What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (4 Viewers)

My honest opinion is this .
Stop going to the games .
Stop buying Raider merchandise.
Stop watching the games .
Stop making the owner rich while he endlessly serves the paying public a far below average product on the field.
Force the team to take a long hard look at itself and make some difficult decisions .

As long as we support them nothing will change , its time for a whole lotta tough love

Stop making the owner rich while he endlessly serves the paying public a far below than average product on the field.
Force the team to take a long hard look at itself and make some difficult decisions .

As long as we support them nothing will change , its time for a whole lotta tough love
i hope so, i want to go to a vegas game but not at these prices. i miss oakland

Stop making the owner rich while he endlessly serves the paying public a far below than average product on the field.

i hope so, i want to go to a vegas game but not at these prices. i miss oakland
Even Maxx agrees

https://twitter.com/CrosbyMaxx

OnoFq1RQ_normal.jpg

🦅MaddMaxx🦅

@CrosbyMaxx
·
2h

Y’all Don’t Deserve This. Raider Nation I Love Y’all

Stop going to the games . Haven’t been to a game since 2003
Stop buying Raider merchandise. I stopped buying jerseys after my Mack and Cooper jerseys became obsolete. I do have a Carr jersey my daughter bought for me (soon the next casualty) My prized possession is my Woodson one that I got around 2000 I believe.
Stop watching the games . Started this program oddly enough after the Texans win. I just had a bad feeling. That defense, any true Raider fan knows how bad it is and has been for decades. No need to subject myself to that mess any longer.
Stop making the owner rich while he endlessly serves the paying public a far below average product on the field. I have lots of friends and acquaintances that have stopped being Raider fans over the years. I’m always amazed how many fans there still are, world-wide. Why would anyone be a fan that wasn’t born in the Bay Area or LA. Especially millennials, there are so many better and more successful franchises root for.
Force the team to take a long hard look at itself and make some difficult decisions .Davis obviously sees the product on the field. He can’t say it and won’t say it, but he’s in full tanking mode. Just watch Carr’s latest press conference, he knows what’s up but can’t say publicly.

As long as we support them nothing will change , its time for a whole lotta tough love. I think we already started to see this. The last home game I watched was the Broncos and there was ALOT of orange in that stadium, far cry from the Coliseum in Oakland back in the good ‘old days. Keep on losing and we’ll see more and more opposing jerseys fill the stadium.

Stop making the owner rich while he endlessly serves the paying public a far below average product on the field.
Considering his last two coaching hires I don't think it's fair to suggest Moe isn't trying to put a winning franchise together.

It's crazy how quickly this season went sideways then upside down. Feels like just yesterday we were envisioning seriously big things for this team and now I am left wondering exactly how high of a top ten pick is coming and who will be making the selection.

What makes it tough about boycotting Raider games is if you dont want to go, someone else will. Now that they are in Vegas, there will be many who fly in to see their team play the Raiders.

One sack, one QB hit, two tackles for loss.

Against a team that had given up 35 sacks coming into this game. Ryan had been sacked on 7.1% of his drop backs.

10 games, 10 sacks, 30 TFL (including sacks), 6 takeaways.

Fine, get rid of Carr, whatever, I don't care. But no one is going to win with this kind defense.

Last time this team had a top 10 defense in yardage or points was 2006, 3rd in yardage. Although I think the QB trio of Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks and Marquise Tuiasasopo, who managed a shocking (and I swear these are not typos) 7 TD passes , 24 INTs, 19 fumbles and took 72 sacks might have something to do with that ranking. Has the NFL ever seen a worse performance by an offense?

My new rallying cry may now be "Hey, at least it's not 2006."

Gotta go back to 2002 for the last time they had a top 10 scoring defense.

Sigh

Against a team that had given up 35 sacks coming into this game. Ryan had been sacked on 7.1% of his drop backs.

Fine, get rid of Carr, whatever, I don't care. But no one is going to win with this kind defense.

Last time this team had a top 10 defense in yardage or points was 2006, 3rd in yardage. Although I think the QB trio of Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks and Marquise Tuiasasopo, who managed a shocking (and I swear these are not typos) 7 TD passes , 24 INTs, 19 fumbles and took 72 sacks might have something to do with that ranking. Has the NFL ever seen a worse performance by an offense?

Sigh
Ah yes, the season that led up to the JaMarcus Russell draft pick. Passing up on generational talents such as Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas. The franchise has yet to recover.

Sigh
Ah yes, the season that led up to the JaMarcus Russell draft pick. Passing up on generational talents such as Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas. The franchise has yet to recover.
The franchise hasn't recovered since Super Bowl XXXVII

i Only go to one game a year usually. And for years it was an away game. And that was just as much to go to a new place and experience a cool city. NO, GB, KC etc, the raiders usually lost. But they were fun experiences. I went to the first game in vegas, with fans, and will probaby never go again. Vegas is disgusting. Nice stadium though.
haven’t bought merch, other than a hat for my daughter, in 25 years.
I watch football, primarily because I enjoy it and I play FF
the Oakland games were an experience. Come for the tailgate, stay for the game. I would eat and drink as much as possible outside and have 1 drink in the stadium. I knew 20 or so people that I would only see at those games.
I went the superbowl. Had access to team hotel. I was going to get to go the after party. Jerry rice said he’d sign my jersey at the party. It’s been a rough f’ing ride ever since.
the end of Al was a disaster. Tommy boy‘s beginning wasn’t great. But he IS trying. Gruden was a mistake. The mcZ team is faced with trying to fix a team that’s been a dumpster fire for 20 years. The outlying year is when carr broke his leg.
We’ll see what happens. But I will never stop being a raider fan.

What makes it tough about boycotting Raider games is if you dont want to go, someone else will. Now that they are in Vegas, there will be many who fly in to see their team play the Raiders.
Yep. This was always the case. I said as much when they moved. no matter how well the team plays, there will always be a disproportionate amount of away fans. And it will only be worse, the more that lose.

Most of us stated repeatedly that there was no talent on D or the O line. Not sure what Raider fans didn’t accept that?
Everyone who thought they would make a playoff run after acquiring Adams. And I would argue that was most of us in here.
Really? I thought the Raiders would finish just under .500 and third after KC and Chargers in the division. I know I wasn’t alone with the concerns about the o line and D. How did fans think this team was going to the playoffs with the lack of talent on the team? I’m surprised that McD is doing as poorly as he is but not surprised that the D can’t stop anyone. I wasn’t expecting much this season but this is pitiful. The team can’t even beat the other bad teams which tells you just how bad things are.

It is truly time to rebuild. I don’t see any way around it. It may be possible to build around Carr but the org must stop throwing away draft picks and must fill holes. Adams is a great player but he deserves better and the Raiders need young talent. Carr may even retire by seasons end or at the end of the season. He sounds heartbroken and finished.

Most of us stated repeatedly that there was no talent on D or the O line. Not sure what Raider fans didn’t accept that?
Everyone who thought they would make a playoff run after acquiring Adams. And I would argue that was most of us in here.
Really? I thought the Raiders would finish just under .500 and third after KC and Chargers in the division. I know I wasn’t alone with the concerns about the o line and D. How did fans think this team was going to the playoffs with the lack of talent on the team? I’m surprised that McD is doing as poorly as he is but not surprised that the D can’t stop anyone. I wasn’t expecting much this season but this is pitiful. The team can’t even beat the other bad teams which tells you just how bad things are.

It is truly time to rebuild. I don’t see any way around it. It may be possible to build around Carr but the org must stop throwing away draft picks and must fill holes. Adams is a great player but he deserves better and the Raiders need young talent. Carr may even retire by seasons end or at the end of the season. He sounds heartbroken and finished.
Rebuild from the top down
-owner
-Front office
- Coaches
-Players

i Only go to one game a year usually. And for years it was an away game. And that was just as much to go to a new place and experience a cool city. NO, GB, KC etc, the raiders usually lost. But they were fun experiences. I went to the first game in vegas, with fans, and will probaby never go again. Vegas is disgusting. Nice stadium though.
haven’t bought merch, other than a hat for my daughter, in 25 years.
I watch football, primarily because I enjoy it and I play FF
the Oakland games were an experience. Come for the tailgate, stay for the game. I would eat and drink as much as possible outside and have 1 drink in the stadium. I knew 20 or so people that I would only see at those games.
I went the superbowl. Had access to team hotel. I was going to get to go the after party. Jerry rice said he’d sign my jersey at the party. It’s been a rough f’ing ride ever since.
the end of Al was a disaster. Tommy boy‘s beginning wasn’t great. But he IS trying. Gruden was a mistake. The mcZ team is faced with trying to fix a team that’s been a dumpster fire for 20 years. The outlying year is when carr broke his leg.
We’ll see what happens. But I will never stop being a raider fan.
oh hell no....i`ll ALWAYS be a Raiders fan until i die

as a matter of fact When I die, I want the whole Raiders team to lower me into the ground.... so they can let me down one finale time. :laugh:

I hate talk about giving up on a brand new coaching staff and front office after less than a season. It's foolish, reactionary and leads to persistent turnover.

I get it, this year sucks. Even worse when you see teams like Minnesota, the Giants and Dolphins having immediate success in year one. But to simply pull the plug after 10 games is not how winning franchises are created.

I hate talk about giving up on a brand new coaching staff and front office after less than a season. It's foolish, reactionary and leads to persistent turnover.

I get it, this year sucks. Even worse when you see teams like Minnesota, the Giants and Dolphins having immediate success in year one. But to simply pull the plug after 10 games is not how winning franchises are created.

Every situation is different. If McDaniels truly sucks - and he might, big time - then you pull the cord as soon as possible and find the right guy. Or maybe he doesn't suck and this roster and locker room do/did. I won't deny that could be a possibility too, but man, there sure is a lot of smoke indicating that McD is a root problem and if that is true, cut bait ASAP and move forward from there, regardless of optics or your general point above. To do otherwise would be falling victim to the sunk-cost fallacy. That too, would be to use your term, foolish.

Same. I saw .500ish as a ceiling. Didn’t expect it to be this bad.

Every situation is different. If McDaniels truly sucks - and he might, big time - then you pull the cord as soon as possible and find the right guy. Or maybe he doesn't suck and this roster and locker room do/did. I won't deny that could be a possibility too, but man, there sure is a lot of smoke indicating that McD is a root problem and if that is true, cut bait ASAP and move forward from there, regardless of optics or your general point above. To do otherwise would be falling victim to the sunk-cost fallacy. That too, would be to use your term, foolish.
There is zero value add to cut bait immediately. They're not making a run this year, they're till paying his contract and they can't make any relevant moves with the trade deadline passed. And presumably Ziegler would go with McDaniels meaning any moves they could make wouldn't be signed off on by the new regime.

Totally dysfunctional move that represents a red flag for any future candidates, at least the ones who get more than one offer.

There is zero value add to cut bait immediately. They're not making a run this year, they're till paying his contract and they can't make any relevant moves with the trade deadline passed. And presumably Ziegler would go with McDaniels meaning any moves they could make wouldn't be signed off on by the new regime.

Totally dysfunctional move that represents a red flag for any future candidates, at least the ones who get more than one offer.
100%. Right or wrong decision, theyve got to stick with mcZ and at least Give them a shot.

Last edited:
There is zero value add to cut bait immediately.
Again, I generally concur, but every situation is different. Neither you nor I have insight into just how toxic things are inside the Raiders facility these days, though there appears to me to be dark black smoke billowing from the chimneys and windows. Depending on the true level and cause of such toxicity, cutting bait asap could have merit - I don't need to go through all possible iterations and scenarios that could warrant a mid-season reset. I will assert though, that there are absolutely extreme cases where it does make sense, and that JMcD may (or may not) be in that range right now. I won't speak as definitively as you are about this, as I admittedly don't know exactly how bad it is, even though my spidey sense is ringing loudly that it's bad... Real bad.

I think we are at the beginning of a different paradigm regarding coaching hires. We first started seeing this with coaches getting fired after one season (Culley). Now the hiring of someone that had zero NFL experience (Saturday). I do not think teams should be stuck in the mindset as to what successful franchises have done in the past.

One trait of a successful business is to recognize a mistake, make adjustments and move forward. I have zero confidence Tommy boy can operate the team successfully. Just looks at his HC hires. He has thrown big money at his last two hires. This puts him in the poor position of losing millions if the hire is a disaster. Another indicator is his hands-off approach when the staff is clearly making poor decisions about the draft.

I have heard the arguments about giving the staff time to implement their scheme. For me, this is always the first indicator to suspect the coaches. A good coach fits their scheme to the players' strengths, not forcing the players to fit the scheme. Graham appears to be the latter. And the lack of effort is a second warning.

At least the Raiders have reclaimed one throne: the most dysfunctional franchise. Congrats Tommy boy!

It's crazy how quickly this season went sideways then upside down. Feels like just yesterday we were envisioning seriously big things for this team and now I am left wondering exactly how high of a top ten pick is coming and who will be making the selection.
It seems like the team was a team going into the season. The first handful of games were all tight. They easily could have been 7-0 as they ended 1-6 going against NO. Each of the 6 games lost were winnable and was the difference of 1-3 plays that broke against us.... over and over. Something broke against NO. The Jags and Colts were games we should win. Watching the game last night, McDaniels has lost this team. There is no effort from so many players. Adams, Crosby, Carr and a few others obviously will ball out regardless but there were several visible examples of players half heartedly playing.

Yes, there is a deficient offensive line. Yes, and even more importantly, the defense is just a mess. Jones is a huge bust and the biggest problem to get this defense where it is. If Jones played somewhat to the level of what was expected of him, the defense as a whole would be playing better. Losing Hobbs was another huge loss as the only other true star. Nothing happening in the middle of the line. Losing Perryman and Martinez hurt though I did love the effort Masterson put in- it seems like he is one of those guys that plays to his fullest ability but may be limited in what that ability is. Amik Robertson needs to be cut. His jogging after Ryan was unforgivable to me and was the biggest blaring example of not playing hard I have seen in a long time.

Talent wise, could this team have made the playoffs? Yes. Subpar defense and bad line included. It was proven last season with more hardships but with stronger leadership from Bisaccia. Does Rich have the super sexy offensive mind or track record of SB wins under him? No. But he had that locker room absolutely 100% playing hard to a man.

I am against this tank idea. Why? We need to see if McDaniels needs to be fired or not. If the season continues as is there is no reason why we should bring back McDaniels. Zero reason. He needs to show that he can lead this team. That he can be a HC. That he deserves another season. To this point... I don't see why he does.

that was a pi on adams in the end zone
It was.
I get it but Adams was doing his fair share of pushing on that play.

They shouldn't have been in position to need a last second TD to win in the first place.
No more than every jump ball in the NFL. The defender never attempted to locate the ball, played the receiver instead and forcefully altered his ability to catch before the ball got to him. Missed call but yes, it shouldn't have come to that.

Again, I generally concur, but every situation is different. Neither you nor I have insight into just how toxic things are inside the Raiders facility these days, though there appears to me to be dark black smoke billowing from the chimneys and windows. Depending on the true level and cause of such toxicity, cutting bait asap could have merit - I don't need to go through all possible iterations and scenarios that could warrant a mid-season reset. I will assert though, that there are absolutely extreme cases where it does make sense, and that JMcD may (or may not) be in that range right now. I won't speak as definitively as you are about this, as I admittedly don't know exactly how bad it is, even though my spidey sense is ringing loudly that it's bad... Real bad.
We have Adams saying ''not everyone has bought into the new system''

You have Carr weeping and saying as a leader its tough watching others not try as hard as they cn.
Ive worked in places where the work vibe was awful and toxic and nobody wanted to work there but under certain circumstances ,had to. Nodody really gave it there all and were just going thru the motions to collect a check.
Then ive worked in places where everyone loved there job and went far and above to please , it was so much better , would have stayed there forever but had to move away.
I can see this happening , the toxic workplace, in Las Vegas.

Missed call but yes, it shouldn't have come to that.

In my decades-long fanship of this team, I've rarely seen such calls be made in favor of the Raiders - from either side of the ball. In that way, it wasn't a missed call at all, but just par for the Silver & Black course. I mean here we are, in 2022 with the umpteenth coaching staff preaching the importance of penalty-free football, and once again the Raiders are top ten in the NFL in penalties...

Click on each year on that page - the Raiders are in the top ten every single year. Every. Single. Year. If they finish tenth in 2022 (where they stand today), it would be their best (i.e. lowest) finish of all those years! I mean, seriously... WTF, man.

100§. Right or wrong decision, theyve got to stick with mcZ and at least Give them a shot.
At least through this season. There is no point in making a change now. Maybe, eventually Tommy Boy will run out of failed retired coaches and give someone without much experience a shot. I’m not talking about the Indy model. Somewhere between Gruden/McD and Saturday.

And for the love of god, start addressing the pathetic D in the offseason!

Could not agree more LawFitz. It's clear the team is not performing to it's potential. A perfect record isn't likely in the NFL, but this team should be far from a 2-7 team. Let's call it 2-8 as they likely lost to their bye week too.

I took a moment to compare some stats from last years team to this years team. Partially because I'm a nerd, and partially because I really hate not knowing what is so broken about this team. Comparing last years 5-4 start (through 10 weeks) with this 2-7 start this year...

To date...
Offense has scored 7 less points this year.
Offense has 6 less first downs this year, but also 439 less yards passing and 194 more yards rushing (net 245 less yards).
Offense has 3 less TOs.

Defense has allowed 4 less points this year.
Defense has allowed 4 less first downs.
Defense has allowed 171 more passing yards, and 27 less rushing yards (net 144 more yards)
Defense had 5 less turnovers.

To me they have looked they look like a team unprepared, and put in situations that aren't conducive to winning the game of inches. They are out of sync between coaches and players, as well as players and players.

I put it far more on McDaniels than anyone else right now. He needs to find a way to right the ship, get the team playing to their potential. EVEN if that potential isn't a playoff team, they aren't playing to the level they should.

Could not agree more LawFitz. It's clear the team is not performing to it's potential. A perfect record isn't likely in the NFL, but this team should be far from a 2-7 team. Let's call it 2-8 as they likely lost to their bye week too.

I took a moment to compare some stats from last years team to this years team. Partially because I'm a nerd, and partially because I really hate not knowing what is so broken about this team. Comparing last years 5-4 start (through 10 weeks) with this 2-7 start this year...

To date...
Offense has scored 7 less points this year.
Offense has 6 less first downs this year, but also 439 less yards passing and 194 more yards rushing (net 245 less yards).
Offense has 3 less TOs.

Defense has allowed 4 less points this year.
Defense has allowed 4 less first downs.
Defense has allowed 171 more passing yards, and 27 less rushing yards (net 144 more yards)
Defense had 5 less turnovers.

To me they have looked they look like a team unprepared, and put in situations that aren't conducive to winning the game of inches. They are out of sync between coaches and players, as well as players and players.

I put it far more on McDaniels than anyone else right now. He needs to find a way to right the ship, get the team playing to their potential. EVEN if that potential isn't a playoff team, they aren't playing to the level they should.
i do stuff like this as well. thanks!

No so fun fact...
NFL Research: Josh McDaniels started his head-coaching career 6-0. His record since then is 7-24.

7-24 in last 31 JMcD games. Think of that as 4-12 and 3-12, spread out over approximately two NFL seasons... Do the Raiders even go 4-13 this year? Which two upcoming games do you expect them to win?

@ DEN - maybe
@ SEA
v. LAC
@ LAR - maybe
v. NE
@ PIT - maybe
v. SF
v. KC

Looking at somewhere between 2-15 and 5-12 this year, best case for House McDonald. :(

No so fun fact...
NFL Research: Josh McDaniels started his head-coaching career 6-0. His record since then is 7-24.

7-24 in last 31 JMcD games. Think of that as 4-12 and 3-12, spread out over approximately two NFL seasons... Do the Raiders even go 4-13 this year? Which two upcoming games do you expect them to win?

@ DEN - maybe
@ SEA
v. LAC
@ LAR - maybe
v. NE
@ PIT - maybe
v. SF
v. KC

Looking at somewhere between 2-15 and 5-12 this year, best case for House McDonald. :(
At this point Seattle, San Francisco & Kansas City are the only games that seem really unlikely.

You have Carr weeping and saying as a leader its tough watching others not try as hard as they cn.
Ive worked in places where the work vibe was awful and toxic and nobody wanted to work there but under certain circumstances ,had to. Nodody really gave it there all and were just going thru the motions to collect a check.
Then ive worked in places where everyone loved there job and went far and above to please , it was so much better , would have stayed there forever but had to move away.
Yeah, the QB weeping about lack of effort isn't a good look. Being pissed off is one thing, but tears? Not so much

Yeah, the QB weeping about lack of effort isn't a good look. Being pissed off is one thing, but tears? Not so much
Just my opinion but I think the tears stem from the fact that he is realizing this is the end of the road for him as the Raiders QB. He wanted to win a championship with his buddy at WR and ride off into the sunset but clearly that’s not going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread