineup in magic football (Eagles), I think about 32 year old Chandler Jones ($3 years, $32 mil guaranteed) and then think about 28 year old Haason Reddick (3 years, $30 mil guaranteed) it makes me :cry:

Then I think about James Bradbury (1 year $7.25 mil) and think WTF. Mind you I am shockingly content with the Raiders secondary but still...

This could be a 49-21 game or a a 27-24 game. Alll depends on what Raiders team decides to show up. A relatively healthy Chiefs squad vs a beat up Raiders D doesn’t bode well, even the most positive Raiders fan knows this might take an act of God for a win. NFL loves to make fools of the Raider Nation on National TV. Let’s see what they can do in Prime Time

9 years in The League DC has earned that call
Still a terrible call. But the Carr intentional grounding call in the 3rd was also terrible. Now that's a call Carr has earned and he didn't get it.

Outside the tackle box, ball made it to the LoS. WTF?

raiders are good enough to be within one score with any team in the league, but not good enough to win.

if they can be within one score in every game they play. it is possible a good chunk of games could flip their way

raiders are good enough to be within one score with any team in the league, but not good enough to win.

if they can be within one score in every game they play. it is possible a good chunk of games could flip their way
It’s not happening this season and that is ok and expected. The D needs some talent and the Raiders need another WR. Waller should have been traded when he had value. The injuries are piling up now.

The good thing is that the division is theirs for the taking next season. KC is not as good as they were in recent years and will continue to get worse.

My thoughts after five games:

1-4 sucks, but they could have won every game and I still don't think the season is lost. Next six games no opponent is better than 2-2-1.
The offensive line is not one of the better ones in the league, but also has not been the disaster they were made out to be.
Jacobs is really good.
I'm very surprised Adams has not been used more in the short to intermediate passing game.
Chandler Jones was not good weeks 1-4, but last night he showed up and hopefully he keeps that going.
I expected more from Graham's defensive scheme.

I posted this in the Adams thread but this angle of Adams walking off into the tunnel changes my perspective on this shove a little bit.
I can clearly see that Adams was not seeking this guy out in any way or trying to find a defenseless civilian to be angry with
It looks like the crew member comes awfully close to hitting Adams 1st

Just saying...and I was hard on Adams when I first saw the shove but this angle looks a little different in the moment.

I posted this in the Adams thread but this angle of Adams walking off into the tunnel changes my perspective on this shove a little bit.
I can clearly see that Adams was not seeking this guy out in any way or trying to find a defenseless civilian to be angry with

Just saying...and I was hard on Adams when I first saw the shove but this angle looks a little different in the moment.
ya that angle is way more telling, it gives you an idea how fast that guy came out of nowhere and Adams looked like he was just reacting , the crowd didnt even flinch as it happened

So many thoughts. So much frustration.

• If you want to be further confused, frustrated on the defensive holding call on the missed FG. Search out the image on the Twitterverse which shows Koonce having his right arm down by his side. Oh, and for added salt to the wound, the last time this was called like a billion years ago, also against the Raiders.
  • The chop block penalty on the first drive was equally confusing. The defender was not engaged at the time.
  • The Raiders absolutely got away with a hold on Chris Jones on the final drive. No argument there.
  • Agree with the previously comments on the non-hold call on Maxx on Kelce's 2nd or 3rd TD. Of course they never showed the angle again during any of the replays.
  • I cannot understand why they continue to throw to Bolden and the FB, and the 3rd TE on the team. Although, Bolden did have 2 very good plays last night to help the O.
  • Waller. Ugh. Want to be in his corner, but this is year has been depressing. Lack of output, and now injuries.
  • Was it just me, or was Renfrow not in the game much?
  • Love Hobbs, but his play dropped off when he returned to the game after his thumb injury and was playing with the club. (No blame here, I have no concept to how much that would impact his ability or what amount of pain he was in)
  • Thought McDaniels did a great job of adjusting the play calling and formations once Waller was out.
  • Crosby had a game. That guy is amazing.
  • Nice to see Jones show up.
  • Looked like Graham had a very good plan to take away Kelce everywhere other than the redzone. Crosby was constantly chipping him or disrupting his get off.
  • I loved the call to be aggressive on the 3rd down on the final drive (catch overturned on review)... did NOT like it on the 4th down immediately following. Get the yard, and first down. And rush the next play. They should have had both calls ready and loaded while the league was reviewing the catch/no-catch.
Things are looking up though - we won't be frustrated next weekend! Enjoy the bye week!

That's been the story during the Derek Carr era, and it ain't on him. The Raiders defense has been putrid for years, particularly in close games.

That was soooooo close and I was sooooo hopeful that we’d pull it off. but alas….life of a raiders fan. :(

That was soooooo close and I was sooooo hopeful that we’d pull it off. but alas….life of a raiders fan. :(
Keep your chin up. This team is headed in the right direction for the first time in years. Nobody is beating Buffalo this season anyway. It’s best to only win a handful of games and draft early

If I'm not mistaken, all 4 losses Raiders have had the ball with 2 mins or less and chance to score and tie/win.
The resilience is there. I thought last night was gonna end 35-20 the way things were going mid 3rd Q.
Just gotta execute when it's all on the line!

Keep your chin up. This team is headed in the right direction for the first time in years. Nobody is beating Buffalo this season anyway. It’s best to only win a handful of games and draft early
Worst than that is I went 1-4 this weekend in my 5 fantasy leagues. I’m calling a closed door meeting to straighten that crap out ;)

The dude walked right in front of him. It looks bad because of the loss and him throwing his helmet down etc. If we won and Adams was happy- it would still have happened. The little cry baby has filed a police report.

Seriously?

- EXTEND Jacobs NOW. Not now, RIGHT NOW.
- Maxx is held pretty much every single damn play. When he isn't held, it is almost always a pressure or sack.
- Sending both Moehrig and Abram on blitzes is dangerous but Graham did call it twice and both were effective.
- What the bleeping hell is Cle doing split out? I mean, they must have said, your job is to knock Kelce off the line but dang, when Kelce splits out wide you basically take Cle out of the play at that point. Better to keep him on the line and pass rush.
- I don't get the going for 2. Go up by 1 or tie it up. Tie it up at that point. If it was 45 seconds left versus 4:45, ok... fine, chances are Jacobs will push it in. That much time, it really doesn't help us. Either our D holds them or it doesn't.
- The Jones call was the right call but the wrong call.... right in as the rule sits now, the ref is suppose to call it. Bad in that I get giving QB's protection and you KNOW they are being extra on that right now because of Tua but that and the Atlanta calls were not done with any undue attempts to injure. If you can't throw a guy down and you can't land on a guy... how do you bring a grown man down?
- It was odd to be a Raider fan and get that call go our way, almost like an out of fan experience... but then there were plenty of make up calls to make up for it or non calls on Maxx that made me feel like a Raider fan again.
- We had several bad calls against us (we are use to it) but the Chefs did too. One helped us keep the ball and the other saved a sack from a blatant hold (you know, the kind that Maxx had all game long)
- How many times out of a 100 does Adams catch that ball clean for a completion to put us in FG position for Carlson to win the game for us? 99?
- I will say it again.... Carlson, I am soooooo very sorry for wanting to get rid of you after your first year with us. Please forgive me of my ignorance and stupidity.
- Hey, did you guys know we have a guy with the last name Jones on the team? I had to look him up because I hadn't seen him at all the previous game and he actually played well early (and then faded as the game went on)
- That long bomb to Adams placing it perfectly over his shoulder made me feel all the feels.
- Encouraging because all 4 lost games could have easily been wins as they were losses. We lost to a mostly healthy Dolt team, we should have won against the Cards, a tough Titan team, and then a good Chef team. All of those were close. Really close.
- Depressing because we lost those 4 games. Can we just get the breaks to go our way please?

Users who are viewing this thread