What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 NFL Free Agency Thread - News, Rumours & Speculation (1 Viewer)

Could you elaborate on this?  As an Edmonds owner, I don't really know what to make of this news.
 The money was average but I think most people viewed Miami as a very attractive landing spot due to competition and Shanahan running scheme. 
2 years for $12.6 million is pretty decent money these days for RBs. They could very well draft one of the top rookies in the 2nd/3rd/4th and that could complicate things, but right now Edmonds'  fantasy arrow is pointing up big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic Jags, all the cap space in the world, and they just throw the money away. At least Scherff is good. But Kirk is a downgrade than Chark, and Oluokon is a backup caliber player, who the Falcons didn't even want back.

Christian Kirk

4 yrs/$84 million by the Jags.

I don't get it. Would make more sense if it was Captain Kirk

Every team that needs a WR is pissed at JAX now.

What a bunch of maroons.

If I knew a Jags fan, I woul tell them to trat today as if they just won the Super Bowl, because winning Day 1 of Free Agency is it for them.

Thoughts on Wesley in Arizona?  I like him more than Rondale Moore.
I have no idea how to project targets in AZ with the departure of Kirk. It looked like Wesley was matching AJ Green in targets down the stretch last year. Regardless, Wesley is a high-quality dynasty stash.

Didn't the Pats go hog wild with the first two FA WRs last year? Just cause Jags are stupid doesn't mean it sets the bar. Certainly adds leverage for everyone's agent right now though.

No doubt A-Rob and JuJu just saw the Kirk contract and are lecturing their agents as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt A-Rob and JuJu just saw the Kirk contract and are lecturing their agents as we speak.
Maybe but if they want to play on competitive teams they are going to have to take an equal amount or less. The Jags have to pay a Bozo Tax to get anybody to go there. 

Maybe but if they want to play on competitive teams they are going to have to take an equal amount or less. The Jags have to pay a Bozo Tax to get anybody to go there. 
Fair point - hard to have the monster bucks and a Super Bowl contender at the same time.

Derwin James posted 👀 on Twitter, then later posted: 👀👀

Then later on, JC Jackson posted this on Instagram: 👀👀

So, I am going to go ahead and tell you that JC Jackson is signing with the Chargers, because this is the world we live in. :sigh:

Dolphins signed QB Teddy Bridgewater, formerly of the Broncos, to a one-year contract. 

It's a homecoming for Bridgewater, and an upgrade on Jacoby Brissett behind Tua Tagovailoa, who has yet to establish 17-game durability at the NFL level. Former coach Brian Flores might have viewed Bridgewater as a means to push Tagovailoa/potential quick hook option, though we would assume Bridgewater is arriving in South Beach as a traditional backup, albeit one whose starter could still end up benched for performance reasons. That is not the most likely outcome. Tagovailoa is improving and now entering a much more quarterback-friendly system. Hard-capped as a bridge/backup, Bridgewater is back in the right role after a few years as starter. 

RELATED: 

Denver Broncos

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 14, 2022, 4:49 PM ET

Dolphins signed WR Cedrick Wilson, formerly of the Cowboys, to a three-year, $22.8 million contract.

The deal includes $12.8 million in guarantees for Wilson. The former Cowboys stepped into a larger role amid injuries to his teammates last year. He more than doubled his snap total from 2020 to 2021 and nearly tripled his receiving yardage. Wilson took the vast majority of his snaps from the slot last year. He will man the slot again in Miami with DeVante Parker and Jaylen Waddle playing out wide. Though Wilson is a solid addition for the Dolphins, who needed to find another weapon for Tua Tagovailoa, his fantasy outlook will be limited by a lack of target volume. 

RELATED: 

Dallas Cowboys

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 14, 2022, 4:46 PM ET

Thoughts on Wesley in Arizona?  I like him more than Rondale Moore.
I've not given Wesley any thought to be honest.

I doubt he's better then Rondale who per Next Gen Stats was actually  the #1WR in the entire league in separation and by a lot, I mean he blew the entire league away in this category. The problem is I'm not sure Kyler can see him.That's not a joke and I said this when they took him when I wondered here and other places if it was not the shortest QB-WR combo in history. I think it's a legit problem that both are so small.

I’ve never even heard of these guys the Jags are signing. 
 I for sure can't keep  Foley Fatukasia's and Foye Oluokon's straight for nothing.

Like I read one signed and then the other and I was thinking, hold up, I thought they already signed that guy?

Users who are viewing this thread