What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Going to Vegas on Sunday for a conference. Booked an early flight as I’ll have 2 other friends I just found out are going to the game vs Colts. Was so looking forward to a scalping a ticket and going. New stadium, I have J Taylor, what’s not to like? Well, 2 horrible teams. Colts especially are a dumpster fire but Raiders suck too. Don’t even know if I’ll go now.

Going to Vegas on Sunday for a conference. Booked an early flight as I’ll have 2 other friends I just found out are going to the game vs Colts. Was so looking forward to a scalping a ticket and going. New stadium, I have J Taylor, what’s not to like? Well, 2 horrible teams. Colts especially are a dumpster fire but Raiders suck too. Don’t even know if I’ll go now.

Think of it this way. Depending on the outcome of the game you may get to see the last game in the storied NFL head coaching career of Josh McDaniels.

I would say this about Carr... first, he has never had a decent defense. The best defense he has ever had was 20th in points (12-6 record that year) with the rest mid 20's and higher. Last year was one of the best defenses he has had in his whole career and they were 26th in points allowed.

Not only that but he has also never had a complete offense. Every year it has either been missing a true #1 WR, having a real RB or even TE or having a suspect line.

The thing I am dismayed at is the coaching. I did not want McDaniels but my fear was about his leadership ability based on the past and seeming to me to be like Kiffin clone jerk off. I am worried about his leadership ability again because of the record but the one thing that I had no concern about this year was that our X's and O's would be on point this year on both defense and offense. Offense seems to mostly be able to come out and do well (except against NO) and then sputters. Even with the issues on the line and then missing of some parts- we have enough firepower on offense that most NFL defenses should struggle against us, not us struggling to against them for entire halves of football. It seems like we can't adjust. It seems they do a great job at putting a gameplan together and then it works but when the other team makes changes. we are screwed. That is just not what I would expect from McDaniels whom I did respect as being one of the leagues offensive gurus.

I am dumbfounded by Graham whom I was excited about. Now, he did get saddled with a veteran free agent bust of a singing with Jones but even with that, it seems like the defenses are over matched every single game. Maxx is the only defender consistently doing anything. It is like when we had Mack. No matter how great one player is, if you don't have talent around him or don't put the players around him in the position to make a play... it is useless. Losing Hobbs, the only other player consistently making an impact, was a death blow to this defense.

Will Anderson seems to be the consensus top talent for next years draft. I would be happy them going after him to pair with Maxx and then swing back with the top OT option in the 2nd (or go out and sign someone) than take a swing at a rookie QB. But if Stroud or Young seem like the next Allen or Mahomes.... ok, let's go.... but if you take that swing and miss, we are screwed for years to come and in the meantime likely alienate our star WR by doing it. That is a big move to make when there are plenty of teams that would love to have Carr. To me, get the defense a playmaking edge rusher opposite of Maxx and see the defense make huge strides and go and shore up the line with stability and see this offense go off.... assuming McDaniels and Graham aren't the problems.

Carr has been pretty awful 6 of the last 8 quarters. It’s not all his fault. But he has been playing badly. Coaching isn’t helping.

Carr has been pretty awful 6 of the last 8 quarters. It’s not all his fault. But he has been playing badly. Coaching isn’t helping.
I suspect it is an injury issue nagging at him which came up in reports last week but if it was then why be on with some Q's and then off on others. I dunno.

its kind of weird....you have arguably the best WR in the game....a top 3 TE when he plays....a RB who you could say has been ballin like the best RB the most all year...and a decent QB....and as a KC fan I will admit I was a little worried about the Max and Jones combo....something just isn't clicking...its kind of weird....its like "on paper" you guys should be way better....but once the ball gets kicked off....raiders gonna raider....

I would say this about Carr... first, he has never had a decent defense. The best defense he has ever had was 20th in points (12-6 record that year) with the rest mid 20's and higher. Last year was one of the best defenses he has had in his whole career and they were 26th in points allowed.

Not only that but he has also never had a complete offense. Every year it has either been missing a true #1 WR, having a real RB or even TE or having a suspect line.

The thing I am dismayed at is the coaching. I did not want McDaniels but my fear was about his leadership ability based on the past and seeming to me to be like Kiffin clone jerk off. I am worried about his leadership ability again because of the record but the one thing that I had no concern about this year was that our X's and O's would be on point this year on both defense and offense. Offense seems to mostly be able to come out and do well (except against NO) and then sputters. Even with the issues on the line and then missing of some parts- we have enough firepower on offense that most NFL defenses should struggle against us, not us struggling to against them for entire halves of football. It seems like we can't adjust. It seems they do a great job at putting a gameplan together and then it works but when the other team makes changes. we are screwed. That is just not what I would expect from McDaniels whom I did respect as being one of the leagues offensive gurus.

I am dumbfounded by Graham whom I was excited about. Now, he did get saddled with a veteran free agent bust of a singing with Jones but even with that, it seems like the defenses are over matched every single game. Maxx is the only defender consistently doing anything. It is like when we had Mack. No matter how great one player is, if you don't have talent around him or don't put the players around him in the position to make a play... it is useless. Losing Hobbs, the only other player consistently making an impact, was a death blow to this defense.

Will Anderson seems to be the consensus top talent for next years draft. I would be happy them going after him to pair with Maxx and then swing back with the top OT option in the 2nd (or go out and sign someone) than take a swing at a rookie QB. But if Stroud or Young seem like the next Allen or Mahomes.... ok, let's go.... but if you take that swing and miss, we are screwed for years to come and in the meantime likely alienate our star WR by doing it. That is a big move to make when there are plenty of teams that would love to have Carr. To me, get the defense a playmaking edge rusher opposite of Maxx and see the defense make huge strides and go and shore up the line with stability and see this offense go off.... assuming McDaniels and Graham aren't the problems.
Happened here also, McDaniels was not good at making adjustments when teams changed things up during the game.
When Brady was here, it's now obvious Brady was making the adjustments during the game.
After Brady departed, the adjustments during the game were awful or non existent.

So it was obvious that Brady was running the offense when he was here and making the adjustments himself during the game.

To add: The play calling was different and not anywhere near as good after Brady left.
McDaniels looked good all those years due to Brady more or less running the offense, not McDaniels
He is calling plays and running the offense very similar to after Brady leaving, no or poor adjustments during the game

I suspect it is an injury issue nagging at him which came up in reports last week but if it was then why be on with some Q's and then off on others. I dunno.
who knows. I wouldn’t think he would hide an injury from the NFL. Plays terribly in NO. Plays pretty well in today's first half. Awful in the 2nd half

Derek Carr Acknowledged that the Raiders Have Problems in the Building: “There’s a Lot I Want to Say”

Derek Carr talked to members of the media after Sunday’s game and, uncharacteristically, he came incredibly close to letting loose with his feelings.

“I think there’s a lot I want to say, but if I’m honest I don’t need to say it here,” Carr said as he paused several times to think through what he wanted to say.

“There are things that will be said that need to be addressed and all those things, but I think as a whole the urgency part of it that after 30 minutes of football we have to learn that the game is not over,” Carr continued. “I feel like I’ve been in this situation a lot where [we have] new coaches, or this or that, you have to teach the new guys ‘this is how we do it’… and that gets tiring, but at the same time it’s my job. I’ll say that for right now, but there’s things in house that we’ll talk about man to man…”

Coincidentally, the team’s live stream of the press conference went down at the end of Carr’s comments…

Derek Carr Acknowledged that the Raiders Have Problems in the Building: “There’s a Lot I Want to Say”

Derek Carr talked to members of the media after Sunday’s game and, uncharacteristically, he came incredibly close to letting loose with his feelings.

“I think there’s a lot I want to say, but if I’m honest I don’t need to say it here,” Carr said as he paused several times to think through what he wanted to say.

“There are things that will be said that need to be addressed and all those things, but I think as a whole the urgency part of it that after 30 minutes of football we have to learn that the game is not over,” Carr continued. “I feel like I’ve been in this situation a lot where [we have] new coaches, or this or that, you have to teach the new guys ‘this is how we do it’… and that gets tiring, but at the same time it’s my job. I’ll say that for right now, but there’s things in house that we’ll talk about man to man…”

Coincidentally, the team’s live stream of the press conference went down at the end of Carr’s comments…
I’ve seen lots of Derek Carr post game press conferences and that one was different than previous ones. He looked more angry, distressed, upset, fed up all rolled into one than at any other time in his career. Even more distressed than his more notable pressers dealing with the Ruggs tragedy and Gruden getting fired last year.
Something is very wrong in the building.

I’ve seen lots of Derek Carr post game press conferences and that one was different than previous ones. He looked more angry, distressed, upset, fed up all rolled into one than at any other time in his career. Even more distressed than his more notable pressers dealing with the Ruggs tragedy and Gruden getting fired last year.
Even Adams is speaking up , i see a serious shake up looming . When a coach loses the locker room it never ends well for him

Even Adams is speaking up , i see a serious shake up looming . When a coach loses the locker room it never ends well for him
Agreed. Gruden haters won’t like this but despite all the stupid rumors in the media Carr and Gruden had a very good relationship, I believe they were neighbors as well. Gruden may have his warts and issues drafting talent, but one thing he and his coaches did was build a culture in the locker room. A strong locker room that was able to carry on with Coach B and make the playoffs. It looks like McDaniels has torn all that apart. I don’t know why or how, but if I had to guess, I don’t think Carr and other players like the guy period.
If the season keeps heading in this downward spiral, Davis will have a huge decision next season.
Trust McDaniels/Ziegler and ride with them and jettison Carr/Adams and start over.
Or fire McDaniels and keep the Carr/Adams duo.

That does not sound like a guy that has bought in to the way this coaching staff wants to do things. It's just one comment. but I'm not sure a guy with no career playoff wins should be speaking like that in regards to a new coaching staff.

I haven't seen the post game presser so i could be interpreting his comments wrong.

Last edited:
That does not sound like a guy that has bought in to the way this coaching staff wants to do things. It's just one comment. but I'm not sure a guy with no career playoff wins should be speaking like that in regards to a new coaching staff.

I haven't seen the post game presser so i could be interpreting his comments wrong.
I saw some brief video of Carr and McDaniels arguing on the bench, which I know is very common in the NFL. But it’s out of character for Carr. You can see him shaking his head, rolling his eyes and making hand gestures toward McDaniels like he was waving him off in like an “I’ve had enough of you” demeanor.
Carr would stand his ground with Gruden, but he always seemed respectful towards him. I don’t see that at all between him and McDaniels.

Carr seems like a really good dude and I admire him not jumping on twitter or throwing his teammates under the bus to the media. But sometimes things do need to be called out in public if you have discussed it in private and nothing is changing. Brady and Rodgers do it all the time. Granted, not effective so far this year, but it has seemed to help in the past.

Yea, it seems the like the smoke is all over the place and the fire may be that McDaniels has lost this locker room. I thought I didn't see any of the issues I was worried about with hiring him and figured I was wrong.... but maybe I wasn't.

It is hard not to point to this coaching staff being the core problem.

Agreed. Gruden haters won’t like this but despite all the stupid rumors in the media Carr and Gruden had a very good relationship, I believe they were neighbors as well. Gruden may have his warts and issues drafting talent, but one thing he and his coaches did was build a culture in the locker room. A strong locker room that was able to carry on with Coach B and make the playoffs. It looks like McDaniels has torn all that apart. I don’t know why or how, but if I had to guess, I don’t think Carr and other players like the guy period.
If the season keeps heading in this downward spiral, Davis will have a huge decision next season.
Trust McDaniels/Ziegler and ride with them and jettison Carr/Adams and start over.
Gruden was a great OC but I don’t miss his draft picks and personnel moves. Just because McDaniels isn’t working does not mean Gruden is good. The lack of talent on this team is due to Gruden and that’s a large part of the Raider problem.

20-0 lead to Cards = loss
17-0 lead to Chiefs = loss
17-0 lead to Jags = loss
Ties an NFL record not in the Super Bowl era, but in NFL history!
Throw in an ugly shut out against a 2-5 team, changes need to happen, big changes. That’s coaching… McDaniels should be fired.
The Raiders have obviously had some bad seasons the past 20 years, but there’s some serious unpleasant and unprecedented stuff going on this season.

I'm completely lost on the state of this team. On the field, specifically on offense, it's impossible to know which team will come out onto the field from drive to drive. One drive, they look great, the next they look like they've never played together before. On D, I'm just hopeful the team can catch a break with a penalty against the other team or a bad play by the other team, in hopes they get off the field.

In years past, when the teams has sucked I've tried to focus in on the young talent and watch them more closely through the remainder of the season. Not even sure we have that this year.

The play calling has been garbage, the execution hasn't covered it up.

Can you imagine what this D would look like without Crosby and Hobbs this season?

At first I thought it was a team struggling with a new playbook and regime. Then I jumped to the idea that the players on the roster didn't match up with what McDaniels/Graham want to do. Now I'm just sad.

Gruden was a great OC but I don’t miss his draft picks and personnel moves. Just because McDaniels isn’t working does not mean Gruden is good. The lack of talent on this team is due to Gruden and that’s a large part of the Raider problem.
No, I agree 100%, the point was, no matter how bad Gruden was at his job at times, the relationship between him and Carr was much healthier than Carr and McDaniels.

No, I agree 100%, the point was, no matter how bad Gruden was at his job at times, the relationship between him and Carr was much healthier than Carr and McDaniels.
Agree 100%

What was the over/under in Vegas to start the year, 7? None of this should be a surprise. Last year was an aberration. There was a ton of luck involved.

I'm over carr. I’ve supported him, sometimes begrudgingly, but it’s time to move on. Great guy, bla bla bla. if I own the team, I’m giving mcZ a shot to change things. They know what they have in carr. Kirk cousins lite. McZ is an unknown, but is fresh and holds promise.

aawtfdik

I don't see anything to show that McDs hasn't lost the locker room. A vocal Carr and Adams lends me to believe it might actually be the case. Has a new HC ever lost a locker room that quickly? Hell even Urban Meyers made it 13 games!

Gruden was a terrible coach. Please. Let it go. He was innovative 25 years ago. His stupid manic personality is also about 20 years obsolete. He’s a dinosaur. His departure was a great thing for the raiders. Is mcZ the answer? Who knows. But it certa8nly wasn’t Gruden and mayock.

Gruden was a terrible coach. Please. Let it go. He was innovative 25 years ago. His stupid manic personality is also about 20 years obsolete. He’s a dinosaur. His departure was a great thing for the raiders. Is mcZ the answer? Who knows. But it certa8nly wasn’t Gruden and mayock.
The long road ahead looks longer these days. If McD isn’t the answer, move on. In the meantime, the Raiders must start the rebuilding process. Out with the old and in with the new. Carr and Adams are here for two more years at most. That is actually pretty good timing to have pieces in place in time to turn the keys over to a new QB. Let’s not act like replacing Carr will be easy though. It’s going to be rough.

Last edited:
The long road ahead looks longer these days. If McD isn’t the answer, move on. In the meantime, the Raiders must start the rebuilding process. Out with the old and in with the new. Carr and Adams are here for two more years at most. That is actually pretty good timing to have pieces in place in time to turn the keys over to a new QB. Let’s not act like replacing Carr will be easy though. It’s going to be rough.

That's where my concern lies. IMO, Carr helps us far more than he hurts us. Without a stable coaching staff, and a solid core of players to support a rookie QB (including a strong D) we'd just be entering the next phase of finding the next Matt Leinart. This team is so far away from one player, or one change, making a considerable difference.

That's where my concern lies. IMO, Carr helps us far more than he hurts us. Without a stable coaching staff, and a solid core of players to support a rookie QB (including a strong D) we'd just be entering the next phase of finding the next Matt Leinart. This team is so far away from one player, or one change, making a considerable difference.
you can't get to 2nd, without taking your foot off 1st. we had these same discussions when gruden was hired. remember all the drama over gruden gushing over carr, but then being non committal? not sure if he was the answer? i bring it up because, as you said, MASSIVE changes need to be made. one guy, one change isn't going to matter. carr's not the answer. he's not the main problem either. but the team would be in a similar place with just about any qb in the league. they made a play this off season, to see if they could catch lightning in a bottle. they missed. time to nuke this disaster from orbit.

years ago, i said the only thing that fixes this team is a new ownership group. that's unlikely. so what do you do? i say they keep mcZ and see if those two can do anything,. maxx, adams and some of the younger players are the only ones that are untouchable. everyone else? see ya, if your departure can help the team. including carr

This will be a generational fix with entirely new ownership, until that happens this will be the product thats jammed down our throats for years and years to come, so either accept the taste or shop somewhere else for now. We Raiders fans have become tolerant of this sub level product hoping it changes every year , and it never does , just the faces change on the team but this starts at the top and can only be fixed at the top .

Whether the Raiders would be in the same position with a different QB than Carr very very debatable. The fact is Carr has been inaccurate in clutch time. In the Chiefs game he overthrew DA on the last drive that would have kept the drive alive. Yesterday on the last drive he overthrew AD twice. Granted some of these passes were literally inches from being complete, but as they say, this is a game of inches.

When anyone suggests the Raiders move on from Carr his defenders rush to make excuses for the team around him. Carr is now in his 9th year. When does he become culpable for his poor career record?

And to be fair, here is a great tweet from RaiderBeat
https://twitter.com/RaidersBeat
@RaidersBeat

Last year the #Raiders had enough leadership in the building to navigate a scandal, a HC resignation, an off-field tragedy, a top player facing decades in prison… This year they can’t find the leadership to handle a 17-point lead. What changed?

Both things can be true: Coach is inept and the team has to move on from Carr.

Carr is now in his 9th year. When does he become culpable for his poor career record?

He's culpable. Hard part is finding a better QB is very difficult without some years of toil at minimum. And that doesn't even speak to the latest salary cap mess that's been created with the likes of Jones, Waller and even perhaps Renfrow, and dare I say Adams, if he rebels over Carr's removal. This regime triple-downed their bets on the existing core roster, while adding two potentially giant albatross FA deals, and then immediately crapped the bed with said roster. Blowing it all up now won't come easy or quick. Looking at 2+ dweller years at minimum beyond 2022, and that might be best case.

It's hard for me to fathom how this team turned upside down so quickly this year. It's been a weird and sad journey with the two New England BFFs. Meanwhile, NE fans are salivating at the prospect of re-hiring McD as a 'consultant' so the Raiders have to pay him to coach them for the next three years.

Good times.

Whether the Raiders would be in the same position with a different QB than Carr very very debatable. The fact is Carr has been inaccurate in clutch time. In the Chiefs game he overthrew DA on the last drive that would have kept the drive alive. Yesterday on the last drive he overthrew AD twice. Granted some of these passes were literally inches from being complete, but as they say, this is a game of inches.

When anyone suggests the Raiders move on from Carr his defenders rush to make excuses for the team around him. Carr is now in his 9th year. When does he become culpable for his poor career record?
How many QB's win with consistently 25th or worst defenses on the other side? I will say that his level of play is less this year. His completion % is 2 points down and his QBR is 4 points down in a season that he has had more talent to throw to than any other year by far.

Fans default setting is if the team isn't winning the QB sucks. I think that is basic and incomplete. I had a conversation this weekend before this a Bears fan. We bring it up and he says "Fields sucks" and I laughed. I told him that Fields, to me, looks to be a very promising QB but this offseason the Bears gave him nothing. A poor line, sub par WR room and a decent QB is going to make the best QB's look bad.
(before anyone gets their pitch forks out, I am not saying this of anyone here, just an observation in general)

My questions are why is Carr seemingly looking like his play has regressed. The most plausible explanations are coaching and injury.

The NFL is a league you can't really win without a QB and a QB is very hard to find even when you have a great team otherwise (ask the Colts). It is dangerous to get rid of a QB that would upgrade the starting position for half the teams in the league without debate when you don't have the replacement. Where do we get that replacement? The draft? We take Young, Levis or Stroud and miss on it then you just added many more years of crappy records. You take a pass rusher and OT that you have a higher degree of hitting on the picks then the team is much closer to winning.... assuming you have the right coaches in place.

And that is the kicker... if you have the wrong coaches in place.... does the QB matter really matter?

I see the McDaniels hire is going about as I expected, been slow to post much in here, didn't want to upset the fan base but I can see most of you are already thinking about the next head coach, that's sad after such hardship the team fought thru in 2021. I have never liked McDaniels, happy he is falling flat on his face, sorry it had to be your team, seems like he was a terrible fit from the start.

All that said, if ythye don't part ways then McDaniels will make things worse by bringing in people for a system that won't be there.
Adams and Carr and maybe other parts of this team are worth salvaging and building around.

Why is Josh not wearing Raiders gear in this video?... Apparently, it's the logo for his son's high school. Can't help but see this as a subtle, perhaps subconscious symbol of giving up by Josh McDonalds.

Also, I noticed and mentioned it after his hiring news conference... This guy can't speak three sentences without saying 'you know' six times. Once you notice, you can't stop hearing it. I am sure the players notice. It's incessant and distracting for a head coach to use that term this much. This guy may be a great football mind, but that doesn't make him fit to lead men. We were warned.

Why is Josh not wearing Raiders gear in this video?... Apparently, it's the logo for his son's high school. Can't help but see this as a subtle, perhaps subconscious symbol of giving up by Josh McDonalds.

Also, I noticed and mentioned it after his hiring news conference... This guy can't speak three sentences without saying 'you know' six times. Once you notice, you can't stop hearing it. I am sure the players notice. It's incessant and distracting for a head coach to use that term this much. This guy may be a great football mind, but that doesn't make him fit to lead men. We were warned.
Thats so funny about the ''you know '' over and over , i first noticed that during his hiring press conference. It was so annoying , i was going to bring it up back then but wasnt sure anyone noticed or cared , im glad im not alone in that being a distraction when listening to him talk :laugh:

Thats so funny about the ''you know '' over and over , i first noticed that during his hiring press conference. It was so annoying , i was going to bring it up back then but wasnt sure anyone noticed or cared , im glad im not alone in that being a distraction when listening to him talk :laugh:
I noticed what he was wearing and thought it was odd too. The “you know” never bothered me probably because I’ve tuned him out just like his players 😂

How many QB's win with consistently 25th or worst defenses on the other side?
This sounds like an excuse for Carr's disappointing career. I am too lazy to research it but I am certain there are QBs that have played with poor defenses that won more consistently than Carr has.

My questions are why is Carr seemingly looking like his play has regressed. The most plausible explanations are coaching and injury.
There is some speculation that Mickey D's scheme doesn't fit Carr. Throughout high school and college, Carr has played in a spread offense. In Carr's first couple seasons a great deal of his success came in hurry-up from spread sets. His best seasons were primarily out of spread sets.

So I believe that is a big issue and illustrates why JM was a poor hire. He tries to fit the players to his scheme rather than scheming to his player's strengths.

And all of this points back to Tommy Boy. He can have all the Monday morning closed-door meetings his heart desires, but he should look in the mirror. This is shaping up to be his second big swing and miss. Why did he feel like he had to offer JM such a big contract? Why did he want JM so badly?

Wonder if he is missing Rich Bisaccia right about now? Tommy boy basically tried to fix something that wasn't broken. And he broke it worse.
(No wonder Al treated him so poorly.) 🤣

This guy may be a great football mind, but that doesn't make him fit to lead men. We were warned.
I think this is the issue in a nutshell. He's simply not HC material. He's coasted twice on Belichick's coattails and will probably continue to get chances after he inevitably returns to New England with his tail between his legs and his guaranteed contract money securely in the bank.

Replacing would be easy. Sam Darnold will be available. He may suck, but he can throw for more than 101 yards in a game....had games of 112, 129, and 132 last year.

Upgrading is the hard part.

Replacing would be easy. Sam Darnold will be available. He may suck, but he can throw for more than 101 yards in a game....had games of 112, 129, and 132 last year.

I should have written upgrading instead of replacing but pretty sure that was understood.

This guy may be a great football mind, but that doesn't make him fit to lead men. We were warned.
I think this is the issue in a nutshell. He's simply not HC material. He's coasted twice on Belichick's coattails and will probably continue to get chances after he inevitably returns to New England with his tail between his legs and his guaranteed contract money securely in the bank.

Belicheck can't have that many more years left in him. Josh may get a chance in NE.

I should have written upgrading instead of replacing but pretty sure that was understood.
It costs a lot dough. See Browns…
Here’s two wild scenarios: before you all go off on me, this is just for fun.
1. Send Carr and Adams to Green Bay in exchange for Rodgers and I don’t know, Jaire Alexander. Bring in Sean Payton and see if he and Rodgers can strike lightning in a bottle.
2. Call up Lamar Jackson and offer him the biggest guaranteed contract in NFL history and have McDaniels install the read option offense that just destroyed the Saints who Carr, Adams and McDaniels couldn’t get past the 50 against and finally advance the Raiders into the 21st century.
If Jackson isn’t interested target Hurts, as long as the money is there, if there’s a will, there’s a way.

Belicheck can't have that many more years left in him. Josh may get a chance in NE.
LV should continue forward with McD through next year. Don’t bring in older FA players since there isn’t just one or two holes to fill that will make a difference. Try to trade away older players and live with those that remain while building the team from the inside out on both sides of the ball through the draft.

LV should continue forward with McD through next year. Don’t bring in older FA players since there isn’t just one or two holes to fill that will make a difference. Try to trade away older players and live with those that remain while building the team from the inside out on both sides of the ball through the draft.
Agreed

It costs a lot dough. See Browns…
Here’s two wild scenarios: before you all go off on me, this is just for fun.
1. Send Carr and Adams to Green Bay in exchange for Rodgers and I don’t know, Jaire Alexander. Bring in Sean Payton and see if he and Rodgers can strike lightning in a bottle.
2. Call up Lamar Jackson and offer him the biggest guaranteed contract in NFL history and have McDaniels install the read option offense that just destroyed the Saints who Carr, Adams and McDaniels couldn’t get past the 50 against and finally advance the Raiders into the 21st century.
If Jackson isn’t interested target Hurts, as long as the money is there, if there’s a will, there’s a way.

Users who are viewing this thread